facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2006, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Flipper
Did anyone think Pathan was going to be a success at 3 knowing he never even had a 50 in his first class career? If India didn't try these sort of things, they would never have emerged as a One Day power again. They are looking at WC 07, and I think that's what has been warranted.
Pathan played some good inningses (not just 15 ball SR 100+ cameos) at lower order in both Test and ODI before he started getting the occasional promotion to #3 or opening. In those inningses he had shown all signs of a capable batsman. On the other hand, in the England tour it seemed that Mashrafee had almost completely forgotten batting.

I think we can send him at #3 if we're chasing a target of 300 in the subcontinent. Otherwise he should always bat in the lower order or come early in ODIs only to take advantage the final slogging overs (at least till he makes substantial improvement in his technique)

Old March 19, 2006, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

For the people who are ridiculing the idea, it was first proposed by Khaled Mahmud in his column in Janakantha. Regardless of how much one respect/disrespect him as a cricketer, it will be very stupid of one to undermine his knowledge of the game.

After seeing Mashrafe's last innings, I am more convinced that this idea has some real values. Most of his shots landed outside the inner circle, if field restriction was in place, all of those shots would race beyond the boundary.

Also, the proposal was to try Mashrafe as pinch hitter on subcontinental pitches, where the ball swings lot less and the wicket is not that bouncy, very unlike English condition. So, there is no point talking about Masri's form in England.

Edited on, March 19, 2006, 7:08 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old March 19, 2006, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

not now; but we might consider him as a pinch hitter at no. 3 on very rare occassions when we feel the need for one. this should not happen on anything more than "rare occassions" though.
Old March 19, 2006, 03:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

If Nafees out get Rafique in, if Javed out get Mashafe in. Hope Javed gets out first
Old March 19, 2006, 04:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Quote:
Originally posted by fishyguy
This is the worst idea I've ever heard in my life.
I agree with you.
Old March 19, 2006, 09:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I think its not the worst idea. Worst idea was to include Mushifq during the Srilanka tour. That beats idea of having Hasibul Hossain Shanto bowling against India during their last tour. Which was superseeded by not having Rafique for the early days of our test cricket..
Old March 20, 2006, 02:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

Quote:
Originally posted by Flipper
Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher

So who will be our onedown batsman? Here I like Sujon's idea of using Mashrafe as a pinch hitter. India had success using Pathan in this position in the first ODI against Pakistan, since Mashrafe bats pretty straight, he may also produce similar results for us from this position once a while.
Few more points to consider:

- He won us the boxing day game against India. (His innings was the difference)
- he was fun to watch in the very next match.
- Bangladesh posted a somewhat respectable score against England last year in the first match of NetWest solely on Aftab and Mash's shoulder.
- He also has a First Class 100.
- He was the one to make sure we post 300.

I think this is the series we try him for the next 3 matches to see if he clicks. I started to believe that he may play some match winning innings at #3 as a pinch hitter!

Edited on, March 19, 2006, 2:31 AM GMT, by Flipper.
Mashrafee is awesome. However I dont think he should be 1st drop. He has talent with the bat but most of us has only started realising it. He should stay in the lower order and make some more scores. After that we should consider putting him in the middle order. Before then its too hasty of a decision.
Old March 20, 2006, 03:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Mashrafi Quality Pace er against e bhalo na...

I know amader top order-e khub kom batsman ei pace er against e bhalo...tarporo Mashrafir cheye bhalo hobe eta for sure

Mashrafi ke #3 te namano hobe Bouncy pitch e Rafiq ke diye open koranor moto bokami

Tobe Subcontinent e week opponant er against e TRY korano jai
Old March 20, 2006, 08:39 AM
Club Cricketer

Going into the 4th ODI if it goes to plan we should by that time have 3-0 lead, bangladesh team should consider the possibility of maybe playing Mashree at maybe at no: 5 to give a chance to bat for longer period. This way we might end up scoring 400+

Mashre80 off 39 balls
Ash 78 off 48balls
Aftab 121 off 89 balls
Nafees 31 off 19balls
Rofique 55 off 28balls .................................................. ...
and you guys fill in the rest
Old March 20, 2006, 08:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Michael Jordan

Quote:
Originally posted by cricbb
Going into the 4th ODI if it goes to plan we should by that time have 3-0 lead, bangladesh team should consider the possibility of maybe playing Mashree at maybe at no: 5 to give a chance to bat for longer period. This way we might end up scoring 400+

Mashre80 off 39 balls
Ash 78 off 48balls
Aftab 121 off 89 balls
Nafees 31 off 19balls
Rofique 55 off 28balls .................................................. ...
and you guys fill in the rest
already 365 runs in 223 balls, at that rate score will end up at 491 (if not more)!!!!