facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2012, 01:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

An excellent piece of work Jadukor(Iftekhar) vhai. I hope that the message has reached to our players on time.

Old March 16, 2012, 01:24 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Wonderful piece Iftekhar bhai, now about sending this to the players I have an idea. Perhaps Boss can give it a go by mailing it to Shane, our bowling coach, who if possible might read it out to the players. Just a thought although very little time left to do it now.
dont think its gonna happen

Our players listen to this once and forgets it the next time they play
Old March 16, 2012, 02:19 AM

A fantastic read - thank for sharing with us Jadukor
Old March 16, 2012, 05:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

bhai apnar advice pura flop gese

erpor theke bola uchit: Ei chemrara, tora ekhon theke khawa dawa chere saradin practice korbi, tora retirementer age biye shadi korbi na
Old March 16, 2012, 11:42 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
bhai apnar advice pura flop gese

erpor theke bola uchit: Ei chemrara, tora ekhon theke khawa dawa chere saradin practice korbi, tora retirementer age biye shadi korbi na
Amar advice flop gelo keno. Apnar mathai flower pot porse naki ajke?
Old March 16, 2012, 11:53 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I hope S. Jurgensen did read your letter to them Jadukor
But now you have to put up motivational advice before every match! muhahaha
Old March 16, 2012, 02:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

I'm sure players has read this letter and we can see the result.. they believed in themselves ... even when the match was slipping away they never stopped believing and got the desired victory... Thank you Jadulor bhai.. your letter in deed worked like magic
Old March 19, 2012, 04:00 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Message part deux:

Dear cricketers,

Let me start by saying what a truly remarkable performance it was from you guys to beat the current World Champions in that thrilling high scoring chase which kept me at the edge of my seat for four straight hours (not eight only because of bathroom breaks). You lads have done everything that I have asked of you in my previous messages and since the India match is now done and dusted I thought I should continue writing to you while you shift your focus from the celebratory sweets on to your next opponent, the mighty Lankans.

Remembering past matches against Sri Lanka which reads 2 wins and 27 losses, usually brings horrible memories in my mind. Be it the dismantling of our top order in the World Cup by Vaas or the unforgettable innings played by Murali in 2009 to clinch the series on our home soil, our performances against Sri Lanka has hardly been pleasant.

I am not bringing up bitter memories to discourage you folks but only to remind you of the ground realities and the enormously difficult task that awaits us. However, despite being overwhelming underdogs in the upcoming game, I am upbeat about our chances simply for two reasons. The first reason being we are now a radically improved team in the middle of re-writing our Asia Cup history which has only witnessed dismal performances in the past. Secondly, our somewhat fatigued Island neighbors aren’t exactly having the best of times adapting to pitch conditions in Mirpur having flown in from the bouncy Australian pitches. As a bonus reason we can also remember that our chief tormentors Vaas and Murali are both now retired.

So it is with great confidence, hope and optimism I send my second batch of virtual messages/letters with the hope that that somehow in the wide arena of cyberspace some of you will read and like what I had to say to you.

Tamim: The two consecutive fifties in the last two games was a great achievement but unfortunately it has also raised your probability of failure exponentially for the next game. I hope that similar to Virat Kohli, you will also defy statistics and common belief and take yourself to a whole new level by building another big score. We all know you have done very well in this tournament laying the platform for the team but please remember the dark times you had to go through before this tournament and be guarded against complacency. We don't want to see you chasing wide of off stump deliveries early in the innings and we certainly do not want to see you get outdone by a swinging yorker from Malinga. Be tight and watchful against those fast full deliveries and also remember that the Lankan's just might give the ball to Dilshan to upset your rhythm. Play him in-front of your pad at all times like you did against Hafeez in this tournament and everything will be okay. Please also learn to pace your innings better. We, the fans understand when you go slow at the start of your innings but we want to see you play with a bit more freedom once you are set and lift that strike rate to at least 80. If you are stuck in second gear throughout your innings, sooner or later it might spell trouble for Bangladesh because Mushfiq and Shakib won't always be able to deliver on a steep chase. So it is important to keep pace with the required run rate at the start of the innings like the Indians did against Pakistan.

Nazimuddin: People are calling for your head already man so you need to deliver a solid performance in this game. In both games you looked comfortable but gave your wicket away trying to lift the tempo. Though your aggression is admirable, your shot selection isn't. We don't want you to go down the track and slog across the line. You have 50 overs to play with so just wait for the loose deliveries to feed your hunger for boundaries. Pick the singles so that the pressure doesn't rise on you and at the same time watch out for the incoming delivery from Kulasekara. With your back-foot oriented approach you should be careful of the LBW threat from Lankan bowlers.

