facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 18, 2007, 12:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Test-01 Reaction: To BAT very very well needs to be BD’s goal for the whole series vs. IND

From what I read in the media about Bashar’s view on BD’s chances against India, I felt that while resuming their Test match sessions again, BD team is fairly confused as to how to approach the game as a whole. Bangladesh’s Test match records also have not been anything remarkable before they went to hibernation. So its fairly expected that the whole team (not just the Captain) will have need some time to re-adjust to Test matches.

However, after watching the behavior of the CTG pitch on first day, the first thing that comes to my mind is that these two Test matches are not going to have much to offer for the BD bowlers.Firstly, because of the pitches and secondly, india having enough experience with the bat to be patient. These two matches will almost be solely the Batsmen’s games and that’s where BD has to do the real hard work.

The team will play 4 innings in total. What they should immediately target, is to put up very composed and gritty batting performances in all those 4 innings. They should target to cross 450 in both first innings of both tests and likewise, score something between 350-400 in both of the second innings. With players like Ashraful, Bashar, SN, Rajin, Saqib, JO... I wouldn’t say it is an absurd ask.

Here are the possible outcomes in simple words:

India bat well + BD bat poorly = Sure losses in both games.

India bat well + BD bat Well (700+ runs in 2 innings)= Atleast 1 Drawn match is a possibility.

About a Test Win: Well... in that case BD has to both BAT well and BOWL+FIELD superbly. That is not impossible but probably going to be a tough ask.

Well... that what I want from the series: Want them to come out of the series with huge batting successes.

Old May 18, 2007, 12:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

BD is well capable of batting well but since its their first outing in test match for 13 months i dont know how they would approach the batting.
Old May 18, 2007, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Test win will only come if we can bat first in this sort of a wicket. Otherwise a win in this sort of pitches will require an Australia like display. I think we are very well capable of drawing this test match. Our target in this test should now be individual records. Each batsman should aim to hit a century and ashraful should aim for a double or a triple. This is a good opportunity for such feats. The pitch is helpdul for batters and the opposition bowling is ordinary.
Old May 18, 2007, 01:13 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B

The team will play 4 innings in total. What they should immediately target, is to put up very composed and gritty batting performances in all those 4 innings. They should target to cross 450 in both first innings of both tests and likewise, score something between 350-400 in both of the second innings. With players like Ashraful, Bashar, SN, Rajin, Saqib, JO... I wouldn’t say it is an absurd ask.
You're asking for too much. Scoring over 300 in 2nd innings is hard for ANY team, particularly if the pitch is taking spin. Plus, the pressure of chasing is too much. Well, maybe BD team can do it but no way could India do it if they had to chase 350-400 on 4th and 5th day on this pitch.

Wht BD has to do, batting second, is to make sure their first innings goes on till end of 3rd day. That will bring a draw into the equation if needed.
Old May 18, 2007, 01:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

BD scoring 700+ runs in 2 innings is not really an impossible task. If they make it slow (read 'patient') enough... draws are possible.
And wins? Well... lets just wait and see.
Old May 18, 2007, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Javed Omar er upor shob bhorosha
Old May 19, 2007, 11:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Javed Omar er upor shob bhorosha
But isnt he recently busy hitting bounderies to prove his worth in ODIs?

Jokes aside... top 6 batsmen of the team really needs to install little 'bit of JO' in themselves to stand any chance.
(and i better hide after saying that... )
Old May 19, 2007, 11:36 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I wish mushy was there instead of Pilot. Our batting line up would look so much like a test side.
Old May 19, 2007, 02:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Line up is still good. Patience will pay. If Ash and Saqib can partner through and create history...fingers crossed.
Old May 19, 2007, 10:35 PM
Banned

Look At Shahadat After Getting Tendulkar's Wicket ... He Is Half Naked?..some One Should Get Him A Diaper, By Chance, He Gets Another Wicket
Old May 19, 2007, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonali123
You're asking for too much. Scoring over 300 in 2nd innings is hard for ANY team, particularly if the pitch is taking spin. Plus, the pressure of chasing is too much. Well, maybe BD team can do it but no way could India do it if they had to chase 350-400 on 4th and 5th day on this pitch.

Wht BD has to do, batting second, is to make sure their first innings goes on till end of 3rd day. That will bring a draw into the equation if needed.
Awesome...thats the most absurd statement i have heard since...well since i visited the forum last time..quotes like these make be come back to forum regularly
Old May 19, 2007, 11:21 PM
Banned

don't worry, its raining, BD doesn't have to do anything to make the draw. it would be very difficult for IND to out 10 salimullah within less than 2 days.. bashar is singing, "SRABANER MEGH GULO JARO HOLO AKASHE... AJ KENO MON UDASHI HOYE DUR AJANA-I JAI HARIYE..."
Old May 20, 2007, 05:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Annie : nah =) He was just jumping in joy.. and his tshirt flew too.. He has soo many common things with Sharapova.. He grunts..She grunts.. His shirt flies while celebrating,bowling..Sharapova's top flies when she serves.