facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 3, 2019, 01:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
any idea what replacement you have for shakib,mushfiq etc ? what kind of domestic structure you have in BD? any young Guns waiting to fill the gaps ?
Tbh Mossadek seems to be the closest we have as a replacement but of course not in the same class.

For Mushfiqur it’s Liton.

We always have young cannons as our youngsters are quite talented but some not ready yet . Problem is seniors are taking up those positions for youngsters too.

Old July 3, 2019, 02:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Tbh Mossadek seems to be the closest we have as a replacement but of course not in the same class.

For Mushfiqur it’s Liton.

We always have young cannons as our youngsters are quite talented but some not ready yet . Problem is seniors are taking up those positions for youngsters too.
well, you cant do too much changes in the team. find replacement before retiring anyone. we made this kind of mistake often.
Old July 3, 2019, 02:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
well, you cant do too much changes in the team. find replacement before retiring anyone. we made this kind of mistake often.
Also Sri Lanka
Old July 3, 2019, 02:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Also Sri Lanka
yup....
Old July 3, 2019, 02:12 PM
Cricket Sage

All seniors doesn't need to retire at the same time. This need to be phased out.

Ideally this should happen:

Mashrafee: He should retire immediately.

Tamim: He should no longer be automatic choice. Tamim looked kind of out of shape. he need to ask himself, does he reaaly wants it, if so he need to be fit and he needs to adress his super slow game in ODI/T20.

Mushfiq: He need to give up his Wicket keeping immediately. Batting wise he is still our core batsman.

Riyad: He need to take rest and recover fully when he can bat as well as bowl. Dont come back as 80% fit.

Rubel: he should be extra unless he can figure it out his consistency. Other young FBs should get priority over him

Sakib: He can play as long he wants to play for next 3-4 years.
Old July 3, 2019, 02:47 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

We have a pretty settled squad who are performing well. Some close matches have been disappointing and could have changed our position in the World Cup.

I think the changes we need in the immediate future is

1. Mashrafe should retire
2. Sabbir should not be anywhere near the national team
3. Mithun is not good enough for international cricket
4. Replacement of Rubel outside Bangladesh.

Tamim, Mushfiq, Shakib and Mahmudullah should be around until the next World Cup unless we find real players, not flash in the pan type, who can replace them.
Old July 3, 2019, 03:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
you named almost half of team. how can you do it ? do you have replacement for those ?
Replacement doesn't grow in trees that you plug into the team and it is guarantees that it will work.you need to try out few to see who is ready. If you never try, you will never get replacement.

There are other threads that we talked a lot about young prospect, check those out.

You cannot replace all at the same time frame, that's why I mentioned phased approach. Also I didn't asked all of them replace, asked for different roles for some ( e.g Rahim, Ryiad for example)
Old July 4, 2019, 01:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I know I used specific examples, but guys, let's actually concentrate on the overall picture here. Do you actually agree that this is the best team that could go into world cup? Do you feel we have got the best team we could have going into this world cup? I really don't think so. I think we made some tactical mistakes. I just want to take these as lessons, if we didn't learn from our mistakes, Ashraful will still be ruling the middle order, and Javed Omar will still be opening.

Mushfiqur is not the best wicket keeper in the country, yet he continues playing as WK.

Mashfrafe struggled severly as a fast bowler, while it is debatable if we actually needed him as a captain, I felt that spot was absolutely wasted. And it was an important spot.
I will repeat again, Rubel's time is probably done! He is 4 years past his prime and we need to try atleast new tearaways. It may not work at all, but 4 years from today I don't want to say again, I told you so, we knew this was a problem and we didn't fix it.

Because guess what, changes do not happen in Bangladesh overnight. Our biggeset achievments being boasted by everyone left right and center is becoming second in every competition, getting knocked out in QF, getting knocked out in SF. While it is improvement, I am not satisfied with just improvement. We need to not just compete but win tournaments.

Believe it or not, there is just a limit for every batsman or bowler to the heights he can reach. End of the day more often than not, the team that has higher collective skiills will win. Your performance in the past only matters to a certain point in keeping confidence and backing yourself in a game. What really matters to become a performer is skills and skills can be tought but also for some people there is a limit to the heights he is going to reach. I am only saying it because, our team has performed the best it could, to be honest it has exceeded that limit if you look at it. It couldn't beat Australia or England or India because our collective skills is lower than the other teams. You all have to accepet this, there is no other way to improve if we don't accept this.

