facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 17, 2007, 03:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Master Blaster

thats good. bhaloi hoise.

Bangladesher choto bhai hoite hoilo India ke. amader fele dewa coach ekhon oderke sekhai. lolzz. thats a shame.

Old May 17, 2007, 04:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

T_T Dav might ruin his hard earned respect..
I hope they dont treat Dav as they treated Chappel..when india did bad.. hitting in public? bla bla..
Old May 17, 2007, 05:43 AM
Cricket Guru

well it looks lyk india will be happy. (they might even throw a party 4 this) so now that india has a coach and r living happily eva after......

where's our coach??? we cant stay coachless for eva
Old May 17, 2007, 12:07 PM
Club Cricketer

Dav please take care for BD in this 2 tests

Coching Tips from me: Ashraful just play your Aggresive Game
Old May 17, 2007, 01:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Bulbul ( past), Ash, Mash

john gloster, dav whtmore everybody is going to india only!!!
Old May 17, 2007, 01:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,Mushi &Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
well it looks lyk india will be happy. (they might even throw a party 4 this) so now that india has a coach and r living happily eva after......

where's our coach??? we cant stay coachless for eva
hahha a party lolz and we'll be sad and not be invited to their party.How rudeness lolz.Soz goin a bit a mad these dayz.
Old May 17, 2007, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped
i dont know what espn has said but nothing is confirmed and nothing is set to sign for any date...
Finally some confirmation that no deal has been signed yet. If anything happens, then we would like to hear from you first
Old May 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
absolutely... well put. indian cricket has always been a victim of his own media hype, and unlike the yankees, they haven't won anything substantial in ages, especially outside india. dav's got some hard times ahead of him. lankans and bangladeshis never cross the line indians do on a regular basis...
Soon you’ll realize how easy it was to coach SL or BD!.........................you can’t make a broken car run faster by replacing the tires!
Old May 17, 2007, 01:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
try it with Shewag. At least I have hope in 5 years Aftab will learn. Can't say that about Shewag.

What about Dhoni? even a bowler could score runs (get singles) with that field placement.

I totally agree with Fazal. In one year time India can't get up the ladder (ranking) no matter how many games they play.
Superbly said, and Dav is seriously going to degrade his reputation he earned after coaching Bangladesh and Sri Lanka if he accepts the indian offer.
Old May 17, 2007, 01:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by israr
Superbly said, and Dav is seriously going to degrade his reputation he earned after coaching Bangladesh and Sri Lanka if he accepts the indian offer.
welll he wiill earn lot of money.. 2/3 times of money he earned from BCB or maybe more

you know.. money is everything.. takar jonno shob bishorjon dite raji achi....(one example our own BAshar)
Old May 17, 2007, 01:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,Mushi &Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
welll he wiill earn lot of money.. 2/3 times of money he earned from BCB or maybe more

you know.. money is everything.. takar jonno shob bishorjon dite raji achi....(one example our own BAshar)
ye true.
Old May 17, 2007, 02:02 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sami, Afridi, Asif, Shoby

shukar yaar IM SOO HAPPY ABOUT IT
Itz good for India , good for Whatmore ,good for Aqib Javed and good for Pakistan

PAKISTAN
Old May 17, 2007, 02:55 PM
Cricket Sage

seems like dav whatmore will face more controversy. BCB don't wanna see him interviewed by BCCI during the test series as hes on contract with BCB for this series. He's supposed to meet them on May 19th.. 2nd day of 1st test..

Whatmore is not being professional these days.. Only because of that he wasn't considered Sri Lanka's coach after taking them to that level of cricket. And same thing happened with Bangladesh before his 2 yr contract ended and after another 2 yr contract ended..

Shamokal Article About It
Old May 17, 2007, 05:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
seems like dav whatmore will face more controversy. BCB don't wanna see him interviewed by BCCI during the test series as hes on contract with BCB for this series. He's supposed to meet them on May 19th.. 2nd day of 1st test..

Whatmore is not being professional these days.. Only because of that he wasn't considered Sri Lanka's coach after taking them to that level of cricket. And same thing happened with Bangladesh before his 2 yr contract ended and after another 2 yr contract ended..

Shamokal Article About It
Your kidding right?! He does not want to go back to sri lanka so why would he be upset that he was not considered!? And you dont know the story of when his first 2 yr contract was up.. so i suggest u zip it! Know your facts before u talk please.

