facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 18, 2007, 10:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Few Murders and our morality

Newspapers are full of bad news, murders. Today it is reported that a student of Viqarunnisa Noon School was strangled in her own house. Click here to read. What she did that she had to give her life? Her mother was crying, we dont know how she is feeling after loosing her only daughter.

Yesterday there was a news that an advocate named Sayema was slaughtered in her own house.

I am just wondering that in this emergency situation in the country how these killers are daring to commit such crimes. How down we will go? Is it ancient age? Is it ice age? Or is it stone age? Are we civil enough? I think it's time for a self assesment. We should ask ourselves that are we civilized at all.

We live in a country where no one cares the law, everyone thinks that they are the boss, they are the supreme one. Personal vengence, selfishness, hypocrisy is grasping us. Is there any end of this darkness? I hope so because I believe light comes after darkness.
মানব সমাজ কবে তুমি সৃজন হবে?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ

Old July 18, 2007, 10:19 PM

Off topic মানব সমাজ কবে তুমি সৃজন হবে? Anusheh'r konthe DARUN gaan

Summer 2006'er most favourite album amar. Plus her voice is so mature in this song
Old July 18, 2007, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes. Nice one from her. I liked the whole album.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old July 18, 2007, 11:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Very sad to hear the news of Nawshin. Very sad. It might just be a random crime. A 16 year old girl...how can someone even think of doing any harm to an angel like that. Although they're not sure whether it's a murder case, I just hope that if it's one then the killer should be tortured to death.

Rest in peace, the unfortunate victims.
Old July 19, 2007, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Sad indeed. My house was 2 blocks from Vikarunessa school, all the more I feel sad.

Just lost for words.
Old July 19, 2007, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

what could a 16 year old girl have possibly done to anyone. and then again why would there be a random murder...... did ppl totally lost it in Bangladesh?
Old July 19, 2007, 06:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Off topic মানব সমাজ কবে তুমি সৃজন হবে? Anusheh'r konthe DARUN gaan

Summer 2006'er most favourite album amar. Plus her voice is so mature in this song
Off topic: that whole album's outstanding. I also dig "ke bojhe mowlar alekbaji?"
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 19, 2007, 08:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Off topic: that whole album's outstanding. I also dig "ke bojhe mowlar alekbaji?"
I sort of see some connection b/w Bangla and Pink Floyd...in terms of their philosophical and instrumental combination. Although, Bangla's miles away from Pink Floyd's instrumental capabilities.
Old July 19, 2007, 09:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Off topic: Why you guys are talking about off topic in this (kind of) serious thread?

On topic: Unfortunately life is not fair, even we pretend it is. It was true 1000 years ago, it is true now, and it will be 1000 years from now on.

Last edited by Fazal; July 19, 2007 at 12:59 PM..
Old July 19, 2007, 11:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Off topic: Why you guys are talking about off topic in this (kind of) serious thread?
My apologies. Mamoo zindabaad.
Old July 19, 2007, 11:17 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

These like these happen And yes it is unfortunate.
Old July 19, 2007, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
haha coming that out of Fazal?

THis is a dumb thread to begin with.... title itself answers everything or is contradictory.

Few murders - happens everywhere
our morality - eitehr 1) We are disgusted by it and do not condone it... result: we are a civilized society and not a savage
2) "our" morality shouldn't be questioned because the crime is done by a "few". So as a whole, we are a civilized society.

later
Old July 19, 2007, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
I am just wondering that in this emergency situation in the country how these killers are daring to commit such crimes. How down we will go? Is it ancient age? Is it ice age? Or is it stone age? Are we civil enough? I think it's time for a self assesment. We should ask ourselves that are we civilized at all.

We live in a country where no one cares the law, everyone thinks that they are the boss, they are the supreme one. Personal vengence, selfishness, hypocrisy is grasping us. Is there any end of this darkness? I hope so because I believe light comes after darkness.
Two presumed murders (one could still be ruled a suicide) occurring within a day of one another in a country with a population of 150,000,000 is not statistically significant in any sense. So with all due respect, trying to arrive at some broad generalizations from those two isolated events about the current emergency situation or the civil nature of our society is a futile effort.
Old July 19, 2007, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

This is very unfortunate. I especially feel bad for the schoolgirl. She had a bright future ahead.
Old July 19, 2007, 09:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Two presumed murders (one could still be ruled a suicide) occurring within a day of one another in a country with a population of 150,000,000 is not statistically significant in any sense. So with all due respect, trying to arrive at some broad generalizations from those two isolated events about the current emergency situation or the civil nature of our society is a futile effort.
If you think about the statistics then I would say if there is one murder per day in a country of 140 million people- it is not a big deal. But really isn't it a big deal?

I am not blaming my country, I am just focussing on our problem. Click here to read some related news. This time it's not a murder but some one is seriously injured cause some people robbed him.

The question is when a murder is occured once in every few days then our civility is questioned. You might say that few bad people are responsible for these acts but these few bad people are increasing day by day. And morality is not only related to the murders but also with other corrupted acts.

Old July 19, 2007, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

SMHasan, I am not trying to pick a fight. The point is that I remember similar incidents in the past too, during Mujib's, Zia's, Ershad's, Khaleda's and Hasina's administrations (you may recall that people were initially quite thrilled with RAB operations). However, in any densely populated society like ours, you expect a certain number of violent crimes. If you want to suggest that somehow our civility or morality as a culture is decreasing, then the onus is on you to show that there has been a statistically significant increase in the incidence of these violent crimes (e.g. from police records).

As human beings we are "hardwired" to often put excessive faith in coincidences. Two murders being reported within a day of one another might appear interesting (and is no doubt tragic for the families involved), but if say, the total number of murders in this year is not statistically significantly different from that last year, then it means little.

You mention corrupted acts. But have there really been more corrupted acts lately? We are certainly getting more reports of them where our politicians are concerned, but that is likely an artifact of the fact that the government is, for the first time, actually investigating them.

All I am trying to say is that without actual statistical data, one cannot make generalizations such as "these few bad people are increasing day by day."
Old July 22, 2007, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Dear Shaad,

As I haven't got much time I won't write much now. But my point is we are experiencing some noticiable murders too often. Today there is a news on Prothom-Alo that the DGM of Bangladesh Bank has been murdered. Is it politically motivated? I don't think so. Click here to read more.

Alongside these big murders there are people who are getting killed almost everyday. Lot of these incidents are not arriving in the daily newspapers. In this world you won't find too many countries where someone is getting killed everyday. Thus we have a issue to look at.

I am not talking about any time span here, these murders have been happening for years and I am not saying that this has increased recently. I am not saying that the whole population is bad or murderers but what hurts me is - as a nation we are taking quite a long time to be matured.

Here in this thread I am not trying to blame my country, coutrymen. What I am trying to say is we all, as a human being have the room to improve. We should look at other nations and learn from them. The harsh truth is that our morality has degraded and a part of our population is mentally disordered.