facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 1, 2012, 01:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Turned 24 today

Best of luck to the little dynamite!

Old September 1, 2012, 03:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Wow I sometimes forget how young most of our cricketers are! Happy Birthday to Mushy.
Old September 13, 2012, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

o team is a favorite in this format: Mushfiqur Rahim
Sports Desk
banglanews24.com

DHAKA: Bangladesh Cricket team Captain Mushfiqur Rahim touched on Bangladesh’s prospects and preparation at the ICC World T20 arrival presser Thursday.

Regarding the confidence in the matches played in the build-up over last three months, he said, “We had good preparation in the last three months. We played against Zimbabwe, South Africa, we went to Ireland and the Netherlands and a few days back we played a couple of T20 matches.”

He added: “Out of twelve we won nine games so it’s a good thing. But in a T20 game you never know and I think the boys are shaping up really well. Hopefully they’ll do well.”

Q: Will good spinners have advantage in the pitches in Sri Lanka?

Mushfiqur: A couple of the guys recently played in the SLPL and did well. We have a couple of great spinners including Shakib. Our group matches are in Pallekele and that’s not a spinning track. Our pace attack is quite balanced so we hope to continue to do well with the spinners and pacers. It will give us a good chance to move to the second round.

Q: Having not beaten Pakistan in T20s, does past record matter?

Mushfiqur: Not really, we have played in Sri Lanka before so we know the conditions. So let’s see how it goes.

Q: Passionate fans will be rooting for you. What is it like?

Mushfiqur: It will be huge. This is our first big tournament after we did well in the Asia Cup. Hopefully we can carry on in the same fashion although it is a different format. If we can do well in the three departments, we can have some good results for the country.

Q: Is this the tournament where Bangladesh graduates from teams that can surprise occasionally to one which can be reckoned with?

Mushfiqur: In Twenty20 formats you never know who the favorite is. On a particular day if you can do well in all three departments you can beat anyone. Also it is very important to play consistent cricket in T20s. We have two warm-up matches against Zimbabwe and Ireland and hopefully we’ll do well there, we will have the momentum with us.

Q: How was important reaching Asia Cup final?

It was a huge tournament for us, especially because we beat India and Sri Lanka and nearly beat Pakistan twice. In these kind of tournaments, you need a bit of luck along with the skills and we missed luck in that final. So if the luck is in our favor in this tournament, we can do anything.

Q: Ireland are the next emerging team…?

Mushfiqur: We are looking forward to this tournament and they’re a pretty strong side. Still I think our side is better than couple of other sides. We need to prove that and that’ll only happen if the boys take the opportunities.

Is momentum a factor in T20s?

Mushfiqur: I think it is important to grab the momentum and get the results at the end of the day.

Q: Are you happy with variety of spin bowlers in your team?
Mushfiqur: There are a few left-arm spinners, all-rounders and off-spinners in the team. I am quite happy with that, let’s see how it goes.

Q: What about group stage opponents?
Mushfiqur: They are a really good, balanced team. They were champions in this tournament in 2009. New Zealand are quite strong in T20s, so if we do well with our skills, probably with some luck anything is possible.

http://www.banglanews24.com/English/...52869&toppos=1
Old September 13, 2012, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Mushfiqur upbeat despite tough group

Mohammad Isam

September 13, 2012
Mushfiqur Rahim, the Bangladesh captain, has said that his team is capable of "doing anything" with luck on their side in the ICC World Twenty20. But the reality of being placed along two dangerous sides in the group stages of a tight format, where one loss could end the campaign within four days, has kept him firmly grounded.

Bangladesh are in Group D alongside New Zealand, a team that often exceeds expectations in global tournaments, and Pakistan, a team which has reached the semi-finals in every World T20 so far.

"They [Pakistan] are a really good, balanced team and they won this tournament in 2009," Mushfiqur said at a press conference in Colombo. "New Zealand are also quite strong in T20s, so we must do well with our skills and probably with some luck, anything is possible."

