facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2007, 10:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Bangladesh's performance can be explained by the F(x) = Sinx

Start from 0 and get belted for a while and then when you have that "nothing to loose" attitude, they go and hammer some big guns like Australia or India. Once they are on top, they get all nervous and then they get belted back to 0 sometimes to -1 from where they rise again. Just like a sine curve, it goes up and down and been like that for last couple of years.

What we need a performance of y = x where it will go up and up to infinity without ever going down.

Old March 21, 2007, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Bashar needs to bat and field better period. We need his batting improvement more than his captaincy improvement. If the rest of the players suck then captain can't do nothing. Who could he turn to when all the bowlers were hit around the park, at the same time if he could lead by example with hs batting and fielding then we could've atleast given them a run for their money.
Old March 21, 2007, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

I am mad at Bashar but not asking for his head as there is nobody better to replace him. But today when the team is under pressure, he needs to lead from the front. But his field placing and not taking risk when it is needed..i dont know how many times we've said it. Like today, right after Uthappa got out and Jayawardana came in and was not middling the ball well, at that time we definitely needed a slip (where he gave catch) but he never did. Things like this just make me mad
Old March 22, 2007, 12:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitY
I dont understand why Bashar comes so late in the order??? considering today's situation he should've come one down position. Sending Musfiq to bat at that time is like throwing him into fire [situation against India was different]. we needed someone with more exprience when both Vass and Malinga both are on fire. Also, Ashraful should bat 4/5 position not 6, this is just waste his experience/talent, as there's always a chance of running out of partner at the other end if he comes at 6th position, which is what happened today.

....Bashar needs to take a lil more responsibility. I remember how IMRAN Khan suggested Inzy to bat earlier in the innings, before the whole team gets into trouble. A lil more thiniking is required, IMO.

About captaincy, we've got no other choice, at least for another 1/2 yrs.

exactly.. did u see.. how nervous mushiq was when he was facing malinga?? those are very young guys.. donnt hve that much experience... at that time.. bashar shud have come to bat..

with bowling action like india zimbabwe or anyother team.. mushiq is good for 1 down
Old March 22, 2007, 12:21 AM

we have been critiquing Bashar's fielding intelligence for the past 2 years now... in the series vs Kenya one year ago, then SL one year ago, Then Aus. But once we got into minnow bashing it wasnt that important to us. Bashar has to be more innovative, he cannot continue to be complacent and wait for things to happen when we're bowling. Its one thing having an aggressive field and tightening the screw when Mash has gotten early wickets. And its quite another when Jayasuriya is tonking everyone all across the park. On-field intelligence and creativity will take us higher if we are to be consistent.

As for batting.... no comment. SL was a class act, and our batsmen's errors compounded the problems.
Old March 22, 2007, 12:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Absolutely well put. Sumon is a horrible field strategist, always waits for sth to happen. In soo many games we have been complaining on how defensive he is, and he doesnt comprehend how to make things happen. He has always been a captain who reacts to batsmen and places fields. Even in our prev match vs India where the ball was edged for 4 by the tailenders off Mashrafee - Bashar should have kept slips and an aggressive field. Its little instances like that which continue fail Bashar.
very well said both of you. the way bashar walks in the field seems like my grand father going for morning walk! he should be more positive. look at the other bdeshi players..walking in with their heads high...but bashar always looking down...and he missess all those innovative thinkings...i was thinking why he wasnt bringing aftab to bowl...same old bowler bowling even though they were thrashing us...but srilanka was too good.
Old March 22, 2007, 12:53 AM
Club Cricketer

Thumbs up Bashar is cool

only 4 bashar's captincy BD won cosscictently 4 last 2 ysrs.I know it's only minnows we played bt still u got to win.WARWOLF his name is either u can say habibul or bashar not hablu or somthing lik dat.N after loose 1 match u can't change a team's captain.N aftab is injured n bashar can't take any chance of him.If he hurts again by bowling thn the batting order of BD collapsed completely...u can only say BD were backfoooted by Srilankas 4rn da very 1st ball.So bashar's mindset was also backed n rest of the game he jsut followed the bashing of batsmen..
Old March 22, 2007, 12:57 AM
Club Cricketer

plz give aftab his position,,at number 3,,Thn ash ve 2 come earlier..they r quit experinced,,Now sakib n bashar ve 2 repair the innings,,,bt aftab n ashraful can make a game out 4rm nowhere in a very little time,,Com on we ve 2 use powerplaysss
Old March 22, 2007, 02:34 AM
Test Cricketer

did you guys see shahriar nafees!! he is balloning............
Old March 22, 2007, 02:40 AM
Street Cricketer

one bad game and you call for the captain's head. we are still a weak team compared to the top 8 and when one of them decides to bring their A game this sorts of things will happen

Bashar should stay as captain atleast for another year
Old March 22, 2007, 05:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Many of you have said that

-Just because we have lost One match, we shouldn't axe the Captain. -

Helloooooo! Were you guys in hibernation all these years? It's just not one game, it's more like 10+ games! His " Who to send into bowl now" strategy , his "fielding placement" strategy and his " Placing the slips " are appalling!

