facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 17, 2007, 10:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default FROM NOW DAV WHATMORE's actions and stay in Bangladesh should be restrained.

I think BCB should make sure DAV whatmore is watched using proper security measure, if necessary have army deployed to monitor DAV's whereabouts, to make sure SHARAD PAWAR does not get to go anywhere near DAV Whatmore until the 2 tests are over. After all it is a matter of national interest! And as Bangladeshi we should not compromise that. Bangladesh Cricket Board should not do anything less. If necessary have Dav's whereabout as a foreigner in the country closely monitor from now on. After all Western world would have done the same in those circumstancs, no?

Let him do whatever he wants after he leaves Bangladesh. If necessary have BCCI fly him over after the game. We have no problem.

Last edited by CTazim; May 17, 2007 at 10:13 PM..

Old May 17, 2007, 10:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped
he would want them to do it for them selves!! but would be a fantastic finish!
Thanks for your dad's great contribution and also visiting the site. We wish you guys all the best and please do visit us all the time. Please ignore some comments but see the good side of this great site.
Old May 18, 2007, 02:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Dev is not going to get that post easily......Today's prothom alo says...BCCI has asked Ravi shahtri to continue his job for another series...also Dev's value went down to BCCI as he offered himself for the post.....Also BCB is not going to allow Dev to be in a meeting with BCCI officials in chittagong. I think BCB is right here...they can't allow their contracted to coach to discuss with popnent team's official while the series is going on....
Old May 18, 2007, 05:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Let me ask this question... How was dav able to announce he will be coaching Bangladesh cricket team just before his contract finished with srilanka?! Every coach has to plan! How was Tom Moody able to announce he is going to WA before his contract finished with sri lanka... i dont see u guys attacking him!!!!!
Old May 18, 2007, 05:58 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I think many BC members are making too many unnecessary comments about Dav Whatmore.

Dav has given a lot to Bangladesh cricket and we must acknowledge that. He is definitely leaving Bangladesh to a much better place than he had. Every professional will look for a better challenge and better opportunities.

Like stumped mentioned, many coaches around the world declare their next coaching assignment near the end of the current contract.

Moody is with Sri Lanka in Abudhabi but he made it clear there he is going to Western Australia after the current tenure. I don't see any Sri Lankan is going after him for that declaration. He even revealed the decision during world cup which cricinfo published with reference to Langer.

So please don;t act like a child, be grateful whatever service he provided and look for the future.
Old May 18, 2007, 11:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I think many BC members are making too many unnecessary comments about Dav Whatmore.

Dav has given a lot to Bangladesh cricket and we must acknowledge that. He is definitely leaving Bangladesh to a much better place than he had. Every professional will look for a better challenge and better opportunities.

Like stumped mentioned, many coaches around the world declare their next coaching assignment near the end of the current contract.

Moody is with Sri Lanka in Abudhabi but he made it clear there he is going to Western Australia after the current tenure. I don't see any Sri Lankan is going after him for that declaration. He even revealed the decision during world cup which cricinfo published with reference to Langer.

So please don;t act like a child, be grateful whatever service he provided and look for the future.

Well the context is different and needs to be addressed. Dav Whatmore is leaving we are happy for it. He has given us a lot. So had Gordon Greenidge. But it is a different time now. However, if you have BCCIs 6 men coming to Bangladesh while Bangladesh plays India, then BCB has every right to make sure Dav does not interact with them. No?

Say one has been a dedicated employee for 30 years. Then at the end of the career gives an appearance of a "conflict of interest" then that would not be acceptable.
This is where we lack to act as a "professional organization" and may fail to protect our interest and people take advantage. This is where we must put our foot down.

We are thankful to Dav Whatmore for his contribution. At the same time he cannot take us to the next level. In the same manner Mr. Greenidge was not the right person to bring us to our current level. Dav Whatmore is one of many factors that has led to where we are today. He is not the only factor. We must understand that and acknowledge that. I do not have a problem with amicable parting of ways. But if we hear Mr. Sharad Pawar is coming and BCB does put its foot down, then kudos to BCB. However, if BCB is going to be indifferent about how Mr. Pawar and everyone will initiate a talk with Mr. Whatmore, then we will continue to be kicked at different junctures. We need to make certain actions of the future coach clearly defined so that we are not embarrassed in anyway in the future.

I am all for amicable parting. However, that must be mututal. Mr. Whatmore was extremely quiet and abrupt with the media after he came back from the World cup. Is that how the national coach communicate with the local media after arguably a successful world cup? Why should "maintaining protocol" be a one way street, with a third world country like Bangladesh at the receiving end of such litmus test? It is imperative to know the disctinction. I am not saying Dav Whatmore should not talk to India, etc. But it needs to be done in a manner that shows good taste and good judgement. The problem is Tom Moody never in his tenure openly stated that he wanted to coach another test playing nation. Mr. Whatmore has done it. That too, twice. Eye washing that action as an individual's right to seek bigger and better challenges is detremental for Bangladesh cricket.

