facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 15, 2007, 06:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Default Pipe-dreamed (without the pipe) Bangladesh Test XI 2007-2008

Batting Order: -

1. Nafis Iqbal Khan - talent, temperament - Batsman
2. Shahriar Nafis Ahmed - lack of anything better - Batsman
3. Mushfiqur Rahim - talent, temperament - Batsman/Keeper
4. Md. Ashraful Matin (Captain) - very talented, leadership - Batsman/Part-time Bowler
5. Shakib Al-Hasan (Vice- Captain) - talent, temperament, leadership - Batsman/Bowler
6. Alok Kapali - talent second only to Ash's, temperament - Strike Bowler/Batsman
7. Mashrafe Bin-Murtaza - talent, gumption - Strike Bowler/Batsman
8. Md. Rafique - talent, intelligence - Strike Bowler/Batsman
9. Enamul Haque Jr. - talent, gumption - Strike Bowler
10. Shahadat Hossein - talented but still has ways to go, gumption - Possible Strike Bowler
11. Syed Rasel - useful hard worker, delivers within his limitations, lack of anything better - Bowler

12th Man: Nadif Chaudhury - useful hard worker, delivers within his limitations, lack of anything better - Decent Batsman

Reserves: Rajin Saleh (useful hard worker, delivers within his limitations, lack of anything better) , Abdur Razzak - (talent, intelligence, will take the spot when Rafique retires - Strike Bowler/Handy with the Bat), Dhiman Ghosh (WK) - (useful hard worker, delivers within his limitations, lack of anything better - Decent Keeper/Handy with the Bat), Tapash Baisya - (useful hard worker, delivers within his limitations, lack of anything better - Bowler/Handy with the Bat).

I have 5-day draws in mind, maybe a win or two if opportunity knocks by the beginning of next year, and develop into a solid bunch by 2010. Hence no HaBas, Gollas, and fresh new mediocrities like Forhad Rezas and Mehrab Juniors in my team... (be kind)...

Last edited by Sohel; May 15, 2007 at 07:36 AM..

Old May 15, 2007, 06:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Asif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR

4. Md. Ashraful Matin (Captain) - very talented, leadership - Batsman/Part-time Bowler
5. Shakib Al-Hasan (Vice- Captain) - talent, temperament, leadership - Batsman/Bowler
6. Alok Kapali - talent second only to Ash's, temperament - Strike Bowler/Batsman
10. Shahadat Hossein - talented but still has ways to go, gumption - Possible Strike Bowler
11. Syed Rasel - useful hard worker, delivers within his limitations, lack of anything better - Bowler

12th Man: Nadif Chaudhury - useful hard worker, delivers within his limitations, lack of anything better - Decent Batsman

Reserves: Rajin Saleh (useful hard worker, delivers within his limitations, lack of anything better) , Abdur Razzak - (talent, intelligence, will take the spot when Rafique retires - Strike Bowler/Handy with the Bat), Dhiman Ghosh (WK) - (useful hard worker, delivers within his limitations, lack of anything better - Decent Keeper/Handy with the Bat), Tapash Baisya - (useful hard worker, delivers within his limitations, lack of anything better - Bowler/Handy with the Bat).

I have 5-day draws in mind, maybe a win or two if opportunity knocks by the beginning of next year, and develop into a solid bunch by 2010. Hence no HaBas, Gollas, and fresh new mediocrities like Forhad Reza's and Mehrab Juniors in my team... (be kind)...
Too many bowlers in the team. 4 spinners... we need a fast bowling all rounder.
Old May 15, 2007, 06:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin
Too many bowlers in the team. 4 spinners... we need a fast bowling all rounder.
i see your point. but i think mash can develop into that role faster than anybody else in the system...
Old May 15, 2007, 06:53 AM
Test Cricketer

I think we'd be making a big mistake if we started to regard Mortaza as anything other than a bowler who can hold a bat, or if we attempted to convert him into anything else.

I fully endorse your selection of Alok though.

