facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old July 15, 2007, 05:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Srilanka's literacy rate does not reflect their level of english at all. Their medium of education is not english.
Most of the Srilankan players are not so good speakers in english, even Murali, Vas have improved a bit very recently, but that didnt stop them to be what they are.

In any sports u talk, English is not a barrier for good performance, talk about almost all Bazilians, spanish players.

And your theory of all foreigners judge the players by their presentation in English is utterly wrong, may be that's what you think, but all over the world, players are judged by their performance not English.
actually in SL more and more schools are using English medium now, only rural schools aren't. but it's true who cares about english anyways.

and the reason SL's literacy rate is 92% is i think because the educations system is all free. that's the only reason i can think of.

Old July 16, 2007, 09:16 AM
Club Cricketer

I certainly don't think players are judged by their standards of English. Jayasuriya is a good example, of a player receiving all the respect from the media to the opposition even with a poor knowledge of English.

His favourite words not so long ago was to say that "Thanks to the Boys, I was able to perform" as a matter of fact, there is a joke among SLns, that once a commentator had asked Jaya how he felt of his Wife's pregnancy and he had said, "Thanks to the boys".

But it's only a joke.
Old July 16, 2007, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
Guys does anyone know wether Dish Network is going to show the Sl vs BD ODI series??
Urrrgh come on someone please answer my question cause the ODI series is coming closer and this time I don't want to have problems with it like the test series!
Old July 16, 2007, 12:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
Urrrgh come on someone please answer my question cause the ODI series is coming closer and this time I don't want to have problems with it like the test series!
No they are not showing it..bro..
Only Direct TV broadcasting it... u can buy some web streams.. they are pretty good...n cheaper...
Old July 16, 2007, 12:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cover_point
there is a joke among SLns, that once a commentator had asked Jaya how he felt of his Wife's pregnancy and he had said, "Thanks to the boys".
Haha
Old July 16, 2007, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cover_point
I certainly don't think players are judged by their standards of English. Jayasuriya is a good example, of a player receiving all the respect from the media to the opposition even with a poor knowledge of English.

His favourite words not so long ago was to say that "Thanks to the Boys, I was able to perform" as a matter of fact, there is a joke among SLns, that once a commentator had asked Jaya how he felt of his Wife's pregnancy and he had said, "Thanks to the boys".

But it's only a joke.
Its a recycled joke. They used the same against Inzy also. Atleast we will be spared as Ash is still unmarried.