Rafique is still the best choice. Think about it very hard. Otherwise, we have to give it to Mashrafe.
Old March 22, 2007, 05:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahid
Otherwise, we have to give it to Mashrafe.
Pagla is his nick name!!!
Old March 22, 2007, 05:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Last day every thing just go against Bangladesh. So there is no question to change the captain. He missed catch, did some misfilding but all those are part of game. He is the successfull captain we have ever had. We just need to rely on our team.
Old March 22, 2007, 09:48 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethyst
without Rafique, Bashar and Golla, our boys are literally under 25 boys! :| captaincy is a big responsibility. i dont see anybody but Nafees. but for God's sake, he has to perform! cant get out in zero's!!
Hmmm... I agree.

Bashar i mone hoi world er ekmatro captain je kina shudhu captaincy korar jonnoi team e ase !! captain na hole to team ei chance peto na. Batting fielding e flop marleo amader onno kono upai nai apatoto. ei kutub kei mone hoi tene nie jete hobe aro kisudin !!
Old March 22, 2007, 10:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I agree with most of you about bashar.

He wants to be very safe.
IN SL game he didn't do anything to stop them scoring from 300+. I mean he didn't attack the new batsman like SL captain when even bermuda had a slip for him and dropped a catch in the first ball and hi\e also gave a chance in BD game in rafiq over in the slip too but there was no slip.
I guess about the balling change he couldn't do anything cause bd has no backup. Aftab is forbidden from bowling for his back pain. but i think its getting very close to drop him too.
Also I backup the captain for sending mush in IND game as there was only191 runs to get. But in SL game when chasing 300+ how come he sticked with the same game plan. I would have send ash in a heart beat for two reason
One we know he is capable of playing big innings and two he plays very well against SL and he has proved it over and over again. He made 50+ in the last game when we won against them. but if he could play some thing like he played against AUS or ENG we easily could have bettered our avg.

I have nothing to say. SL played brilliantly but we didn't do anything to stop the massacre.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 22, 2007, 10:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

One thing i want to menation which i said in another thread that I think big guns have figured out how to get our openers out.
I hope i am wrong but both of them got out exactly the same way in both games. Can anyone tell me whether SN got our more time like that or not? I am sure TI has a week point on balls crossing him from to his right to left. which he can't stop him self from khocha mara. this was a disease 3/4 ago with most of our batsmen i think its back with him too.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 22, 2007, 10:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

did anybody think abt Dr. Fakhruddin...he is a gr8 leader man...shudn't we choose him instead of Hablu???....hehehehe
Old March 22, 2007, 10:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Taking 5 bowlers in ODI team in day-in-day-out is a very risky business. I was suspecting it is going to bite us one day. If Aftab is not allowed to bowl, then he is not our 6th bowler. If we keep gambling on 5 bowler startegy pretty soon one of them will hit the 100 marks i.e. going to give 100 runs in 10 overs.
Old March 22, 2007, 07:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

we've only two person in the team for captaincy.. with past experience... and they are Nafees and AShraful..

ashraful-er inconsistency er karone shei vice-captaincy paini.. ja peyeche.. nafees.. but i think ashraful could be better than nafees as a captain...

nafees er boro bhaiyera thaka te.. shei eto taratari vice-captaincy peye geche... but amar mone hoi shei valo captain hote parbena.. tar fielding o bashar er moto... jodi shei nijeii fielding e korte parbena valo kore.. to fielding shajaibo ki kore..
Old March 22, 2007, 07:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

he is way too defensive. in last match between west indies and zimbabwe, utseya kept one slip till the last over and gave nothing away. bashar needs to kick the oppositions they are down
Old March 22, 2007, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

Ok we axe Habibul as captain.

Who we going to give captaincy to then?

Nafees? Looks like he's having trouble playing at a ball.
Rafique? The man who talks english worst in the team?
Mortaza? Mr. Injury?
Old March 23, 2007, 07:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Now the question is who will be the next captain? Also who will be the next coach? We must figure out these answers.
Old March 23, 2007, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahid
Don't worry.

He is gonna be kicked out of the team after this WC. He plays rubbish and is good for nothing.

We r only holding onto him till the WC.

Heck, he shud retire!

When was the last time we saw him hit a fiery 50??? 3 years ago?
Do you also think, he should be [edit]

Last edited by RazabQ; March 24, 2007 at 12:39 AM.. Reason: I know colloqually we say something like that in Bangla all the time, but given the recent developments ...
Old March 23, 2007, 07:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
If we keep gambling on 5 bowler startegy pretty soon one of them will hit the 100 marks i.e. going to give 100 runs in 10 overs.
That is still not the record
How about 150?
Old March 23, 2007, 04:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Some guys from BC are in TNT now. Can you guys convey our messages to the team? Most hopefully we are going to Super 8. As a weaker team we need our captain to be more innovative. We need to create pressure to win games. We just can't wait for some miracle to happen. Only playing in super 8 is not enough. We need to play well and put opponents under pressure to win matches. Please convey our message to the team, specially to the captain.