But not all of Mushfiqur's self-belief in his team is misplaced; he has overseen its most comprehensive build-up for a Twenty20 tournament till date having played 13 games in the last four months in varied conditions against an assortment of teams. Even better was their performance in the Asia Cup in March where they were three runs away from a maiden trophy.

"It [The Asia Cup] was a huge tournament for us, especially because we beat India and Sri Lanka and nearly beat Pakistan twice," Mushfiqur said. "In tournaments like the Asia Cup, you need a bit of luck along with the skills and we missed that luck in the final. So if the luck is in our favor in this tournament, we can do anything.

"In the Twenty20 format you never know who the favorite is. On a particular day if you can do well in all three departments you can beat anyone. Also it is very important to play consistent cricket in T20s.

"We have two warm-up matches against Zimbabwe (on September 15) and Ireland (on September 17) and hopefully we'll do well there and carry on ahead with the momentum."

One of the advantages for the Bangladesh team will be the recent experience of the likes of Mushfiqur, opener Tamim Iqbal and allrounder Mahmudullah of playing in Pallekele during the Sri Lanka Premier League last month. "A couple of us recently played in the SLPL and did well," Mushfiqur said. "Our group matches are in Pallekele and that's not a spinning track. Our pace attack is quite balanced so we hope to continue to do well with the spinners and pacers. It will give us a good chance to move to the second round."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-worl...ry/582083.html
Old September 20, 2012, 03:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Mushfiq's year in office

Bangladesh's current captain took over at a tough time for the team and himself, and has managed to pull it off
Mohammad Isam
September 20, 2012

Mushfiqur Rahim has come a long way since nearly losing his place in the side to leading Bangladesh to some special triumphs over the last year © ICC
Enlarge

The day Shakib Al Hasan was sacked as Bangladesh captain was the day Lionel Messi arrived in Dhaka to play in an international friendly against Nigeria. Considering the gloomy disposition of Bangladesh cricket that afternoon, the headline about cricket stealing football's thunder again doing the rounds in this writer's newspaper office, where the lead piece had to be changed at the last minute, was cringe-worthy.
The dismissal of the team's best player as captain was largely because Bangladesh had lost to Zimbabwe in a Test match and a one-day series the month before. It wasn't going to be easy for whoever filled the vacancy. That Mushfiqur Rahim, the man who was chosen, and was himself only starting a second life as a batsman in the team at the time of his appointment, has since completed a year in charge suggests that he has been able to steady the boat that had been rocking for two years.
Mushfiqur has, in that year, overseen, and at times influenced, dramatic wins in T20s and one-dayers against an assortment of international teams, looked helpless in Test matches, and survived the loss of a coach. His ability to dig himself out of the hole he found himself in in March 2011 has seemed to inspire the side, and his intensity and work ethic have helped him grow in the eyes of his team-mates.
He is, more often than not, the first to enter the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium and the last to leave, his hunger for batting leaving net bowlers and the coaching staff with stiff shoulders each day. "It is not as if I have a 50-plus average in international cricket," Mushfiqur said to ESPNcricinfo. "I always try to do something extra, by half an hour or an hour. If everyone is doing six exercises in the gym, I have to do eight. If someone gives ten sprints, I will give 12. This is how I remain motivated. I will do the extra work so that when I need to do something extraordinary, my skills back me.
"I play 100-200 balls every day. If I stay behind after everyone leaves, I will ask the net bowlers to give me an extra hour. When I have to do extra work for wicketkeeping, I will request [computer analyst and former Bangladesh wicketkeeper Nasir Ahmed] Nasu bhai to give me an extra hour of catches," he said.

