facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old July 3, 2007, 04:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly
Default Islambad under siege

I'm surprised no one has made a thread on this yet, the whole lal masjid incident that has made the capital a complete lockdown central. 3 troopers are killed so far in a fight with the jihadis... 9 dead so far now..

I believe this incident happened, when the madrassa students kidnapped several chinese girls accusing them of doing things "unislamic" ......any comments?
Old July 3, 2007, 04:33 PM
Administrator

I guess no one made a thread of this yet because this here is Bangladesh and that there is Pakistan. Long way off.
Old July 3, 2007, 04:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Crazy Pakistanis are nothing new. They killed millions of us back in 1971.
Old July 3, 2007, 08:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

hmm. Not sure how the two are related?

Pakistani society is going through a crucial period. We are having our struggle with the likes of JMB and India has its share of trouble with the likes of BJP/RSS.

In any case, there are "crazy humans" every where...from the Third Reich and its SS and Gestapo to more recently...Russians in Chechniya, Americans in Vietnam and Japan, the Japanese in China and Korea, Saddam against the Shias of the Marshlands and Kurds of Halabcha, Hutus and Tutsis in Rwanda...the list goes on! Going by recent evidence the trend is likely to continue for a while.

Lets not promote irrational hatred of any race, nationality or religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Crazy Pakistanis are nothing new. They killed millions of us back in 1971.
Old July 3, 2007, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobair
hmm. Not sure how the two are related?
You know exactly what I am talking about.
Old July 3, 2007, 11:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobair
Lets not promote irrational hatred of any race, nationality or religion.
Unfortunately, that's what many will just do here. And after 1971, it has become rational for some to point fingers at pakistanis and talk crap. Then after the Farakka, it became rational to point fingers at indians and talk crap.

Sorry to say bro, but most here are radically rational when they talk crap about other nationalities, without much of a basis.
Old July 3, 2007, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Who cares?
Old July 3, 2007, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
Who cares?
Echoes my sentiments exactly.
Old July 3, 2007, 05:28 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganguly da
I'm surprised no one has made a thread on this yet, the whole lal masjid incident that has made the capital a complete lockdown central. 3 troopers are killed so far in a fight with the jihadis... 9 dead so far now..

I believe this incident happened, when the madrassa students kidnapped several chinese girls accusing them of doing things "unislamic" ......any comments?
Go ask that in Pakpassion.net
Old July 3, 2007, 08:10 PM

Its a bigger news day at the BBC World Studio.

8 suspects arrested in Connection with Glasgow and London are all doctors or health professionals from Liverpool and Glasgow. One doctor arrested in Brisbane has been released without charge.

BBC's Gaza correspondent Alan Johnston has been released after almost four month helds as a hostage in captivity. This is very relieving to hear. International Pressure was huge for his release, and an online petition garnered 200,000+ "signatures"

10th Anniversary of the Asian Financial Crisis too.

Islamabad hasnt even come up yet, in 15 minutes of news. World doesnt care about messed up pakis.
Old July 3, 2007, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes, I agree it is a frightening development. Terrorism is a problem for everyone. But sad to say, the majority of people are apathetic because of other pressing matters or simply do not read/trust the news.

By the way, I have been in Delhi for the past 5 weeks. Let me also narrate some developments that happened in where I live:

- Disturbances in Punjab between 2 rival sikh communities=fear of riots.
- Fullscale bandh of all roads leading to Delhi because of movement by Gujjar caste demanding SC status. Could not go to Gurgaon because driver feared he would be beaten up.
- Nearly every week some Lashkar; HUJI militants are arrested in Delhi- ammunition hideouts,weapons etc.

Having said all that, I am relieved to say that Indians in general are definetely not as Xenophobic as Americans and don't make a big deal of it. On the other hand, Indian media exhagarates it but but they are out of touch with the populace.

What irritates me is the minority of so called "nationalists" who will invariably point out a hand at Pakistan (understandable) and Bangladesh (more of a stretch of imagination). This mentality/propaganda is tired and most people see through it.
Old July 3, 2007, 09:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganguly da

Same thing is happening in Iraq more frequently yet no one makes any comment. Besides no one cares about Pakistan, it's crazy blend of fanaticism, military dictatorship and pro-American attitude.
Old July 3, 2007, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't know what you two are on about with all the talk about "hatred" and "crap", but what's happening in Pakistan is nothing but crazy. And what Pakistanis did in Bangladesh in 1971 was nothing but crazy. There's an element of recurring yet typical craziness when it comes to our beloved brothers by the shores of Indus.
Old July 4, 2007, 10:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
I don't know what you two are on about with all the talk about "hatred" and "crap", but what's happening in Pakistan is nothing but crazy. And what Pakistanis did in Bangladesh in 1971 was nothing but crazy. There's an element of recurring yet typical craziness when it comes to our beloved brothers by the shores of Indus.
at the risk of being a devil's advocate, if genocide is crazy, then i guess the whole world's people are crazy...

the arabs are crazy for genociding kurds and the fur, the israelis are crazy for genociding palestininans, the turks for the armenians, the soviets on the chechens, teh indonesians for teh east timorese, etc.

actually, i agree with you there, arnab...humanity is crazy.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 4, 2007, 12:09 AM
Cricket Guru

And I don't know how you always manage to pull the strings from 1971, no matter how unrelated the two stories/events are.