and for all u out there that did not hear me the first time....
IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY... MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Old May 17, 2007, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Bangladesh Cricket Board Not To Allow BCCI Chief Sharad Pawar And ...
Cricket World Cup Latest - London,Greater London,UK
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) said on Thursday that it would not allow its coach Dave Whatmore to speak with the Indian cricket board officials during ...
See all stories on this topic
Old May 17, 2007, 06:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I think it is not right for Dav to meet Indian officials during the test series that openly. I mean,,do you really have to have 6 officials come and meet him physically? Heck, dont they have conference calls/VTCs in India? Also, I agree that its not about money. BCB has TONS of money and it was Dav that didnt want to renew the contract,, he probably wouldve gotten equally compensated as India. Dont think BCB is poor any more with the ICC/Nimbus/Grameen/Bangla Link/Aktel deals,,, they have huge reserve of cash.
I for one thought, after 4-5 years every coach should change jobs. It gives them new perspectives, new stamina and gives the team to work on things that were overlooked by coaches. Amarnath/Greenidge improved the batting, Trevor the fielding, Dav the strategy, mindset,, and the next coach ( McInnes,is it?) may work on something else.. So let Dav move on with honor he deserves. But he should also be mindful of the sentiment and not get into contract negotiations with India openly in front of millions of fans..
Old May 17, 2007, 06:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Bangladesh Cricket Board Not To Allow BCCI Chief Sharad Pawar And ...
Cricket World Cup Latest - London,Greater London,UK
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) said on Thursday that it would not allow its coach Dave Whatmore to speak with the Indian cricket board officials during ...
See all stories on this topic
is that possible? i dont think anybody can be stopped to give interview once he has already resigned.bcb is acting childish.they would have to finally succumb to indian political pressure.man sharad pawar is too powerful a man to be dealt with and he is right hand of sonia gandhi.
Old May 17, 2007, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

I think i agree with syzygy. All this is gonna do is make the relationship even more strained....
Old May 17, 2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

Exclamation No Surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
No surprises there. He stayed back for another month to be with us knowing India is coming to play us. Who would pass up face to face chances/interviews with your future employer given the opportunity? We need to quickly forget him and concentrate on finding our next coach.
HEY dude that's agood point, i never thought of that!!!!!
Forget that Dav, [edit] sorry i m really pest off, really mad..
this his his 2nd time he gave Interview to indians about coaching...
ALSO i heard he put pressure on ASH couple of years ago and kicked him out of the team
now puting pressure on S.N.

I THINK HE SHOULD JUST LEAVE< AND BD SHOULD FIND NEW COACH, AND SHOW HIM
BY DOING EVEN BETTER>>>>>>>>>>>>

READ ITTAFUQ bangla news PAPER, BD reports
told Dravid that Congratulations, r u HAPPY. or
something like that!!!!!! ALSO GO TO CRICKETNEXT.COM
and it will show that he is giving a interview with them.......

Last edited by Ehsan; May 17, 2007 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: mod.content
Old May 17, 2007, 07:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000000
HEY dude that's agood point, i never thought of that!!!!!
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/im...milies/mad.gif
Forget that Dav, [].sorry i m really pest off, really mad..
this his his 2nd time he gave Interview to indians about coaching...
ALSO i heard he put pressure on ASH couple of years ago and kicked him out of the team
now puting pressure on S.N.

I THINK HE SHOULD JUST LEAVE< AND BD SHOULD FIND NEW COACH, AND SHOW HIM
BY DOING EVEN BETTER>>>>>>>>>>>>
Have u thought that maybe he wanted to do the right thing as the tour was straight after the world cup.. if he left then yall would be sayin he left us in the lurch... we lost cos we did not have a coach... and HE HAS NOT HAD A FREAKIN INTERVIEW FOR THE INDIAN JOB TO DATE... and dont call him an *** hole.. u know nothing about whats going on... u dont know him or his relationship with the cricketers so ZIP IT UP!!!!
Old May 17, 2007, 07:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Consider this as a warning. Stop using profanatory words, link emoticons, overwhelming font sizes and colored fonts.

Ehsan
- Mod
Old May 17, 2007, 07:59 PM
Cricket Legend

This was always on the cards. India is the next challenge, and Dav is likely to be paid more there as well and he is, after all, a professional.

Not allowing him to discuss matters with the Indian board during the series is also fine, IMO.

Good luck to Dav in India. He did a fine job with Bangladesh.
Old May 17, 2007, 08:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

http://www.amardeshbd.com/detail_new...SectionID=home

i saw this report in the morning and it made me angry.. Dave is professional and he did everything he could in his timeline, but wat he is getting in his last oment from our country, he should deserve this, he has to live like others he needs a job and money, and it is very important moment of his carrier, so just leave him alone, let him do watever he want and plz thank him properly....
Old May 17, 2007, 08:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped
Your kidding right?! He does not want to go back to sri lanka so why would he be upset that he was not considered!? And you dont know the story of when his first 2 yr contract was up.. so i suggest u zip it! Know your facts before u talk please.

and for all u out there that did not hear me the first time....
IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY... MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
im not talking about recent.. im talking about the time when he was coaching sri lanka.. and after winning the cup they didnt consider him..cuz of his unprofessionalism..
Old May 17, 2007, 08:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Not allowing him to discuss matters with the Indian board during the series is also fine, IMO.
you cant do that unless it is mentioned somewhere in his contract.when u resign from a job u can always look for another job while you are in ur resignation period.may be u have a different rule in your country.bcb on the other hand seems to be in a revengeful mood against dav which is rather childish.but this wont work if pawar really decides to meet dav.