facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 22, 2011, 11:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul
Default Independent Palestinian Statehood and American Veto

It is all but set that Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas will apply for a full independent Palestinian statehood at the United Nations tomorrow, Friday. Barack "Hussein" Obama has already made it abundantly clear that he will "veto" this and tried to dissuade Abbas from such action. To me, this clearly reveals the true nature of American and ,particularly, Obama's hypocrisy towards Palestine and Middle East peace process. Previously, Obama did declare that he will support an Independent Palestinian Statehood.

Waiting eagerly to see the drama to be unfolded at the "United Nations" and the aftermath. God help us!

Old September 22, 2011, 11:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Obama, you are nothing but a shameless scumbag!!! I have had it with you, all that support and effort/work for you out the window....now I am ashammed of you as a human, anything, a person that I once I screamed, shouted for and casted my vote for, convinced my rural relatives to vote for....now I am nothing but dissapointed and disgusted!!
Old September 22, 2011, 11:34 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I actually had high hopes on Obama. He failed measurably. Be it politics or economy....
Old September 22, 2011, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I actually had high hopes on Obama. ....
And, I ,actually, thought some people believed Obama to be the anti-christ himself -serving his Dajjalic system!

Lol @ BK
Old September 22, 2011, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

And the irony is that veto by a Nobel Peace Prize Laureate! what a disgrace.
Old September 22, 2011, 01:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Obama says all or most of the right things, but his actions ultimately cannot comply even at the risk of open and obvious embarassment in the international stage. And the embarassment will be lessened by the fact that France and UK would also veto, if I recall correctly.

The Israel lobby is too strong...its like constantly having your king in check and hoping all over the board , whilst not being in checkmate.

The General Assembly will pass it through. Any idea on what happens if GA approves and SC vetoes? Does Palestine get permanent observer status then?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 22, 2011, 02:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Obama is a smart politician and he follows his own agendas. Obama doesn't want to jeopardize his future in politics especially with an upcoming election next year. Personally, I've been his supporter for most of the things he's accomplished thus far and his excellent speeches, but I couldn't see eye to eye on Obama's United Nations address regarding peace issues between certain countries!

President Obama Addresses the UN General Assembly:
Old September 22, 2011, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

"I got six words fotr Obama - Long live Palestine, long live gaza" - owkey.
Old September 22, 2011, 02:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

On the other hand if he doesn't veto it, his election fund gets cut in half, he loses the Jewish vote, his opponents paint him as the friend of the terrorists and quite possibly he loses the election itself. I don't condone his actions but I can see why he is doing it. It is a systematic failure more than a failure on the part of the individual himself.
Old September 22, 2011, 02:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

The Jewish lobby is extremely strong. I read it NYT, more than 80 republican congress members visited Israel in the last year. Few even said they trust Netanyahu's words more than Obama's in peace plan.

Its really a shame for the so called "best democratic" country in the world to be held hostage by petty politics of Israel.
Old September 22, 2011, 03:16 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Shocked at some of the responses....

Obama isn't superman. You think there is better person than him in current US politics?

As for Palestine issue, there are things even presidents can't do. Israel lobby and money is just too strong. Real hypocrites are the Arabs, doing pretty much nothing for Palestine. Sheikhs' mansions are just getting bigger.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Last edited by Nasif; September 22, 2011 at 06:44 PM..
Old September 22, 2011, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

So whats his logic behind the veto??
He must have given a reasoning!
Old September 22, 2011, 03:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif

Obama isn't superman. You think there is better person than him in current US politics.

As for Palestine issue, there are things even presidents can't do. Israel lobby and money is just too strong. Real hypocrites are the Arabs, doing pretty much nothing for Palestine. Sheikhs' mansions are just getting bigger.

I agree that Israel lobby is very strong but Obama just gave in to their demands. In UN last year, he said something like "We can see a new Palestinian state sitting with us next year". The year came and he made it clear that he would VETO any membership proposal. He is very bold in the defense of Israel. I know its politics but he just doesn't show similar sympathy for the Palestinians.

The Arabs turned away from the Palestinian issue in the last 20 years. It was their common agenda against West during the 50s and 60s, during the reign of Gamal Abdel Nasser and his Pan-Arab vision. After his death and 1967 war, everyone seemed to compromise.

