facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 10, 2007, 01:25 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Pakistan express interest in Whatmore

From Cricinfo,
Quote:
PCB on the look out for Woolmer's successor
Pakistan express interest in Whatmore
Cricinfo staff
May 10, 2007

Dav Whatmore could be in line for the Pakistan coaching job © AFP

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is interested in snapping up Dav Whatmore as the next coach for their national team and is involved in discussions with him.
Nasim Ashraf, the PCB chairman, told reporters in Islamabad that the board had been in contact with Whatmore for the post but that nothing had been finalised as of now. "The PCB is in contact with Whatmore. Our negotiations are continuing and whenever something is finalised, it will promptly be made public."
Ashraf added that Whatmore had talked to Pakistan officials and expressed interest in the post. Whatmore, who is due to end his tenure with Bangladesh after the current series against India, also acknowledged recently that the PCB had been in touch, though he stressed that it was a very preliminary contact.
Speaking to BBC, before the start of the India series, Whatmore said, "I have not been formally approached by the Pakistan Cricket Board. Somebody spoke to me on their behalf during the World Cup asking for my contact details but I have not heard from them since."
Pakistan have been looking for a new coach since the death of Bob Woolmer during the World Cup in March. They recently posted an ad on their site asking for applications for the coaching position to be sent in and are keen to have the new man in place by July 1st.
Pakistan were in contact with John Wright, the former India coach, last year though that situation has not developed any further at this point. Among local candidates, Aaqib Javed, the former Test fast bowler, is seen as a serious contender.
My only concern is his safety. I hope everything will be fine and he will lift Pakistan team.

Old May 10, 2007, 01:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i wish john wright is BD coach. india and pak should fight over whatmore
Old May 10, 2007, 01:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

It's a pity that whatmore is leaving Bangladesh when we are a team on the up
Old May 10, 2007, 02:09 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Well........like Miraz bhayya, I hope that Whatmore is safe and hope he doesnt get killed because it will be an even greater loss to the world of cricket considering that he has lifted two countries from shambles to Glory!
Old May 10, 2007, 05:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default Pakistan keen on coach Whatmore

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cric...an/6641775.stm
Pakistan keen on coach Whatmore

Whatmore has plenty of experience with Sri Lanka and Bangladesh
Pakistan have confirmed their interest in recruiting Australian Dav Whatmore to replace the late Bob Woolmer as coach of the national team.
Whatmore will leave his current post with Bangladesh at the end of their current home series against India.

And Pakistan diretor of cricket operations Zakir Khan confirmed: "We are interested in hiring him.

"The thing is we have to see if he is ready to accept any final offer we make to him."

Whatmore has extensive international coaching experience, having had two spells in charge of Sri Lanka, during which he guided them to victory at the 1996 World Cup, before taking charge of Bangladesh four years ago.

606: DEBATE
Dav Whatmore is a great coach with a proven track record

FT

He recently expressed an interest in becoming India's next coach following the recent resignation of Greg Chappell, but would also be attracted by the challenge of reviving Pakistan's fortunes following their first round exit from the recent World Cup.

"I can't afford to stay unemployed for too long," he said last week.

The 53-year-old indicated, however, that he was unlikely to submit a formal application for any post, adding: "I have not been lobbying. I don't go promoting myself."

Pakistan will play a three-match limited over series against Sri Lanka later this month, with team manager Talat Ali doubling up as acting coach.

But they want a full-time replacement for Woolmer, who was murdered at the team hotel in Jamaica during the World Cup, in place by the beginning of July.

The job has already attracted interest from a number of foreign coaches.

"We have got applications from England, West Indies and Australia," said Khan.

Yor thoughts...

(Mods
Please Delete or Merge if there is a thread similar to this...Or move to International if you feel it is appropriate..)
Old May 10, 2007, 03:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Pakistan keen on coach Whatmore

Quote:
Pakistan have confirmed their interest in recruiting Australian Dav Whatmore to replace the late Bob Woolmer as coach of the national team.

Whatmore will leave his current post with Bangladesh at the end of their current home series against India.

And Pakistan diretor of cricket operations Zakir Khan confirmed: "We are interested in hiring him.

"The thing is we have to see if he is ready to accept any final offer we make to him."
Source: BBC
Old May 12, 2007, 06:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sami, Afridi, Asif, Shoby

oh God i wanted to hav a local coach

PAKISTAN
Old May 13, 2007, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Given how Woolmer ended up, I would rethink this decision if I were Whatmore. Having a 5 man security around me will be my key demand when negotiating. Thats if I were him.