Jahirul: Thanks for not repeating your mistakes in the second game. You are shaping up to be a perfect number three batsman. I hope you continue in the same manner and get us an even bigger score.

Nasir: Brilliant stuff from you yet again. You have all the talent and skill to succeed. Only thing i worry about is your ability to handle success. Please be guarded against complacency and don't be loose on your defense. As Gul showed you, it takes one good ball to undo a good effort.

Shakib: You were an absolute champion with the bat against India but I hope you do better with the ball against Sri Lanka though. Please don’t get flustered if they hit you for a six. We want to see more flight and spin from your deliveries rather than the flat stuff you have been bowling. You are our main wicket taker so go for wickets leave the containment job to Razzak. We know that the Sri Lankan batting is heavily reliant on Sangakara, Jaywardene and Dilshan. If we can these three batsman out then half our battle will already be won and so I would hope you will bring yourself on to each of these batters while they are new to the crease.

Mushy: What an extraordinary innings that was! The ‘Chris Gayle’ in you really shone against India and we really hope you get to play a similar role rather than the damage control/survival role you have had to play in the past.
p.s Keep the “behind the stump chatter” going and make it unbearable for Mr. Sangakara to bat

Mahmudullah: Good finishing touch. Don’t really have much to say to you except that you should work on your bowling so that it’s not a buffet of runs for the opposition batsman.
Mash: Good job against India. You kept things tight and kept the score within reasonable levels. We hope the same from you again and if possible a couple of top order wickets early would be nice as well.

Razzak: Great job against India. While Shahadat was serving up rubbish from the other end, it was your spell that kept us in control of the situation. Thanks for putting in such an economical spell against the best players of spin. We hope things will be a little easier against Sri Lanka. If you get a chance with the new ball which I think you should (early against Dilshan), try to skid one through the defense of Dilu and tell Mr. Manjrekar to suck it on twitter.

Nazmul: Feel really bad for you man. The foster parents/Team Management is treating you worse than Harry Potter’s Uncle. On a positive note, with Shafiul injured, there is no reason not to play you now but since you are “Nazmul” we can never be too sure. I hope you get a game and cement your place (with several layers of concrete). Good luck!

Abul Hasan: Don’t know too much about you. All I can say is that please don’t get hammered like the unfortunate Dollar Mahmud who sank like the dollar ever since. Also please remember that our fielding has been outstanding so far so don’t want to see any drop catches from you.

p.s I have heard you are a hard hitting batsman and I sincerely hope your reputation didn’t spread from the same guy who coined “Chokka” Naeem.

Sunny: Most of us fans have a lot of faith in your ability. You are a seasoned campaigner having done the hard yards in domestic cricket. We all know what you are capable of and we are confident you will be an asset to our spin department. If we do go with a two pace attack then it is certain you will get a game. What we would like to see from you is the strangulation strategy in the middle overs which our spinners have made into an art. Be as miserly as you can be and it will lead to wickets for the others.

Last edited by Jadukor; March 19, 2012 at 05:51 AM..
Old March 19, 2012, 04:03 AM
Administrator

Hey - give me a preamble, and we will push it through to the FP. You know what you gotta do. And please check the Bangkok 5 nights thread.
Old March 19, 2012, 04:14 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Gd read part 2

But Abul is likely not to play. So adding SRK and sunny would be gd imo
Old March 19, 2012, 04:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

was waiting for the 2nd part, to be honest. Its a lucky charm now i may request you write a little prescription before every BD match, Lol
Old March 19, 2012, 04:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Hmm Jadukor bhai. Please write another one for the Sri Lankan match
Old March 19, 2012, 04:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Hmm Jadukor bhai. Please write another one for the Sri Lankan match
This 2nd part is for SL match
Old March 19, 2012, 05:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Message part two:

Tamim: Two consecutive fifties has raised your probability of failure exponentially in the next game. You have done very well in this tournament laying the platform but please be guarded against complacency. We don't want to see you chasing wide of off stump deliveries early in the innings and we certainly do not want to see you get outdone by a swinging yorker from Malinga. Be tight and watchful against those fast full deliveries and also remember that the Lankan's might give the ball to Dilshan to upset your rhythm. Play him in-front of your pad at all times like you did against Hafeez in this tournament. Please also learn to pace your innings better. We the fans understand when you go slow at the start of your innings but we want to see you play with a bit more freedom once you are set and lift that strike rate to at least 80. If you are stuck in second gear throughout your innings sooner or later it might spell trouble for Bangladesh because Mushfiq and Shakib won't always be able to deliver on a steep chase. So it is important to keep pace with the required run rate at the start of the innings like the Indians did against Pakistan.

