facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2012, 01:31 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Let me put this to bed once and for all..NAZMUL IS THE BEST SEAM BOWLER BD HAS.

It is utter madness to continually mistreat this guy the way he has had to put with, in his career. I said before that I would never blame him if he retired and stuck two fingers up. But he is not like that and is a 100% professional.

As for how BD performed, there were no surprises without SAL available. The SA 3rd team have some issues and ZIM are improving faster than BD at this time.

I have no idea who is making these team selections. I just hope RP can take over and start to bring some sanity to proceedings

Old June 24, 2012, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont

It is utter madness to continually mistreat this guy the way he has had to put with, in his career. I said before that I would never blame him if he retired and stuck two fingers up. But he is not like that and is a 100% professional.

As for how BD performed, there were no surprises without SAL available. The SA 3rd team have some issues and ZIM are improving faster than BD at this time.

I have no idea who is making these team selections. I just hope RP can take over and start to bring some sanity to proceedings
Not quite sure if RP already identified Nazmul as very talented of the lot but Shane Jurgensen should definitely tell RP to look closely at Nazmul and understand the abilities of this boy. At this rate, we all know how likes of Stuart Macgill (mostly because another ATG was there so can't blame Aussie selects), Dirk Nannes, Andre Nel, Aaqib Javed ( well WW were there)- all these guys were overlooked despite being possessed with great natural abilities. We don't want the same things happening with Nazmul because he might get frustrated which he won't I'm sure as you mentioned he's a professional. I remember when Nazmul first debuted against South Africa and he nearly well almost bowled Kallis with a beautiful inswinger that nipped back and missed whisker passed off stumps. From that day on, I've been fan of Nazmul and not quite sure why he's been overlooked all the time.
Old June 24, 2012, 03:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Our national coaches needs to replace this faltu selectors....dont know whos selecting the teams but im blaming the selectors for now! Have everyone forgot what nazmul has done in the ASIA CUP?.....Pybus needs to look at some highlights of the asia cup!
Old June 24, 2012, 03:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

coach you also didn't give him chance that much to play for Dhaka gladiator! Sorry to say.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 24, 2012, 03:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

chill everyone! We won two matches. There was chance to test some new players. On that case We got some players like zia or hard hitting from mahmudullah. Ash was Wonderful. In the 2nd warm up match najmul leaked 45 or more runs. May be it was the main reason. And players like mash is usually very high voltage player so noone will try to keep him out of the team. Shakib did once and he paid a lot for this. It's t20 and not official so testing new players was a very big issue. Also Law recommended Raju.

Old June 24, 2012, 04:46 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun petr
coach you also didn't give him chance that much to play for Dhaka gladiator! Sorry to say.

Bhai, two things you need to know:

1. We were the only franchise to bid for him and he was my first choice local signing

2. We had only 6 locals/5 foreigners in each match: the fast bowlers were Mash, Pollard, Azhar and Rana Naved. Unlikely to have a FIFTH fast bowler in DHAKA! The spinners were MH Rubel and Elias Sunny, Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal for the last two matches.

He played twice, and everyone in my squad appeared for DG.

The Dhaka Gladiators is NOT the national team. It is a local franchise made up of internationals. There are just 6 local spots available.

However, in the national team Nazmul would be in all my forms of the set up: Test, ODI and T20.
Old June 24, 2012, 07:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

No, every department bowling and fielding & batting. Specially fielding was horrible. I really appreciate ashraful's role. I don't know whats wrong with Anamul and Elias sunny and Abul hasan.....I dont wanna see them in team.
Old June 24, 2012, 11:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendulkar_Mcgrath
No, every department bowling and fielding & batting. Specially fielding was horrible. I really appreciate ashraful's role. I don't know whats wrong with Anamul and Elias sunny and Abul hasan.....I dont wanna see them in team.
oh ho ho! Breath brother! Sunny was the best performer. I think you didn't follow the matches. In case of abul and anam. To be honest i also hated them

Old June 25, 2012, 04:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Bhai, two things you need to know:

1. We were the only franchise to bid for him and he was my first choice local signing

2. We had only 6 locals/5 foreigners in each match: the fast bowlers were Mash, Pollard, Azhar and Rana Naved. Unlikely to have a FIFTH fast bowler in DHAKA! The spinners were MH Rubel and Elias Sunny, Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal for the last two matches.