After reading accepting my previous point, here is what we need to do. We need to find players with high levels of skills. What does that actually mean? I will give you an example. Imran Khan was looking for a fast bowler, one day he saw a fast bowler in the TV and he went for 45 runs in 5 overs. He called him to the nets next day and told he will play Pakistan and go to World Cup. Inzamam got told similiar way after being seen for 3 balls in the nets. I am not saying we do the same way, this is not the right way, it is too desperate, but what I am saying is we need to identify players with high levels of skills, identify them early and back them. What we are doing is, we are idenetifying mediocrity early and sticking to mediocrity. This is not the way, and I can tell you right now mediocrity will not last, it never does. The players we are discussing are mediocre - tell me if they will last till the next 4 years.

We need to assess our team again right now, because we have 4 years to build the next gen. What is the benchmark are we going to set? A team that can get away on spinning, low bounce dead wickets? Or world beaters that can play anywhere and unsettle teams with pace, mystery spin and fearless batting. Because, I can guarantee you that, once we fill these gaps and we actually build a team which has higher skills than any other teams, we are just going to beat them on the basis of just being better at the end of the day and win tournaments. I can 100% guarantee that.

I will say this again, how we learn from our World Cup and how we build our team right now is going to define our cricket in the next world cup or the near term future. Let's learn from our mistakes and correct them and not just sit on them hoping our team becomes better, hoping against hope.
Old July 4, 2019, 01:43 AM
Cricket Legend

When we play against big teams like Aus, Ind, Eng, we have to add the phrase: on our day.

I want a team that won't need this phrase. Period. When Ind play, no one says on their they day they can beat anyone. Even when PAK or SL play, no one says on their day.

The probability of winning or losing is apparently assumed to be 50-50 for teams, except when the team is Bangladesh. And there are some truth to it.

Do whatever needs to be done to get rid of "on our day"
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old July 4, 2019, 01:57 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Do whatever needs to be done to get rid of "on our day"
thats the backlash of losing so much between 2000 and 2012

on our day will take time to disappear. with time it will disappear, we will expedite it if we win WC in next 8 years
Old July 4, 2019, 07:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
I agree with Vixen.

The only player who should be thinking about retirement is Mashrafe. the others are still very young Alhamdulillah and have more than enough time to contribute and keep going.
Old July 4, 2019, 10:44 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

This is probably the best team we have ever had and I am not in favor of making too many changes. This world cup has shown again that guys like Soumya, Liton, Mosaddek, Sabbir, Miraz, Rubel arent ready to play a bigger role.
Old July 4, 2019, 10:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
This is probably the best team we have ever had and I am not in favor of making too many changes. This world cup has shown again that guys like Soumya, Liton, Mosaddek, Sabbir, Miraz, Rubel arent ready to play a bigger role.
Neither are Mushfiq and Tamim. Shakib and Mash seems to have matured unlike the others. We can only hope this rubs off on the others
Old July 4, 2019, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Liton and Mosaddek has done more than Tamim and Mashrafe this world cup already in my opinion. Soumya has been a better pacer than Mashrafe as well.
Old July 4, 2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Liton and Mosaddek has done more than Tamim and Mashrafe this world cup already in my opinion. Soumya has been a better pacer than Mashrafe as well.
Liton and Mosaddek are playing much easier roles then both Tamim and Mash and yet they have been pretty average. Both of them flopped yes but it doesnt mean the other guys have gone past them over 4-5 games. Ever heard of bad patches?
Old July 4, 2019, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Liton and Mosaddek are playing much easier roles then both Tamim and Mash and yet they have been pretty average. Both of them flopped yes but it doesnt mean the other guys have gone past them over 4-5 games. Ever heard of bad patches?
You were saying - " This world cup has shown again ". Finishing the game or playing in middle order is no easier role than opening the batting in ODIs
Old July 4, 2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Neither are Mushfiq and Tamim. Shakib and Mash seems to have matured unlike the others. We can only hope this rubs off on the others
Tamim has been an under performer in all WCs... But that doesnt change the fact that he is still our most stable opener. A few good looking innings doesnt make Soumya or Liton better openers then him. And isnt Mushy averaging close to 60 with a healthy SR? That looks pretty darn mature to me
Old July 4, 2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
You were saying - " This world cup has shown again ". Finishing the game is no easier role than opening the batting in ODIs
Why dont we try Mosaddek and Liton for opening then? I doubt either one of them would get to double digits on most days. Liton already proved that.
Old July 4, 2019, 12:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Tamim has been an under performer in all WCs... But that doesnt change the fact that he is still our most stable opener. A few good looking innings doesnt make Soumya or Liton better openers then him. And isnt Mushy averaging close to 60 with a healthy SR? That looks pretty darn mature to me
I feel in ODIs Mushfiq and Tamim at tournaments are not playing with responsibility. Yes, they will put in the odd good score or two which is why in comparison they are comparatively more stable if you want to call it that.
Old July 5, 2019, 07:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Mosaddek is not an opener.