Nazimuddin: People are calling for your head already man so you need to deliver a solid performance in this game. In both games you have given your wicket away trying to lift the tempo. Though your aggression is admirable, your shot selection isn't. We don't want you to go down the track and slog across the line. You have 50 overs to play with so just wait for the loose deliveries to feed your hunger for boundaries. Pick the singles so that the pressure doesn't rise on you and watch out for the incoming delivery from Kulasekara. With your back-foot oriented approach you should be careful of the LBW threat from Lankan bowlers.

Jahirul: Thanks for not repeating your mistakes in the second game. I hope you continue in the same manner and get an even bigger score.

Nasir: Brilliant stuff from you yet again. You have all the talent and skill to succeed. Only thing i worry about is your ability to handle success. Please be guarded against complacency and don't be loose on your defense. As Gul showed you, it takes one good ball to undo a good effort.

Shakib: You were an absolute champion with the bat against India but I hope you do better with the ball against Sri Lanka though. Please don’t get flustered if they hit you for a six. We want to see more flight and spin from your deliveries rather than the flat stuff you have been bowling. You are our main wicket taker so go for wickets leave the containment job to Razzak.

Mushy: What an extraordinary innings that was! The ‘Chris Gayle’ in you really shone against India and we really hope you get to play a similar role rather than the damage control/survival role you have had to play in the past.
p.s Keep the “behind the stump chatter” going and make it unbearable for Sanga to bat

Mahmudullah: Good finishing touch. Don’t really have much to say to you except that you should work on your bowling so that it’s not a buffet of runs for the opposition batsman.
Mash: Good job against India. You kept things tight and kept the score within reasonable levels. We hope the same from you again and if possible a couple of top order wickets early would be nice as well.

Razzak: Great job against India. While Shahadat was serving up rubbish from the other end, it was your spell that kept us in control of the situation. Thanks for putting in such an economical spell against the best players of spin. We hope things will be a little easier against Sri Lanka. If you get a chance with the new ball which I think you should (early against Dilshan), try to skid one through the defense of Dilu and tell Mr. Manjrekar to suck it on twitter.

Nazmul: Feel really bad for you man. The foster parents/Team Management is treating you worse than Harry Potter’s Uncle. On a positive note, with Shafiul injured, there is no reason not to play you now but since you are “Nazmul” we can never be too sure. I hope you get a game and cement your place (with several layers of concrete). Good luck!

Abul Hasan: Don’t know too much about you. All I can say is that don’t get hammered like Dollar Mahmud and also do not drop catches. I heard you are a hard hitting batsman so I sincerely hope your reputation didn’t spread from the same guy who coined “Chokka” Naeem.
uff it just cracked me up sheirokom hoise Jadukor bhai.....

On a serious note, asha korbo apni arekta report likhte parben for Asia Cup after this match
Old March 19, 2012, 06:02 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

thanks all for the encouragement!

message edited!
Old March 19, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Tarporeo bhalo hoise
Old March 19, 2012, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Hot off the press! Part deux has now been published:

Articles and Features

A message from a fan to all our players: Part deux
Iftekhar Khan

After having successfully admonished the Bangladesh team into achieving a fantastic win against India, he tries once again to see if he can exhort the team to yet greater heights in their crucial mach against Sri lanka in the Micromax Asia Cup 2012.
Read article »

Last edited by Zunaid; March 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM..
Old March 19, 2012, 10:14 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Thanks a lot Z bhai! Really hope we win today. Time to share this with friends and family
Old March 19, 2012, 11:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Wow, you just outdone yourself Jaduda.
Old March 20, 2012, 12:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

part 2 was superb!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 20, 2012, 12:05 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Wow, you just outdone yourself Jaduda.
thanks for reading Zee.

Jaduda... sounds terrible btw... I hope it doesn't catch on.

thanks al Furqaan!
Old March 20, 2012, 12:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

My favorite part was how Nazmul's not being included was in contrast to Harry Potter's uncles treating Harry! I thought that was classic. Well written piece Magician Man ,

In all honesty, I do not want to see Abul Hasan tonight in the game, i would prefer Shahadat over him(that is if we really need to play three pacers),
Old March 20, 2012, 12:13 AM
Cricket Savant

I also liked the wordplay here:

Quote:
However, despite being overwhelming underdogs in the upcoming game, I am upbeat about our chances simply for two reasons.