Wasn't the Indians going to hire him? Damn these 2 countries compete for everything. First the nukes now Whatmore. But given both countries cricket is in total disarray, both needs a genious like Whatmore badly.
Old May 13, 2007, 09:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

RIP DAV WHATMORE...
( in advance guys...)...
i mean after all...he is going to a land where they kill thier coach....
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 13, 2007, 01:47 PM
Club Cricketer

i must say stupid comments
have you read the news?
scotland yard says that woolmer died of HEART ATTACK!!!
so stop bullshitting, thanks!
Old May 13, 2007, 06:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakwalajinn
i must say stupid comments
have you read the news?
scotland yard says that woolmer died of HEART ATTACK!!!
so stop bullshitting, thanks!
Care to cite your news? I have been hearing load of stuff about snake poisoning and strangulation. The report of heart attack was dismissed in less than 5 days. Get ur facts right before posting.
Old May 14, 2007, 12:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

its true.. there has been a report i read that is was heart failure... but do we believe it? I dunno.. if it was that simple surely they could have worked that one out quick... or maybe its a lost case and they want it wrapped up?! who knows...
Old May 14, 2007, 02:17 AM

yayy... so now they claim someone else sent his resignation email. [the drama continues...]
Old May 14, 2007, 05:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Care to cite your news? I have been hearing load of stuff about snake poisoning and strangulation. The report of heart attack was dismissed in less than 5 days. Get ur facts right before posting.
I read yesterday that he died of a hearth attack. Scotland Yard said that.
The Jamican Police are n00bs!
So he might have been killed, but it is not confirmed!
So I would be careful saying stuff about hs death, which might not be true at all.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Being an Indian, let em tell you that we don't need Whatmore. I'll be rather upset if he gets selected.

I wonder if Tugga is available. Or Ravi Shastri can change his mind and be the Coach.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sami, Afridi, Asif, Shoby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
how dare you to say paki ppl killed him !!! they all luv him , stupid pplz.....if u dont kno anyting then plz shut ur mouth

PAKISTAN
Old May 14, 2007, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pak_rox
how dare you to say paki ppl killed him !!! they all luv him , stupid pplz.....if u dont kno anyting then plz shut ur mouth
Get a life. Where did I say Paki people killed him? Who else will kill him anyway? Chinese ? ..lol..
Old May 14, 2007, 11:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Yeap... there should be 4 human and a unicorn present as witnesses before you can bring in a murder complain. Alien I know you are new to this planet, so please update yourself to country specific laws.
Old May 14, 2007, 11:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

"Thakur ghore kere???? Ami to Kola khaini"
Old May 14, 2007, 09:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
Being an Indian, let em tell you that we don't need Whatmore. I'll be rather upset if he gets selected.

I wonder if Tugga is available. Or Ravi Shastri can change his mind and be the Coach.
curious why u think this... please explain ur thoughts...
Old May 15, 2007, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra

I actually think Shastri would make a very good coach for India. For team India, he may be a better option than Steve Waugh.
Old May 16, 2007, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by radagast
Yeap... there should be 4 human and a unicorn present as witnesses before you can bring in a murder complain. Alien I know you are new to this planet, so please update yourself to country specific laws.
Oh sorry. As you can see Mr. Law-Abiding-Citizen, I come from a very lawless planet, so please excuse my ignorance and perhaps we can head to Harvard where you can lecture me on law? Sounds like a plan?

Freak.
Old May 17, 2007, 08:33 PM
Club Cricketer

I know its #$*(#&*$( insane to say he was killed. he died natural death. ask ur daddys from Enlannd or Scotland. Don't ask from ur neighbour daddy's (India)
Old May 18, 2007, 01:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Alien Do you understand sarcasm? Read my post then try to find some article on Pakistan’s policy on rape victims. You might find a parallel, oh wait, am I putting too much faith on your interpretation/search ability? Let me provide you with a quote and a link. See the parallel with the witness and all?

Quote:
Until now rape cases were dealt with in Sharia courts. Victims had to have four male witnesses to the crime - if not they faced prosecution for adultery.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6148590.stm

next time show a little restrain before calling someone Freak.

And its Ms. Law-Abiding-Citizen to you.
Old May 19, 2007, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by radagast
Alien Do you understand sarcasm? Read my post then try to find some article on Pakistan’s policy on rape victims. You might find a parallel, oh wait, am I putting too much faith on your interpretation/search ability? Let me provide you with a quote and a link. See the parallel with the witness and all?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6148590.stm

next time show a little restrain before calling someone Freak.

And its Ms. Law-Abiding-Citizen to you.
I don't see what rape victims in Pakistan have to do with Bob Woolmer being killed. That's a different issue and I am well aware of what goes on in Pakistan's sharia courts. I dont condone it either.