facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 28, 2012, 01:41 AM
Test Cricketer

After the BPL authorities said Barisal Burners, not Chittagong Kings, are playing semifinals, Kings said they will move court, just two hours before the first semifinal is set to start.

Samir Quader Chowdhury, CEO of SQ Sports, which owns the Kings, told a media conference about the decision of the team.

Coach Khaled Mahmud and manager Nasir Ahmed were also present.

Source >>

Old February 28, 2012, 01:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
If were Chittagong I would sue. No question asked. Take the bylaws to the court. Sue the amount the tourney winners cash's in plus two MoM amounts.
but.. but.. but T_E da what about the teaching of Ghandi?
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong.

Old February 28, 2012, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

আদালতে যাবে চট্টগ্রাম কিংস
আদালত এ গিয়ে কি লাভ? আদালত লইট্টা বাহিনী কে শাস্তি দিবে? কিন্তু মাননীয় ক্ষমাশীল রাষ্টপতি কি তাদের ক্ষমা করে দিবেন না?

Old February 28, 2012, 02:04 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

CK has been robbed. BCB going to lose in court as by their tournament laws CK goes to semis.
LOL BCB.

They can create more drama by disqualifying both CK and BB and let Play Sylhet Royals in semifinal. That would be climax of this movie . Come on BCB, you can do it.
Old February 28, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Good. Now Pakistan Dhaka Gladiator and Dhurdhorsho Rajshahi threatening to boycott if CTG is left out of semis. way to go folks !

I am done with BPL. Talking about BPL team owners bringing fame and glory for our country, this threat from 3 franchise owners serves the promise perfectly. May all rest in peace.
Old February 28, 2012, 02:12 AM
Administrator

Started with promise and now with all the drama it has come crashing down. I am now least bothered about the BPL. What a way to leave a bad taste in the mouth. (Zee don't)
Old February 28, 2012, 02:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anher
CK has been robbed. BCB going to lose in court as by their tournament laws CK goes to semis.
LOL BCB.

They can create more drama by disqualifying both CK and BB and let Play Sylhet Royals in semifinal. That would be climax of this movie . Come on BCB, you can do it.
CK was never robbed. If they were so desperate to go to semis then they should have restricted BB from winning the match within 15 overs. CTG had accepted their lose and was happy to congratulate BB. Now, they have got an excuse to make things blurry and they are exploiting it perfectly.
Old February 28, 2012, 02:21 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

^I understand BB deserve to go to semi but if i interpret it correctly BCB tournament laws say its CK should go to semis. i don't see how BCB can win the battle in court.
Old February 28, 2012, 02:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

http://cricket.bdnews24.com/details....l6vg1er0ukdlo7
hours before the first semifinal is set to start on Tuesday, Chittagong Kings said they will move court over the BPL authorities' decision to allow Barisal Burnerst to play Duronto Rajshahi in the second semifinals.

Samir Quader Chowdhury, CEO of SQ Sports, which owns the Kings, told a media conference about the decision of the team. Coach Khaled Mahmud and manager Nasir Ahmed were present there.

Shafiqul Haque Heera and Faruque Ahmed, the managers of semifinalists Dhaka Gladiators and Duronto Rajshahi, respectively, and Khulna Royal Bengals media manager Jahid Razzaq Masum were also present in the conference.

Dhaka's Heera said his team will support the Kings if they were thrown out illegally.

Faruque of Rajshahi said they will also back the Kings if they were dropped unlawfully. He, however, added they are not abandoning the first semifinal against the Burners at 2pm

what a COMEDY !!
BY THE LAWS OF THE TOURNAMENT CK MUST GET THE SPOT .HAD ANYBODY READ THE LAWS CAREFULLY SUCH INCIDENT WOULDNT HAVE OCCURED .WHAT A SHAME BCB
Old February 28, 2012, 02:32 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

anyway, BB just won the toss and bowling in first semifinal aginast DR.
Old February 28, 2012, 04:00 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Well, I do understand BCB made a blunder !!
But how come none of the team owners, the franchise managers, the ex cricketers who are "Directors" and "Advisers" of those franchise read those rules book ??

If BCB is a guilty party in this comical farce, the franchise owners and those ex cricketers who were supposed to be an expert in this area are also equally to be blamed for.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 28, 2012, 04:07 AM

Since CK once accepted their out when BB won that game, they wont get much going to court.
Old February 28, 2012, 04:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Nothing will happen at the end of the day.
They are just making some noise when the issue is hot and will fizzle out within few days.

Trust me, IF either Dhaka,Rajshahi or Khulna becomes champion, they will care less who was the fourth team.

End of the day, just one big drama and nothing else.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 28, 2012, 05:44 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Since CK once accepted their out when BB won that game, they wont get much going to court.
then y did dhaka not accept their defeat to CTG and let CTG go through

THIS IS PATHETIC

By laws, Chittagong are to go through
Old February 28, 2012, 06:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

At the end, it was a fruitful decision for the spectators... We saw a better batting and exciting match than a boring one sided Rajshahi beating Chittagong. Amazing semi final played by Barisal, they made BPL a really exciting tourney!!
Old February 28, 2012, 06:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd
http://cricket.bdnews24.com/details....l6vg1er0ukdlo7
hours before the first semifinal is set to start on Tuesday, Chittagong Kings said they will move court over the BPL authorities' decision to allow Barisal Burnerst to play Duronto Rajshahi in the second semifinals.

Samir Quader Chowdhury, CEO of SQ Sports, which owns the Kings, told a media conference about the decision of the team. Coach Khaled Mahmud and manager Nasir Ahmed were present there.

