facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 13, 2012, 07:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Good and thoughtful post. I agree that both Naeem and Junaid do have something to offer for the longer version. Naeem's fighting 50 against England and his 45 against the WI when were in a free fall is still in my mind. He has the ability to really grind opposition to the ground. If he can start converting his starts in to big scores then he can really be a handy batsman for us in Tests.

I also liked Junaid in Tests in 2010. He got overlooked obviously by Tamim that year but he too made big strides in the longer version. What was very impressive about him was the way he fought against England in their own conditions. It showed he had guts and determination. Unfortunately he got overlooked by Ash and Nafees last year. In my opinion, he should be getting the nod ahead of Ash since he's showed more consistency than Ash. I mean the guy did average in the mid 30's in 2010 in both ODI's and Tests which Ash has failed to do in his career.

Even though SN was very poor in ODI's last year, he had a decent year in Tests with an average of about a 30 and 3 fifties. As he showed last year against Pakistan, once he gets comfortable at the crease, he can make it count. He just has to be more consistent and if he can, he can be a good batsman for us as an opener.

I also agree that Mushy needs to up his game. I don't see him being under pressure as of now since he's our best overall keeper batsman but it's time he starts taking his batting to a next level. He's shown that he can really bat under tough circumstances in Tests but he hasn't converted enough 50's in to 100's. I want to see him doing that more often this year.

And also Razzak as he showed last year against Zimbabwe, should be far away from the Test side, his flat deliveries is effective in the shorter versions but he's not a good option for Tests. Also disagree with you about Sunny, he did pretty well last year in Tests against WI and Pakistan. That's the type of attacking spinner we need in Tests. We should definitely give Enamul Jr. another look since he's picking up wickets at every level. Since Sohag Gazi is our only true offie that's international standard, we should be looking to develop him further so we can use him for Tests.
that's why mushy shouldn't keep wicket, if he just bats he has to up his batting or he's dropped. agree with spinners, sunny is good and attacking, enamul has been picking up tons of wickets and sohag has been really impressive so far, great strike rates and averages and he's our leading offie.

Old October 13, 2012, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Only recipe is to feed them off curry. We have no chance against Chris Gayle, Samuels and Co with our bowling attack
Old October 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Our #2 and #3 options are wide open. I mean anyone ranging from Anamul to Mominul to Nafees to Nazimuddin could slot into those positions. For me its a lucky dip for who should open and bat at #3.

As for the bowling id love to see Shakib, Enamul, Sunny carving it up but i dont think we will be heading into a test match with 2 pacers. We have done it numerous times before but this time round i dont think that will happen.

As for Naeem i think he deserves a spot in the national team.

Take a lucky dip from these players
Nazimuddin
Mominul Haque
Shahriar Nafees
Anamul Haque
Junaid Siddique
Jahurul Islam
Mohammad Ashraful
Imrul Kayes
Old October 13, 2012, 08:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Our #2 and #3 options are wide open. I mean anyone ranging from Anamul to Mominul to Nafees to Nazimuddin could slot into those positions. For me its a lucky dip for who should open and bat at #3.

As for the bowling id love to see Shakib, Enamul, Sunny carving it up but i dont think we will be heading into a test match with 2 pacers. We have done it numerous times before but this time round i dont think that will happen.

As for Naeem i think he deserves a spot in the national team.

Take a lucky dip from these players
Nazimuddin
Mominul Haque
Shahriar Nafees
Anamul Haque
Junaid Siddique
Jahurul Islam
Mohammad Ashraful
Imrul Kayes
i think if we don't bring in both anamul and mominul we should at least bring in one, hopefully the selectors think the same. i think sohag needs to be in serious contention because if we ever do play 3 spinners, a little variation would be good as oppose to 3 SLAs.
Old October 13, 2012, 08:48 PM
Cricket Sage

I think for ODI we need to bring Imrul back as Tamim partner. Despite his slow SR, problem with short ball and edgy at the beginning of the innings, he was still a decent partner for Tamim. Granted most of the time Tamim was the one carrying their partnership for the most part. Anamul's List A record isn't all that great, less said about Nazimuddin & Big Z in ODI the better.
Old October 13, 2012, 08:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i think if we don't bring in both anamul and mominul we should at least bring in one, hopefully the selectors think the same. i think sohag needs to be in serious contention because if we ever do play 3 spinners, a little variation would be good as oppose to 3 SLAs.
Ya I hope they bring in 1 of them at least. The thing is, the selectors might want them playing a full season of the NCL since they are relatively young. I won't have a problem with that but I really hope that this year's NCL isn't "picnic cricket." I hope there are foreign pacers that can give them a good challenge. If the NCL can be at the level of BPL and DPL, then it would be good for Anamul and Mominul to continue playing in the NCL.
Old October 13, 2012, 09:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I think for ODI we need to bring Imrul back as Tamim partner. Despite his slow SR, problem with short ball and edgy at the beginning of the innings, he was still a decent partner for Tamim. Granted most of the time Tamim was the one carrying their partnership for the most part. Anamul's List A record isn't all that great, less said about Nazimuddin & Big Z in ODI the better.
Agreed. Despite Imrul's limitations as opener, he's still been Tamim's best partner to date in ODI's and Tamim has admitted that. Plus in the recent A team tour, Imrul did pretty well in the OD leg of the tour and was good in the A team tour against the England Lions. So I would still have him as opener for the ODI team. For T20I's, however Junaid should be the opener alongsides Tamim.
Old October 13, 2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Yes. for ODI, Imrul should open with TI. It will be unfair to Imrul if he doesn't get a chance in the ODI IMHO.
Old October 13, 2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
For the 1st test, I would bring Anamul and Mominul in #2 nad #3 positions respectively.

