facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 8, 2017, 09:19 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Its not his ability... its his lack of brain. We saw that brilliant yorker that got Nafees and then runout one was a sick delivery too... But he still doesnt have the brain to realize that thats his strength and not the short stuff he is so fond of. He may succeed with Bikings because there isnt anyone in the squad that can replace him. But when you get tonked by Lasith Malinga.. you know you have a long way to go

Old November 9, 2017, 02:52 PM
Cricket Guru

BCB should consider hiring Misbah as a consultant, to instill some common sense among our players!

Quote:
‘আজ সকালে মিসবাহ (উল-হক) ভাই নাশতার টেবিলে একটি কথা বলেছেন, ফকির হলে নিজের বুদ্ধিতে ফকির হও। নিজের বুদ্ধিতে বল করে মার খাও। মানুষের কথা শোনার চেয়ে আমি আমার মনের কথা শোনার চেষ্টা করেছি।’ - তাসকিন

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BF%E0%A6%A8
Old November 9, 2017, 04:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
BCB should consider hiring Misbah as a consultant, to instill some common sense among our players!
I think Misbah would make an Amazing coach as well.

#UnpopularOpinion.

I have tremendous amount of respect for Misbah both as a player and as a human being. He has actually praised BD cricket in the past.
Old November 9, 2017, 04:50 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Some of the IPL teams have done well hiring ex-players as coaches without coaching experience. So, I am not opposed to the idea.
Old November 13, 2017, 12:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Can a coach install "common sense" to the players? How is that possible?

Either you have it or you don't.

If a player don't have common sense, He shouldn't be playing for the national team.

btw common sense is different than inexperience.
Old November 13, 2017, 12:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Tashkeen koto wicket pailo kaalke?
Old November 13, 2017, 01:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_E
Are we going to blame Walsh for this?
"So meh throw the corn, but me nah call no fowl. Me say coo-coo coo-coo, me say caw-caw caw-caw...and who the cap fits, let them wear it."
We are surely not going to praise Walsh for the recent rise/success. lol.
Top performer in BPL now. 6 wickets with Strike rate of 11.
Old November 13, 2017, 01:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
We are surely not going to praise Walsh for the recent rise/success. lol.
Top performer in BPL now. 6 wickets with Strike rate of 11.
Econ rate is more imp in limited overs. Of course wickets at key moments is also key which is why Hasan Ali has made such an impact so far.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 13, 2017, 02:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
But we must ask ourselves, what kind of Fakir are we talking about?

Addhattik (spiritual) Fakir or Fakir the beggar?

If you are going to be Addhattik Fakir, great!
But if you decide to be Fakir the beggar, remember, there will be NO Nashta (breakfast) on the table.
Old November 13, 2017, 03:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Econ rate is more imp in limited overs. Of course wickets at key moments is also key which is why Hasan Ali has made such an impact so far.
^^Exactly! That's why Rashid Khan and Mohammad Sami are way more important to their BPL teams than Taskin with econ rate of 10. Among local pacers, Saifuddin, AH Rony, Mash, Shahid, etc are faring much better than Taskin.

Also, unlike AJ Rahi or AH Rony, Taskin does not give early breakthroughs. He gets wickets when teams trying to accelerate and don't care to save wickets as much.
Old November 13, 2017, 03:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
But we must ask ourselves, what kind of Fakir are we talking about?

Addhattik (spiritual) Fakir or Fakir the beggar?

If you are going to be Addhattik Fakir, great!
But if you decide to be Fakir the beggar, remember, there will be NO Nashta (breakfast) on the table.
BK Bhai, you are too long away from Dhaka. Fakir is the 2nd best profession after politicians. Now days they ask for menu before committing to free lunch.
Old November 13, 2017, 05:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
^^Exactly! That's why Rashid Khan and Mohammad Sami are way more important to their BPL teams than Taskin with econ rate of 10. Among local pacers, Saifuddin, AH Rony, Mash, Shahid, etc are faring much better than Taskin.

Also, unlike AJ Rahi or AH Rony, Taskin does not give early breakthroughs. He gets wickets when teams trying to accelerate and don't care to save wickets as much.
Out of all those Rony deserves a call up to our LOI sides the most. I think he can be a useful seamer. Has his pace improved at all? I did see him get to 135 in the first game, but if thats his top speed its a bit disappointing.

Im not a fan of Saifuddins bowling even he is tallish...but I like his batting ability. Same reason I liked Abul who actually had decent technique.

Btw Mishu I think actually got drafted either this year or last year by a BPL team...not sure which one.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 13, 2017, 05:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
No it's not, in T20 they catch up with rr all the time, wickets slow the rr down for everyone, you bowl economically it'll bring only your economy down

You can make 100 in 10 overs, you won't get anywhere if you lose 8 wickets as the tale won't do much in those 10

Both are vital and a team needs both economic bowlers and wicket takers, rare few like mustafizur, rashid, Narine and so on manage both - Taskin is simply not talented enough to do both, he's a wicket taker

Old November 13, 2017, 08:47 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
No it's not, in T20 they catch up with rr all the time, wickets slow the rr down for everyone, you bowl economically it'll bring only your economy down

You can make 100 in 10 overs, you won't get anywhere if you lose 8 wickets as the tale won't do much in those 10

Both are vital and a team needs both economic bowlers and wicket takers, rare few like mustafizur, rashid, Narine and so on manage both - Taskin is simply not talented enough to do both, he's a wicket taker
But you must factor in the situation they are getting the wickets in. For example, Taskin isnt exactly picking up wickets early on. For example, if a team is 124/1 after 12 overs and taskin gets 3 wickets in the next 2 overs and team is at 144/3.. the damage is done already.. I am not saying thats always the case but Taskin's starts are very damaging at times.
Old November 16, 2017, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
But you must factor in the situation they are getting the wickets in. For example, Taskin isnt exactly picking up wickets early on. For example, if a team is 124/1 after 12 overs and taskin gets 3 wickets in the next 2 overs and team is at 144/3.. the damage is done already.. I am not saying thats always the case but Taskin's starts are very damaging at times.
I was making a more general post regarding wickets and economy

As for timing of wickets, damage is not already done when team is on 120, you can only use that line, if it's 18 overs gone, even then wickets can take away 10% of the runs with wickets on the 18th over

Wickets throughout apart from last over is vital, and in my opinion wickets have more value than economy in first 14-16 overs depending on the match situation of course as you can't fully generalise

As for taskin, I agree on T20s his first over is always poor, in odis his first spell is often poor

He's often stuck in two minds, if it go short go full on wagner hamrison, or go line and length, he often mixes it up with awful results

Old November 16, 2017, 08:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Which shoe Taskin will wear today? The brown, the black or the colorful one?
Old November 17, 2017, 11:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Taskin is a nice kid. I really like him as a person. Today they took a brief interview of his dad. for nothing else I hope some day he will make his dad a proud dad.

he has all the talent to be very good bowler. But may be he is not ready for the national team, May be its best for all if they give him a brief break for him to sort things out. Its not helping anybody...

In the mean time I would rather see Rony and Chowdhury get a brief opportunity so that they can find out how ready they are.
Old November 18, 2017, 05:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Rony deserves a call up for LOI side. Id throw Hossain Ali in as well...he has a nasty bouncer when he gets the length right. 19 yo and bowling at 140 is exciting.

Ebadat should take Taskin's spot in Tests. Mustafiz and Ebadat should be our seam bowling pair for Tests.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 18, 2017, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Rony deserves a call up for LOI side. Id throw Hossain Ali in as well...he has a nasty bouncer when he gets the length right. 19 yo and bowling at 140 is exciting.

Ebadat should take Taskin's spot in Tests. Mustafiz and Ebadat should be our seam bowling pair for Tests.
Hossain Ali sprays it all over the shop from what I've seen, need time to develop, let's not throw anther teenager into the lion's den

What has Ebadat done to show that he should be in the test team, I find it ridiculous people just ignore Roy, he's been a very consistent performer and he's much better groomed in first class cricket than the rest, Ebadat isn't something special like mustafizur, he should get in line with the likes of taskin and Rony, it should quite clearly be Roy and Mustafiz on performance and ability

Old November 18, 2017, 07:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Rony should definitely be in amongst it in the shorter formats. I wouldn't totally disregard him for tests, he might not have the best FC record but he's a decent line and length bowler and he has variations a bit like fizz which is why he does so well in shorter formats.

Taskin needs a break from test cricket imo.

Truth is we don't have a good partner for fizz in tests, Roy might have a decent FC record but so far he has not been impressive in the test format, decent line and length sure but we need results so Roy could be a stop gap measure but ultimately we must continue looking for a bowler who will give us the results in tests.
Old November 18, 2017, 08:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Hossain Ali sprays it all over the shop from what I've seen, need time to develop, let's not throw anther teenager into the lion's den

What has Ebadat done to show that he should be in the test team, I find it ridiculous people just ignore Roy, he's been a very consistent performer and he's much better groomed in first class cricket than the rest, Ebadat isn't something special like mustafizur, he should get in line with the likes of taskin and Rony, it should quite clearly be Roy and Mustafiz on performance and ability
Ebadat bowled fairly well in the A team game vs Ireland. Yes its only Ireland, but the pitches aren't exactly seam friendly.

Roy is the Test version of limited overs Al Amin, has good stats due to lucky wickets with batsmen slogging away. Neither of them are wicket takers so we might as well try Ebadat and see how he does.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 18, 2017, 09:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Congrats. Wish him all the best.

Banglar cricket Hunk, all hitched now. Millions of girls heartbroken

Congrats to Bichitra's Magazine's S***iest Man Alive 2017!

[I just realized putting asterisk actually makes it sound more dirty and as if taboo.]

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 19, 2017, 06:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Ebadat bowled fairly well in the A team game vs Ireland. Yes its only Ireland, but the pitches aren't exactly seam friendly.

Roy is the Test version of limited overs Al Amin, has good stats due to lucky wickets with batsmen slogging away. Neither of them are wicket takers so we might as well try Ebadat and see how he does.
Second paragraph is nonsense

Al amin has skills, good bounce, slower bowl and can bump his speed up, hence he gets wickets

Roy gets lucky wickets? What about the fact he's our only bowler who can keep banging it in on line and length, what about the fact he's got best seam position out of the lot, he may be limited, but he makes the most out of his arsenal and that's something that can't be said about any of our other seamers apart from Shahid, our fans as well as coaching system ignores strong fundamentals, hence we'll always struggle to create fast bowlers.

Old November 19, 2017, 07:06 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

Aswell as Rony I would also include Abu Jayed. These 2 should definitely be part of the T20 and ODI teams along with Saifuddin, Rubel and Fizz.
Old November 19, 2017, 04:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

is there any video of hossain Ali? Never seen him bowl.