facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 22, 2006, 09:04 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default BD will lose tomorrow : NOT MY WORD

IT IS NOT MY WORD: My cousin's daughter who is shomoboyoshi to me, she said that Bangladesh will lose tomorrow.

She is just another regular cricket fan like me, but do not have computer literacy, or have access to computer/Internet.

Old March 22, 2006, 09:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

lol :P:P
Old March 22, 2006, 09:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Ohh really!

Tell her Barbe doll will feature in her own Bollywood movie as well!!!!
Old March 22, 2006, 09:09 AM
Test Cricketer

give me her number i will talk her to think different.
Old March 22, 2006, 09:14 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Highly unlikely. First off, tikolo has to play, which is not likely because he is not fit. 2nd, Bd has to play its worst game of 2006 so far, and kenay has to do something outstanding. theoritically possible, but practically: NO WAY.
Old March 22, 2006, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

atleast you didn't say it...... so are you confident about your team for the first time Fwullah? Naki onner kotha bole nijerta chaliye dile
Old March 22, 2006, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

My Mother in Law's 2nd cousin's son's girlfriend's sister said that BD will win tomorrow. She is illiterate and can barely calculate 2+2 = 4. Plus, she is autistic.

I thought it was extremely important to share her prophecy with fellow BanglaCricketeers.

Please direct all fanmails, loveletters, thank you notes, e-greetings and even hatemails to my e-mail address listed in my profile.
Old March 22, 2006, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

It's really interesting, Fahmida!
You did not see, your driver saw the Kenyans in Pizza Hut.
You did not say, but your cousin told that BD will lose.
But I think you "believe" this, that's why you opened this thread.
It was You, who told before the 1st ODI, that Kenya is a formidable team and it's not easy to win; and before 2nd ODI told that Kenyans are very good in coming back stronger after the lose.

Although anything might happen, yet being optimist (without being complacent) is always better, I believe.

No hard feeling, please.
Old March 22, 2006, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Alhamdullilla... I was beginning to worry....

apparently these pessimistic threads work as a talisman for the BD team....

We are all set for the 3rd ODI now.

Thanks fwullah
________
Buy Herbalaire

Last edited by ialbd; February 19, 2011 at 11:35 PM..
Old March 22, 2006, 09:30 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Another SS in the making :P
Old March 22, 2006, 09:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Is it just another case of optimism in the guise of pessimism?? I think it's a common expression amongst BD female cricket fans. They always seem to predict negative about their supported team when they actually cherish a win..........I've seen it so many times
Old March 22, 2006, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
these kinds of threads opened by fahmida madam does not surprise me anymore. god knows when SS and fahmida will start thinking differently. i dont think that is going to happen in the near future. even if bangladesh wins a series with australia they will complain that australia did not bring their best team and it was not their home ground.
Old March 22, 2006, 10:10 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I think its fw's own way to jinx kenayan team. since its working so well for us, I would like to see a thread like this before the final ODI as well.
Old March 22, 2006, 10:12 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
IT IS NOT MY WORD: My cousin's daughter who is shomoboyoshi to me, she said that Bangladesh will lose tomorrow.

She is just another regular cricket fan like me, but do not have computer literacy, or have access to computer/Internet.
Nice excuse to open the thread fwullah, please think ahead who will be the next reference for opening similar thread for 4th ODI
Old March 22, 2006, 10:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

One thing is for sure:

If our players are as over confident as most of the members of this board, then we will lose.

I hope they are smarter than us.

If Australia can lose to us why can't we lose to them?

Kenya got their back against the wall and they need 2 wins to qualify for the tournament. They are going to come out like mad dogs. Thats the number one recipe for upset. So, be very cautions before going overboard.

Fwullah has been following this team closely much longer than most of us. She has been crushed countless times being too complacent. Don't underestimate her warnings.
Old March 22, 2006, 10:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Guys SS is in his league on his own. He already started to talk about Awesome Aussies,,,, and finding it hard to enjoy the current thrashing. He don't even hide. FW, on the other hand, haven't talked about the aussies yet.

