facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 2, 2007, 10:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default Your opinion about the best BD test team ever

After getting test status, our test team has been struggling upto now. Some argue that BD test team was at its best during some period in the past. In my view the current team is best. What's your opinion about it?

Last edited by WarWolf; July 2, 2007 at 11:18 PM..

Old July 2, 2007, 11:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

no comment, just your signature
Old July 2, 2007, 11:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

IMHO, this test side would've been better with Alok, the Iqbal brothers, Aftab, Dollar, Enam and Dhiman Ghosh IN, and the double Gollas, HaBa, Sharif, Rasel, Razzak and Pilot OUT. Razzak needs to transition from a containment SLA in ODIs to a strike bowler in tests, just as Shakib does. Shakib's batting potential, despite the recent failures, still give him the edge in my book. The others - i.e. the double Gollas, HaBa, Sharif, Rasel and Pilot - should be dropped.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 2, 2007, 11:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
IMHO, this test side would've been better with Alok, the Iqbal brothers, Aftab, Dollar, Enam and Dhiman Ghosh IN, and the double Gollas, HaBa, Sharif, Rasel, Razzak and Pilot OUT. Razzak needs to transition from a containment SLA in ODIs to a strike bowler in tests, just as Shakib does. Shakib's batting potential, despite the recent failures, still give him the edge in my book. The others - i.e. the double Gollas, HaBa, Sharif, Rasel and Pilot - should be dropped.
Good opinion. Sohel bhai, my intention was to get opinion about the team we have or we had in the past; not chosing the best possible 11.
Old July 2, 2007, 11:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Good opinion. Sohel bhai, my intention was to get opinion about the team we have or we had in the past; not chosing the best possible 11.
Then you're spot on, pretty much. I'd still keep the Fatullah team against the Aussies slightly ahead, despite the current team having a few more talented players.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 2, 2007, 11:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Actually the title of the thread was a bit misleading. Now changed it.
Old July 2, 2007, 11:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Atahar ali Khan, Javed Omar, Mohammed Ashraful, Aminul Islam Bulbul, Habibul Bashar, Shahriar Nafees, khaled Mashud, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mohammed Rafiq, Hasibul Hossain Shanto, Shahadat Hossain.
Old July 3, 2007, 01:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
After getting test status, our test team has been struggling upto now. Some argue that BD test team was at its best during some period in the past. In my view the current team is best. What's your opinion about it?
7 years is a long time for any team to learn and become a very competitive side, The players are not learning form their mistakes. If they don't want to learn and do their homework for learning how to play Murali's or Malinga's delivery they will never become a good test side.
They watched Malinga on Tv they should know about his bowling attack and ask the coach for suggestions and try to learn from their mistakes. Any normal human being can do that except Bangladeshi players.
I don't think they have the Positive attitude towards the game. The test status came quite easily fro Bangladesh.
ITS HARD TO BELIEVE THE FACT IF THEY REALLY DESERVE IT OR NOT.
Old July 3, 2007, 07:58 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Slysaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
7 years is a long time for any team to learn and become a very competitive side, The players are not learning form their mistakes. If they don't want to learn and do their homework for learning how to play Murali's or Malinga's delivery they will never become a good test side.
They watched Malinga on Tv they should know about his bowling attack and ask the coach for suggestions and try to learn from their mistakes. Any normal human being can do that except Bangladeshi players.
I don't think they have the Positive attitude towards the game. The test status came quite easily fro Bangladesh.
ITS HARD TO BELIEVE THE FACT IF THEY REALLY DESERVE IT OR NOT.
bangladesh players has no reason to perform, most the players do not face any challenge about their position, why they are the best there is in bangladesh. they get paid in full, doesnt matter if they play 5 days or 1 or 2 days.
whole sale changes are required ..
Old July 3, 2007, 08:19 AM
Cricket Guru

kaje shobai hasha hasi kortese...aei lojja koi rakbo.
Old July 3, 2007, 08:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

"বৃক্ষ তোমার নাম কি?"
"ফলে পরিচয়"

যে দলটি টেস্ট ম্যাচে এযাবৎকালে বাংলাদেশের সর্বনিম্ন স্কোর করে ফেললো তাকে সেরা দল বলি কিভাবে? কোন দল সেরা, সেটা তাদের খেলার ফলাফল আর সময়ের সাথে তাদের উন্নতির ধারাই বলে দিবে। জনগনের দাবিতে দল তৈরী করলেই তা সেরা দল হবে, এমন মনে করার কোন কারন নাই!
Old July 3, 2007, 08:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

This is definitely the best Bd team ever, in terms of surprises at least.Way ahead of Australia.Anyone 2nd that?
Old July 3, 2007, 10:01 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

well it has taken India 20 yrs to win its first test....but one can't compare situation that time to now, a lot of things have changed, and teams have better facility and resources... this kinda performance will be a stumble block in the future developement of BD test cricket.
Old July 3, 2007, 10:09 AM
Cricket Guru

BCB if you don't wake up...we will wake you up...
Old July 3, 2007, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

The team that played the first inning of the first test (both bowling and batting) was teh Best BD team.

If i look back at that Test, there is NO WAY i can see BD team playing the way it played after that match.
Old July 3, 2007, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I have to agree with DJ. With the likes of Bulbul, Durjoy, Bashar... that looks like a very matured team that scored 400 runs in one innings.. Can you expect that from this team? Another great team was the team that visited West Indies when we declared for the first time... ahhhh,, good old days when we used to play test cricket..!!!