Yes we should have open Litton and SS in the last game.
SS is bolwing better than Mashrfee. Mashrafee is the worst bowler and the fielder in the team.

Mosadeek gave us some valuable overs and some quick runs.
You can blame the young players as much as you want, but some of the senior players are hurting the team by playing the roles where we have better alternatives. And we cannot drop them because it will hurt their ego.

In this world Cup:

- Mashrafee is hurting the team (Bowling, batting and fielding)
- Tamim is hurting the team with his struggle and super slow batting and not being top of his fitness. Do you see his bhuri again? Dropped key catch, very unlike of him.
- Mushfiq is helping with the bat, but hurting with his wicket keeping and being selfish player by not giving up his WC, even the team is hurting.
- Riyad is hurting the team playing with half injured and not being able to bowl as 6th bowler. Why play, when you are not 100% fit?
- Only recently Mustafiz start getting some rhythm, but he is still on and off and too expensive.

Only Sakib played as expected plus performed with added role ( 3rd in batting order).

This team in this WC is for senior players to perform and take all the glory or take the heat. the junior players are not expected to take the leading role, they are supposed to take the supporting role. Some of them are doing well, some of them are not, and they are being dropped (when not doing well). No point to hide under junior players and shift blame on them when senior player are failing in multiple roles.

When a junior player does bad, their role are changed/reduced and/or they are dropped from the team. But when the senior player struggle, we stick with them. If that is the rule, great. but then don't try to blame the juniors (who rotates in the team) for the lack of performance of senior players (who tend to stay forever in the team).
Old July 5, 2019, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Mosaddek is not an opener.

Yes we should have open Litton and SS in the last game.
SS is bolwing better than Mashrfee. Mashrafee is the worst bowler and the fielder in the team.

Mosadeek gave us some valuable overs and some quick runs.
You can blame the young players as much as you want, but some of the senior players are hurting the team by playing the roles where we have better alternatives. And we cannot drop them because it will hurt their ego.

In this world Cup:

- Mashrafee is hurting the team (Bowling, batting and fielding)
- Tamim is hurting the team with his struggle and super slow batting and not being top of his fitness. Do you see his bhuri again? Dropped key catch, very unlike of him.
- Mushfiq is helping with the bat, but hurting with his wicket keeping and being selfish player by not giving up his WC, even the team is hurting.
- Riyad is hurting the team playing with half injured and not being able to bowl as 6th bowler. Why play, when you are not 100% fit?
- Only recently Mustafiz start getting some rhythm, but he is still on and off and too expensive.

Only Sakib played as expected plus performed with added role ( 3rd in batting order).

This team in this WC is for senior players to perform and take all the glory or take the heat. the junior players are not expected to take the leading role, they are supposed to take the supporting role. Some of them are doing well, some of them are not, and they are being dropped (when not doing well). No point to hide under junior players and shift blame on them when senior player are failing in multiple roles.

When a junior player does bad, their role are changed/reduced and/or they are dropped from the team. But when the senior player struggle, we stick with them. If that is the rule, great. but then don't try to blame the juniors (who rotates in the team) for the lack of performance of senior players (who tend to stay forever in the team).
Very valid points and on the spot.

Mashrafe's fielding this WC - the less said the better. Many times he simply stood and watched the ball pass by him and race towards boundary - let alone diving - he did not move at all.

OBSCENE!
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.