Last edited by Aritro; May 15, 2007 at 07:04 AM..
Old May 15, 2007, 07:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritro
I think we'd be making a big mistake if we started to regard Mortaza as anything other than a bowler who can hold a bat, or if we attempted to convert him into anything else.
i feel your concern. i'm sure we all remember what happened to irfan pathan as he was goaded into that role a little too soon. having said that, i think mash would be able to hold his own at # 7...
Old May 15, 2007, 07:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Myself

Quote:

I think u live in different world bcos hav a look mash's bating avarage in world cup and also last ODI that might bring u to the real world.
Old May 15, 2007, 07:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS Dhoni(India)

tamim iqbal
nafis iqbal
md ashraful
sakibul hasan
rajin saleh
alok kapali
mushfiqur rahim
mashrafe mortaza
md rafique(if still there)/enamul haque
abdur razzaq
shahadat hossain/dollar mahmud
Old May 15, 2007, 07:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

I think u live in different world bcos have a look mash's bating average in world cup and also last ODI that might bring u to the real world.
Old May 15, 2007, 07:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifur81
I think u live in different world bcos have a look mash's bating average in world cup and also last ODI that might bring u to the real world.
I occupy the world where Mortaza has only ever hit one half century in 51 innings.

I also occupy the one in which he's been out 40 times despite only having to negotiate the final overs.

But your world sounds nice. Hopefully one day I'll find a plant to smoke that's strong enough for me to reach there.
Old May 15, 2007, 08:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
But your world sounds nice. Hopefully one day I'll find a plant to smoke that's strong enough for me to reach there.
mate... have some what the other guy is smoking...
then you will fly away to that new planet without any visa, planes or tickets...
how cool is that...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 15, 2007, 08:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
mate... have some what the other guy is smoking...
then you will fly away to that new planet without any visa, planes or tickets...
how cool is that...
.. oops!
Old May 15, 2007, 09:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Faltu team. Dhurrr....

Total time wasted - 2 minutes.
Old May 15, 2007, 09:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

sohel bhai,
shobi thik chilow khali #6 Alok, #11 Rasel'rey baad diye Rajin ar Mehrab Jr. include korley khub khushi hoitam. Test'a batting strong na hoiley 400 kortey parbey na. Tail khubi najuk. Mehrab Jr. and Rajin can give you enough overs and their fielding are better than the two getting axed combined.
Old May 15, 2007, 10:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
I occupy the world where Mortaza has only ever hit one half century in 51 innings.

I also occupy the one in which he's been out 40 times despite only having to negotiate the final overs.

He is bowler cum batsmen so he doesn't need score 50 in every match, his contribution in lower order has been appreciated through out world and i believe if he gets proper guidance on bating he will be our Flintoff. 2nd ODI against India 5 Six's 4 in one over don't Know how can u say he can't hold the bat properly. Mashrafe Mortaza c V Sehwag b Yuvraj Singh 42 run 22 ball 1four 5six
Old May 15, 2007, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
i see your point. but i think mash can develop into that role faster than anybody else in the system...
I would caution against putting too much pressure on Mashrafe to do better with the bat. We don't want to risk his bowling performance for anything, a la Irfan Pathan.
Old May 15, 2007, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Alok kapali !!!! It seems more like a nightmare than a pipe dream to me. HOly **** !!!! Alok kapali !!!!! This guy has not done anything to even come hundred miles near the squad.
Old May 15, 2007, 12:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

i see all the old players.. we need new players.. new talents.... alok er hawa sesh...

raqibul hasan,, jahirul, and some others we need for test...
Old May 15, 2007, 09:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifur81
He is bowler cum batsmen so he doesn't need score 50 in every match, his contribution in lower order has been appreciated through out world and i believe if he gets proper guidance on bating he will be our Flintoff. 2nd ODI against India 5 Six's 4 in one over don't Know how can u say he can't hold the bat properly. Mashrafe Mortaza c V Sehwag b Yuvraj Singh 42 run 22 ball 1four 5six
Except that I said he CAN hold the bat properly.

