facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 21, 2012, 12:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

its about time we beat pakistan for a long time they haven got the taste of the tigers
but my fingers are crossed we need to play well to win this

Old March 21, 2012, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

1. Some of you are forgetting that the new ODI rule of new ball on each corner.. That means that we need to have 3 seamers. Otherwise, a player like Elias Sunny who got most wicket at BPL and has been in terrific touch wouldnt be sitting to give room to Shahadat. And the reason Shahadat is in because he has better econ ( 5.7) than Shafiul(5.86) or Rubel(5.4). Abul wasnt going to be in the final XI unless there was another injury. Net net, Shahadat is very unlikely to be removed, especially with a team that has been performing better with 3 pacers and not relying heavily on spinners only

2. There is a reason why Imrul Kayes wasnt in the team initially. Granted, Nazim has some footwork problem but Imrul was simply eye-soaring his last 10 innings looks pathetic. So does Junaid Siddique's. They are all pretty much the same, incosistent, unreliable and still has major flaws facing quality bowlers. One thing that separate Nazim is his subdued shot selection and being a right arm batsman. Again, the question is, are we going from frypan to fire by asking Imrul to join the squad when a winning team has been formed and performing exceedingly well?
Old March 21, 2012, 12:55 AM

I dont mind batting 1st against Pakistan, they have lots of oldies in the team, let them toil in humid, hot condition, even Shakib, Tamim looked tired while batting yesterday. Let them chase 270+, wont be easy for Pakistan given they usually crumble under pressure.
Old March 21, 2012, 12:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Also I like to add to DB's post it's more of an team spirit, emotional thing. Boys have gone used to each others ticks and what not, and even if the winning combo includes Shahadat, they will have an air of confidence about them.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

The toss will be important again. I'm actually worried about how important it will be. We don't usually win matches batting first anyway, and we've chased during every game this tournament.
Old March 21, 2012, 02:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Winning against PAK in Asia Cup final, during March would be EPIC!
Old March 21, 2012, 02:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

We won't loose this match. Pressure on Pakistan.
Old March 21, 2012, 02:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Now it's the fakis's turn... Mu ha ha ha...
Old March 21, 2012, 02:54 AM
Cricket Guru

I'm super excided about this match we're gonna win
Old March 21, 2012, 02:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan

Getting tickets is extremely difficult now .
Old March 21, 2012, 03:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Bismillah. Insha Allah we will get the trophy.
Old March 21, 2012, 03:33 AM
Club Cricketer

just bought 2 grand stand tickets, 8000 tk each. phew
Old March 21, 2012, 03:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricketWiz
just bought 2 grand stand tickets, 8000 tk each. phew
really ? its that expensive now ? ken j age theke ticket kine raklam na
Old March 21, 2012, 03:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

As usual - win the toss, field first, try to restrict Pak under 300. Though lower your expectations this time - irrespective of the result, you have done well this series. Hope they play their hearts out this time too. My XI:

Tamim
Nazimuddin
Jahurul
Shakib
Mushfiqur+*
Nasir
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe
Sunny
Nazmul
Razzak

I hope they replace Shahadat - he has been bowling some awful hit me balls - just bowling the odd well directed short ball won't work.

Good luck guys!
Old March 21, 2012, 03:46 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinslayer
really ? its that expensive now ? ken j age theke ticket kine raklam na
ya man it's going up ... ouch my wallet hurts
Old March 21, 2012, 03:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

