facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 8, 2018, 03:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/c...tes-more-chaos

some more details on this report.

Old October 8, 2018, 07:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

When he gets going, Shakib is the best batsman to watch in Bd. I would even give him a rest till the world cup or even till the knockout stages if we make it that far, and then bring him back without any hesitation.

His free form batting alone can take matches away from teams, only that he along with most Bd cricketers do not have the wisdom or temperament when to defend or when to attack. I would still take him just for his batting, forget bowling.
Old October 8, 2018, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

That doesn't sound good. Hope he does ok.
Old October 8, 2018, 09:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
When he gets going, Shakib is the best batsman to watch in Bd. I would even give him a rest till the world cup or even till the knockout stages if we make it that far, and then bring him back without any hesitation.

His free form batting alone can take matches away from teams, only that he along with most Bd cricketers do not have the wisdom or temperament when to defend or when to attack. I would still take him just for his batting, forget bowling.
His best batting innings for me(format by format):

ODI(2 nominees): 92* vs. Sri Lanka 2009, tri series against Sri Lanka...or 114 against NZ in champions trophy 2017.
T20: 84 vs. Pakistan 2012. ICC T20 world cup
Test: 217 vs. NZ in NZ 2017...(BD should have won that test )
Old October 8, 2018, 09:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

What a sh*t show. This could have been easily avoidable. So who's going to answer for this?
Old October 8, 2018, 09:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:

any athlete needs match xp to fully perform. Yea you can throw him in anytime, but he won't be his best.
Old October 8, 2018, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
His best batting innings for me(format by format):

ODI(2 nominees): 92* vs. Sri Lanka 2009, tri series against Sri Lanka...or 114 against NZ in champions trophy 2017.
T20: 84 vs. Pakistan 2012. ICC T20 world cup
Test: 217 vs. NZ in NZ 2017...(BD should have won that test )
His 79 against Eng in the 1st ODI in 2016 is one of my favorites. Another match Bd should have won, had he finished the match.But throwing away wickets is what Bd historically does, can't hold it against them. I was speaking more about being in the moment, going from ball to ball. No one can nonchalantly whip a bowler as good as Shakib Al Hassan can.
Old October 8, 2018, 10:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Something avoidable which potentially will mess with shakib’s ability to ever again be at his best. BCB needs to take this seriously and find the fault in the process and rectify it so it never happens again.

Unless shakib hid the true state of his finger and injury then someone(s) made some really bad decisions here.
Old October 8, 2018, 10:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
His 79 against Eng in the 1st ODI in 2016 is one of my favorites. Another match Bd should have won, had he finished the match.But throwing away wickets is what Bd historically does, can't hold it against them. I was speaking more about being in the moment, going from ball to ball. No one can nonchalantly whip a bowler as good as Shakib Al Hassan can.
Imrul kayes also played a very classy knock that match 112 but eventually ran out of steam.
Old October 9, 2018, 12:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Imrul kayes also played a very classy knock that match 112 but eventually ran out of steam.
Kayes' 6 vs Wiley( I think)at mid off in that match, is one of my favorite shots from any Bd batsmen. But maybe I remember it so much because I was watching it with some friends in Dhaka at the time.
Old October 9, 2018, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...ection-1644730

Quote:
“We are all very surprised. How could things get so serious and that amount of pus gather in one day,” the Bangladesh Cricket Board president Nazmul Hassan said in a press conference today while talking about ace all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan’s infection, which forced him to skip the virtual semifinal at UAE against Pakistan and the tournament altogether and come back to Bangladesh before undergoing a immediately-needed surgery at Dhaka’s Apollo Hospital to get the pus out.

Surgery was required immediately as Shakib was in danger of having his hand completely disabled if the pus had burst. Shakib had said before the Asia Cup that he wanted to undergo the surgery to correct his little finger on the left hand before the Asia Cup but later joined the team at UAE.

“It’s a big question for us how this amount of pus could have gathered,” the president said. Shakib had incurred the injury on January 27 this year while playing the final of the three-nation tournament against Sri Lanka at home. While X-rays did not reveal any fractures, according the BCB chief physician Debashish Chowdhury, the ace all-rounder had a ‘subluxation or a joint sprain at the base of the little finger on his left hand’.

“I talked to him today and Shakib informed that he will get the report today. He informed me that there is no use in undergoing operation right now. He is still there [in Australia] and the infection is under control. That’s what Shakib told me, I did not speak to the doctor,” Nazmul said.

Shakib’s condition worsening suddenly is a matter of concern for the cricket fraternity at large and it is not easy to see who was responsible for the all-rounder’s current situation.

