facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 28, 2017, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

No noticeable change. Although it might be too early.

Shakib though is bowling his heart out. He must be reading our posts here, and wants to do better than Jadeja/Stokes.

Old August 28, 2017, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh

Shakib though is bowling his heart out. He must be reading our posts here, and wants to do better than Jadeja/Stokes.
Totally agree. Mohammad Rafiq could have much more effective as a coach than Joshi or anyone else out there. Rafiq knows our pitch, condition and more importantly our players very well.

We have some good resources, but often we fail to take to take advantage of. Salhuddin could have a been a batting consultant.
Old August 28, 2017, 03:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:

May be he wanted a 5fer against all test opponents and that is a rare accomplishment. Who knows when he will get the next opportunity.
Old August 30, 2017, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

So.... no one is talking about this (Sunil Joshi) fella... Am I the only one who noticed how animated he was with the spinner on 4th morning of this great test match that we won against mighty Australia? Spinners won us this match... and I dont think its a coincident. Shakib was kind of out of form before this match. Miraz said he cant be amazing every series. Yet they completely turned the match on its head. #Attention_BCB! #Give_Joshi_Fulltime_Position
Old August 30, 2017, 05:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^^Yeah Maruf bhai, totally! I am with you.
Within one week of arrival of Spin Coach Joshi, our team beat Australia and with our fantastic spinners! What a beauty! Charm! Charm!
Old August 30, 2017, 06:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
So.... no one is talking about this (Sunil Joshi) fella... Am I the only one who noticed how animated he was with the spinner on 4th morning of this great test match that we won against mighty Australia? Spinners won us this match... and I dont think its a coincident. Shakib was kind of out of form before this match. Miraz said he cant be amazing every series. Yet they completely turned the match on its head. #Attention_BCB! #Give_Joshi_Fulltime_Position
It's mostly because of the pitch. I don't think the coach had any real impact yet.
Old August 30, 2017, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
It's way too early for him to have an impact, and I don't think he had any in this match. Let's see in 3 months time how much Miraz and Taijul improves.
Old August 30, 2017, 08:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
^^^Yeah Maruf bhai, totally! I am with you.
Within one week of arrival of Spin Coach Joshi, our team beat Australia and with our fantastic spinners! What a beauty! Charm! Charm!
Lol. I smell sarcasm.

I guess y'all have a point... Well, hoping he can do a good job in near future and I did not see it wrong.
Old August 31, 2017, 02:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Tbh Taijul and Miraz pretty much same.

Wonder whether Joshi has had an impact on Shakib. Shakib experienced, smart enough to figure out or adapt to any tips/suggestion. Or was it pure hunger to succeed.
Old August 31, 2017, 12:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Lol. I smell sarcasm.

I guess y'all have a point... Well, hoping he can do a good job in near future and I did not see it wrong.
No, absolutely not Maruf bhaiya...I was actually being serious.

In our legendary Branhmanbaria, we have an old saying, when someone new arrive in a family (i.e. a new born or new bride), they can either bring good luck or bad luck to the family. In this case, clearly, coach Joshi brought beautiful good luck to the Bangladesh team within a week of his arrival and joining the team. It's a lucky charm thing!

I sincerely think, Coach Joshi will make our cricket and team only better. My very wishes for him and his team.
Old August 31, 2017, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Tbh Taijul and Miraz pretty much same.

Wonder whether Joshi has had an impact on Shakib. Shakib experienced, smart enough to figure out or adapt to any tips/suggestion. Or was it pure hunger to succeed.
Taijul improved flight a bit, Shakib didn't really improve, seems slightly more fitter

Joshi has not had the time to improve the players

Old August 24, 2018, 04:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Is Joshi leaving soon or is it a rumour?

I was searching for the news but found this (not relevant to the news but it has some interesting inputs about our players) link below :

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...joshi-5094431/
Old August 24, 2018, 09:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Do these boys get carried away?
They do. They need to be mentally stronger.

Yeah, tell that to Rubel
Old August 24, 2018, 12:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Joshi could have been the one.

His best ODI spell reads 10 Ovs 6 maidens 6 runs 5 wickets. Against mighty SA.
Old August 24, 2018, 12:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3

I was searching for the news but found this (not relevant to the news but it has some interesting inputs about our players) link below :

Very nice read and great observation by Joshi.
Old August 24, 2018, 03:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3

Yeah Joshi is going.... found that in bdcrictime.com

Who is replacing him? Vettori just got kicked out from bangaluru..
Old August 25, 2018, 02:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Seems like his contract is expiring. Also, hope it's not Vettori. Great player but not a good coach, just like Walsh.
Old August 26, 2018, 09:00 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Apparently Mushtaq Ahmed could be the new spin bowling coach.
Old November 25, 2018, 12:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Sunil Joshi extends Bangladesh contract till WC 2019
Quote:
"It's a great opportunity, and am thankful to the Bangladesh Cricket Board for having kept the trust in me," Joshi, who played 69 One-Day Internationals between 1996 and 2001, said from Chittagong on Sunday.

