facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2012, 11:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Team management has to keep shahadat in check otherwise he can skip matches and mock around in ad agencies to become SRK wannabe..lolll

Old June 24, 2012, 11:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

Relevance here, plz? He was a candidate for national coach. Will he be the coach of A team?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu

Stuart Barnes
Born:
Role: Assistant Coach

Stuart holds the important position of bowling coach but expanded his role in 2008 to focus on coaching the first XI. Recently qualified with the prestigious Level Four Coaching qualification Stuart is highly regarded around the country as one of the top elite coaches.

Perhaps unknown to some, Stuart played 11 first class matches for Gloucestershire in 1990/91 and a total of 18 2nd XI matches between 1989 and 1991. He has also represented Bath Cricket Club at 2 National Club finals at Lord’s in 2001 and 2003. The latter they lost by only 1 run and he was joined in the side by current Gloucestershire player Tom Stayt.

source: http://www.gloscricket.co.uk/cricket.../Stuart-Barnes
Old June 24, 2012, 11:50 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Yeah fuadomar, Stuart Barnes will be the coach of the A team as part of a short term arrangement.
Old June 24, 2012, 04:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

8 teams , so if they play each other once that will give 7 FC games ..... good oppurtunity
Old June 25, 2012, 03:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Yes thats nearly half a season of NCL if i am not mistaken at a much higher intensity against better quality opposition. The batsmen need to use this opportunity to learn the art of building an innings, occupying the crease and scoring big runs.
Old June 25, 2012, 07:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
8 teams , so if they play each other once that will give 7 FC games ..... good oppurtunity
Sagar is the team going to get 7 fc matches?Are u sure?I heard they will get 3-4 matches.
Old June 25, 2012, 01:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Fitness a concern for A team

The Bangladesh A team’s preliminary squad members could not provide a good account of their fitness level on Monday as they began their training camp ahead of their tour to India in July.
All but two of the 28 players reported to head coach Stuart Barnes at the Mirpur Indoor stadium to make preparations for the Shafi Dharshah Trophy but most of them failed to impress the management with their blip-test results.
Wicketkeeper Mithun Ali was even vomiting and most of the players looked fatty after enjoying a break for nearly a month.
‘I agree that some of the results were not up to the mark but that is understandable as most of them had a break for a month,’ said trainer Tushar Kanti Howlader.
‘Some of the senior players need to work hard as their fitness level does not match their reputation but we have enough time to raise their fitness level,’ said Tushar.
‘Barnes also emphasised on fitness as he believes it will be one of the most crucial aspect of their preparation. We will again have a fitness test tomorrow [Tuesday] and after analysing their fitness level the coach will plan the practice schedules,’ he said.
The four-day format Shafi Dharshah Trophy will also involve Sri Lanka A team apart from the top teams from India’s domestic first-class competition, the Ranji Trophy, including the champions Rajasthan.
Left-arm spinner Mosharraf Hossain and batsman Shuvagata Hom missed the first day’s training as they are currently in England and India respectably.
Meanwhile, left-arm spinner Sohrawardi Shuvo has been included in the A team practice and he is expected to join the camp today as Mosharraf Hossain is unlikely to return from England.
‘Rubel [Mosharraf] is in England so we selected Shuvo in his slot. The door, however, is open for him [Mosharraf] when he arrives,’ chief selector Akram Khan told New Age.

http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=...6-26&nid=15039
Old June 25, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Old June 25, 2012, 01:34 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

^^^ this is alarming
Old June 25, 2012, 01:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ Alarming and very disappointing.
Old June 25, 2012, 01:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: None Specifically

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444

The Bangladesh A team’s preliminary squad members could not provide a good account of their fitness level on Monday as they began their training camp ahead of their tour to India in July.
All but two of the 28 players reported to head coach Stuart Barnes at the Mirpur Indoor stadium to make preparations for the Shafi Dharshah Trophy but most of them failed to impress the management with their blip-test results.
Wicketkeeper Mithun Ali was even vomiting and most of the players looked fatty after enjoying a break for nearly a month.

Doesn't sound like a newspaper article vocabulary...
Old June 25, 2012, 01:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

They are already fat, even month before the Ramadan. What will happen to them during Ramadan.
Old June 25, 2012, 01:57 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Good to know that our vojon roshik players became fatty after a month long break. This tells a lot about their work ethics and professionalism.
Old June 25, 2012, 03:10 PM
Cricket Guru

I wasn't happy to read this at all. This is also our 2nd string team we're talking about. The players should be keeping fit even if there are no matches going on.
Old June 25, 2012, 05:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Our players are probably the most lazy bums out there.....nobody can inspire them to stay fit, but only themselves can do that.....The inspiration gotta come from inside, not outside!
Old June 25, 2012, 07:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:

fitness test er agey mone hoy pet bhore kheye ashchilo...
Old June 25, 2012, 08:02 PM
Banned

I have to do a Bleep test/pacer test every 6 months.....It isn't anything that's gonna make you vomit...UNLESS, u didn't know that you're gonna have this test, someone just came outta nowhere and held a gun in ur head saying give me 300 laps and or ur taking the test right after eating 3 plates of biriyani.......Also another thing is that, my best score is probably 66 or something...so i don't know what score is required for theses players.....probably close to 250, im guessing!
Old June 26, 2012, 02:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
They are already fat, even month before the Ramadan. What will happen to them during Ramadan.
Explosion
Old June 26, 2012, 05:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Ive done the Bleep/Beep/pacer test once every year since the last 4 years. Let me tell you, even the most unfit people do not vomit. Vomiting may have been triggered from eating heavy food right before doing the test or maybe the coaches pushed the players to a VERY EXTREME point (which i highly doubt). I did fairly ok in the beep test and honestly i dont mind doing it. It helps me understand where my stamina is.