“I talked to the ones involved and after talking to them, what I understood is that it was hard for them to recognize the infection. Shakib was administered injections at West Indies and I don’t know whether the infection happened due to the injection. If there was infection beforehand then the steroids could have complicated matters but since Shakib did not complain, we cannot say for sure. We don’t understand the situation but we are trying to get to the bottom of it,” the president said.
At least papon (not pakon) bhai understands his medicine.

I remember a case of a football player getting steroid injection shot in ankle when he likely had an infection. Just searched. Daniel Fells. Ended his football career. But was able to save his leg after multiple surgeries, there was talk of amputation.
Old October 9, 2018, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

As Sunil Gavaskar often advocates, if a player has any injury, does not matter if it is minor or major, should stay out until he is 100% recovered and fit.

This should be the golden rule that is never breached.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old October 9, 2018, 09:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...ection-1644730

At least papon (not pakon) bhai understands his medicine.

I remember a case of a football player getting steroid injection shot in ankle when he likely had an infection. Just searched. Daniel Fells. Ended his football career. But was able to save his leg after multiple surgeries, there was talk of amputation.
Yeah I heard about the cortisone type steroid which comes with the risk of infection in some cases. It could have been the case with Shakib.
Old October 11, 2018, 04:03 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maihu_don
It's sad new .. hope he recover and back to the field soon

Bangladeshi fans are very emotional and want to win .. bcb is run by politicians .. and they will always go by public sentiment ... That's a real denger
I think everyone missed guy to blame for sakibs injury

It's hyper fans who can in india ... Call sachin, dhoni, kohli failure
Old October 11, 2018, 04:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by maihu_don
I think everyone missed guy to blame for sakibs injury

It's hyper fans who can in india ... Call sachin, dhoni, kohli failure
Huh???

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 7 characters.
Old October 14, 2018, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

It seems like Shakib may be back playing in one months time , he won't have the surgery in next one year . According to news reports
Old October 14, 2018, 11:57 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
It seems like Shakib may be back playing in one months time , he won't have the surgery in next one year . According to news reports
Fantastic news if true
Old October 16, 2018, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

^his underlying problem has not been fixed or will not be fixed in foreseeable future meaning when he plays he will play as 20% match fit per his definition.
Old October 16, 2018, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...iority-1647883

Quote:

'Shakib in WC is top priority'

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hassan has been under fire recently because of the perception that it was the BCB boss who forced star all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan to play in the Asia Cup despite the player saying that he would need surgery on an injured left little finger. There has been doubt recently about Shakib's availability for the 2019 World Cup in England next summer, with Shakib saying that the infection in his finger has to subside and then it would require six further months to have a surgery. However, upon returning from having treatment in Melbourne, Shakib said that the pain was gone and that he would be able to start playing after a month. In an exclusive interview with The Daily Star's Bishwajit Roy and Sakeb Subhan yesterday, Hassan wanted to clear the air surrounding Shakib's injury and said emphatically that he did not force Shakib to play and that it was the player's own decision. The BCB boss also said that Shakib playing the World Cup in England next summer was the top priority and that all cricket leading up to that -- including the Indian Premier League, the Bangladesh Premier League and the New Zealand tour -- were unimportant in comparison.

The following are excerpts from the interview at his Gulshan residence:

The Daily Star (TDS): What did you want to say about your role in the Shakib fiasco.

Nazmul Hassan (NH): Shakib told me after getting hurt that he wanted to go to Bangkok for treatment, and he went to Bangkok. Before the Nidahas Trophy I asked him what the state of his hand was. He said that there was no pain, so I said then you should play. He said that he was afraid. I asked him to go to Bangkok and show a doctor, and he went, but after that there was no feedback. So I assumed that he is not going with the team, probably because the doctor said that he couldn't play. Then, during the Nidahas Trophy the Prime Minister [Sheikh Hasina] called me, asking where I was and asking to talk to the players. I wasn't in Sri Lanka. She told me to immediately get on a plane, and insisted when I said that I had not planned to go. Once Apa tells you to do something you cannot say no. She also asked me to buy a ticket for Shakib. After we landed he told me that he wanted to go to Australia for more treatment, saying that he may be able to play. But then again there was no feedback. Then with two days to go till the match against Sri Lanka, I heard in the morning that he had submitted his passport in the Indian High Commission, for the IPL. I said to take the passport back, because as he is not playing the Nidahas Trophy, he can't play the IPL. Shakib called and said that he can play. I said that he should come to the Nidahas Trophy if the doctor has cleared him. He replied that he would come if we reach the final, to which I said that if we lose the next game then there won't be a final to play, so he doesn't need to come. He came the next day.

