facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 18, 2010, 04:37 AM
Cricket Guru

I was hoping SN would at least score 30..I guess not! As soon as he came in .. it looked as if he was there to play T20...not test :S

Old January 18, 2010, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

not good idea by selectors to pick SN in test match. I cant remember when he last played a longer version game. his inclusion is only on the basis of his 50 over matchs performence which is very much inappropriate way to bring him. And if they wanted to play him in test anyway then why they didnt give SN a chance in final ODI for practice purpose.
Old January 18, 2010, 04:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
I was hoping SN would at least score 30..I guess not! As soon as he came in .. it looked as if he was there to play T20...not test :S
sn really disappointed me on 1st innings..he has to play really well on 2nd innings......otherwise lots of batsmans are there to take his spot..naaem/mehrab/aftab/kapali/rony talukder....
Old January 18, 2010, 04:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Yes, you might have missed it. I also read somewhere [long ago] that they asking for apology for their mistake.
As far as I remember, SN told that he has done some mistakes in the past and he wants to play for BD now. I am searching for references and as soon as I find them i will post here inshallah.

Admitting mistakes doesn't mean asking for apology.
Old January 18, 2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
As far as I remember, SN told that he has done some mistakes in the past and he wants to play for BD now. I am searching for references and as soon as I find them i will post here inshallah.

Admitting mistakes doesn't mean asking for apology.
Well, help yourself. And you can take any kind of words that makes you feel better. I am out of these word game.
Old January 18, 2010, 10:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Did you see the way he played the first ball he faced today? Sure he got a boundary for it but it could have gone anywhere and no one can say for sure that’s where he intended to hit it.

He got out to a good ball in the end, but his antics leading up to it made him look silly.

For those that didn’t watch it after hooking his first ball there followed a 3 or 4 min delay while he signalled to the dressing room for a sweat band (why hadn’t he brought it out with him or wait until the end of the over?). After that short delay he prepared himself to face the next delivery from Ishant Sharma. He was caught behind off that very next ball.

Hopefully he’ll have another innings to try and redeem himself, but to me Nafees looks worrying like the old guard; the unthinking gung-ho cricketers with no patience (aftab, kapali etc). These guys are exciting and may even hit the odd good knock, but they won’t win matches for Desh....
Old January 18, 2010, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

very embarssing by nafees
Old January 18, 2010, 11:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Minnow basher, except once in a lifetime fluke.
I dare him to perform next innings....or the next match...
Atleast 1 century or 2 half centuries...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 18, 2010, 01:10 PM
Club Cricketer

Siddons is damn right to avoid iclers, they r just iresponsible n never care for their position. See how sn get out in 2 ball ? We dnt need u iclers.
Old January 18, 2010, 01:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i think ICL was blessing in a disguise for us, other wise player like naeem, mahmudullah , rokibul would never cement their place in national team.

only ICL--i think we can monitor--aftab and kapali in 20/20
Old January 18, 2010, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
"I'm always ready to play for the national side, but not this time," Nafees told reporters before his departure at Zia International Airport.
http://www.snnbd.com/mnews-n.php?id=9433&cid=0.02

Quote:
Wicketkeeper Dhiman Ghosh, however, was in a different mood.

"I have given back to Bangladesh as much as it has helped me build up my career," said the 20-year-old wicketkeeper, who has played only 14 one-day internationals for Bangladesh.
http://nation.ittefaq.com/issues/200...5/news0931.htm

Please check these comments.
Old January 18, 2010, 02:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Yeah, A big big welcome back!
Old January 18, 2010, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
Did you see the way he played the first ball he faced today? Sure he got a boundary for it but it could have gone anywhere and no one can say for sure that’s where he intended to hit it.

He got out to a good ball in the end, but his antics leading up to it made him look silly.

For those that didn’t watch it after hooking his first ball there followed a 3 or 4 min delay while he signalled to the dressing room for a sweat band (why hadn’t he brought it out with him or wait until the end of the over?). After that short delay he prepared himself to face the next delivery from Ishant Sharma. He was caught behind off that very next ball.

Hopefully he’ll have another innings to try and redeem himself, but to me Nafees looks worrying like the old guard; the unthinking gung-ho cricketers with no patience (aftab, kapali etc). These guys are exciting and may even hit the odd good knock, but they won’t win matches for Desh....
Astute observation...I am worried about his inclusion now...will he justify his inclusion.
Old January 19, 2010, 04:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Yes, you might have missed it. I also read somewhere [long ago] that they asking for apology for their mistake.
Yes killers of Bangbondu also ask for mercy. Once a traitor always a traitor. No Dhiman and SN in the team please. They can ask for forgiveness but we keep the right to accept the apology. For loud mouth SN (for him best thing in life was playing for ICL), Dhiman (I have done enough) no apology is enough for me
Old January 19, 2010, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
Yes killers of Bangbondu also ask for mercy. Once a traitor always a traitor. No Dhiman and SN in the team please. They can ask for forgiveness but we keep the right to accept the apology. For loud mouth SN (for him best thing in life was playing for ICL), Dhiman (I have done enough) no apology is enough for me