Shafiqul Haque Heera and Faruque Ahmed, the managers of semifinalists Dhaka Gladiators and Duronto Rajshahi, respectively, and Khulna Royal Bengals media manager Jahid Razzaq Masum were also present in the conference.

Dhaka's Heera said his team will support the Kings if they were thrown out illegally.

Faruque of Rajshahi said they will also back the Kings if they were dropped unlawfully. He, however, added they are not abandoning the first semifinal against the Burners at 2pm

what a COMEDY !!
BY THE LAWS OF THE TOURNAMENT CK MUST GET THE SPOT .HAD ANYBODY READ THE LAWS CAREFULLY SUCH INCIDENT WOULDNT HAVE OCCURED .WHAT A SHAME BCB
Whatever, this incident is making BPL more popular in the country ... Good for the league but I see the law in favor of BB...:
Old February 28, 2012, 06:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
then y did dhaka not accept their defeat to CTG and let CTG go through

THIS IS PATHETIC

By laws, Chittagong are to go through
but they are saying the law that was shown was a fake one?source:shamokal.com
Old February 28, 2012, 12:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

^^ LOL

so the drama continues. BPL will be kept alive even after the final.

Fake Law
Nasir Jamshed any others?
Old February 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
At the end, it was a fruitful decision for the spectators... We saw a better batting and exciting match than a boring one sided Rajshahi beating Chittagong. Amazing semi final played by Barisal, they made BPL a really exciting tourney!!
Yup, I gotta be honest...the 20 odd thousand at the stadium today, didn't give a damn about the whole controversy with Chittagong and Barishal.

I actively tried to seek out opinions from people, most were like meh...and as the match progressed, that 'meh' became a good thing Chittagong aren't in it...no way would they have turned in that sort of a performance.

No riots, no tears, no mention...paying fans have clearly moved on from the controversy - obviously those of us on the net, haven't and won't.
Old February 28, 2012, 09:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Yup, I gotta be honest...the 20 odd thousand at the stadium today, didn't give a damn about the whole controversy with Chittagong and Barishal.

I actively tried to seek out opinions from people, most were like meh...and as the match progressed, that 'meh' became a good thing Chittagong aren't in it...no way would they have turned in that sort of a performance.

No riots, no tears, no mention...paying fans have clearly moved on from the controversy - obviously those of us on the net, haven't and won't.
It's because there was no Chittagong Kings fans in the stadium yesterday. It's hard to move on if you are at the wrong end of justice.
Old February 28, 2012, 09:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
It's because there was no Chittagong Kings fans in the stadium yesterday. It's hard to move on if you are at the wrong end of justice.
I think justice has been served fair and square. Mike Proctor the ICC match referee and Technical committee member, himself clarifies the situation. Even after that if you want to believe CTG was wrongfully forced out then, its up to you.

Quote:
Procter explained that the confusion arose because there were two clauses: one concerning a situation in which three teams were equal on points (21.8.2) and one referring to a similar situation with two teams (21.8.1). The former was used to decide Dhaka's qualification, which left Chittagong and Barisal level, meaning clause 21.8.1 would come into effect and Chittagong's win against Dhaka would not be counted.

"Because they ended up with the most points Dhaka were taken out of the equation," Procter said. "Two teams were left. So you could not have a head-to-head between three teams, but only two."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/555589.html
The bold part is what we need to focus. This is where all the misunderstanding are created. Its a common sense really, however, seems like majority of people missed that.
Old February 28, 2012, 10:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I think justice has been served fair and square. Mike Proctor the ICC match referee and Technical committee member, himself clarifies the situation. Even after that if you want to believe CTG was wrongfully forced out then, its up to you.

The bold part is what we need to focus. This is where all the misunderstanding are created. Its a common sense really, however, seems like majority of people missed that.
Mike Proctor would say whatever the technical committee would ask him to say. A wrong is not going to be right even if Mike Proctor says it. I'll have to repeat myself. It was a 3 way tie break, not a 2 way. Please read carefully what 21.8.2 states:

"When three (3) or more teams finish with equal points and equal wins in the league, then the team(s) which was (were) the winner of the most number of matches played between those equal teams in the league will be placed in higher position(s)."

It's a multiway tie break. So apply this clause of law and see what the standings are:
DG 3 win out of 4
Ck 2 win out of 4
BB 1 win out of 4

The clause clearly talks about teams being placed in higher positions. Who do we have in the higher positions (not position)? DG followed by Ck. Problem solved, case dismissed.

Now why would you wanna conveniently go back to 21.8.1 if you don't have any vested interest when the problem is already solved?

You legally cannot apply two different rules for 3 teams in the same situation.
Old February 28, 2012, 10:37 PM
Administrator

^^^ That's exactly how I parsed it. There is NO ambiguity.

I wrote in post #30:

Quote:
A proper parsing leaves no ambiguity. The ranking amongst the tied teams is predicated by the "winner of the most number of matches amongst themselves". Here the anaphora "themselves" clearly refer to the most immediate applicable noun phrase "these equal teams" which in term is defined a priori as "3 or more teams with equal points".

QED.
Unfortunately, the way the by laws are written - the other clause gave them an escape clause.
Old February 28, 2012, 10:41 PM
Cricket Sage

To Gladiator fans... don't sleep tonight.

By the time you wake up, you will find out that BCB already announced the champion during midnight meeting.
Old February 28, 2012, 10:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
^^^ That's exactly how I parsed it. There is NO ambiguity.

I wrote in post #30:

Unfortunately, the way the by laws are written - the other clause gave them an escape clause.
Really? I don't think there's a escape clause for them the way the by laws are written should CK wish to pursue the matter in the court.