After this incident [his finger being infected during the Asia Cup and having to leave the tournament midway], I caught hold of them and asked where has talk of the operation come from. Debashish told me that he did not know. Because no doctor has said that, instead saying that there is no use doing surgery and that he will have to go on like this. His cricket playing would not be impacted. If nothing else works, then he will have the operation as a last resort.

The World Cup is the most important tournament for us, and the next is Asia Cup. Bilateral series and other tournaments come after that. Then the franchisees like CPL, IPL and BPL. BPL is most important among those because it is our tournament. But in front of the World Cup, BPL and IPL are unimportant. Not even the New Zealand tour. My desire is that he becomes fully fit and then goes to play the World Cup and after he comes back we will all sit to talk about it. After I said that, he said the very next day that he was okay, and that he would actually want to play in the West Indies. He was saying that there would not be a surgery for six months to one year. Six months means before the World Cup -- there won't be a surgery before the World Cup, that I can tell you. Now if he wants to play before that, I won't stop him if the doctors and physio say that. If the infection goes down and surgery is required, he can have surgery by January and start playing in the Ireland tri-series in April to prepare for the World Cup. I will react if he wants to have the surgery right before the World Cup.

He is still young. His [Shakib's] decision-making wasn't... for example, he told me that he would talk to the doctor and decide about playing but then he took the physio's word and played. He told me he would go to America from Dubai, but then came back to Dhaka. Now in my mind it is clear, we never forced him to play.

Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan (R) talks with team physio Thihan Chandramohan about his injury at the players' dressing room of the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday. PHOTO: STAR
TDS: If it turns out that Shakib's infection had worsened under the physio's [Thihan Chandramohan's] care during the Asia Cup and it was due to his negligence, will action be taken?

NH: I have ask for the doctor's report and I will get them tomorrow [Wednesday], and if I see in any of the reports from any doctor that there was mention of the operation, I will not let them [physio and chief physician Debashish Chowdhury] go.

TDS: There is also a perception of you being too involved in every aspect of Bangladesh cricket. Does that mean the committees and sub-committees are not fully capable of doing their jobs?

NH: I don't know why they can't quite do it. But I cannot sit back and see the bad results. Maybe they have not been able to do it properly; I don't know. When I see day after day that the team are losing three early wickets; I cannot sit back. Mashrafe asked for Imrul midway through the tournament, and I said okay, might as well bring in Soumya too.

I have to be involved. Hathurusingha was the only one I knew who planned to minute details. He used to decide on what balls to use, what type of pitches. He did not trust anyone, not even the selectors. Even if the groundsman told him about a pitch he would not take his word until he actually inspected the pitch himself . We have not yet gotten someone who has such detailed plans. He had a problem communicating with players, but he was a good planner.

Then there is Mustafizur. He had surgery in London [in August 2016]. I called him the day before the surgery and asked if he was scared. He said 'no I am not, but Uncle, could you tell the doctors that I am very afraid of needles?' The very next day I flew to London to be by his side.
Old October 16, 2018, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Then there is Mustafizur. He had surgery in London [in August 2016]. I called him the day before the surgery and asked if he was scared. He said 'no I am not, but Uncle, could you tell the doctors that I am very afraid of needles?' The very next day I flew to London to be by his side.
I fell from my bed laughing reading this. this guy is something else.

Anyways, Nazmul Hasan makes some interesting point and I probably side with him on certain issues. He made shakib play nidahas trophy only after shakib submitted his passport to play for IPL. He is controlling the players and rightly so. you can not neglect national duties in expense for those more lucrative deals.. if you gonna play IPL with injury, you gonna play for national team with injury that's his thinking. decision is yours.
Old October 16, 2018, 05:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, it's all good, but at the end of the day, the guy is an out and out crook and Leaguer lackey, born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Handed the BCB as his personal toy to play with. Don't let the friendly uncle mask fool you.
Old October 16, 2018, 06:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
^his underlying problem has not been fixed or will not be fixed in foreseeable future meaning when he plays he will play as 20% match fit per his definition.
He will be fine as a bowler (might struggle catching though) but he won’t be able to bat since pinky on the dominant hand is vital for batting. But Shakib just as a bowler is good enough to make our XI. Unless we unearth a better specialist spinner than him (Rishad??)

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 16, 2018, 06:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Lol Papon and his anecdotes

Interesting to see the PM for whatever reason likes to meddle in cricketing affairs.