facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 15, 2007, 09:34 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanath Jayasuriya, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
That dude barely touched 140 KpH. His consistency was in the 120s, with some touching 130s. Or did we watch different games ? Rajib is still too flashy, and controlling himself is the very first thing he should work on. I was rather surprised to see that he still hasnt made any considerable improvement.
We need rajib to improve, but it will be gradual-due to south asian conditions...Bng should seriously consider 3 pacers each game....Mortaza, Rajib, Rasel; and Raj and Rafique will spin..

Old May 15, 2007, 11:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
That dude barely touched 140 KpH. His consistency was in the 120s, with some touching 130s. Or did we watch different games ? Rajib is still too flashy, and controlling himself is the very first thing he should work on. I was rather surprised to see that he still hasnt made any considerable improvement.
we were watching different games, or at least different bowlers. rajib is the tall right arm pacer not named mashrafee (#59 )

here is a highlight reel of rajib bowling: http://www.crickethighlights.info/20...ll-highlights/

here are some rajib speeds (i'll do as many as my patience allows, you'll get the picture):

130 k

and they also show his speed analysis:

fastest: 139.9 k
slowest: 122.7 k
average: was 130.8 or something

as you can see during one particular over to yuvy he was consistently in the 137-138 range. the 120s you saw were slower balls

check it out for yourselves.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 15, 2007, 11:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
nope...his fastest delivery at least thats on the hilights was 139.9 = 87 mph

mash was faster, no doubt, but only by a half yard, or a yard at most.
I think his new more side-on action is costing him some pace while helping him get some outswing. Hopefully once he gets accustomed to it, the pace'll return.
Old May 15, 2007, 11:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Asaad bhai, not to argue with you... But Rajib touching 140 (which he didnt in any of the speeds you mentioned) should not be a factor to base any assessment upon. He IS supposed to be our fastest, our 140 K bowler, but he hasnt lived upto that. He has the electrifying stuff to make a star paceman, but he barely puts it into effect. I know this can be said for our entire team, but Rajib's case is different. His show-off type bowling wont do any good to anyone, except the opposing batsmen.
Old May 16, 2007, 02:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

i'd give ash a B-. 1st ODI: he had to take his chances thanks to golla's love of dot balls. 2nd ODI: being bamboozled by piyush chawla's dipping googlie happened to tendy also.

Last edited by Sohel; May 16, 2007 at 02:12 PM..
Old May 16, 2007, 02:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by real123
Do not agree with you at all. this 43 in 80+ balls did not make anything good for the team, instead made it worse.

I would also give a lower grade to JO. His strike rate is pathetic and whenever he play the team looses rythm.
ditto. HaBa= NO+ (not observed)/ Golla= C- (thanks for nothing mr. 52% ODI strike rate!!!)...

... great post al Furqaan, deserves to be a permanent feature... bravo
Old May 16, 2007, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
In the second one, he never intended to serve anyone else's interest but his own. He put aside our only chance to even the series for his own. He should be punished doubly for that innings alone.
Id agree with anything (Thats why I said Maybe id give him a D-), but not that. Like another poster mentioned, Bashar was trying his best to hit the balls. He just wasnt good enough. In fact, in many ways he was trying to hit too much. And I had taken the fact that he took a long time to score as well. The Bangladesh side was tottering at 92-5, i dont think an innings with a strike rate of around 50 harms it too much. He wasnt the one who should be used as the scapegoat for that match, the top order should. Would ANYONE want to hit at a time like that and risk being 6 down? Mind you, a grade of D- is no great grade. But giving him an F is just letting your anger at his less recent performances get in the way of things..