For people who do not know what the Bleep test is, it is basically where you have to do a shuttlerun of 20 metres. There is a 'beep' and you have to reach the 20m mark before the beep. The beep gets faster and faster so you have to push yourself. This tests your stamina and agility. It is designed more long distance runners. It also shows how fit you are and how good your cardiovascular system is.

Ive studied what sportsmen need to get in the beep test to be deemed fit for the particular sport they play. I got 10.8 which is ok. International cricket players have to get 12 or above. It would be very interesting what Bangladeshi players get as it would be a determining factor of how fit they actually are.
Old June 26, 2012, 08:01 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:

‘I agree that some of the results were not up to the mark but that is understandable as most of them had a break for a month,’ said trainer Tushar Kanti Howlader.
‘Some of the senior players need to work hard as their fitness level does not match their reputation but we have enough time to raise their fitness level,’ said Tushar.
‘Barnes also emphasised on fitness as he believes it will be one of the most crucial aspect of their preparation. We will again have a fitness test tomorrow [Tuesday] and after analysing their fitness level the coach will plan the practice schedules,’ he said.
The four-day format Shafi Dharshah Trophy will also involve Sri Lanka A team apart from the top teams from India’s domestic first-class competition, the Ranji Trophy, including the champions Rajasthan.
Left-arm spinner Mosharraf Hossain and batsman Shuvagata Hom missed the first day’s training as they are currently in England and India respectably.
Meanwhile, left-arm spinner Sohrawardi Shuvo has been included in the A team practice and he is expected to join the camp today as Mosharraf Hossain is unlikely to return from England.
‘Rubel [Mosharraf] is in England so we selected Shuvo in his slot. The door, however, is open for him [Mosharraf] when he arrives,’ chief selector Akram Khan told New Age.

English PHAIL.

On the other hand, the Bangalore pitch is really good for batting. Need to settle in, and you are due for a large score, somewhere around the 350-450 mark.
Old June 26, 2012, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Ive done the Bleep/Beep/pacer test once every year since the last 4 years. Let me tell you, even the most unfit people do not vomit. Vomiting may have been triggered from eating heavy food right before doing the test or maybe the coaches pushed the players to a VERY EXTREME point (which i highly doubt). I did fairly ok in the beep test and honestly i dont mind doing it. It helps me understand where my stamina is.

For people who do not know what the Bleep test is, it is basically where you have to do a shuttlerun of 20 metres. There is a 'beep' and you have to reach the 20m mark before the beep. The beep gets faster and faster so you have to push yourself. This tests your stamina and agility. It is designed more long distance runners. It also shows how fit you are and how good your cardiovascular system is.

Ive studied what sportsmen need to get in the beep test to be deemed fit for the
particular sport they play. I got 10.8 which is ok. International cricket players have to get 12 or above. It would be very interesting what Bangladeshi players get as it would be
a determining factor of how fit they actually are.
thats what im saying~~~~~~!
Old June 26, 2012, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol

Ive studied what sportsmen need to get in the beep test to be deemed fit for the particular sport they play. I got 10.8 which is ok. International cricket players have to get 12 or above. It would be very interesting what Bangladeshi players get as it would be a determining factor of how fit they actually are.
Thanks for the info.It was really nice to know all the info about beep test.Can you enlighten us more about the bleep test?Specially how much running you need to do to score 12 in beep test?
Old June 26, 2012, 11:47 AM
Banned

dont know what score is required for theses players but for my school, its 95!
Old June 26, 2012, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

We have absolutely no future given the state of our A and U 19 teams. The national team is all we got and even those players are losers. Enjoy whatever little success we get from the senior team while you can, because it won't last long. Mushfiq, Tamim, Nasir and Shakib won't play forever. Disaster looms. Can't expect professionalism from sportsmen in a country where almost everyone treats a job as just a job - a means for living comfortably - and not a career or a passion.

Asif Ahmed needs to be fired as captain. The coach, whoever he is, needs to be fired. No, this isn't knee-jerk. If top quality futbol teams can do it, no reason why we can't. This tournament was a disaster and should be treated as such, let's not encourage excuses.
Old June 26, 2012, 12:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
We have absolutely no future given the state of our A and U 19 teams. The national team is all we got and even those players are losers. Enjoy whatever little success we get from the senior team while you can, because it won't last long. Mushfiq, Tamim, Nasir and Shakib won't play forever. Disaster looms. Can't expect professionalism from sportsmen in a country where almost everyone treats a job as just a job - a means for living comfortably - and not a career or a passion.

Asif Ahmed needs to be fired as captain. The coach, whoever he is, needs to be fired. No, this isn't knee-jerk. If top quality futbol teams can do it, no reason why we can't. This tournament was a disaster and should be treated as such, let's not encourage excuses.
Coach Ian was talking about how professional the Haryana team in India. The players are extremely motivated. And this is a FC team we're talking about. Forget our domestic teams, even our national team shows signs of being unprofessional. It sounds like a broken record but unless our domestic structure improves, we'll continue to see players underachieving and these stories will continue to come out. We'll get the odd Shakib and Tamim type players but we won't be churning out class players like we should.