^^ I guess it's still worth it......
Old March 21, 2012, 04:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Tamim Iqbal
Jahirul Islam
Imrul Kayes
Nasir Hossain
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim+*
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe Mortaza
Elias Sunny
Abdur Razzak
Nazmul Hossain
Old March 21, 2012, 04:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
And the reason Shahadat is in because he has better econ ( 5.7) than Shafiul(5.86) or Rubel(5.4).
Sorry to say, Nazmul is in for Shafiul and rubel is still injured, so its not the econ issue for shahadat.
Quote:
Abul wasnt going to be in the final XI unless there was another injury.
why not abul ? don't you want to play better cricket. put away your negative things in the next match ? so why Shahadat not abul. Nazmul is showing his character, give a chance to abul. I think team will not loose much with abul that they are loosing with shahadat.
Quote:
Granted, Nazim has some footwork problem but Imrul was simply eye-soaring his last 10 innings looks pathetic.
oh u know that nazim has some footwork problem still you are supporting him instead of Imrul. fantastic.
Quote:
Again, the question is, are we going from frypan to fire by asking Imrul to join the squad when a winning team has been formed and performing exceedingly well?
well when you are facing any big tournament final for the first time in your cricketing history, you have to go through much more just from frypan to fire.
I just don't understand, what the heck is in the winning team combination ?? Shouldn't I go for the better approach of the team if ther is option available. Many of the people are still supporting the inclusion of Shahadat and Nazim just for maintaining winning combo. This is ridiculous. Dropping shahadat will ensure 20-30 extra runs saved and dropping Nazim inclusion of Imrul will atleast proove that no matter who you are you have play well to secure your chances in the squad. At least give imrul a chance.
Old March 21, 2012, 04:23 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
well when you are facing any big tournament final for the first time in your cricketing history, you have to go through much more just from frypan to fire.
I just don't understand, what the heck is in the winning team combination ?? Shouldn't I go for the better approach of the team if ther is option available. Many of the people are still supporting the inclusion of Shahadat and Nazim just for maintaining winning combo. This is ridiculous. Dropping shahadat will ensure 20-30 extra runs saved and dropping Nazim inclusion of Imrul will atleast proove that no matter who you are you have play well to secure your chances in the squad. At least give imrul a chance.
i agree
Old March 21, 2012, 04:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Buy me and night_wolf tickets for this match if you want to see bd wining.
Old March 21, 2012, 04:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We can beat pakistan. We prevented a powerful batting line up like India from getting 300. I believe we can restrict pakistan to 260-270. We handled malinga-lakmal-kulasekara trio on a lively pitch last night and chased a target over 5 runs per over. If we can handle those guys then we surely can handle gul,cheema and co. The real test will be Ajmal, and as long as our left handers negotiate him well and the batting group keeps performing we will beat pakistan.
U just forgotten another important issue. Our pacer's have to pick up quick top order wickets. The character of Pakistan batting now a day's is they start slow and easy. Build a base and then explode in the last 20-25 overs. If our pace bowlers like as they did with SL can take 2-3 early top order wickets that there is huge possibility they will not be able to get success what they are doing so far.
Old March 21, 2012, 04:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Oh and Mushy should not come to bat in the top order like he did yesterday.
Old March 21, 2012, 04:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Please don't change the winning combination. Yes that means SRK gets to be in the squad too, even though he really doesn't deserve it. I don't think going for an extra spinner (Sunny) in place of SRK will make a whole lot of difference. Mushy should use SRK in short spells during the middle overs and keep him as far away as possible during the Power Play overs.
Why shouldn't change the winning combination if its good for the team ?? SRK doesn't deserve the place in the squad with 130-132 KPH speed picking up 1-2 wkts giving away 60-75 runs in each match. We are giving 20-30 extra runs just for bad bowling from SRK. All those short spell mushy tried with him just releases the pressure from the batting side. Its not the question of quality batting side, its the question of how bad you are bowling. If any one can watch the bowling pitch report of SRK, i think 70-80% of his bowls aro short of length and sprayed very much out of the line. This type of bowling helps the opposition to settle down, accelarate the RR, play the other bowlers very easy. I think Abul is not a bad idea. How bad he can go ? Not more bad then SRK.
Old March 21, 2012, 04:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Oh and Mushy should not come to bat in the top order like he did yesterday.
I support you. Nasir should bat at no.4 and mushy at # 6
Old March 21, 2012, 04:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
^^ yes because we are minnows to them unless we can win like this regularly ...

Jai hok...

- Shahdat needs to rest (no brainier)
- Nazimuddin needs to go (sorry but it's not happening...can't rem how he got out against Pak but last two outs were just stupid ... We don't play this type of cricket anymore)
- needs to bring in Sunny (hello? Is he not our current best bowler? Did well in the Pak series and BPL)
- Imrul Kayes needs to be back (possibly won't make any difference in place of Nazim but since it won't, let him play instead)
- Nasir needs to come in at number 4 (nicely composed player... He needs some longer innings)
- Mushfik needs to come after Shakib at 6 (this guy can play under pressure... Usually for our team the pressure builds when numb 5/6 comes on)
- nazmul needs to be given full 10 overs (com on he was superb today... Not happy with Mushfik for not letting him finish off)
- Mushfik's toss luck will run out (according to the laws of stats ...there ain't any).... We will be sent to bat. The mental target should be 300.
-
1000% agreed.
But nothing will happened as you wished.
SRK and Nazim will play (in the sake of so called winning combo).
Mushfik will come at # 4 as he is the captain, I think he have some ego issue batting low down the order. I
f SRK is playinng then again Naz will be denied for full 10 overs cause, SRK will get 1-2 wicket in the death over due to hitting from the batsman, our think tank will think let him give some more overs (damn idea) and those will go for more runs.
In any other way, we will not reach 300. we have to tear off pakis 2-3 wickets very early, only way to feel comfortable.

Another thing, anyone notice the field setting of mushy when the spinners are bowling ? wheather its a new batsman or old mushy always put only 4 fielders in the circle. Put long on and long off on the rope, batters get very easy singles, why ? he can atleast put one man from long on or long off inside the circle and try to cut some singles. I don't know the reason but it looks very odd to me. Batsman always get very easy singles from those areas and settle down. Do anybody know the reason.