facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 6, 2019, 05:00 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

☹️ very sad. Yesterday’s match was icing on the cake.

Old July 6, 2019, 09:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

With Shakib moving at 3, Mushy at 4 means BD order positions of 5,6 is weakened. There’s a reason why Shakib was at 5 or 6 being at the heart of the line up, knowing what’s required ahead but I do think it was too low for him to be there but it was on him to prove his worth up there. One cannot forget how he use to play 2014,15,16 attacking from ball one, was risky, wanted to get going straight away. So that old position for him was right. However I do think 4, would’ve been ideal for him from few years back.

Now with them two, your two best batsmen at 3 and 4, if they get out early in their innings, or if BD has a poor start from the openers and one of shak or mush too gets out then you’re doomed, with this order. Maybe it won’t be bad idea to take mushy to #5 now, push Liton/Sabbir at 4. Got to look to the future. Need a proper solid batsman at 4 too, someone who can rotate the strike, has a decent technique, who is willing to play long innings.
Now, I know these two I named haven’t given you those impressions yet, but you can only work towards it for the next wc by planing it ahead with them, Giving a set number of chances at 4 or 5.
Old July 6, 2019, 03:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Our WC's achievement apart from SHAKIB,

2 wins against 'supposedly weaker' opponents West Indies and Afghanistan who were must win targets.

Only one win against a higher ranking side aka SA, who by the way having their worst wc ever losing against almost everyone( bar Aussies).

I would see being eighth for this BD side is equivalent of being 9th in our previous wcs. Which means, average and below par level like our own ranking. No improvement.

We were overhyped by both the foreign and desi media this time due to our early successes in the tourney.

We won only 3 out of 10 games including warm up. Any difference from 2011 wc failure where we won 3 out of 7 games? No.

Infact If Shakib wasn't there, we would have a great fight with Afghanistan to be the number "Ten".
We finished on 8th. From racing behind ENG/NZ for 4rth position to finishing on 8th. Now thats a roller coster ride gone wrong!

Go TIGERS GO...
Old July 6, 2019, 05:51 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Saber Hossain Chowdhury calling for Papon's resignation following our poor showing at the world cup: https://www.thedailystar.net/icc-cri...bility-1767922
Old July 7, 2019, 04:56 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Fiz

Bangladesh wanted to go to the semifinals. But how? You can not go to the moon without rockets and astronauts. Bangladesh, as a nation, prefers dreaming over reality. This world cup was a Shakib show. Throughout his career he was good. This time he took himself to another level. Time and time again he sent a message to his team mates, cricket board and to his nation: "I CAN NOT DO IT ALONE". Now he has proved his statement. This might be his last world cup. I am not sure, will he be interested to play 2023 world cup with such a mediocre team? Only time will tell.
Old July 7, 2019, 07:37 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricNaive
Bangladesh wanted to go to the semifinals. But how? You can not go to the moon without rockets and astronauts. Bangladesh, as a nation, prefers dreaming over reality. This world cup was a Shakib show. Throughout his career he was good. This time he took himself to another level. Time and time again he sent a message to his team mates, cricket board and to his nation: "I CAN NOT DO IT ALONE". Now he has proved his statement. This might be his last world cup. I am not sure, will he be interested to play 2023 world cup with such a mediocre team? Only time will tell.
after 4 years if the team is still like this with trundler bowlers, If I was shakib I would not have played the WC. Its better to leave your legacy intact
Old July 7, 2019, 09:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

All of a sudden South Africa beats mighty Australia and goes above BD, and Bangladesh who could’ve finished 5th (had results went their ways even, if SL lost to Eng, Pak lost to NZ or Eng), ends up at 8!.

How embarrassing campaign in the end. It’s a been a failure. And if anyone thinks it’s been a good overall tournament, knows nothing about cricket or he/she is one of those typic old easily satisfied gram wala.

This was meant to Bangladesh golden generation in terms of experience and quality especially with the bat. Yes with the bat they did well, especially Shakib but no one else in the top 6 other than Shak and Mush scored few more 50s, Liton with one 50 at #5, apart from that no one else has score anything well, no one else scored a ton, openers were pathetic, got set many times but it seemed getting set is their worse thing they can’t cash in well at all.

Bowling was the worse in the wc. There’s no penetration, no quality with the new ball. There’s no proper seam up bowler, who bowls with the seam upright. So who is going to bowl with the new ball with the 2new balls each end? What did they do all those time before the wc? No proper planning ahead! ODI has stages, do they understand? It’s not t20 where you can use overs early on with spinners, not necessarily need a proper seam up bowler but who doesn’t have them anyway, except Bangladesh! Even Afghanistan has seam up bowlers for the new ball!

Bangladesh cricket is mess. Management did nothing to rectify new ball bowling issue. They did not groom any of the new potential bowlers like ebadat, khaled Ahmed, Qazi Onik or whoever available there, by giving them some ODI’s to test out. They kept playing the same XI even if PNG came over they’ll still play their same XI. New pace bowlers needed to be given chances to prove what they could so with the new ball. Where the hell is Subhasis Roy gone after one ODI? Is it regional bias against him? Or what happened between him and Mash in BPL? What exactly he did wrong with that one odi in NZ where he was economically and was praised by NZ commies by his seam positioning and build and what not.

Does Bangladesh cricket management any brains? Do they not understand you cant win cricket matches with cutters and slow gentle mediums bowling with the two new balls in SENA countries, you need some proper seam up bowlers who can bowl at a decent pace and can swing it a bit!