Good one Rubu bhai. keep on Jinxing FW.
Old March 22, 2006, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
I think its fw's own way to jinx kenayan team. since its working so well for us, I would like to see a thread like this before the final ODI as well.

so lets say cheers fahmida madam. we would like to hear the most pessimistic comment you can come up with your entire life and in the life of mankind. please keep on making these comments before every series. and please make comments like this against australia too. and while brainstorming for ideas consult with your cousins too.
Old March 22, 2006, 10:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Ok, we understand that the word is from your cousin's daughter (not your second cousin, which means cousin's cousin, which may be a reflective relation, like my own mum's son, which can be me too. And she is of your age, and a cricket fan just like you {not sure about being regular, are you a regular fan?}). Now, since you have computer literacy and have access to computer/internet, what is YOUR word?
Old March 22, 2006, 10:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu

Old March 22, 2006, 11:57 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

"Now, since you have computer literacy and have access to computer/internet, what is YOUR word?"

Why, I think you know MY word already even before I say it - 'Kenya is a far stronger team than us, they can come back anytime. Besides, haven't you read what our Kenyan friend said in the blogspot? He's hoping for 2 wins, and there are still 2 more games for us to go in this series'.
Old March 22, 2006, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Guys SS is in his league on his own. He already started to talk about Awesome Aussies,,,, and finding it hard to enjoy the current thrashing. He don't even hide. FW, on the other hand, haven't talked about the aussies yet.

Good one Rubu bhai. keep on Jinxing FW.
I am not talking about anything unnecessary. i just mentioned that our players need to prepare from right this moment to play with aussies next April.

Indeed it's difficult to enjoy fully without any worries and to acknowledge recent success against kenya, but i also enjoy the same way you guys do when BD wins. I am just cautious seeing so many posters thinking improbably, e.g. beating Aussies, or England or even India.

but this interesting topic is nothing to make fun about. If you
remember Oracle's word sometimes don't go in vain, in started from way long in history. When oracle use to predict
the outcome and used to warn the kings, and soldiers and even sometimes in modern era. As we are totally inclined to scientific and reasoning decisions, we rarely notice some oracles prophecy. Do you guys forgot about the oracle from india to told Alexander that they will meet next time in Babylon, and then Alexander indeed meet him in babylon. I tend to rely on scientific reasoning and not on superstition and not on irrational thoughts, but some times i believe on them, like when my grandmother warns me to be careful if I tell her a dream. I believe her vast experience and age helps her interpret dream patterns.
Old March 22, 2006, 12:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
jaihok,
these kinds of threads opened by fahmida madam does not surprise me anymore. god knows when SS and fahmida will start thinking differently. i dont think that is going to happen in the near future. even if bangladesh wins a series with australia they will complain that australia did not bring their best team and it was not their home ground.
i guiss when bd will win world cup 3 times in a row.:P
Old March 22, 2006, 12:12 PM
Test Cricketer

I do not believe that so many members art responding to this thread (including myself). FW could have done better. Here are some examples.

1) I had dream that someday Kenya will beat BD and it was in 3rd ODI.

2) The Pagla Fakir predicted that BD will loose.

3) My driver saw that Tikolo was obtaining a potion from the dargah to throw a hex on BD players.

4) My driver got a scoop that Mash and Ash had a fight and both are hospitalized

5) BD cricket ayatollahs have decreed that all left handers have to bowl and bat right handed and vice versa

Edited on, March 22, 2006, 5:15 PM GMT, by LateCut.
Old March 22, 2006, 12:18 PM
Street Cricketer

It is a disgrace to have people like fwullah to be a moderator. Shame on you BnaglaCricket Management.

In one hand you guys rip up Channel-I and Hamid mercilessly (rightfully so) and on the other hand you have fwullah as a moderator (and some chamcha like Rubu et. al..)

The management of this "Highest Quality" fan site must wake up and get rid of a "certain quarter" of incompetent nincompoops.

Edited on, March 22, 2006, 5:18 PM GMT, by alias.
Old March 22, 2006, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
'Kenya is a far stronger team than us
How can you say that? Any team can beat any team on a given day but that is not the point.

How is Kenya far stonger than us?

Pace bowling? - We are far better.
Spin? - No contest.
Wicket Keeping - No contest.
Fielding - No contest. Much younger/quicker fielders.
Batting - Even if they are slightly better, we are completely outplaying them.
Recent perfomances- no contest.
in form - no contest
fitness - no contest
infrastructure/coach etc. - no contest
captain - Tikolo is better.
What else?

How are they "far stronger"