But recent involvement of Turkey is very positive. This is one Muslim country that I really admire, especially under the AKP government. I wish Bangladesh could emulate something like Turkey which is growing tremendously in both economics and politics. Turkey is getting very vocal against Israeli oppression and that would have an effect in the future.
Old September 22, 2011, 03:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
And the irony is that veto by a Nobel Peace Prize Laureate! what a disgrace.
A very good one. This is shame for this human race as well for the Noble committee.

It shows how our civilization is dwindling to decay.
Old September 22, 2011, 03:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I agree that Israel lobby is very strong but Obama just gave in to their demands. In UN last year, he said something like "We can see a new Palestinian state sitting with us next year". The year came and he made it clear that he would VETO any membership proposal. He is very bold in the defense of Israel. I know its politics but he just doesn't show similar sympathy for the Palestinians.

The Arabs turned away from the Palestinian issue in the last 20 years. It was their common agenda against West during the 50s and 60s, during the reign of Gamal Abdel Nasser and his Pan-Arab vision. After his death and 1967 war, everyone seemed to compromise.

But recent involvement of Turkey is very positive. This is one Muslim country that I really admire, especially under the AKP government. I wish Bangladesh could emulate something like Turkey which is growing tremendously in both economics and politics. Turkey is getting very vocal against Israeli oppression and that would have an effect in the future.
good analysis. But the problem is camels (Not Turkey) take a long time to learn and then apply.
Old September 22, 2011, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

Only months ago Obama went out of the way to speak out on 2-state solution with 1967 border claims. Thats as far as US presidents can go without killing any chance of re-election. Now, that he isn't backing Palestine on self-statehood; he becomes the bad guy? He took a lot of heat from Zionists as well as from the right for that speech.

I am not saying Palestinian asking for state is bad move. They have every right to do that, and they should do that; but we have to understand that US president can't directly accept that without political backlash. That's the reality.

There is no utopia where everyone is happy-happy. US will always be on Israel's side, that's the reality. This president is atleast rational in some of his actions.

This current issue puts Obama in a difficult spot. Lets see how it progresses.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old September 22, 2011, 06:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Nasif bhai is very right here I completely agree.
Old September 22, 2011, 07:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Only months ago Obama went out of the way to speak out on 2-state solution with 1967 border claims. Thats as far as US presidents can go without killing any chance of re-election. Now, that he isn't backing Palestine on self-statehood; he becomes the bad guy? He took a lot of heat from Zionists as well as from the right for that speech.

I am not saying Palestinian asking for state is bad move. They have every right to do that, and they should do that; but we have to understand that US president can't directly accept that without political backlash. That's the reality.

There is no utopia where everyone is happy-happy. US will always be on Israel's side, that's the reality. This president is atleast rational in some of his actions.

This current issue puts Obama in a difficult spot. Lets see how it progresses.
agree.....Palestinians should have gone to that path after Obama's relection. They rushed too much and put the president in a very difficult political situation.
Old September 22, 2011, 10:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

torko-bitorko besh jome utheche ...............

anyway LEARNT a lot about israel-palestine .......

so keep it up, i need to learn more about the israel-palestine issue
Old September 22, 2011, 11:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Not surprised by Obama's flip-flop in this issue, as a matter of fact in many issues, and not disappointed in his performance so far which showed his lack of experience, leadership, vision and commitment. He has flexible backbone and bent a lot under pressure. He tend to go with the flow.

None of these are surprise to me, because its consistent with what I thought about him for a while now.

Palestinians should wait for Obama's re-election? Yes they could wait... but only if they thought:
a) Obama will be re-elected; and b) Re-elected Obama will be committed to Palestinian issue and take risk fighting against Jewish Lobby.

Obviously they (Palestinians) believed neither of them will happen. And so do I (even though its too early to predict the outcome of the election).

So why wait and save Obama's As$ for now. Lets expose his hypocrisy. And that's what they are doing. So kudos to them.
Old September 23, 2011, 12:15 AM
Administrator

^^^ and you think Rick Perry will be there to rescue the Palestinians?

Palestinians are doing what they need to do. Unfortunately, Obama has to say, what he must say. Its simple as that. Its politics after all.

If trying to be reasonable is called "flip-flopping", then I must say that GOP has had great success in spreading their rhetoric. It is amazing that the group of people (and their idiotic president), who practically bankrupted the country in a decade after huge surplus, comes back and says "NO" every single thing. Its truly the "chorer maar boro gola". If they had all these ideas, where were these when the country was being swallowed by Chinese debt.