Full article below...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/582232.html

Last edited by Zeeshan; October 11, 2012 at 01:02 AM.. Reason: didn't quote whole article
Old October 8, 2012, 09:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Good news for our BC girls. Ke jeno abar Mushfiq er heavy fan...koi ? taratari khoj khobor lagao

Quote:
৫ ফুট ৩ ইঞ্চির পাত্রী খোঁজা হচ্ছে মুশফিকের জন্য

জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিমের বিয়ের জন্য পাত্রী খুঁজছেন পরিবারের সদস্যরা।

ছেলের ক্যারিয়ারের কথা ভেবে মুশফিকের বাবা মাহবুব হামিদ এতদিন রাজি না হলেও এখন মধ্যবিত্ত পরিবারের উচ্চশিক্ষিত এবং ৫ ফুট ২ কিংবা ৩ ইঞ্চি উচ্চতার পাত্রী খুঁজছেন।

মাহবুব হামিদ বলেন, “মুশফিকের উচ্চতা যেহেতু ৫ ফুট সাড়ে ৪ ইঞ্চি। তাই ওর চেয়ে লম্বা পাত্রী বাছাই করা হবে না। মুশফিকের সঙ্গে খাপ খেতে পারে, এই কারণে ৫ ফুট ২ কিংবা ৩ ইঞ্চি উচ্চতা সম্পন্ন সুন্দরী পাত্রীকে বিয়ে দেব।”

মধ্যবিত্ত পরিবারের মেয়ে খোঁজা হচ্ছে বলেও জানান তিনি।

“মেয়ের বাড়ি অবশ্যই যমুনার উত্তরপাড়ে হতে হবে। কেননা, যমুনার ওপাড়ের সঙ্গে এপারের সামাজিকতাসহ মানসিকতার পার্থক্য রয়েছে অনেক। দুই পাড়ের মানুষের মাঝে খাপ খাওয়ানো অনেকটা অসম্ভব। তাই, বগুড়ার মেয়ে হলে সবচেয়ে ভাল হয়। না হলে আশেপাশের জেলার,” যোগ করেন মাহবুব হামিদ।
Read More
Old October 8, 2012, 09:46 AM
Banned

Ki hoise bhai? Amar phone er theke bangla pora jaina! Please iktu bolen...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old October 8, 2012, 09:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cricket
Ki hoise bhai? Amar phone er theke bangla pora jaina! Please iktu bolen...

Mushfiq biye korbe, tai meye khuja hocche ! Keo ache naki porichito...bogra area te bari ? kintu ekta condition. Meye r height 5'3" er beshi hoya jabe na !
Old October 8, 2012, 09:53 AM
Banned

Ohh sei kotha! Eta to sukhobor. Or jonno amar dowa roilo! Bhalo meye jeno khuje pay!

Old October 8, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

haire amar reporter re

headline pore bojhar upai nai report ta funny na serious./. btw I really don't like people joking about someone's height/complexion etc..
Old October 8, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

^^^ true, takes a while to figure out if they are joking or being serious.

Would have been more 'concerned' if Shakib's parents were looking...
Old October 8, 2012, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
^^^ true, takes a while to figure out if they are joking or being serious.

Would have been more 'concerned' if Shakib's parents were looking...
And don't worry Shakib's parents are not looking.. Shakib is a smart boy .. o nijer babostha nijei korbe

Last edited by oronnya; October 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM..
Old October 8, 2012, 01:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
And don't worry Shakib's parents are not looking.. Shakib is a smart boy .. o nijer babostha nijei korbe
yea and our deshpremik media people will make a fuss about that too.. how Shakib is such a dushto chele and we need more good boys like Ashraful.. the news about Mushy had a condescending tone to it.
Old October 8, 2012, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

dhuru! ar dui inch short hoile ki khoti hoito???
Old October 8, 2012, 01:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Good news for our BC girls. Ke jeno abar Mushfiq er heavy fan...koi ? taratari khoj khobor lagao