Last edited by Farhad; May 16, 2007 at 05:46 PM..
Old May 16, 2007, 06:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Asaad bhai, not to argue with you... But Rajib touching 140 (which he didnt in any of the speeds you mentioned) should not be a factor to base any assessment upon. He IS supposed to be our fastest, our 140 K bowler, but he hasnt lived upto that. He has the electrifying stuff to make a star paceman, but he barely puts it into effect. I know this can be said for our entire team, but Rajib's case is different. His show-off type bowling wont do any good to anyone, except the opposing batsmen.
i know u aren't trying to argue for the sake or argument, or trying to bring rajib down...but it clearly shows his bowling speed as 139.9 k as his fastest delivery. i have also seen him bowl that pace in zimbabwe home series on chanell i.

trust me, as a pace-aholic, rajib can clock 140 at will.

the question isn't his pace. mashrafee can clock 145 at will, but has shown with other things 130-135 is enough at international level.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 16, 2007, 06:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
it clearly shows his bowling speed as 139.9 k as his fastest delivery. i have also seen him bowl that pace in zimbabwe home series on chanell i.

trust me, as a pace-aholic, rajib can clock 140 at will.

the question isn't his pace. mashrafee can clock 145 at will, but has shown with other things 130-135 is enough at international level.

oh yes, rajib can bowl in the 140s and there's no denying that. I've seen almost all his ODIs live. All I am asking from him is that he makes the 140s his norm, since that's how he is supposed to be. Mashrafee is a different bowler than him, and we are better off not to compare the two. Yes Rajib's change of action is a factor here, but bottom line : he has the stuff, and he should get going with that, instead of being unnecessarily flashy in the middle.
Old May 16, 2007, 07:53 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful

well bowling half volleys and short pitches at 140s !! phew!! u guys r not praising that young fella are you? i reckon his performance is far away from international level. his bowling remind me those days when we used to play ICC trophy!! phew!! it seems he does not have the temperament for this level. To be honest with u guys I am really worried abt our seam bowling since this razib hasnt showed any sign of improvement!! and there is no back up bowlers!! think abt it!
Old May 16, 2007, 08:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Bashar should get F-.. F is too good for him....
Razzak C+ as he was playing 2nd match with fever as was ashraful

hey rajib wasn't bowling at 140 k.. i saw him bowling at 74-83 miles per hr.. that means...120-135k.. hes much slower than Mash.. don't know why every1 call him the fastest bowler in our team..
My feeling's exactly. I've been wondering about this for a while.
Old May 17, 2007, 01:21 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by coverdrive
well bowling half volleys and short pitches at 140s !! phew!! u guys r not praising that young fella are you? i reckon his performance is far away from international level. his bowling remind me those days when we used to play ICC trophy!! phew!! it seems he does not have the temperament for this level. To be honest with u guys I am really worried abt our seam bowling since this razib hasnt showed any sign of improvement!! and there is no back up bowlers!! think abt it!
Whatever happened to our pacer hunt scheme?
Old May 17, 2007, 02:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD4eva
Agree with everything. Except maybe Id give Habib a D-. He got a 43 in the second match, but too slowly...
Actually, if not from other stuffs, this 43 (SR45%) ensures his F.
He played all for himself.
Old May 17, 2007, 03:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Master Blaster

musy can have B- and bashar can have D-. There is no point of failing a player after that performance. lolzz
Old May 17, 2007, 04:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

nice explaination, Bashar rey F er kom kisu deya jai na ?
Old May 17, 2007, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Actually, that 43 should uplift Bashar's grade to a F--(F minus minus). He showed extreme selfishness to put a score by his name, other than a zero. In the first ODI, he came at number 3 for the same purpose, killed that match. In the second one, he never intended to serve anyone else's interest but his own. He put aside our only chance to even the series for his own. He should be punished doubly for that innings alone.

This was no practice match, but he used it for that purpose. I can't blame JO for his out, it was a great catch. Tamim's out was also unfortunate, but he showed a drive to chase the total. Bashar's mindframe, once again, slaughtered our dreams.
Thats why Bashar should not be a captain, EVER. Now he will ruin the test matches too.