facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 8, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Cool Your thoughts about Young politicians/leaders of BD.

First of all I don't know much about politics, but one thing I know that most of us are tired of our Khalammas
So I hope in this thread we could talk about the new generation of politicians , what we can expect from them,how capable they are etc etc.
In this forum there are many members(specially senior citizen jara ) who know a lot, hopefully they will contribute.

Last night I got a vid link of a speech by Barrister ANDALEEVE RAHMAN :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loDhRf-WLTo

he is certainly talented, needless to say how well educated he is.
a talk show about his life,family,education,something less political,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbju3...eature=related

Then another person comes to my mind is Mahi B.Chow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRQc...eature=related

Tritiyo matra with both Mahi & Andaleeve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6IOm...eature=related

How about SH.Hasina's son?
So please share your thoughts,your opinion,tell us about some other young blood.

Old February 8, 2012, 11:28 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Sakib, Hashim Amla

To tell you the truth, bangladesh youth should be banned from politics. Young age is for building oneself. They should finish their study and only then they should join political parties. They can have club of political party in colleges or universities but none of them should be controlled by any political party but the educational institutions. In my opinion Bangladesh Gov. should make a rule that when a male or female comes to age of 25, only then they can join political party, because then they will complete their study, they will be mature, they will have career and most of all they will be knowledgeable, by being in an educational institution or not. That's my opinion.
Old February 8, 2012, 11:56 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

We need talented youngsters (but not before graduating from university). But, in addition to capability, we need politicians whose first priority is Bangladesh. Dalals and spies should be kicked out. Oh, well. Who am I kidding?
Old February 8, 2012, 11:56 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I am awaiting our own Mahatir...
Old February 8, 2012, 12:22 PM
Cricket Savant

but what are your thoughts abt the 2 I have mentioned
Old February 8, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

^ Simon Bhai, you forgot sir Tarek Rahman . He is still young
Old February 8, 2012, 01:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
^ Simon Bhai, you forgot sir Tarek Rahman . He is still young
unar amma jotodin na retire korben totodin Tarek miah bhaike out of the list e rakhi,karon unar amma obshor e geleto ek minute o lagbena.
Old February 8, 2012, 01:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

BD young politicians need more of good intentions/patriotism/integrity than knowledge because they already have knowledge.
Old February 8, 2012, 03:37 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock
To tell you the truth, bangladesh youth should be banned from politics. Young age is for building oneself. They should finish their study and only then they should join political parties. They can have club of political party in colleges or universities but none of them should be controlled by any political party but the educational institutions. In my opinion Bangladesh Gov. should make a rule that when a male or female comes to age of 25, only then they can join political party, because then they will complete their study, they will be mature, they will have career and most of all they will be knowledgeable, by being in an educational institution or not. That's my opinion.
There is already a rule that you can't become an MP before you're 25. At home, we have a BD Parliament Directory which, among other things, indicates the education status of our MPs. Unsurprisingly, most of them are just SSC or HSC pash with quite a few who have not even gone that far. However, there was a discussion recently about whether all future MPs and Ministers have to have certain academic qualifications i.e. a Bachelor's degree/ a Master's degree. (I'm not sure if an agreement has been reached on this issue yet)

Regarding Andaleev Rahman: I want to wait and see what he does when he has more political power. It's easy enough to say sweet nothings in Parliament. In the end, he is a member of a political family and merely took over his father's constituency. If he ever becomes a Cabinet Minister - then we'll know his true face.

On a related note, sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have a House of Lords/Raj Sabha type of system in Bangladesh where all the members of these political families could be placed with little/no actual power but with grand titles. It'll give them the feeling of self-worth and (ephemeral) power that they so desperately crave while representatives of the ordinary people could be elected to the Commons/Lok Sabha-equivalent and wield actual power.

P.S. Andaleev's hardly an intellectual heavy-weight. (It's sad to see that even after 40 years have elapsed, Dr. Kamal Hossain is still the most internationally celebrated Bangladeshi lawyer/jurist/legal academic)
Old February 8, 2012, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

dont know abt Andaleeve, I know for a fact that his dad was one of the most corrupt person in bangladesh..
Also not sure if it is AL propaganda or if it is true, but he infact had a very dubious personality as a student .

Mahi B Chowdhury - He is not young anymore but smart like his father and not yet raised doubts of being involved in corruption even when he was in power as a BNP MP and his father was the president... So he is a positive for sure...
Old February 8, 2012, 04:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

What about Sohel Taj? He is comparatively young and was upo-montri of some department. I think he failed to do petty politics and resigned his post in protest. I don't know about him much. Any one care to explain?
Old February 8, 2012, 05:24 PM
Cricket Savant

the three posts above are the type of posts I was expecting,
so Andaleeve isn't getting enough marks so far, Mahi B got approved by HereWeGo bro
And Mufi ,ya thanks for reminding me of Taj, he is another one to watch out.
Old February 8, 2012, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

simon,

A critical issue here is that the MPs of our two major parties can't vote according to their conscience if it goes against against the handed-down dictates of their party. In other words, they don't really represent their constituency, and are essentially sock puppets used by the PM or the Leader of the Opposition. Unless this policy changes, or, as Navo pointed out, one of these lads becomes a Cabinet minister with his own portfolio, we won't really be able to make any worthwhile conclusions about them.

