facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 19, 2011, 09:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
so you didn't see his this comment

He replied to an answer were he was asked what he thinks about lazy players? he never said bd players are lazy. u r just trying to start a fire and u r trying to light anything that is moving... i am sorry that's what i feel from reading your posts...
Swift, who replaced Fountain, is confident about making the Tigers a better fielding unit despite knowing that laziness is a common trait among sub-continental players.

Here it is, just for you, cos last time I looked BD players were sub continent.

He also said he feels nothing needs to be done.. so why get rid of Julien then? Why bring this guy in if he cannot feel anything needs changing?

I am not lighting fires... I am pointing out what you are not seeing, which is someone who has admitted he cannot help much and that basically he is expecting lazy cricketers.

He could have said: "I can bring much to this role, build on the excellent work done by Julien and further enthuse the players with some new ideas"... but he didn't say any of that.

Old July 19, 2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Relax LBW103 mate. Swift didn't say anything as you suspected.

We may like or not, we have a new set up of coaches who will be with us for next two years. Unless they do their job for a considerable period of time (at least 1 year) there is no way to evaluate them. Let us give them that time.
You miss my point. Mission statements are important. The big thing I got from Swift was he is expecting laziness and he isn't going to do very much as it is already done.

You might be happy with that, which is your choice.
Old July 19, 2011, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
You miss my point. Mission statements are important. The big thing I got from Swift was he is expecting laziness and he isn't going to do very much as it is already done.

You might be happy with that, which is your choice.
Actually, I think he is being realistic, and is saying that all teams are bound to have lazy fielders, name one team that doesn't. He is talking about changing their approach to fielding.
Old July 19, 2011, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Actually, I think he is being realistic, and is saying that all teams are bound to have lazy fielders, name one team that doesn't. He is talking about changing their approach to fielding.
No it was said sub continental players are basically lazy, not other teams. I don't see lazy fielders in England, SA, Australian sides, so this was about players here.

I would also say that this comment over the approach to fielding is disrespectful of the outgoing fielding coach who did such an amazing job. It implies Julien has made little impact on that belief.

Whichever way you wanna slice this up, the comments are poor. It is not about realism. It is about showing respect before you have even started. Swift doesn't even know who the players are for goodness sake. It's not great to start your first day off saying the workers are lazy and could have a bad attitude to their job.

Again, if you think that is a good start then that's fine, but I don't.
Old July 19, 2011, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
No it was said sub continental players are basically lazy, not other teams. I don't see lazy fielders in England, SA, Australian sides, so this was about players here.

I would also say that this comment over the approach to fielding is disrespectful of the outgoing fielding coach who did such an amazing job. It implies Julien has made little impact on that belief.

Whichever way you wanna slice this up, the comments are poor. It is not about realism. It is about showing respect before you have even started. Swift doesn't even know who the players are for goodness sake. It's not great to start your first day off saying the workers are lazy and could have a bad attitude to their job.

Again, if you think that is a good start then that's fine, but I don't.
If your telling me that England has no lazy fielders, or that all teams outside of our the sub continent are not lazy, then mate your confused. Your analysis of cricket half the time seems like you take everything to word value.
Old July 19, 2011, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
If your telling me that England has no lazy fielders, or that all teams outside of our the sub continent are not lazy, then mate your confused. Your analysis of cricket half the time seems like you take everything to word value.
Name me a lazy England fielder please.. back up your words. There aren't any.
Old July 19, 2011, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Name me a lazy England fielder please.. back up your words. There aren't any.
Graeme swann is quite lazy, and that's why he's kept at the slips. Stuart Broad.
Old July 19, 2011, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Graeme swann is quite lazy, and that's why he's kept at the slips. Stuart Broad.
From the third test in England:

Fielder of the day: Broad’s diving catch at mid-on to complete the Sri Lanka innings was a triumph of athleticism for a big man.

From the Ashes

Another run-out later accounted for tail-ender Xavier Doherty in a strong fielding display from England, and Swann continued: 'There was a lot of energy round the field, those who weren't bowling were scampering around like idiots - KP especially. The odd pat on the bum here and there is what you need to keep you going.

'We work hard on it.'

Have to disagree with you on laziness therefore. Looks like neither player is lazy, nor the team.
Old July 19, 2011, 12:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

Again, as myself:

With LBW here. It is _quite_ possible that Swift & Law will turn out to be outstanding coaches and take BD to the promised land. But to me, their initial comments show a lack of effort and thought (i.e. a total absence of preparation). I will grant them their honeymoon period but in my personal experience, top performers in any field tend to come ready to hit the ground running from day 1 and I don't think anyone can say that about this duo.

Anyway I wish them well and hope that in this case morning does NOT show the day.
Old July 19, 2011, 04:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

What Julien Fountain got and is getting from BCB is appalling to say the least. These guys could not run a taxi service let alone a National Cricket Board. I am very sorry Julien had to experience such an incompetent and unsupportive employer...

