facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2011, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

[QUOTE=allrounder;1303645]Tamim has been slow with his movement to get the bat behind the ball. Today one ball went past the defense, the next one bowled.

Group A Pak, NZ, Aus anyone can take number 1 position.

(Pakistan can top the group by beating Aus, and SL beating NZ).
(NZ can top the group by beating SL, and Pak beating Aus).
(Aus can top the group by beating Pak)
(Aus cannot go below number 2 position and Sri Lanka cannot get number 1 position)

So Bangladesh will have tough opponents to play. Where we will play QF in Bangladesh or outside?[/QUOTE]

If its not vs. SL, our QF will be in Bangladesh. Not sure if we get to pick which one as there are 2 QFs being played. The initial schedule won't mean much as IND's QF will be in Ahmedabad and if SL is not playing IND, their's will be in Colombo

Old March 14, 2011, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Its not a bad discussion point. As teams face us now, their bowlers have studied Tamim and he becomes their focus. Same thing happened to SN where everybody figured out his weakness quite quickly.

After the world cup, we should experiment here and there to try to find that best possible line up. We killed Riyad and Naeem by leaving them at the bottom of the order for an extended period of time.
Old March 14, 2011, 04:51 PM
Banned

If Tamims bad form continues then this should be tried AFTER the WC. Its too late now.
Old March 14, 2011, 05:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Tamim is one of our best batters, no one is denying that, but his fitness is a problem here so as his consistency. I agree with LBW103.

If we look at his last six innings including the warm up his scores look 0,70,44,0,38,0

After that 70, he didn't look solid in other matches, even that 70 wasn't that convincing. He has been getting out to straight balls, 3 times so far or going after wider deliveries which should be left alone.

It's too late to experiment now but maybe after the world cup.

This should be the line up:
1) Shariar Nafees
2) Imrul Kayes
3) Tamim Iqbal
4) Mahmudullah Riyahd
5) Shakib al Hasan
6) Jahurul Islam / Mushfiq
7) Junaid Siddique (power play solution)
8) Mashrafe Mortaza
9) Shafiul Islam
10) Abdur Razzak
11) Rubel
Old March 14, 2011, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

His 'bhuri' is the cause of all this! He needs to hit the gym!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 15, 2011, 02:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Q: Solutions?

A: 1. Javed Omar Belim, 2. Mohammad Al Shahariar Rokon, and 3. Hannan Sarkar.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 15, 2011 at 03:30 AM..
Old March 15, 2011, 03:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Solution is not to change his position, is to change his batting style. Don't let him go with the words "Licence to play any shot" or "He always play like that". This is not acceptable. He is one of the most valued batsman in our team, he should understand the what team need from him and bat sensible. Use the gray matter in his head.
Old March 15, 2011, 03:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
Solution is not to change his position, is to change his batting style. Don't let him go with the words "Licence to play any shot" or "He always play like that". This is not acceptable. He is one of the most valued batsman in our team, he should understand the what team need from him and bat sensible. Use the gray matter in his head.
He doesn't play like that. Look at his career SR, 79.90. Look at Sehwag's career SR, 104.05. Sehwag is a real license to kill player. Tamim normally doesn't rotate the strike and relies too much on shots. This is one of the problems.
Old March 15, 2011, 03:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Q: Solutions?

A: 1. Javed Omar Belim, 2. Mohammad Al Shahariar Rokon, and 3) Hannan Sarkar.
lol

add MD. Ashraful back at opening or mehrab junior
Old March 15, 2011, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Tamim is fit where he is right now, no need to experiment on that slot, have seen enough !!
Old March 15, 2011, 03:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
add MD. Ashraful back at opening or mehrab junior
True. Didn't Rajin also open a few times? How could I forget him? Shame on me!!! I think I'll hole-up and flagellate myself.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 15, 2011, 03:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

In my observation Tamim hardly change his batting style according to format of the game.He is doing good in test cricket with his aggressive batting style.He is not that much successfull as he should be in limited Overs.Does he have problem with taking singles?Does he feel pressure in limited overs when he fail to accelerate run rate?

Old March 15, 2011, 03:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

At least a few of you are starting to get my point!