After all, anyone can be trained to utter nice sound bites. But empty rhetoric is just that... empty.
Old February 9, 2012, 01:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Re: Andaleeb - You cant expect different fruit from the same tree.
Old February 9, 2012, 02:11 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

People that think Andaleeb is a good young politician

Fools duped by his suit and degrees. That speech is circulated everywhere, like he is some great new hope, when in fact he is a snake, like his old man. It's a shame Mahi B got sidelined, mind you even if his old man had continued on within the BNP, Mahi would have lost the battle to Prince Tareq.

As for Joy - GTFO. Let Hasina be the last. I've spoken to Taposh bhai quite a bit in the last 5-6 years, thought he would be someone that wouldn't get rolled over by the stench of our politics. But I was wrong, even his demeanor has changed quite a bit in the last 12 months.

It really is just about impossible to hold on to your ideals and principles in our political climate.
Old February 9, 2012, 02:17 AM
Cricket Savant

can care less....

it simply makes no sense tin hajar mile dure boshe ajaira desher durniti-kutniti ittadi ittadi niye gobeshona korar...

and fully agree with f6 that Andaleeb is no where near a messiah that some ppl tries to portray.
Old February 9, 2012, 03:08 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
People that think Andaleeb is a good young politician

Fools duped by his suit and degrees. That speech is circulated everywhere, like he is some great new hope, when in fact he is a snake, like his old man. It's a shame Mahi B got sidelined, mind you even if his old man had continued on within the BNP, Mahi would have lost the battle to Prince Tareq.

As for Joy - GTFO. Let Hasina be the last. I've spoken to Taposh bhai quite a bit in the last 5-6 years, thought he would be someone that wouldn't get rolled over by the stench of our politics. But I was wrong, even his demeanor has changed quite a bit in the last 12 months.

It really is just about impossible to hold on to your ideals and principles in our political climate.
What do you mean by a change in his demeanour? When I went to Dhaka last December, Barrister Taposh's face was pasted on billboards and posters everywhere! Did he just get big-headed? Or are there allegations of corruption and abuse of power against him too?
Old February 9, 2012, 03:12 AM
BC Editorial Team

Another thing, when I finish my studies and return to Dhaka, I'd love to start something like this:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

A great website through which you can follow your MP, see how they vote in Parliament, contact them etc. Of course, as Shaad said, the data would be a bit skewed as everyone has to vote according to party lines. (Which is a ridiculous system that has no place in a country which purports to have a democracy.)
Old February 9, 2012, 03:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Lol about Andaleeb being a good young politician. We should be seriously scared if he is any indication of future politicians.

Mahi B has a good reputation. Never indulged in mud slinging. Educated and so far clean record. But no future whatsoever. He has no party, no team.

Taj also has a very good reputation. Educated and probably the most credible young politician. Unfortunately, he decided not to fight it out and quit. I do not think he has any future either.
Old February 9, 2012, 03:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I had high hopes on Saber Hossain Chowdhury. But for some strange reason, he did not get the support that required from his party specially after Caretaker Govt. He is a true gentleman.
Old February 9, 2012, 03:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

I do not know if you guys know anything about Pakistani politics. Some serious political waves taking over Pakistan. I would not give a damn about Pakistan politics even one and half year ago. Now I regularly follow headline making news.

All of the Pakistani I know here never talked about politics until last 2 years or so. Now they are all charged up and patriotic all of a sudden. Some of them are paying members of Imran's party. If Imran does succeed, it will send a wave of change through out the subcontinent. I hope he does.

We have a much much more favorable environment for real democracy compared to Pakistan.
Old February 9, 2012, 04:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
What do you mean by a change in his demeanour? When I went to Dhaka last December, Barrister Taposh's face was pasted on billboards and posters everywhere! Did he just get big-headed? Or are there allegations of corruption and abuse of power against him too?
No not big headed, and definitely not corrupt, specially not in the let me fill my pockets manner of corruption. Just meant he was always full of optimism, but has quickly become very cynical. An a relative outsider he didn't fully grasp how rotten things really were - and now that he is in the inner sanctum, some of the positivity has disappeared.
Old February 9, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cricket Savant

thanks for your feed back.
But reading most of the post making me more and more concerned & hopeless
Old February 9, 2012, 01:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Politics don't attract me
Old February 9, 2012, 02:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Politics don't attract me
same here but it frustrates me, so I desire for some fresh air to breath.