facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 18, 2007, 07:31 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default First day bulletin : Tendulkar and Ganguly put India on top

Our first day bulletin..

Current Tour

India in Bangladesh, 2007
Tendulkar and Ganguly put India on top
18 May 2007
Bulletin by Khondaker Mirazur Rahman

An unbroken 163 run 4th wicket partnership between Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly put India in the driving seat at the end of first day at Chittagong Divisional Stadium.
The pair, who have 228 Test caps between them, propelled India to a commanding 295/3 after Bangladesh gave some early scares to the experienced Indian batting line-up.

Read the rest of the bulletin »

Old May 18, 2007, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

This is gonna be a really big partnership unless our bowlers get a breakthrough 1st thing tomorrow morning!!!!Both of theese guys are danger men to us and the sooner we get these 2 out the better for us!!!!
Old May 18, 2007, 09:44 AM
Cricket Guru

There are few things can happen tommorrow if our bowlers click...and not sure if Shahadat and even Mashrafee is fit...if they can bowl 15 overs tommorrow and pick up 2 wkts it will be great otherwise expect a huge total posting from these two genuine worldclass batsmen and few more from the followings. Can't believe that spinners totally failed to take any wickets!!!
Old May 18, 2007, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

I think, we can easily draw the match, just if (and a very bid IF) we dont throw our wickets away. I think, India will declare the innings tomorrow around the tea. (A better possibility is their getting all out before that. Just 2 wickets and the tail will be exposed). After doing all the fielding, BD players will be quite tired and all they'll need is just patience.
In this wicket, Indian bowlers will be proved ineffective as well. We just dont need to help them become the hero.
Old May 18, 2007, 10:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

dada's on song, so's tendy... new ball and pace maybe our only way out. a bit of extra moisture and sea breeze can bring some of that vital extra bounce on an otherwise dead wicket... my fingers have been crossed since dravid's walk back to the pavillion...
Old May 18, 2007, 10:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I think, we can easily draw the match, just if (and a very bid IF) we dont throw our wickets away. I think, India will declare the innings tomorrow around the tea. (A better possibility is their getting all out before that. Just 2 wickets and the tail will be exposed). After doing all the fielding, BD players will be quite tired and all they'll need is just patience.
In this wicket, Indian bowlers will be proved ineffective as well. We just dont need to help them become the hero.
i hope you're right... those may seem like mighty big ifs at the moment, but subtle yet critical shifts in momentum happen when we least expect it in test cricket... additional showers with regular 30 to 60 minute delays can help too when they've figured out our bowling...
Old May 18, 2007, 10:48 AM
Cricket Guru

It is imperative for our batters to bat sensibly and make IND bat for second innings. Only then our spinners can contribute litte more. But that's way ahed of thinking, first tommorrow then future. Tommorrow will be a very crucial day for our bowlers who need to take 7 more wickets!!! somehow!!!
Old May 18, 2007, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

The only thing that can save us now is rain, all the Indian batsmen are flat track bullies so expect india to score 600+
Old May 18, 2007, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Our BCB guys talk a big talk, but when it comes to actually follow up on it, they revert back to their old ways. During the WC we heard how much our batsmen lack the ability to cope with bouncing fast pitches, yet, soon as they come home, they prepare the same old docile flatter than flat pitches. Its true we can't simulate a Perth, but for once can't we leave some sort of grass on the pitch? Can't we make it a bit more sporty where the likes of Mashrafee and Shahadat can reap some fruits? Instead we have prepared this taylor made track for Indian batsmen, who thrive on pitches like this at home. What are we afraid of? Zaheer khan and R Singh? If we are scared of pacers of that quality, I am afraid, we have lost the match even before it began. A traditional picth on sub-continent will spin after three days anyway as cracks will open up. We will destroy whatever talents we have in Mashrafee and co by toiling on such dead tracks. Losing the toss didn't help either. Kumble and co. will get to bowl the fourth innings ( if that is the case ) and quality of Indian spinners are still miles ahead of ours. Our pacers are as good as their two, if not better, and whatever chance we had in this test have flown out the window soon after the fifth over...
Old May 18, 2007, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Agree with you! Nijeder paye amra nijera kural marlam!!! fourth anf fifth day if IND brings spin...a well ki ar korar arekbar innings porajoi.
Old May 18, 2007, 02:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

