facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 6, 2012, 05:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
paid a lower salary or in full? Bench warmers may not get full payments like the ones playing on the field. I wish i could see the contract.
they will not get paid full if they are not playing the match...May be in the other thread (Shak's one) someone mentioned they will get something like 20% less...But still you get free money...let Tamim enjoy all those Golgappa ice cream

Old April 6, 2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
they will not get paid full if they are not playing the match...May be in the other thread (Shak's one) someone mentioned they will get something like 20% less...But still you get free money...let Tamim enjoy all those Golgappa ice cream
Yes, you are right. A bench-warmer gets 20% per 1st IPL contact I believe. Don't know if it has been changed or not?
Old April 6, 2012, 06:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Didnt tamim do well in Practice match? wasnt ganguly impressed with tamim? wasnt it the same player that made malinga look ordinary in the asia cup match?

And you replace it with aus players who dont get chance in their NATIONAL TEAM
Old April 6, 2012, 06:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
neither ryder nor tamim is in the XI

both are left out
I think being the most petuk two batsmen in the team they ate something dodgy, both are probably on IV saline somewhere in hospital or worse the dressing room toilets
Old April 6, 2012, 06:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
A deliberate ploy to help tamim gain an elephantine physique so he doesn't do well in the t20 world cup?
Old April 6, 2012, 06:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

this is the reason why I'm never so excited about BD players playing in IPL because I know they will be ignored no matter how good form /record/performance they have.
Old April 6, 2012, 07:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Screw it. Let's look forward to the Friends Life T20. Shakib is likely to play for Northamptonshire though nothing has been confirmed yet. Hope Tamim gets a spot too in a team. Last year, he was pretty decent with Notts Outlaws. Hope to see him again this year too. Atleast our boy's aren't underestimated there.
Old April 6, 2012, 07:23 AM
Banned

shakib was saying that he was looking for 'REST' Well the KKR management gave it to them

And now Tamim is made to sit down. what luck, couldnt play in BPL, now ignored in IPL. But who cares? He is one of the best opener at present, noone can take THAT away from him
Old April 6, 2012, 07:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD128
Screw it. Let's look forward to the Friends Life T20. Shakib is likely to play for Northamptonshire though nothing has been confirmed yet. Hope Tamim gets a spot too in a team. Last year, he was pretty decent with Notts Outlaws. Hope to see him again this year too. Atleast our boy's aren't underestimated there.
Northampton have signed Cameron White as second T20 overseas player. And Shakib has also stated he needs couple of weeks break after IPL. If he does not play this season in Friends Life T 20, I won't be too disappointed but I hope BCB put something in place for national squad before Zimbabwe series. We hardly practiced before last years tour to Zim and you know what happened. Let's not repeat it this year.
Old April 6, 2012, 09:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Looks like Pune Warriors have won their first clash without Tamim's IPL services quite comfortably. Hope he gets his opportunity to play the next game!!!
Old April 6, 2012, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by banindfan
Looks like Pune Warriors have won their first clash without Tamim's IPL services quite comfortably. Hope he gets his opportunity to play the next game!!!
HIghly doubt that. The only chance for tamim was for others to fail badly, as in getting after every alternative matches. But now that team won they prob. wont break the W.Combo

And knowing the coaches they are gonna pick australian player over tamim if the present group fails

Last edited by Zunaid; April 6, 2012 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: mod.edit
Old April 6, 2012, 09:51 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
HIghly doubt that. The only chance for tamim was for others to fail badly, as in getting after every alternative matches. But now that team won they prob. wont break the W.Combo

And knowing the coaches they are gonna pick another australian player over tamim if the present group fails
But they should know that they failed miserably in the opening. And as ganguly batting up front for his own sake he needs someone aggressive to help him release some pressure. But on a neutral point of view i would not like to break the winning combination

Last edited by Zunaid; April 6, 2012 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: mod.edit
Old April 6, 2012, 10:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

on some way it could be good for tamim to get benched : he will be hungrier to proove that he is world class and will work hard on his game and perform better for Bangladesh .
and at the end of the days , for us that what really matter.
we fellow , Pune and KKR because of Shakib and Tamim so if they don't plays : if these teams win or loss it's equal to us
Old April 6, 2012, 12:21 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
A deliberate ploy to help tamim gain an elephantine physique so he doesn't do well in the t20 world cup?
On the other hand, the illnesses that might be caused by eating pani puri, bhel puri, gola icecreams and lassi off the street may cause him to lose a lot of weight (!!)
Old April 6, 2012, 12:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
On the other hand, the illnesses that might be caused by eating pani puri, bhel puri, gola icecreams and lassi off the street may cause him to lose a lot of weight (!!)
haha,good one NAvo.
eishob khabar bideshe paile ami nijer upor proyog kortam.
Old April 6, 2012, 03:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Boycott ipl !!!
Old April 7, 2012, 01:52 PM
BC Editorial Team

Andy Zaltzman ‏ @ZaltzCricket

STAT ALERT: Since Tamim Iqbal in 2010, Eng have conceded 13 centuries. Average age of centurions: 34yrs 8mths. Only Azhar Ali aged under 31.

12:54 PM - 7 Apr 12 via TweetDeck · Details

Only a matter of time before Kohli and De Villiers get one (or several)
Old April 7, 2012, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

What is Andy trying to say? That you need experience to get a century against them? That Tamim would have a harder time now? Or is Tamim a class act - is that what he is trying to say?

( I don't have twitter)
Old April 9, 2012, 10:48 PM
BC Editorial Team

Zsayeed bhai, I think he's trying to say that Tamim is a class act. And precocious.

