facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 2, 2005, 08:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Default How intelligent are those bangladeshis?

How smart are bangladeshi people, speacially the girls and women? I remember my mom saying something. My mom and dad visited a bangladeshi program, where many other bangladeshi joined. Now in that program, they discussed the long history of bangla, itz culture, and there were some classical bangla musics, I think, that took place. Now the women, who were sitting with my mom, started to say something like they like hindi music better. They want to hear hindi music. I guess they got bored. My question is, how intelligent and patriotic are bangladeshi women? I mean, women nurtures a baby and the baby learns from her, mainly. Now if that women is like this, the baby will be like her too. If this goes on, think what the bangladeshi society will be. It will be like a hindi society in bangladesh. I don't live in bangladesh, but I am guessing there are more than ten hindi channels and most of the bd people watch that. I am guessing. I am sure, if people are intelligent, men or women, and if they love bd, they will try to keep themselves and their family out of the influence of indian hindi and other media. Few months back I started to watch hindi films, now I stopped. Because, I can't be influenced by india media anymore. Itz too much. Itz pathetic when a bangladeshi girl looks for a guy, who is more like indian actors and vice versa. Itz pathetic how these stupids try to copy these filmy actors. Itz just make ups and color and angle of camera! If you go near them, probably you will see brone on their face, so no beauti. Shame on them! Shame on them! Eta Indian agrashon, by media, in bangladesh. Haire bangali! Chok thakteo dekhe na!

Edited on, April 3, 2005, 1:35 AM GMT, by TigerFan.

Old April 2, 2005, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

your point is......???? cheka khaichen naki?
Old April 3, 2005, 01:05 AM
Test Cricketer

It has already become a Hindi oriented culture. And its unfair to blame women only men is this catagory are just as bad. I totally agree with you that this crap is taking over our culture and I'd also blame parents for it not just those channels the. I've seen in many household parents watching hindi movie till late night with their children (of all ages) and some them are really not fit for children.

But I guess this argument can go on forever but I'm with Tigerfan on this one.
Old April 3, 2005, 01:20 AM
Test Cricketer

This is an issue about aesthetics. I personally don't really like Hindi movies or songs and stopped seeing or listening to them as a kid (The last Hindi movie I saw was "Sholay" as a child, I liked that one though) but if that's what people prefer then it's their choice.

I also don't like what passes for cinematic entertainment in Bangladesh and have never paid to see a Bangladeshi movie in a cinema hall.

I also don't like rap or hip hop. I am a rock / heavy metal fan (there is no such thing as too much Black Sabbath as far as I am concerned) and like music within that genre.

My point is that people are free to choose their preference for entertainment. If people in Bangladesh want to watch and listen to Indian films and song then that is their prerogative. No point blaming India, they are not forcing us to watch their bilge.

Also, I am weary of the self righteous attitude on Bangladeshi culture expressed by some sections of the population. It is not possible to dictate entertainment preferences just as it is not possible to dictate morality or personal conduct. Such attitudes are borderline fascist.
Old April 3, 2005, 03:29 AM
Test Cricketer

When I said it, I said it that both men and women are watching. I gave specialty over women, because it is the women in bangladesh who usually raise children. So, couger, I said it to both the men and women, but specialty was given to women.

Quote:
Originally posted by mwrkhan
My point is that people are free to choose their preference for entertainment. If people in Bangladesh want to watch and listen to Indian films and song then that is their prerogative. No point blaming India, they are not forcing us to watch their bilge.
India is not to blame. We are to blame. What India is doing is right for India(Who Knows?) but not good for us. Our problem is we don't make good programs to watch. How do u define good, it is up to you. But I define it as, a good program is that which educates a man to develop his standarts in every level to go higher positively. For example, knowledge wise, language wise, character wise etc. etc. I don't have to tell you. Some indian programs just not right for anybody. Those programs can morally decay anybody. That is my point.

Quote:
Also, I am weary of the self righteous attitude on Bangladeshi culture expressed by some sections of the population. It is not possible to dictate entertainment preferences just as it is not possible to dictate morality or personal conduct. Such attitudes are borderline fascist.
No one is saying to put force on bd. We just have to stop being stupid and act what is good for bd and bangladeshis, and it is the responsibility for every single bangladeshi, if you know what I mean.
Old April 3, 2005, 06:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

very good point make by " TigerFan ", I agree with him... we have to control by ourself..
Old April 3, 2005, 08:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Good point bro.....But I feel it also has got to do something with the lack of quality production in our country.....cheers...
Old April 3, 2005, 11:42 AM
Test Cricketer

A few years ago in Bombay Theater (which primerily shows Hindi Movies) in New York they showed Muktir Gaan for two week. Muktir Gaan is an amazing documentary on this singing troupe who used to tour different camps of freedom fighters during 1971 and encourage them with their songs. It is done masterfully and is thoroughly entertaining as well as informative. Since the length of the movie was about 70 mins Bombay Theter managment ran it before each of thier regular Hindi movie run. Well guess what? Begalis were lining up for those Hindi Movies but wouldn't bother to even inquire about Muktir Gaan. After a few days they ran Muktir Gaan for free and even then Bengalis weren't interested. Dear BC members, draw your own conclusion.
Old April 3, 2005, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

The sad thing is, if our people do well in Bangladeshi food business in the foreign countries then we get happy, but we label fast food shops as threat to our culture. This kind of double standard is really sad.

Quote:
Few months back I started to watch hindi films, now I stopped. Because, I can't be influenced by india media anymore.
This is a really dumb reason for stopping watching hindi movies, unless the Indian media were insulting our nation. I'm sure that nothing like that happened.

I myself usually don't watch TV except sports broadcasts. We don't have cable connetion at home (majority of television receivers still don't have cable tv connection), but I'm not interested at hindi TV channels or movies. It's not because that these hindi movies are so called "threat to our culture", only because I don't think that they're good enough to watch. I can't blame people who prefer hindi tv channels over BTV, because BTV is far worse than hindi channels.
Old April 3, 2005, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by mwrkhan
This is an issue about aesthetics. I personally don't really like Hindi movies or songs and stopped seeing or listening to them as a kid (The last Hindi movie I saw was "Sholay" as a child, I liked that one though) but if that's what people prefer then it's their choice.

I also don't like what passes for cinematic entertainment in Bangladesh and have never paid to see a Bangladeshi movie in a cinema hall.

I also don't like rap or hip hop. I am a rock / heavy metal fan (there is no such thing as too much Black Sabbath as far as I am concerned) and like music within that genre.

I think you are my soul-buddy. We need to hook up.