Well, may be things are tagged in your system. So whenever you plug in "crazy" and "pakistan", both 1971 and today's event comes up. May be, just may be, the neural network is acting quite rationally.
Old July 4, 2007, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
And I don't know how you always manage to pull the strings from 1971, no matter how unrelated the two stories/events are.
"Always"? "Unrelated"? "Stories"? Explain.

Quote:
Well, may be things are tagged in your system. So whenever you plug in "crazy" and "pakistan", both 1971 and today's event comes up. May be, just may be, the neural network is acting quite rationally.
Absolutely. I am from Bangladesh, aren't I? Now, if I were from Papua New Guinea, or Vanuatu, or Equador, or El Salvador, or Ulan Bator, or Kamchatka peninsula, my neural network would naturally not bring up 1971 when Pakistani craziness is mentioned somewhere.

Which begs the question: Are you sure you are from Bangladesh? Do you feel uncomfortable when 1971 is brought up?
Old July 4, 2007, 12:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
"Always"? "Unrelated"? "Stories"? Explain.
It's been noticed. I don't need to give any concrete evidence.

Quote:
Absolutely. I am from Bangladesh, aren't I? Now, if I were from Papua New Guinea, or Vanuatu, or Equador, or El Salvador, or Ulan Bator, or Kamchatka peninsula, my neural network would naturally not bring up 1971 when Pakistani craziness is mentioned somewhere.
Yea, I can see how you're relating Bangladesh and Pakistan in every aspect of your thought about Pakistan. That's what I said before...this is radically rational.

Quote:
Which begs the question: Are you sure you are from Bangladesh? Do you feel uncomfortable when 1971 is brought up?
Excuse me?

First, you're providing your own definition of what should happen if you're a Bangladeshi and something related to Pakistan comes up. And now, you're imposing that definition on me to question my identity as a Bangladeshi? That is crossing the limit to some extent.

I don't feel that I need to answer this question of yours, but something tells me that you feel uncomfortable when the word Pakistan is brought up. May be you've experienced the war first hand (which I doubt you did), and I haven't. Or may be you've read more Kazi Nazrul Islam than I have. But that's quite unnecessary to add to the argument.
Old July 4, 2007, 12:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Or may be you've read more Kazi Nazrul Islam than I have.
Inquiring minds want to know. Whats the corelation?
Old July 4, 2007, 12:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Inquiring minds want to know. Whats the corelation?
My neural network comes up with tags like "bidrohi kobi" when I plug in "Kazi Nazul Islam".
Old July 4, 2007, 12:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It's been noticed. I don't need to give any concrete evidence.
I see, you like to throw in baseless claims with no concrete evidence.

Quote:
Yea, I can see how you're relating Bangladesh and Pakistan in every aspect of your thought about Pakistan.
I suppose this is another baseless claim without any concrete evidence.

Quote:
First, you're providing your own definition of what should happen if you're a Bangladeshi and something related to Pakistan comes up.
It's not my personal definition. The very existence of the country of Bangladesh can be traced back to 1971. It's not rocket science. If we didn't win the war in 1971 against the Pakistanis, there would be no Bangladesh right now. It's very simple, no?

Quote:
And now, you're imposing that definition on me to question my identity as a Bangladeshi? That is crossing the limit to some extent.
Didn't YOU cross the limit first by taking veiled digs about my "neural network", "talking crap", etc.?

Quote:
I don't feel that I need to answer this question of yours, but something tells me that you feel uncomfortable when the word Pakistan is brought up.
Not really. I was actually stating the fact that this kind of craziness is nothing new from Pakistan. The "hatred", "crap" and other assortment of bs didn't come from me.

Quote:
May be you've experienced the war first hand (which I doubt you did), and I haven't.
No, but I have watched and read enough about the atrocities.

One doesn't need to experience first hand what happened in the concentration camps to understand that the Jewish holocaust was a crazy thing.

Let's say the neo-Nazis in today's Germany get crazy and start rising up again. Do you think the holocaust and the world wars outlining German craziness will be mentioned in the Western media if that happens?

One might say that the Pakistanis in 1971 were even more efficient in their brutality than the Nazis, if we consider the rate at which the killings happened.

Quote:
Or may be you've read more Kazi Nazrul Islam than I have.
Nah, just the basic BD history that every school kid in Bangladesh should know.
Old July 4, 2007, 12:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:

My "neural network" is well programmed to retrieve "1971" when you plug in "Pakistan" + "mayhem (or synonyms)" + "crazy (or synonyms)". A society that forgets history is consigned to repeat it.
Old July 4, 2007, 12:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Room temperature is very high here.
Old July 4, 2007, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

This thread is going nowhere (Condolence for the departed souls, and Allah knows the best about who's right and whos wrong)....

Maybe this thread can be locked to keep BC united.............
Old July 4, 2007, 12:46 AM
Administrator

BC is united. We all love to debate.

We just do not wish to be united with our neighbors to the West.
Old July 4, 2007, 12:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
We just do not wish to be united with our neighbors to the West.
Didn't expect to hear that from you, Zunaid bhai.

Anyway, my last post in this thread.