He played twice, and everyone in my squad appeared for DG.

The Dhaka Gladiators is NOT the national team. It is a local franchise made up of internationals. There are just 6 local spots available.

However, in the national team Nazmul would be in all my forms of the set up: Test, ODI and T20.
Well said Coach. I also questioned why Nazmul wasnt picked for Dhaka Gladiators but since there are international stars in the lineup you cant fit the whole Bangladeshi team into the lineup.

Frankly i didnt care about the outcome of this series. Bangladesh didnt do horrible and it could be seen that Bangladesh arent as comfortable with T20s as they are with ODIs. I was happy that Shakib want in this tour because it allowed the spotlight to go onto Mahmudullah. Mahmudullah did well enough to say that he deserves his shot with the national team.

Ashraful is certainly suited for T20s. He saved our butts in the last game and we should all be thankful to him and ease the hating on him. He should be in the Bangladesh team for the T20 format ONLY. I think when Shakib is in the team the team morale is boosted and everyone plays more like a unit. To me the team in this series didnt play like unit. It was all over the shop.

I guess its a new coach and that means its back to the drawing board. Top order seems to be a worry (as usual). Many things to work on and thats what i wanted to see from this tour. It can be seen that the middle order batsmen (Mushfiqur, Nasir, Mahmudullah) are the strength of the team and the top order batsmen (Junaid and Anamul) arent upto the T20 standard. I need to watch Jahurul play more T20 games to make a judgement on him. Nazmul Hossain shouldve defintely had a go in this series. Im dissapointed that he wasnt given a go.

So lastly ive come to decide that this should be the team for the T20 World Cup
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Mohammad Ashraful
3. Mushfiqur Rahim
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Mahmudullah
7. Ziaur Rahman (someone else perhaps but not sure who should replace him. Any suggestions?)
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Elias Sunny
11. Nazmul Hossain (cant include Rubel because he is injured)

We know how the top order is fragile. Mushfiq is proven to score runs so why not send him up the order to fix the top order problem? I would consider this team for T20s only and i think this is the team most effective for this format. I have no faith in players such as Junaid to score runs for us. Mushfiq has been in the solid performer and will be a boost for the team if he is sent up the order.
Old June 25, 2012, 06:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun petr
oh ho ho! Breath brother! Sunny was the best performer. I think you didn't follow the matches. In case of abul and anam. To be honest i also hated them

yeah I followed every match, Sunny has the style without variation. I think those countries who play spin very well will find him more easy. Anyways that's my opinion. And if Shakib is in its not good idea to go with sunny ,leaving razzak.

whatever , its my opinion
Old June 25, 2012, 07:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Some things I learnt from this tournament:
- Zimbabwe are not to be underestimated. They have some serious match winners in this format with bat and ball.
- South Africa's depth are not as good as previously thought. They still rely a lot on ABD, Kallis, Steyn and Morkel.
- Bangladesh need to play their own game. They don't have the power hitters to get sixes like other teams but can still score at 10 an over playing smart and skillful.
- Mahmudullah and Nasir will win plenty of games with the bat chasing.
- Bangladesh don't necessarily need Shakib to beat test sides.
- Graham Cremer is a gun.
- If you don't get Levi early you'll pay a big price.
- You don't need to get Ash out, he'll do that himself.*

*(actually I already knew that)
Old June 25, 2012, 07:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendulkar_Mcgrath
yeah I followed every match, Sunny has the style without variation. I think those countries who play spin very well will find him more easy. Anyways that's my opinion. And if Shakib is in its not good idea to go with sunny ,leaving razzak.

whatever , its my opinion
sunny has greater accuracy & flight than razzak
Old June 25, 2012, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAus
- You don't need to get Ash out, he'll do that himself.*

*(actually I already knew that)
I literally LOL-ed at this.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]