"There is a very positive vibe within the team, having won the ODI and T20I series against WIndies earlier this year, as well as getting to the final of the Asia Cup and losing very narrowly to India. There are a lot of positives. The players have started believing in themselves since their wonderful run to the semifinal at the 2015 World Cup. They are no longer satisfied at pushing the top teams in the world, they are confident that they can beat them both in white-ball and red-ball cricket, which has given the thrust to the players and to me as well."

"It is very important to play a good brand of cricket. We have been doing well in white-ball cricket, showing more consistency in the middle overs with the bat while chasing, and focusing on PowerPlay bowling, which really makes a difference," he pointed out. "Those are the areas we are focusing on as far as white-ball is concerned. The slog overs block has been employed differently by different teams. They attack in different blocks, depending on what their strengths are. We need to be prepared for that. The moment you smell something, you should be able to adapt."

"I have put together of a plan of sorts for a spin talent hunt during the upcoming edition of the Bangladesh Premier League. The board has approved the talent hunt program. We are looking for mystery spinners, and we are doing so aggressively - spinners with mystery action, wrist spinners, be it left-arm or right-arm. If we get some promising leads, we can follow up accordingly.

"For me, white-ball cricket is all about keeping the pressure on. And especially in the PowerPlay, you have got to pick up wickets. Batsmen will be looking to hit boundaries and sixes in the PowerPlay, that's the time when we have the best chance to pick up wickets as well. When I played, I always looked for wickets rather than trying to bowl a dot-ball or a maiden over. If you pick up a couple of wickets when the field restrictions are on, the opposition is are already under pressure. Then you can capitalize by bowling dot-balls and maiden overs."

"It is all about the mind. The spinners need to have the mindset of eliciting shots from the batsman. Therefore, it is important for him to come back and bowl the next ball at the same place after getting hit for a boundary, without deviating from the game plan," he elaborated. "More often than not, when a spinner gets hit, natural instinct will almost dictate that he change either his line or his length the next ball. In Test cricket, you don't need to do that. By sharing that information, by repeating those things on a daily basis and monitoring them, talking to them, that is what we have built on in the last one year. The classic example is that of Taijul (Islam, the left-arm spinner). In the last year, he has been playing only one form of cricket, which is red-ball. I am so glad that he has come of age. He has taken four five-wicket hauls in his last Test six innings, which is a fantastic achievement."

"We played with a different ball against Zimbabwe, we are using a different ball against Windies. With Zimbabwe, it was the SG Test, now it is Kookaburra. The reason for the change of brand is largely tactical. Windies are coming off a Test series in India, where they sort of got used to playing with the SG Test ball, whereas at home, they use Duke's. Our boys are equally equipped to play with both SG Test and the Kookaburra. It's these sorts of tactical aspects that we focus on. Taijul has adapted to the different balls so quickly. We are playing four Tests in four weeks, back-to-back, and the way he has responded to the challenge thus far has been brilliant.

"I am very fortunate that we have Shakib in our ranks to inspire through deeds and words. He shares a very good rapport with all the spinners, be it Taijul or (Mehidy Hasan) Miraz. We have a new kid on the block, Nayeem Hasan, an outstanding bowler. He is 6'2, 17 years old, amazing off-spinner -- such a great talent, as he showed by picking up a five-wicket haul on Test debut. And we have another hope, Naimul Islam. There is a bunch of spinners, and I am so excited to work along with them. Shakib is up front, he encourages the spinners to interact with me. This is a rapport that has developed over a period of time. They are comfortable with me, and I am comfortable with them as well; we enjoy spending time together, talking spin and, of course, getting the results."
Old November 25, 2018, 12:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Joshi made a special mention of 18 years old Rajshahi lad Naimul Islam Sumon. He's an SLA, has not been picked for the BD U-19 team. He helped Shinepukur to promote from Dhaka first division to premier division last year. Anyone knows anything more about him?
Old November 25, 2018, 01:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Didn't know that we use both the SG and Kookaburra.
Old November 26, 2018, 01:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Apparently Mushtaq Ahmed could be the new spin bowling coach.
I am guessing that appointment didn't spin in any direction and good news.

Pakistani coaches have not really been any use to us. And the nimok haraam like Saqlain Mushtak used to slag our team and board after his tenure.
Old November 26, 2018, 07:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

He should be hired permanently if possible
Old November 26, 2018, 08:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Pakistani coaches have not really been any use to us. And the nimok haraam like Saqlain Mushtak used to slag our team and board after his tenure.
Correct observation. Saqlain's nimok harami was brazen and appalling to say the least.

No Pakistani should ever coach BD, ever!
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old November 26, 2018, 10:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I am guessing that appointment didn't spin in any direction and good news.

Who remembers Mohsin Kamal?
probably the worst appointment in history of Bangladesh cricket (Trevor Chappel was close second)