Take your pick.
Old May 15, 2007, 09:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahid
Faltu team. Dhurrr....

Total time wasted - 2 minutes.
Seeing you in agony - priceless
Old May 16, 2007, 03:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

tame middle order. I would include Tusher Imran. he needs justice to his talent. can play long innings scored doubl hundred oversease. Dont throw Bashar out he can play test another 1/2 years. look at his experience man! Mehrab Jr. 's ability to implement, i doubt. Rasel not fit for test at all, sorry. more paceman needed sahadat and doller (wht do u think bout him?)
Nice try to open dors to think. lol
Old May 16, 2007, 04:42 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:

I have 5-day draws in mind, maybe a win or two if opportunity knocks by the beginning of next year, and develop into a solid bunch by 2010. Hence no HaBas, Gollas, and fresh new mediocrities like Forhad Rezas and Mehrab Juniors in my team... (be kind)...
S. NAFEES
R. SALEH ( no way GOLLA)
H.BASHAR
S.HASSAN
M.ASHRAFUL
T.EMRAN ( I still love aftab, he should play caz he is not in squad dats y tushar)
M.RAHIM (may be pilot will play, but mushfiq much better ....)
M.MORTUZA
M.RAFIQ
E.HUQ
S.HOSSAIN
Old May 16, 2007, 04:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
tame middle order. I would include Tusher Imran. he needs justice to his talent. can play long innings scored doubl hundred oversease. Dont throw Bashar out he can play test another 1/2 years. look at his experience man! Mehrab Jr. 's ability to implement, i doubt. Rasel not fit for test at all, sorry. more paceman needed sahadat and doller (wht do u think bout him?)
Nice try to open dors to think. lol
alok will meet our expectations this time around and make the middle order stronger than it looks. i'll bet on that. talent, temperament, technique and youth are on his side. for a bowler to become a good batsman without adequate structural support is tough to do. he has done just that...

i think tushar's still living off of that double hundred. granted, an equity like that has it's benefits, but he hasn't looked more than the stylish 30-run player he has shown himself to be over the last three years. maybe he can do well against lesser teams like zimbabwe, a-la shahriar nafees, but i doubt that he's actually anything other than our wishful thinking. nadif chaudhury plays like bashar, but his superior intelligence and a tighter grip on compulsions and other bad habits in the middle make him more reliable. i'd rather ease him into the process than subject the country to more of HaBa... but then again... maybe you're right...

rasel, however unglamorous he may be, will improve every year despite his limitations, and continue to surprise us in a positive way. dollar's a definite prospect if he continues to play more 4-day cricket. i think younger players - unless really talented like ash, mash, shakzie, the iqbal brothers, enamul haque jr, and i dare say, junaid siddique - should be brought into the national limelight after playing a predetermined number of 1-day and 4-day domestic cricket with separate, predetermined performance standards for each form of the game. if they measure up according to those standards, they should debut first) in bd-a, and second) in a watered-down national squad playing the likes of zimbabwe, kenya and good associate sides like ireland, scotland and holland. they should be drafted into the national side the only after proving themselves there...
Old May 16, 2007, 09:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Tuser could captain looserXI of Bangladesh. The other confirmed member is Alok. These two should be declared persona non grata. They got enough opportunity to prove themselve. On a second thought, HB should be declared the non-playing captain of this lot. He does not know what is winning mentality
Old May 16, 2007, 09:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
Tuser could captain looserXI of Bangladesh. The other confirmed member is Alok. These two should be declared persona non grata. They got enough opportunity to prove themselve. On a second thought, HB should be declared the non-playing captain of this lot. He does not know what is winning mentality
Alok is still one of the most talented players in Bangladesh, and has youth on his side.

Tushar Imran, on the other hand, has huge technical deficiencies and I can't see him ever being an international class player.
Old May 16, 2007, 11:46 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanath Jayasuriya, Shakib

Quote:

whatever happened to Alok-the talented allrounder (as it was said)...Is he performing in domestics-anyone know?