In any case, where is everyone? Surprised that such a big article on Bangladesh and Tamim was not noticed:

Bangladesh needs to play more Tests - Tamim
Siddharth Talya
April 10, 2012

Tamim Iqbal has said Bangladesh's performance in the Asia Cup was a turning point in its cricket history but his team could only carry such form into the five-day format if it played Test matches on a more regular basis. According to the Future Tours Programme, Bangladesh only play 42 Test matches until the end of 2020, with no tours of India and England. Their next Test assignment is against Zimbabwe in August.

"That's the main problem for Bangladesh," Tamim, 23, told ESPNcricinfo. "The moment we start to do well in Test match cricket, we get a year's break or a 14-month break. If we want to really improve in Test match cricket, we need to play the format a lot more. You see us playing ODI cricket for quite some time and quite regularly, and the performance is changing. The world is seeing that Bangladesh is coming up. It's the same with Test cricket.

"We need to play a lot of Test matches to improve, to gain confidence, to learn how to deal with situations and play session by session."

Bangladesh have lost 63 of their 73 Tests, winning only three since their debut in 2000-01. They've had more success in ODIs and, most recently, almost won the Asia Cup, falling short by three runs in the final against Pakistan. They beat India and Sri Lanka en route to that final, and ran Pakistan close both times they played.

"We have been playing international cricket for quite some time now and we needed something like this," Tamim said. "Scoring hundreds is a habit. Winning matches is a habit. Against India, we chased down 290. Sometimes when the opposition teams batted first and got to around 300, if you are not habituated to chasing down those kind of runs you get confused. So, when you start doing it, you know what to do, how to go about it, make plans and how to bat.

"The more matches we'll start to win, the better we'll get. So, this was a great tournament for us because we chased in every single game and did very well. The boys will remember how we did it and take it forward."

The Asia Cup was preceded by the inaugural edition of the Bangladesh Premier League. Tamim missed much of that tournament due to injury, but said it had an impact on the national team's Asia Cup showing as the experience of playing with other international stars made its players more self-confident. "In Bangladesh domestic cricket, you're facing bowlers bowling at 125-130kmph, so sometimes it's hard to adjust when playing international cricket.

"But here you've seen Shakib [Al Hasan] playing some unbelievable shots, which was rare for him. Mushfiqur [Rahim] played an unbelievable innings against India, hitting sixes. So they're getting this kind of confidence from BPL."

The build-up to the Asia Cup was mired in controversy surrounding Tamim's exclusion from the squad, but he was eventually drafted in and went on to get four half-centuries in a row in the competition. Tamim admitted he'd been in poor form in the home series against Pakistan but said he'd been able to recover through practice and showing more determination at the crease.

"These things happened to me in the last series against Pakistan, and to be very honest I panicked," he said, about a series in which he had scores of 0,4 and 0 in the ODIs and averaged just 15 in the Tests. "I wasn't sure what to do, whether I should relax etc. I practiced really hard, did everything possible to score runs and I went there, took my time and eventually it happened."

Tamim, who is the third-highest run-getter for Bangladesh in Tests and ODIs currently, was grateful for the support of his team-mates during his exclusion and after his return to the Asia Cup squad. "Sometimes, when these kinds of things happen in different teams, they talk about it. They ask you, 'Why did this happen and why were you dropped?'. The best part of my team was they never talked about this, they always trusted my ability and knew what I'm capable of.

"If someone else goes through the same period, the boys should react the same way. It's not the first time a cricketer is facing this kind of thing. It'll happen again, it's a part of life you know."

Tamim had an excellent run in the Asia Cup but was disappointed not to have converted those fifties into bigger scores. "When you're going through a good patch, you should make it count as much as possible. Someone like Virat Kohli, he's doing tremendously well, scoring hundreds every second game. The way I got out in the final wasn't good, that is something to work on."

Tamim was signed up by Pune Warriors before the ongoing IPL season. "I'm lucky to be part of Pune Warriors because you've got Indian legends like Sourav Ganguly, someone like Michael Clarke is also a great player. I'm young and I have a lot to learn."
Old April 10, 2012, 02:58 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Navo, I bet everyone also missed on the audio clip of his interview with Sid Talya in the latter half of the Time Out. He handled himself well and again, like Shamim in Time Out, said the right things. Felt great to listen to two quality conversations involving Bangladesh cricket and Bangladesh's cricket personalities.
Old April 10, 2012, 04:08 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
IPL is managed by brain-damaged Convict (Australian) coaches, who are not the brightest people around as we all know.
Steady now... the BCB won't like that
Old April 10, 2012, 05:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Thanks NAvo for TI's article.
Good article.
Old April 10, 2012, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

What!
The FC league is preempted by DPL, BPL, Monsoon, Politics - and we want to cry to ICC FTP??????????????
Say the same to your board first and then talk to ICC after you (as in BD/BCB) prove yourself!

When was the last time Tamim played an FC match?
Old April 10, 2012, 11:42 AM
BC Editorial Team

^ But TIK has a point though. Even when the FC matches are on, the quality of the cricket is poor and isn't really 'first class'. It's still a big step up to go from 120-130 kmph bowlers to 140+ kmph bowlers who bowl throughout the day.

The administrators need to revamp our first class structure desperately but that doesn't excuse the ICC from jilting us in the FTP.
Old April 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

As the youngest Test Playing Nation - the burden lies firmly in the administrators of the NCL.
They are sending the message that the nation does not care for the longer version at home!

And being a young player - Tamim probaly does not know how many games a year the new teams SL, NZ, Zim payed when they first started. I would love to see more tests - but not when we get our *** handed to us.