facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 20, 2009, 10:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Well he will be back at action after an 8 month layoff. Suddenly Golf has a lifeline (in this recesssion). Matchplay will be his first. His wife also had a son this month.

Old February 21, 2009, 12:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

tiger_wood is a BC member and a big fan of BD cricket....was his name woody?...now he is tiger_wood like our tigers_eye bhai.
dear mijan bhai, are you the proud owner/operator of the great famous tigers eye's dragon martial arts center in arkansas? you are a black belt in kung-fyu right?
Old February 22, 2009, 12:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Yes, Tiger is back. Tournaments will get more interesting and competitive. Like to see if he is as good after the surgery.
Old February 25, 2009, 12:30 PM
Cricket Savant

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...yhoo&type=lgns
From golfing point of view this is just scary:

Quote:
“I didn’t think it would feel this good before the surgery or even just after the surgery because I hadn’t known what it’s like to feel this way,” Woods said. “It’s been so long. So to have it feel this healthy and this solid and secure, man, it’s a great feeling.”
Uh-oh.

“I feel a lot stronger in my left leg,” he said. “Both legs have been stronger than they ever have been. Stability is something I haven’t had in years. So it’s nice to make a swing and not have my – as I’ve said before – my bones move.”
Gulp.

“My short game has gotten a little bit better,” Woods said. “I’ve got more shots than I did before, just because I’ve spent so much time on it, chipping and all the different shots around the greens. Some of the shots I had forgotten that I had over the years, I kind of remembered how to hit them again, which was kind of nice.”

So just to recap: The greatest golfer the world has seen, who drives long and accurate, hits GPS-guided iron shots, putts with guile and skill and turns grown men into origami with his competitiveness, has done all this on a bad knee and with an inferior short game, both of which he shored up since we last saw him.
Well, then. At some point this becomes unfair, the chasm between Tiger and everyone else who dares to pick up a golf club. Though never will a golfer achieve perfection, Woods figures it can’t hurt to try.
“Tiger’s always trying to change,” said Hank Haney, his swing coach. “He’s always trying to make little improvements. He doesn’t want to stay the same.”
And there, perhaps, is the most impressive thing about Woods. His gift for golf is preternatural. Greatness called him. The question was whether he would answer, and he hasn’t just lifted the receiver and whimpered a hello. He asked where and when and why and how, and he keeps asking today, when the motivation could’ve faded long ago.
and this is just not plain ole funny any more after reading the previous comments:
Quote:
Eventually it will stop. Tiger Woods cannot keep evolving into a better version of himself, like he’s some computer program working out its kinks. A new swing here. A new physique there. A new knee for good measure. And voila: The Six Billion Dollar Golfer.
Old February 25, 2009, 03:39 PM
Cricket Savant

After 8 month off 1st hole Birdie, 2nd hole eagle (inside four feet). This is just unfair. Ask anyone who plays golf how difficult it is to shut down clubs for even a month and come back.

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r...ns_yahoo.html/
PGA is tracking Tiger, lol every hole.

Six holes gone in the first matchplay and he is leading 2 up.
Old February 26, 2009, 01:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Eldrick is Back huh?

I Couldn't Notice
Old February 27, 2009, 10:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Tim Clark gets the better of Tiger.

Now he will prepare for the green jacket. Wish him all the best to the road to 19.
Old March 29, 2009, 11:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Greatness, I don't see anyone stopping him in 2 weeks
Old March 30, 2009, 07:59 AM
Cricket Savant

The roars put a fear in every dears heart even if they are in a different woods.

AP – Tiger Woods celebrates after sinking the putt to win the Arnold Palmer Invitational golf tournament at …

Last edited by Tigers_eye; March 30, 2009 at 12:16 PM..
Old March 30, 2009, 10:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Tiger really scared the leader
Old April 7, 2009, 10:57 AM
Cricket Savant

I am going to call him Tail Lights.
Old April 8, 2009, 12:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

in my PGA tour video game, this guy is "near impossible" to beat...i have defeated every single one of them except him
Old April 8, 2009, 01:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
in my PGA tour video game, this guy is "near impossible" to beat...i have defeated every single one of them except him
That's what, all his real life competitors say as well.

T_E, Why 'Tail Light' ??
Old April 8, 2009, 02:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
T_E, Why 'Tail Light' ??
This is a racing terminology . Cause once he is in front all you will is "Tail Lights". Impossible to catch him. 14-0 when leading or shares a lead in Majors.
Old April 14, 2009, 10:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

T_E..your Tiger mamu? what happened? how about lefty? ultimate choker in any major sports..
Old April 14, 2009, 10:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
T_E..your Tiger mamu? what happened? how about lefty? ultimate choker in any major sports..
Ki ar hobay...
In the second round 17 he had a perfect Tee shot. From the middle of the fairway he overshot the green in to the crowds. That did it. He was -4 at that time. Made a boggie. That lingered and made another boggie at 18. So finished boggie boggie at even for the day. Saturday he finished -2 which totaled for -4. Then Sunday he made a charge and was -6 at one point equaling -10 overall for the competition. Had he just made pars on the second round the tournament was his.

Then he finished boggie boggie again. Three boggies and a par on 18. Two boggies and two pars on 17. That is +5 in last two holes. Terrible from Tiger.

For Hefty, I don't want to talk about him here.... the more he loses/chokes the better I feel.

"Canberra" did well to hang in there. Others faultered around him as suspected.
Old April 15, 2009, 05:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Even Masri Bowls Full Tosses in thr 50th Over of ODI's, Blew it on Thursday Missed some real easy opportunites. To his credit he made a game out of it on Sunday, he could have finished Par, Par and the rest would have folded.

He was aiming for 65 but got greedy going for a 63/64 finished with a 68.