Read More
After such a disastrous tour the next remedial step for improvement is ....marriage...very good...very good...I wish him all the best and wish him advance for all the future babies in upcoming years...way to go Tiger...proud of you boys
Old October 8, 2012, 01:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Let's see how many days he can stay as that...
Old October 8, 2012, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
yea and our deshpremik media people will make a fuss about that too.. how Shakib is such a dushto chele and we need more good boys like Ashraful.. the news about Mushy had a condescending tone to it.
not only media I think many people in BC also thinks that prem kora manei chhele/meye noshto hoye jawa.. Check Shakib's thread- sooo many people has advised him to stay away from girls.. Tamim er gf er shathe meet korte jawatao oneker pochhondo na... But I know soooooooooo many couples who have had their relationships since their childhood and is having a successful career.. prem / biyer shathe career er konoi shomporko nai as long as the person is focused in his job or whatever he does..
Old October 8, 2012, 01:25 PM
Banned

Lwts use Virat Kohli as an example. He has a girl that he spends time with, now did that make him have crap performance? NO.. I think having a girl friend actually helped him.

Old October 8, 2012, 01:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
not only media I think many people in BC also thinks that prem kora manei chhele/meye noshto hoye jawa.. Check Shakib's thread- sooo many people has advised him to stay away from girls.. Tamim er gf er shathe meet korte jawatao oneker pochhondo na... But I know soooooooooo many couples who have had their relationships since their childhood and is having a successful career.. prem / biyer shathe career er konoi shomporko nai as long as the person is focused in his job or whatever he does..
lol, I dont know how some people get that being in a relationship has anything to do with your success as a cricketer..We need to change this culture of sticking our nose in other people's business, if tamim has a gf that's his personal choice. What about all the Australian/ South african/ English players.. pretty sure all of them have girlfriends. I will take a bad boy like Shakib who is our best player ahead of 100 such good boys like nafees.
Old October 8, 2012, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cricket
Lwts use Virat Kohli as an example. He has a girl that he spends time with, now did that make him have crap performance? NO.. I think having a girl friend actually helped him.

Bhai ok I agree it's not a factor ...but I don't mind if you like Kohli...i am sorry to say that he is no where near even a shadow of him...if he becomes we all will be happy and can tell him to do whatever he likes to do
Old October 8, 2012, 02:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Understand your point sis..relationship can impact on both way..improving or degrading this challenging career in national level where your side is crap and players are crap too...(you heard from the super man few days ago)...what is the guarantee that they will be able to put 200% to be world class (which they need) and the partner will accept it. It requires lots of sacrifices and maturity and it comes over time. At present moment with their forms and also if you look at our overall performances in sports, I doubt our players will give 200% to improve our cricket. if we want to stay where they are, then go ahead but please step aside to make room for the ones who will give that. Every single series, i see one after another marriage ceremonies just before the series or after the series. I don't mind it if they can deliver professionally but if they keep on falling behind, it gives me the impression that what on earth has been changing in their lives and (minds!!!) that causes them to do brain fart and lose form. I am sorry to be rude but it seems to be that their mind is somewhere and not 200% to be the best. It's not fault of the partner nor should I give fault to the way our culture is, but I am not just happy with the comments few days ago we read about our players' work ethic and also their hard work and dedications. If they can not handle this being single how they will handle it when family comes in. It's not that easy and i guess they are too young to realize that.
Old October 8, 2012, 02:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

So because a relationship can have a bad impact on your professional life you should stay away from it?

You know what I think it is? Most of you kids are just jealous by the fact that they can all score (except Ash) and you guys can't. You guys wish you were in their positions. Stop acting like you guys are their parents, and they are too young to think for themselves. It's becoming very kheth-like. These guys are all over 21, and they are well into their manhood. They aren't "too young." Go worry about yourself.

Also, they don't visit BC to read your advises, so stop wasting everyone's time and BC's space. Buncha lonely people...
Old October 8, 2012, 02:40 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Ki, BC Auntie gotkali kora shuru korei nai Mushy-er jonno?
Old October 8, 2012, 02:53 PM
Street Cricketer

+Dilscoop, i hate seeing pepole talk about htem as if they were children. If it negatively affects their play, or whatever their decisions may be, theyll be dropped or face whatever consequences.
Old October 8, 2012, 03:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
dhuru! ar dui inch short hoile ki khoti hoito???
Lamisa mone hoi 5 ft 5 inch, tai afsos.