Last edited by CTazim; May 18, 2007 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: For clarity and correcting some type o error
Old May 18, 2007, 11:56 AM
Street Cricketer

I'm just not getting a good feeling about Whatmore. He's an excellent coach from all reports, but all his successes have been with teams who did not have stars and egos.
Old May 18, 2007, 11:58 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

CTazim, you are failing to look at the bigger picture.

First of all, Indian delegation is coming to Bangladesh due to the invitation from the Bangladeshi counterpart (BCB), according to media speculation, they will talk with Dav Whatmore about the contract issue. Nothing is official yet.

Dav Whatmore hasn't invited anyone to talk with him.

Your example of Moody not expressing interest to coach any test playing country is completely childish. A coach is a professional, expressing interest to take another job should be treated in the same way, whether it's another test playing country, associate country or a province.

India is the prospective employer of Dav Whatmore and they will definitely talk with him. It's BCB who requested Dav to take the charge for the India series. It's a co-incidence, you cannot blame Dav for that.

Dav's contribution is way greater than Greenidge's contribution for Bangladesh. your attempt to measure them in the same scale is lack of understanding of our progress.

Anyway, no one is perfect and Dav has got something wrong but we are making a mess out of it and IMO, BCB is the main guilty party here.

We should say good bye to Dav with a good spirit for his contribution. We always make muddle before saying good bye, we did it for Greenidge and now we are very keen to repeat the same for Whatmore.
Old May 18, 2007, 12:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I am at a total awe at this remark of yours. Are you sincerely saying that Bangladesh was not a good place for him and India is a better place for him?
If a place where a fan physically assaults the coach is a better place then maybe you are right.

However, I strongly protest your belittling what limited resource Bangladesh has. BTW, Dav Whatmore was paid quite handsomly even in international standards.
So what MR. Dudia when he was BCB CEO.

With best regards,
Old May 18, 2007, 12:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Please abide by the rules and regulation of the forum and listen to the moderator as request have been made not to infiltrate or infuse chaos by bashing 'anyone' 's own interest. If you talking about 'professionalism' accept the changes that can occur within your 'professional organization'. Enjoy the Friday and move on to next exciting thread.
My 2 cents.
Old May 18, 2007, 12:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTazim
This is where we lack to act as a "professional organization" and may fail to protect our interest and people take advantage. This is where we must put our foot down.
"this" is not where we should try to use (abuse) our power. Sometimes not protecting our interest works as a goodwill in the long run. I certainly don't want BCB act like the Almighty BCCI when it comes to dealing with people (human beings).

When you are in "Love" you must set it free. If is comes back to you then it is yours to keep. If someone don't want to stay there is no point trying to make him stay or make his life difficult. All these negative comments don't help.
Old May 18, 2007, 12:25 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTazim
I am at a total awe at this remark of yours. Are you sincerely saying that Bangladesh was not a good place for him and India is a better place for him?
If a place where a fan physically assaults the coach is a better place then maybe you are right.

However, I strongly protest your belittling what limited resource Bangladesh has. BTW, Dav Whatmore was paid quite handsomly even in international standards.
So what MR. Dudia when he was BCB CEO.

With best regards,
Now your lack of understanding is crystal clear to me.

Look what I have said.

Quote:
Anyone with some understanding in English will understand the meaning of my words.
For your clarification.
I meant before leaving, Dav has lifted Bangladesh to a better level compared to the time when he took the charge of Bangladesh.

I have not said a single word about India a better place compared to Bangladesh.
You are messing it up mate!.
Old May 19, 2007, 04:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

Whats wrong if Dav leaves BCB for BCCI beacuse he is paid more...
Money is not an evil thing guys...Am sure most of us would love to jump jobs to other competing companies given a good hike..
Ppl talking abt ethics here may just be trying to look like gentlemen.
Old May 19, 2007, 07:12 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Best wishes to Dav. Thanks for all your contribution.

Daily Star said something about shortlisting our next coach's name - first is former coach John Wright of India, second is the guy (can't remember his name) who has been deputy to John Buchanan of Australia, and the number three in the list is Richard McInnes. Perhaps there's another thread about this?
Old May 19, 2007, 07:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
..cuz of his unprofessionalism..
If he his not professional then who else?? Then "unprofessionalism" will be professional.
Old May 19, 2007, 11:11 PM
Cricket Legend

From CI:
Paper round-up
The Kolkata-based daily Telegraph is running a rather interesting item. Gossip. Ah! I see you getting really interested. "Somebody known to The Telegraph called Dav Whatmore around 7 pm on Saturday at the Peninsula Hotel. Without waiting for the caller to speak, Bangladesh's outgoing coach chirpily said "hello Niranjan..." He'd assumed the caller was Niranjan Shah, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary!" Whatmore quickly recovered, but let the proverbial cat out of the bag, strongly indicating that a line of communication had been established between him and the BCCI."

Poor Dave dhora khaise

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