i won't give credit to Tendu and Gangu for this total.. i will give all the credits to Bashar's captaincy. Bcuz of him they made this huge score...
Old May 18, 2007, 04:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Our BCB guys talk a big talk, but when it comes to actually follow up on it, they revert back to their old ways. During the WC we heard how much our batsmen lack the ability to cope with bouncing fast pitches, yet, soon as they come home, they prepare the same old docile flatter than flat pitches. Its true we can't simulate a Perth, but for once can't we leave some sort of grass on the pitch? Can't we make it a bit more sporty where the likes of Mashrafee and Shahadat can reap some fruits? Instead we have prepared this taylor made track for Indian batsmen, who thrive on pitches like this at home. What are we afraid of? Zaheer khan and R Singh? If we are scared of pacers of that quality, I am afraid, we have lost the match even before it began. A traditional picth on sub-continent will spin after three days anyway as cracks will open up. We will destroy whatever talents we have in Mashrafee and co by toiling on such dead tracks. Losing the toss didn't help either. Kumble and co. will get to bowl the fourth innings ( if that is the case ) and quality of Indian spinners are still miles ahead of ours. Our pacers are as good as their two, if not better, and whatever chance we had in this test have flown out the window soon after the fifth over...
you've said it bro... we're still waiting for reason to penetrate bcb's little thought process...
Old May 19, 2007, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
i won't give credit to Tendu and Gangu for this total.. i will give all the credits to Bashar's captaincy. Bcuz of him they made this huge score...
you are a hard boiled one, my friend.
Old May 19, 2007, 02:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohra
you are a hard boiled one, my friend.
what did u mean???
Old May 19, 2007, 05:41 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: SACHIN TENDULKAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer

Indians are not flat track bullies .Indians have won Testmatches in all countries of world in last 5 years including Australia.The bangladesh fans will know their team limitations when on English or Australian Tour they play on a bouncy pitch .India has got good record in recent years in outside subcontinent matches and it is not bader than pakistan and srilanka.Sachin Tendulkar is definitely a world class player who made runs against every one and made tons of runs against even Austrlia on bouncy pitches
Old May 19, 2007, 07:08 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Our spinners bowled terribly yesterday on Day One. I am not sure how long we'll stay 'as proud as we are' right now of our left arm spin heritage if our spinners don't get their head together and start 5 wickets in tests, apart from Rafique.
Old May 19, 2007, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Actually, I'm impressed with the bowling on a flat track against some very, very good batsmen.

No bounce, no turn and no swing and they *still* have six wickets.

Ian Whitchurch
Old May 19, 2007, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang
Indians are not flat track bullies .Indians have won Testmatches in all countries of world in last 5 years including Australia.The bangladesh fans will know their team limitations when on English or Australian Tour they play on a bouncy pitch .India has got good record in recent years in outside subcontinent matches and it is not bader than pakistan and srilanka.Sachin Tendulkar is definitely a world class player who made runs against every one and made tons of runs against even Austrlia on bouncy pitches
These people are not going to understand that...afterall, they keep saying the geriatric Rafique is second best spinner in the world
Sachin,Dravid,Laxman, ....with the best records in world against australia in australia and India...flat track bully indeed...
Old May 19, 2007, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohra
These people are not going to understand that...afterall, they keep saying the geriatric Rafique is second best spinner in the world
Sachin,Dravid,Laxman, ....with the best records in world against australia in australia and India...flat track bully indeed...
Abdur Razzaq is ranked by ICC as second best spinner in the world.
Old May 19, 2007, 02:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Just curious to know...why isn't anyone complaining about this headline?

Oh I get it.
Old May 19, 2007, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Naf
Abdur Razzaq is ranked by ICC as second best spinner in the world.
till abt 8 months back, India was ranked 2nd best test team....for a long time... ...so there!
Old May 19, 2007, 06:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
Our spinners bowled terribly yesterday on Day One. I am not sure how long we'll stay 'as proud as we are' right now of our left arm spin heritage if our spinners don't get their head together and start 5 wickets in tests, apart from Rafique.
Shakib did very well as a debutant!!