Only mistake Obama made is to even think that bipartisanship would work out eventually.

Watching the idiots in the GOP debate beats SNL; other day, one of them said "Kill Dept. Of Education!" These clowns want to be president? LOL,

And people question Obama's leadership.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old September 23, 2011, 12:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
^^^ and you think Rick Perry will be there to rescue the Palestinians?

Palestinians are doing what they need to do. Unfortunately, Obama has to say, what he must say. Its simple as that. Its politics after all.

If trying to be reasonable is called "flip-flopping", then I must say that GOP has had great success in spreading their rhetoric. It is amazing that the group of people (and their idiotic president), who practically bankrupted the country in a decade after huge surplus, comes back and says "NO" every single thing. Its truly the "chorer maar boro gola". If they had all these ideas, where were these when the country was being swallowed by Chinese debt.

Only mistake Obama made is to even think that bipartisanship would work out eventually.

Watching the idiots in the GOP debate beats SNL; other day, one of them said "Kill Dept. Of Education!" These clowns want to be president? LOL,

And people question Obama's leadership.
As an observer of US politics. All the mess was created by some one and the same guys are trying to accuse Obama for that. It's really funny.

But I don't know if he had any option on Palestine statehood. He could have abstained from veto .... And could have taken a middle ground by abstaining, could see what the rest of the world thinks on this issue.
Old September 23, 2011, 12:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:

Obama isn't superman. You think there is better person than him in current US politics?

Agree.

I think they are coming forward now and this move is backed by the Arabs. Saudis have just pledged over 200 million and has committed to fill up the requirements should the US funds stop as a retaliation to this move. That info came from a Palestinian spokes person.

Reasons are well understood, Saudis are pissed off with US for backing the Arab awakening as they say and are scared of unrest in their own country. So reviving the old issue and backing Palestinians is the only way to put pressure on US.

All politics. And if anyone is sympathetic to Palestinian cause, Saidis are the biggest criminal of doing politics with it. US and UK's positions are understandable.
Old September 23, 2011, 01:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Dear Nasif,

This is not about a tutorial in "real politik". If it was so then Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto would have been perfectly right in his opposition against the State of Bangladesh at the UN. And we Bangladeshi should have just accepted it as such. Lets not deflect focus away from its place and come up with red herrings such as the "real Arab hypocrites" and shift blames on them. Frankly, I find this quite disturbing. This "Arab hypocrites" are not the epitome of justice and democracy. Last I heard, they were a bunch of dictators, despots, tyrants and oligarchs who only takes order from their Imperial masters. Not the other way around. Lest you have forgotten -there are 'Days of Rage' going on all over the Arab lands.

Lets call a spade a spade -shall we? The least we are capable of doing. Obama promised to withdraw troops from Afghanistan during his election campaign. We know what he did! He has pretty much backtrackd on ALL of his "promise". He is waging MORE wars than Bush. Frankly, do you think it is our business to be concern about his "political career" and Israeli lobby. Can we not point out his and western "democracy's" blatant hypocrisy, at least? Can we not take him to task for all of his pre-election promises? YES WE CAN!
Old September 23, 2011, 01:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Dear Nasif,

This is not about a tutorial in "real politik". If it was so then Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto would have been perfectly right in his opposition against the State of Bangladesh at the UN. And we Bangladeshi should have just accepted it as such. Lets not deflect focus away from its place and come up with red herrings such as the "real Arab hypocrites" and shift blames on them. Frankly, I find this quite disturbing. This "Arab hypocrites" are not the epitome of justice and democracy. Last I heard, they were a bunch of dictators, despots, tyrants and oligarchs who only takes order from their Imperial masters. Not the other way around. Lest you have forgotten -there are 'Days of Rage' going on all over the Arab lands.

Lets call a spade a spade -shall we? The least we are capable of doing. Obama promised to withdraw troops from Afghanistan during his election campaign. We know what he did! He has pretty much backtrackd on ALL of his "promise". He is waging MORE wars than Bush. Frankly, do you think it is our business to be concern about his "political career" and Israeli lobby. Can we not point out his and western "democracy's" blatant hypocrisy, at least? Can we not take him to task for all of his pre-election promises? YES WE CAN!

Could not have been said any better......

BanCricFan for president........YES YOU CAN!!
BanCricFan!!