facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 10, 2007, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Default Starting with a crippled team is never a good idea

1. Golla must not play again. Starting from the England match. This is a realistic option and must happen for both short term and long term gain.

2. We can score 250 without any so called "solid" contribution from Golla. In the last match, we were never going to cross 200-220, only exceptional batting of Ash/Aftab/Mashrafee saved us.

3. Hablu should retire from ODIs after this World Cup. This is a realistic option and must happen for the greater good of our cricket.

(I never posted in any "sack Hablu" thread, but now I think we've had enough. Without Hablu in the ODI team, pathetic losers like Golla can never sneak into the team)

Old April 10, 2007, 08:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Spitty, get ready for Hablu and Golla lovers to Bash you but I concur with everything you wrote.
Old April 10, 2007, 08:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Spitty on the spots..
but tell me who can replace those slots
all our players shine once in a blue moon
only one treatment for the failures take them straight to the salon
shave their head
and it might motivate them to go ahead
Old April 10, 2007, 08:32 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

More or less, I agree with you.

If JO was able to play 5 more overs against SA, we would have lost the game. One of the biggest reason we did so bad against NZ is that he played his usual innings, and everyone coming after him had clock ticking in their mind. So, agree 10000%, JO must not play ODI again. A completely off form SN is much better option for us. About test, we will wait and see, I'll just not decide now.

About Hablu, his captaincy sucks. period. As a batsman, he has shown good work time to time and I would not mind having him as a player when he is in good form. That means, not as captain as you cannot drop captain. He also adds experience to the team, so have him in the squad but not as captain.

Now a days, it is quite hard to win without posting 270+ score on a good pitch. We can never ever do that if JO opens. That is a negative and losing mentality from the beginning and need to stop. Who cares if we lose by 20 runs or 200 runs. A lose is a lose. The sooner selectors realizes it the better.

Talking about who to replace? JO or SN no problem there.

Hablu with Forhad/Rajin. Both can contribute with bat and adds the 6th bowler option.
Old April 10, 2007, 08:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Please, it is not Golla lover or hablu lover.

How in the earth we won against SA? sometimes thing does not work as planned. One must adjust and take different route to get the result. That is what has happened to BD team. Noone liked when JO was selected. But we have to live with it. Since they are playing the least you could do is not say anything rather than bashing. Pathetic thread.

Hublu had one vote. There were four others. two must have voted for Golla. So it is not all Hablu's decision alone.
Old April 10, 2007, 08:40 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

TE, we won against SA because the plan did not work! Because JO got out early, we won. As I said in earlier post, if he was able to play for 5 more overs, we would have lost the game.
Old April 10, 2007, 08:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Wrong! The plan was to have SN bat like the savior. and that did not work. Only then Golla got a chance. Kick SN for making room for JO.
Old April 10, 2007, 08:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Eng will do extremely good just because of few of their inform batsmen...also there seamers are doing great job so far. Most of the people knew before if 4 teams go to semi Eng may be one of them unless otherwise SA slips out or SL gets eliminated.

The big problem will be how we can limit our limitations. It's too late but still whatever we have we have to use it in a such a way that we can turn around the result in our favor. So far, that win will make selectors, coach everybody stick with the same team!! I hope they realize that not all teams are same Aus,NZ, Eng play diff cricket than SA. you guys tell me how successful oru spin trio attack against all teams in WC?
Old April 10, 2007, 08:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Lemme Ask 1 question, If Hablu wins the toss He's gonna send England to Bat (Thank God no more Tresco) and if they manage to score 275+ do you want Javed Omar opening, sans bashar giving the other 9 players a heck of alot of pressure?

I've seen it with my own eyes Sakib and Mushy have issues dealing with high RRR. They first try to consolidate by playing out a few over with out attacking and after X amount of balls they hit the ball too hard or slash the ball right to a fielder. Ash and Aftab are the only 2 that can rotate strike when theres a high RRR and there gonna bat at 5 and 6 how you gonna chase a RRR of 7.5 when your 5 down with 25 overs to go
Old April 10, 2007, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
TE, we won against SA because the plan did not work! Because JO got out early, we won. As I said in earlier post, if he was able to play for 5 more overs, we would have lost the game.
Not only that, we didn't have the Ash/Aftab partnership or 70 runs in the last 7 overs in the plan either. Our middle/late order overachieved compared to their usual standard. With no Golla in the team, we will regularly have good chance of scoring 250 and if our middle order/late order enjoy such a good day we will get even more.

SN was dropped for not performing in 2 matches (those 20-20 slogfests don't count, these matches don't help a batsman if he's not in great form and we are a very poor 20-20 side anyway). It was said that some break would do him good. He had his break, now it's time to bring him back in the team.
Old April 10, 2007, 09:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Faltu thread thank god Bd selection doesn't happen reading these stuff.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 10, 2007, 09:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Faltu thread thank god Bd selection doesn't happen reading these stuff.
Too Bad they usually do , in my hearts of hearts i believe Ash and SN were dropped at there selective times because of pressure created by BC. Faruq where are you just come out wherever you are and give me a u2u and it'll be our little secret.
Old April 10, 2007, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Losing wickets early is a big concern for Bangladesh, because right from the beginning we are put under pressure and we keep losing wickets on a regular interval. Our batsmen are not great against quality swing and spin.
Old April 10, 2007, 09:24 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

You are beating the same drum again. JO played in the previous match as SN needed a break amidst his poor form. JO saw off the first 10 overs against SA while Tamim went for shots, and it went well. SN could be out cheaply and we'd be 1 down for 20.

Anyway, there's a good chance SN will play against England, so hold your horses.
Old April 10, 2007, 09:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
...Anyway, there's a good chance SN will play against England, so hold your horses.
We all hope he does and stays in the wicket till the 15 over no matter what runs he have. That would take care of things.

Spitty,
I understand your concern. To a degree it is a concern for everyone including me. But there are two evils. 1. losing early wickets and the flood gate opens within the powerplay. or 2. very slow RR. Obviously, for any coach and admin they would choose the 2nd. The lesser of the two evil.
Old April 10, 2007, 09:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Point is who replaces JO & Hablu

JO - A moving snail is better than a dead tiger
Hablu - Nai Mamar cheye kana mama Bhao
Old April 10, 2007, 09:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I am sick and tired of hearing "Javed saw off the first 10 overs." He just wasted 41 balls, thats what he did precisely. But then again he did what he was asked to. My frustrations are directed more towards the team plannings than towards Javed. I really do hope to see Nafees back against England.
Old April 10, 2007, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Don't worry gents as SN will be back tomorow. Habibul implied this in the post match interview with Shivramakrisnan on Saterday. So fingers crossed.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old April 10, 2007, 09:45 AM
Test Cricketer

I don't think the management cares that Javed wastes balls, as long as he is there till the final powerplay, if you recall his interview right after the SA match he claimed to have been told by the management 'Doesn't matter if the run rate is 3, just don't lose any wickets in the first 10 overs'.
Old April 10, 2007, 09:47 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaring tigerz
I am sick and tired of hearing "Javed saw off the first 10 overs." He just wasted 41 balls, thats what he did precisely. But then again he did what he was asked to. My frustrations are directed more towards the team plannings than towards Javed. I really do hope to see Nafees back against England.
So in your words he was asked to "waste" 41 balls, and in mine he was there to see off the first 10 overs. Don't you think you sound a bit lame?
Old April 10, 2007, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i agree that these are two changes that we have to make eventually - we can't score at 3 an over for the first fifteen overs or so and expect to win every now and then. however, JO was sent in because SN wasn't too confident about his own game.

on the other hand, the hablu issue is probably a bit more complex - we don't really have someone with the same ability to tie the players together off the field, something that translates to performance on the field albeit typical hablu marka field placings. he has a pretty cool head, and even if SN has the same qualities, he hasn't really proved himself with the bat against the top eight, and the last thing we want is another good captain with no on-field performance to back him up.

once again, i do agree that hablu has to go, maybe by the middle/end of next year if not earlier, and i hope someone else (be it SN or anyone else) will be groomed in the meantime.

finally, oh why tushar why? why can't you perform with the bat?
Old April 10, 2007, 09:53 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Hablu's problem is he is reluctant to set an attacking field when there is a new batsman in and we have the advantage. Although his persistent tight inner circle field setting did help choke SA.
Old April 10, 2007, 09:57 AM
Test Cricketer

you guys are skipping another important part...the use of effective third seamer/allrounder! Currently depending on five bowlers too risky
Old April 10, 2007, 09:58 AM

How about replace Hablu with SN, and keep rest of the team as it is?
Old April 10, 2007, 10:02 AM
Test Cricketer

There is no one else senior enough in the team that the players look up to, and Hablu keeps his players motivated despite his defensive mentality, anyone who thinks his presence in the team had nothing to do with our victories is delusional.