Fow bowling, RBX (provided he is ready to play) as pacer and Enamul Jr as spinner along with Sunny. I am not sure though who would be the other pacer?
Old October 13, 2012, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Agreed. Despite Imrul's limitations as opener, he's still been Tamim's best partner to date in ODI's and Tamim has admitted that.
When did he admit that?
Old October 13, 2012, 10:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
When did he admit that?
In articles from a while back. Can't dig them out right now. Tamim has backed Imrul quite a few times.
Old October 13, 2012, 10:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
For the 1st test, I would bring Anamul and Mominul in #2 nad #3 positions respectively.

Fow bowling, RBX (provided he is ready to play) as pacer and Enamul Jr as spinner along with Sunny. I am not sure though who would be the other pacer?
Selectors will probably end up selecting Shafiul or Shahadat.
Old October 13, 2012, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Tamim has backed Imrul quite a few times.
thats good news then
Old October 14, 2012, 03:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shiv Chanderpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
You guys should throw out fudadin or Powell and bring Dwayne bravo or Barath in tests. Powell is mediocre
No chance of that happening, unfortunately....

http://www.windiesfans.com/index.php...news&Itemid=50

West Indies Test squad: Darren Sammy (c), Denesh Ramdin (vc), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Kirk Edwards, Assad Fudadin, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Veerasammy Permaul, Kieran Powell, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels.
Old October 14, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

me to, i'd have anamul at #2 and mominul at #3. RBX would play if fit, 2nd pacer is a difficult one because mash has his injury record but probably shahadat or shafiul would be picked, trouble is abul didn't do that well for the national team and the next leading domestic pacers (al amin, abu jayed) haven't been tested in A team cricket. for a 3rd spinner imo it's clearly between enamul and sohag. enamul has been getting tons of wickets and has the experience internationally and in A team but wasn't a big success when he did play internationally, sohag has a great domestic record with a great strike rate (very much needed in tests) but he hasn't got the international or A team experience.
Old October 14, 2012, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

The big recipe is does our players believe they can win??????
Old October 14, 2012, 08:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivfan

West Indies Test squad: Darren Sammy (c), Denesh Ramdin (vc), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Kirk Edwards, Assad Fudadin, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Veerasammy Permaul, Kieran Powell, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels.
"Unfortunately"? are you serious? for a start Dwayne hardly set the world on fire when he was last playing tests and young Powell has just got a big ton against NZ in the last series and done well alongside Gayle, so it was obvious that he would retain his place,

Would have liked to have seen Delorn Johnson, Gabriel or Cotterrell get a chance but it looks like Sammy's position makes that impossible right now,

Imo the team will be

Gayle
Powell
Darren Bravo
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Deonarine
Ramdin (wk)
Sammy (c)
Narine
Roach
Rampaul

i think we'll do very well to be honest!! , in the bowling department Narine is on fire and Roach has just been sensational for us over the last year, infact i think he's one of the top wicket takers in 2012, and in the batting unit Bravo, Chanders and Samuels make a tasty little combination, Deonarine's off-spin will also come in handy considering he's taken 4fers vs Australia and NZ recently.

So may the best team win!!
Old October 14, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
"Unfortunately"? are you serious? for a start Dwayne hardly set the world on fire when he was last playing tests and young Powell has just got a big ton against NZ in the last series and done well alongside Gayle, so it was obvious that he would retain his place,

Would have liked to have seen Delorn Johnson, Gabriel or Cotterrell get a chance but it looks like Sammy's position makes that impossible right now,

Imo the team will be

Gayle
Powell
Darren Bravo
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Deonarine
Ramdin (wk)
Sammy (c)
Narine
Roach
Rampaul

i think we'll do very well to be honest!! , in the bowling department Narine is on fire and Roach has just been sensational for us over the last year, infact i think he's one of the top wicket takers in 2012, and in the batting unit Bravo, Chanders and Samuels make a tasty little combination, Deonarine's off-spin will also come in handy considering he's taken 4fers vs Australia and NZ recently.

i thought cotterrell had a chance to be selected, he had a good series against the BD A team.
Old October 14, 2012, 10:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivfan

Well there is no place for Powell in the main xi from those 15. Chris gayle, Kirk edwards should open. Bravo, Chanderpaul, Samuels and Deonarine makes a good batting lineup with Ramdin at 7. Sammy at 8 as all rounder and narine, Rampaul and Roach makes a decent bowling lineup. That's a pretty good test team actually, they can definitely beat sides like Sri lanka in tests.
Old October 15, 2012, 04:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan

Imo the team will be

Gayle
Powell
Darren Bravo
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Deonarine
Ramdin (wk)
Sammy (c)
Narine
Roach
Rampaul

We have already lost the series before it even began. We are big time screwed with Gayle at the top. Gayle will face our mediocre pace bowlers at the beginning of the innings and there will be no one to put him under pressure early on (yes even Rubel wont do that job because he is bad in tests). Closest person would be Nazmul if he even gets picked. He showed that he can get put good batsmen under pressure when he bowled well to the Paki batsmen in the Dhaka test.

Darren Bravo who is a bit out of form but is a class batsmen will dismantle our pace bowling. Chanderpaul is too good and will really play our bowlers with ease. I guess we are going to rely on Shakib, Enamul and Elias very heavily. Mahmudullah might even chime in.

Our batsmen might really struggle to play Narine. Spinning conditions are going to suit Narine and he is in good form. Roach will fire in and scare our batsmen. Im really worried about this tour. The only way to win any of the matches is to hope that Elias, Enamul and Shakib are in top form and really hope that they dismantle the West Indies batting lineup.
Old October 15, 2012, 04:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
We have already lost the series before it even began. We are big time screwed with Gayle at the top. Gayle will face our mediocre pace bowlers at the beginning of the innings and there will be no one to put him under pressure early on (yes even Rubel wont do that job because he is bad in tests). Closest person would be Nazmul if he even gets picked. He showed that he can get put good batsmen under pressure when he bowled well to the Paki batsmen in the Dhaka test.

Darren Bravo who is a bit out of form but is a class batsmen will dismantle our pace bowling. Chanderpaul is too good and will really play our bowlers with ease. I guess we are going to rely on Shakib, Enamul and Elias very heavily. Mahmudullah might even chime in.

Our batsmen might really struggle to play Narine. Spinning conditions are going to suit Narine and he is in good form. Roach will fire in and scare our batsmen. Im really worried about this tour. The only way to win any of the matches is to hope that Elias, Enamul and Shakib are in top form and really hope that they dismantle the West Indies batting lineup.
Yes, that's what I thought.
Old October 15, 2012, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:

'Not taking Bangladesh lightly' - Gayle

West Indies opener Chris Gayle has said that he wouldn't take anything for granted in his team's upcoming tour of Bangladesh. Even though West Indies have lost only an ODI and a Twenty20 each in Bangladesh, he described the hosts as "dangerous at home".

The left-hand batsman was named in the 15-man Test squad which will arrive in Dhaka on November 3 to play two Tests. West Indies will also play five one-day internationals and a Twenty20 international.

"It is going to be a very challenging [series]. We know how dangerous Bangladesh can be at home. It's not a team where you want to go there and take lightly," said Gayle. "You've got to be mindful of the conditions and try and add up as quickly as possible and settle as much and whenever you get a chance, just try and maintain it and take it from there."
More

So basically eto hishab nikash kore labh nai, amader shonar putrora ki khel dekhabe already jana ase.
Old October 15, 2012, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
More

So basically eto hishab nikash kore labh nai, amader shonar putrora ki khel dekhabe already jana ase.
Gayle Gangman style vs. Motin's Chele to noi jeno aguner gola....
Old October 16, 2012, 03:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shiv Chanderpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Well there is no place for Powell in the main xi from those 15. Chris gayle, Kirk edwards should open. Bravo, Chanderpaul, Samuels and Deonarine makes a good batting lineup with Ramdin at 7. Sammy at 8 as all rounder and narine, Rampaul and Roach makes a decent bowling lineup. That's a pretty good test team actually, they can definitely beat sides like Sri lanka in tests.
The thing is, WIndieFan and the WICB are big fans of Powell, even though he has a Test batting average of just 25....

So, his name will be one of the first pencilled in. IMHO, Powell needs to do a lot more than score one Test century to earn his place in the side. Adrian Barath scored a Test century, and he's declined to be out of the reckoning. Yes, Powell scored a Test against a weak Kiwi side, but I'm not convinced that he's the long-term solution to finding an opening partner who can actually stick with Gayle.

The problem with Dwayne Bravo is that he hardly ever plays any four-day cricket these days, so has done little to earn a recall to the Test side, even though he's a fixture in the limited overs version. But if he's making more money as a T20 player than he ever did as a Test player, I suppose the question is, why should he?
Old October 16, 2012, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Gayle is weak against Off Spin, it's proven. We should bowl Mahmudullah to Gayle as much as possible. There should be a definite plan against Gayle with Off spin. SL managed to do it when they played WI by bowling Dilshan and NZ tried to do it with Williamson.