facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2011, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Default When will bangladesh play afghanistan

They like ireland deserve a series?

Old April 29, 2011, 11:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier
Default The order of the jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
I too wish we played afghanistan. I propose we verse our full strength Rajshahi, Dhaka and Sylhet teams for two 4-day matches.

Our A-teams should visit Ireland and play them for 3 four day matches and 3 one-dayers.

After the two tours are completed, we shall then see if the Irish and Afghan supporters give us more respect or less. It shall be a challenge.

For the record, the A-team shall smash Afghanistan.

West Indies will struggle to win a one-day series in Bangladesh (against the Tigers) and may lose a 3-test series as well. In West Indies, different story.

That is where I see us standing.

Playing all these teams shall be higly beneficial to us. Playing our state teams against the fringe international sides shall motivate the state teams to train outside of the regular season, and in my opinion is important for the establishment of the state teams as an integral part of our circket culture.

Having been not that far away from Japan's level 20 years back, I think we should regularly play our teams against Ireland, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Netherlands.and once a year with Nepal or Afghanistan and the like. We have a duty of care towards other developing nations. So do other test nations, but obviously they couldn't care less if it didn't bring them any money.
Old April 29, 2011, 11:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I agree with Brockley!

I think it has put in to works. Right after we finish the series against India at India we will cross the border and play the Afgans. Less travel expense since that is only what we would earn from the away tours. Shewag rules!!
Old April 29, 2011, 11:56 PM
Cricket Legend

I think i saw the full strength Afghan team losing to BD A team in Asian games few months ago.

Too much hype around ireland & afghans if u ask me.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 30, 2011, 01:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

For now, Afghanistan can play with our Development Squad, A Team.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 30, 2011, 02:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yeah, Afghan can be invited to play with full strength A teams first.
Old April 30, 2011, 02:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Should have used "Poll" !

My ans: Yes. But only to play against BD A team.
Old April 30, 2011, 05:05 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Afgan cricket related news:
Peshawar (Pak) to host tournament for Afghanistan cricketers!
Cricinfo link
Old April 30, 2011, 01:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

afghans are too much hyped, because of their rapid rise. to me, they are still behind ireland easily.

the afghans dnt deserve a full series with us, like the Irish do. age Ireland er sathe besi kore khele nei. and if the Afghans show improvement, then we shud play them. we dnt gain anything for playing with them. (though hamid hassan is a decent bowler)

we might achieve sth if we play them in T20s, definitely we will improve ourselves. so maybe T20s.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then

Last edited by Avik; April 30, 2011 at 03:14 PM..
Old April 30, 2011, 01:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

we should invite ireland Afghanistan and Netherlands to participate in our first class National league tournament it will give other player in national tournament to boos up their confidence and also select player for the national squad as well I am sure Ireland, Afghanistan and Netherlands have first class status Look at country cricket they invite teams form Scotland Denmark and Netherlands Ireland to participate in county championships as well
Old May 1, 2011, 01:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
I too wish we played afghanistan. I propose we verse our full strength Rajshahi, Dhaka and Sylhet teams for two 4-day matches.

Our A-teams should visit Ireland and play them for 3 four day matches and 3 one-dayers.

After the two tours are completed, we shall then see if the Irish and Afghan supporters give us more respect or less. It shall be a challenge.

For the record, the A-team shall smash Afghanistan.

West Indies will struggle to win a one-day series in Bangladesh (against the Tigers) and may lose a 3-test series as well. In West Indies, different story.

That is where I see us standing.

Playing all these teams shall be higly beneficial to us. Playing our state teams against the fringe international sides shall motivate the state teams to train outside of the regular season, and in my opinion is important for the establishment of the state teams as an integral part of our circket culture.

Having been not that far away from Japan's level 20 years back, I think we should regularly play our teams against Ireland, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Netherlands.and once a year with Nepal or Afghanistan and the like. We have a duty of care towards other developing nations. So do other test nations, but obviously they couldn't care less if it didn't bring them any money.
I like the idea. Divisional teams should get the chance to play longer versions against the teams like Afganistan, Scotland or Ireland.

The culture should start. So that the divisional structure would grow up. Unfortunately there is no existence of divisional cricket body i BD.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

the first class idea is very nice. but this would also require national team players to play in the league. the national league went on after the world cup, and almost none of the national team players played there.

is there a rule against signing foreign players for the NCL first class league? i know in the first season or two there was a rule for one or two players could be played. dnt remember the exact one. but was a rule made against not allowing foreign players? cause i would think teams would want to get a quality player or two. from india, pakistan or sri lanka.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old May 1, 2011, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

they can play the academy team, the A team is way above them
Old May 1, 2011, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Pakistan A team is hosting a 3 match series and visiting Afghanistan to play a match as well once their stadium is finished. Don't want our A team to tour but we should host them for a 2 FC, 5 List A type of series. Remember that T20 final? That team had many national team members and we barely won. We needed Shabbir to bail us out. Don't know why some members have put them down here. Their a pretty decent team and need more exposure. It will help our struggling A team out and also help them as well. Also I like what Nahaz bhai has proposed. Our NCL teams could benefit a lot and so will theirs. Helping out other countries is always a good thing. At the same time we will benefit a lot.
Old May 2, 2011, 12:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

I wont be surprised within 2-3 years time if Ireland beats us in test match and Afghanistan beats us in one day game we are not improving as we were suppose to ..
Old May 2, 2011, 01:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
I wont be surprised within 2-3 years time if Ireland beats us in test match and Afghanistan beats us in one day game we are not improving as we were suppose to ..

We can score 200+ against them quite consistently.
Old May 2, 2011, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule

Heres a tip, Baundale...

Sarcasm is only good in small doses.

If its in every post, its called trolling.
Old May 2, 2011, 07:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

bro Look at netherlands and ireland they have a better batting line up than us they have better facilities and they are learning faster i am sure we will lag behind others look at our junior teams getting thrashed by innings defeat in unofficial test matches we are not improving as we were suppose to nothing has happened to our domestic cricket structure ever since we got test status its still remains the same .
You have no idea about Bd politics you have to pay money to clubs to join premier league cos u can get chance in national team from there HOW screwed up is that . If you have contacts with BCB u can join under 15,16,17 squads all Dhaka based what else u expect from this place we play cricket and we are now at number 8 maximum we can go is 7 and we should be happy with that
Old May 2, 2011, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:

why are u so obsessed with JS?