Chih BCB, Chih...
Old July 19, 2011, 07:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Shame.
Old July 19, 2011, 09:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Shafiul Islam

Can't believe how bad those peoples are who running BCB?If they can do this to a foreign coach, image what they will do with normal bangladeshi.
Gave promise, then break it and now asking for rent.
Really shameful act.Can't describe with words.
Old July 20, 2011, 12:39 AM
Club Cricketer

Apologies Coach . Sorry to see you leaving.
Old July 20, 2011, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Shame. Thats all I can say.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 20, 2011, 08:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Swift, who replaced Fountain, is confident about making the Tigers a better fielding unit despite knowing that laziness is a common trait among sub-continental players.

Here it is, just for you, cos last time I looked BD players were sub continent.

He also said he feels nothing needs to be done.. so why get rid of Julien then? Why bring this guy in if he cannot feel anything needs changing?

I am not lighting fires... I am pointing out what you are not seeing, which is someone who has admitted he cannot help much and that basically he is expecting lazy cricketers.

He could have said: "I can bring much to this role, build on the excellent work done by Julien and further enthuse the players with some new ideas"... but he didn't say any of that.
Like i said you are just trying to find points out of nothing... and that's your right. where did he say he will do nothing? where did he said bd players are lazy? you are making 2+2=5 here (IMO)... And why do you think he needs to mention Julien by name? and what makes you think a fielding coach would be able to talk like a MBA person or a politician?

And again the reporter asked him what he thinks about his job despite knowing sub continent players are lazy... and then he answered. on top bd media is well known for adding stuff.

After all this end of the day you might be right but these words to me doesn't raise any red flags. All i am saying its too early to start a hate thread on somebody...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 20, 2011, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Like i said you are just trying to find points out of nothing... and that's your right. where did he say he will do nothing? where did he said bd players are lazy? you are making 2+2=5 here (IMO)... And why do you think he needs to mention Julien by name? and what makes you think a fielding coach would be able to talk like a MBA person or a politician?

And again the reporter asked him what he thinks about his job despite knowing sub continent players are lazy... and then he answered. on top bd media is well known for adding stuff.

After all this end of the day you might be right but these words to me doesn't raise any red flags. All i am saying its too early to start a hate thread on somebody...
Well, if it was me being asked by the reporter about the Sub continent players being lazy, I would answer: "I don't yet know how good the team is but I am expecting high levels of fitness and skill. I will continue to good work done by my predecessor and hope to build on this."

Instead he said he was used to working with lazy players. He also said there wasn't much to do with the team.

You have to read what he said.

My point is, you can get trapped into saying stuff by journalists if you are not careful, or not professional. So you have to have stock answers and not blurt out things that come into your head. You should always acknowledge your predecessor, as good etiquette. I know the australians are accused of being brash and sometimes unthoughtful, but how hard can it be to prepare a statement?

A coach should be humble when he arrives and avoid getting into using words like 'lazy' in his media discussions. Fans and media expect an idea of what he plans to do.

By contrast, here are the comments of the coaches Julien Fountain and Ian Pont when they arrived... this is how you do it>>>

When Fountain arrived he said this:

I can’t make a judgment too early, but from what I have seen I can say that they are young, keen and they move well and it is the first step in the long journey. I am confident they are going to perform very, very well. Each player is different to others and each player has different skills. I am trying to see how skilful they are.

I don’t have any expectation as this is the first series I am involved in with the Bangladesh cricket team. But all I want is that they execute the skills well, they execute the plans well. Obviously I want them to win but I want them to commit more and give hundred percent in the field.

When Pont arrived he said this:

I am here on a short-term job initially and let me see how I can help the fast bowlers. We have New Zealand and Zimbabwe series and thereafter the World Cup, so it would be an exciting six months ahead,’ he said.

‘I think they need a good leadership with Jamie Siddons in charge. They have got a new captain who also is leading the bowling attack, he has a big role to play,’ said the 49-year-old bowling coach.

‘With Julien [Fountain] as a fielding coach we have got some discipline on the field. I think in all the departments now we have got some disciplined coaches. But this is a long hole, you know, you are not expecting to pull trees up overnight,’ he said.

‘We are not expecting to win the World Cup but we will have a good go at it, it’s a long journey and as long as they [players] respond I think the guys have all the chance of having success,’ Pont added.

‘I cannot comment on what happened before me coming but looking at the team generally the one thing that strikes me is that they are really excited about their own game of cricket.’

Afterwards Pont told journalists, "I've never watched a Bangladesh match directly from the gallery, but I saw two of the series against England on television.

"I can see there is no lack of talented bowlers in the team. All they need is proper guidance and they can surely prove themselves in the field," he said.

He also assured that he would do his best to prepare them for the 2011 World Cup.
Old July 20, 2011, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Like i said not every one is polished on what they are saying but judging on some words by comparing what other said is too early for me. I will wait to see what they do before stating they r here only for money just because they said some thing... specailly when our reporters r reporting that.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled