facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 24, 2011, 10:00 PM
BC Editorial Team

Actually a good tour. Nasir has the mindset, but needs exposure to foreign pitches. The back up seamers in Babu, Robiul, Shohag and Rabbi need to bowl at different batters. Jahurul still has an openers or #3 slot to target.

Old October 24, 2011, 10:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

^^ Shohag is a spinner.
Old October 25, 2011, 05:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Here is Ian's view on Stuart Barnes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Stuart Barnes is a solid, regulation, ECB coach who has been involved with emerging players before. He has spent time with the ECB Fast Bowling Group and has been greatly influenced by Kevin Shine (the ECB Lead Fast Bowling Coach).

Not a glamorous or exciting appointment if it happens, but it will fill a gap. He has never worked Internationally before. He didn't get the Warwickshire position he applied for but made the 5 man shortlist for the England position even though he was the outsider. He played just 11 first-class matches as a medium pace bowler.

For this Bangladesh role, I still feel the coach should be working technically as a starting point and I don't think that Stuart is that type of coach. His county, Gloucestershire, where he has been for 10 years or more, has not produced any fast bowlers, or any notable quicks who have played for England. He hasn't been in International dressing rooms as a player or coach before and I think this maybe has worked against him.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...t=37834&page=6
Old October 25, 2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Here is Ian's view on Stuart Barnes.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...t=37834&page=6
but at what capacity he will work in BD?
Old October 25, 2011, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
anamul haque, asif ahmed, subashis roy, emon ahmed, sajidul islam, sabbir rahman, shaker ahmed, mahmudul hasan. none of these guys in the squad....surprised to see guys like shuvo, nasir, shuvagoto and junaid there, especailly nasir,he's pretty much a permanent fixture for the national team isn't he?
Only Anamul deserved to be in. And maybe Shuvashish. The rest need to be tuned up with Academy cricket. Dhiman ignored again. This time for Mithun, who has a FC average of 22.
Old October 25, 2011, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Dear moderators we already have a thread about Bangladesh A team tour to west indies.So do we need two threads of same tour?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 25, 2011, 05:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Dear moderators we already have a thread about Bangladesh A team tour to west indies.So do we need two threads of same tour?

Rubel bhai, why don't you bring up that thread and tell the mod to merge both threads ? Make some life easy for Mods. Its not always easy to remember who opened a related thread some weeks ago.

Now, don't tell me that there is an "Official Thread of Everything What Bangladesh 'A' Does on the field and Off the field"
Old October 25, 2011, 05:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Mod, can you please merge this thread to the following one as Rubel bhai requested:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=38494

thanks.
Old October 25, 2011, 05:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
anamul haque, asif ahmed, subashis roy, emon ahmed, sajidul islam, sabbir rahman, shaker ahmed, mahmudul hasan. none of these guys in the squad....surprised to see guys like shuvo, nasir, shuvagoto and junaid there, especailly nasir,he's pretty much a permanent fixture for the national team isn't he?
anamul and asif are in teh Academy side and will likely appear in the next U19 world cup as well (not sure if they will make the cutoff??)...they will likely be in the A team next year. But my guess is that both will do well enough this season's NCL to fast track past the A team into our porous national team. they might even crack the prelim squad for the Pakistan series in Decemeber.

i'm not sure about the other guys.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 25, 2011, 06:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
but at what capacity he will work in BD?
Academy Coach
Old October 25, 2011, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Important missing players are Kapali,Ash,Farhad Reza,Shamsur Rahman,Dhiman Ghosh,Nazimuddin.Regarding them Akram Khan said that they want give chances to some new cricketers so we dropped some old players.What do you all think about this strategy boys?
To me it is better to select the best A team accordin to need in the National team.
1.National team has huge gaps in top order.In that case testing Jahurul,Nasiruddin,Junaid,Mominul is a good option.If any of them perfor good should get a chance to nation team if none can perform then no way but to rely on Ash.
2.There is huge gap in pace attack in national team.I think no important players are missing there.
3.We have no pace all rounder.I was expecting Farhad Reza there but our selectors want to test Alauddin Babu there.Its not a bad idea.
4.In batting all rounder position Kapali is getting on and off chances in the limited over matches.To me he need more international exposure so i expected him.
5.If Mushy gets injured today who will be our 2nd keeper?Are they thinking Jahurul as the replacement of Mushy?Then why Mithun is there.Why not Dhiman?
6.Giving Nasir and Shohag space in offspinner option is a good idea.
*So IMO if selectors have given space to Kapali and Dhiman(Must) it would have been a very good squard.Still i ll have to say this squard is a good one.

Old October 26, 2011, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Even I think Kapali/Ashar phool/Dhiman/Rasel should play if they really want to comeback to the national team. This will give them enough exposure to International matches.
Old October 26, 2011, 12:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Even I think Kapali/Ashar phool/Dhiman/Rasel should play if they really want to comeback to the national team. This will give them enough exposure to International matches.
After playing around 170 ODIs and 56 Test matches, you think Ashar phool lacks exposure to Int't matches ? and kapali too ?
Old October 26, 2011, 01:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

yep Naimul Bhai Kapali does....he's been away fror SO long...and Ashar fool to nijei bole je amake chance deya hoini...to ne bhai ne chance....
Old October 26, 2011, 04:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Important missing players are Kapali,Ash,Farhad Reza,Shamsur Rahman,Dhiman Ghosh,Nazimuddin.Regarding them Akram Khan said that they want give chances to some new cricketers so we dropped some old players
I think we can safely say that they will not be part of the squad for the PAK series.
Old October 26, 2011, 03:20 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...27/news/196937

‘এ’ দলের কোচ স্টুয়ার্ট বার্নস

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ২৭-১০-২০১১

স্টুয়ার্ট বার্নস

বাংলাদেশ ‘এ’ দলের কোচ হয়েছেন স্টুয়ার্ট বার্নস। ইংল্যান্ড লায়ন্সের সাবেক এই কোচের ঢাকায় চলে আসার কথা আজই। ‘এ’ দলের সঙ্গে আপাতত তিন মাস কাজ করবেন ব্রিটিশ কোচ বার্নস। তবে কাজে সন্তুষ্ট হলে বিসিবি চুক্তিটা বাড়াতেও পারে।
৩০ অক্টোবর বার্নসের তত্ত্বাবধানেই ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ সফরে যাচ্ছে বাংলাদেশ ‘এ’ দল। এরপর ইংল্যান্ড লায়ন্সের বিপক্ষে হোম সিরিজেও দলের কোচ থাকবেন তিনি। ওদিকে বার্নস কোচের দায়িত্ব নিলেও ‘এ’ দলের সহকারী কোচের পদ থেকে সরে দাঁড়িয়েছেন সারোয়ার ইমরান। সহকারী কোচ হিসেবে এখন তাঁর জায়গায় ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজে যাচ্ছেন সাবেক পেসার ও বিসিবির কোচ সাইফুল ইসলাম।
ব্যক্তিগত কারণ দেখিয়ে সরে দাঁড়ালেও সূত্র জানিয়েছে, অভিমান থেকেই সিদ্ধান্তটা নিয়েছেন সারোয়ার ইমরান। জেমি সিডন্স চলে যাওয়ার পর কিছুদিন আগেও আপৎকালীন কোচের দায়িত্ব পালন করেছেন জাতীয় দলে। দেওয়া হয়েছিল ‘এ’ দলের দায়িত্বও। এখন সফরের ঠিক আগে হুট করে সহকারী কোচ হিসেবে অবনমন মেনে নিতে পারেননি তিনি। যোগাযোগ করা হলে বিষয়টি এড়িয়েই গেছেন সারোয়ার ইমরান, ‘ব্যক্তিগত সমস্যায় ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজে যাচ্ছি না।’

Old October 26, 2011, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Guys, the reason the Kapali, Anamul, Dhiman like players are not there is because BCB is already having issues filling players for NCL and if they leave for WI, the NCL will become pretty much Nirman Schook Cricket League of cricket...

Also, some of these players need to stay home in case there are injuries of the national team during the Pak series.. It makes perfect sense to not send them to WI at this time and let some young players continue their learning..
Old October 26, 2011, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibangali
I think we can safely say that they will not be part of the squad for the PAK series.
not really, I think you will see them in Pak series. They didn't include Ash and Kapali cause they want to give the new guns some exposures, that doesn't mean that Ash and kapali are done for national team. Moreover Ash and Kapali are doing't their home work in our own soil where the pak series will be held. So, I see they are quite part of the plan for pak series..
Old October 26, 2011, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
not really, I think you will see them in Pak series. They didn't include Ash and Kapali cause they want to give the new guns some exposures, that doesn't mean that Ash and kapali are done for national team. Moreover Ash and Kapali are doing't their home work in our own soil where the pak series will be held. So, I see they are quite part of the plan for pak series..
Actually I have a feeling that Ash and Alok are not gonna be in the tour for Pakistan. Just the way Akram Khan talked about them, just seems that he's not gonna include them. I think the guys in the test team currently and the A team members are gonna be the players that will be considered.
Old October 26, 2011, 06:07 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Matin definitely deserves chance to show us what he is capable of...
Old October 26, 2011, 06:10 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Form now on, Ash should be considered only for the T20 team. That is the only format where his continuous immature batting cannot hurt the team too much. When he plays an Eid inning, he can help put on a big score. Otherwise, a typical quickfire 15-30 helps.
Old October 26, 2011, 10:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

This is really a great chance for Junaid and Jahurul to prove themselves with Imrul faltering. If they can perform, they can come back in to the squad. Both of these guys are good batsmen. They just have to prove that they can play at the international level.
Old October 26, 2011, 10:20 PM

Good team, that Mithun guy is a disappointment for long. Huge test for 2nd grade seniors to lead the team and bring something home.
Old October 26, 2011, 10:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Emon Ahmed is highly over rated. This guy didn't even get 3 wkt in any match. He is not even regular in club team or division team. He has no achievement except one bounce that make someone bleed

Old October 27, 2011, 05:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Actually I have a feeling that Ash and Alok are not gonna be in the tour for Pakistan. Just the way Akram Khan talked about them, just seems that he's not gonna include them. I think the guys in the test team currently and the A team members are gonna be the players that will be considered.
That is my thought process too on that matter unless they do something extra special to change the minds of the heavyweights.