Tamim's average is hovering around 30 but that does not make a batsman 'world-class'. If you look at the world class batsmen they average 40-50, not 29-31. If Tamim cannot change the way he plays then why not let him bat in middle and take PP2? He will support the middle order and accelerate at the time we know we need to find someone who can.

There is no doubt he is a highly talented player with a great eye for the ball. So is Afridi.. so is Yuvraj Singh.. but Tamim needs to start getting 100s for Bangladesh and not quick 30s and out more times than not. We got to have someone smarter than a great slogger at the top.

I don't expect the Tamim fans to understand this. I am a fan if his too by the way. I just think if he is going to smash the ball in the air as his way of scoring or get out to straight balls, then we could utlise a more solid opener in SN and have TIK come in where he can really do some damage.

Anyway it was just a discussion point. I don't think we can afford to accept that all things are set in stone.
Old March 15, 2011, 04:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
At least a few of you are starting to get my point!

Tamim's average is hovering around 30 but that does not make a batsman 'world-class'. If you look at the world class batsmen they average 40-50, not 29-31. If Tamim cannot change the way he plays then why not let him bat in middle and take PP2? He will support the middle order and accelerate at the time we know we need to find someone who can.

There is no doubt he is a highly talented player with a great eye for the ball. So is Afridi.. so is Yuvraj Singh.. but Tamim needs to start getting 100s for Bangladesh and not quick 30s and out more times than not. We got to have someone smarter than a great slogger at the top.

I don't expect the Tamim fans to understand this. I am a fan if his too by the way. I just think if he is going to smash the ball in the air as his way of scoring or get out to straight balls, then we could utlise a more solid opener in SN and have TIK come in where he can really do some damage.

Anyway it was just a discussion point. I don't think we can afford to accept that all things are set in stone.
Let's move one step at a time. At present we don't have any world class batsman at the age 22 in the world. Only Kohli and Umar Akmal can be thought to be close to be world class batsmen at similar age. Let's don't lose patience. Tamim will come good.
Old March 15, 2011, 04:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

BCB should give him a all expense paid vacation to Malayasia if he scores century.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 15, 2011, 05:11 AM
Administrator

Once we have stabilized the knee jerks, perhaps it is worth revisiting the idea. It is an interesting thought experiment for now and is not that out of the box as one might thing. We always here talk of pick the man for the role. Unfortunately, we are also constrained by not necessarily having multiple choices for each position, rather multiple people are competing for the a limited few positions. We have a plethora of opening and early order candidates and we do suffer from a lack of choices middle and later.

There are certain players who are given - they will be in the team - Tamim, Imrul, Shakib, Shafiul, Rubel, Razzak. Let's keep Mash on the side until he has fully recovered and revisit. Then again that is irrelevant to this topic.

Now here comes the big IF of this thought experiment. If Shahriar Nafees is truly back in play, having curbed his fishing tendencies and play as circumspect as he did in the last game, then he truly is a candidate for one of the open positions. So we have Imrul, Tamim AND Shahriar to pick for the first two positions. What makes this interesting is the assertion that Tamim CAN play in any position down the order and given his style is also equally suited at 4-5 and take full advantage of the PP overs.

A back-in form SN together with the solid IK can provide us a solid launching pad for Tamim to do what he is good at - a rollicking carefree innings.

It is an idea worth thinking through.
Old March 15, 2011, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I am sure that it must have upset Tamim to get all those ducks, I am pretty sure that he will be a bit more careful after SA, because he and Imrul have to give a good foundation.
If BD bats first it has to be 300, because SA can chase it, If SA bats first , then restrict them to 250 runs.
Old March 15, 2011, 05:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Let's move one step at a time. At present we don't have any world class batsman at the age 22 in the world. Only Kohli and Umar Akmal can be thought to be close to be world class batsmen at similar age. Let's don't lose patience. Tamim will come good.
I was responding to posters here who said that Tamim is world class. My point is he is not. and you have kindly just confirmed that
Old March 15, 2011, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

kichui na?bhurita ektu komano
Old March 15, 2011, 12:19 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Default Fitness and Practice

My 2¢.
  1. TIK's technique/form appears to be off during the WC. He should spend some time in the net with Siddons before the SA match.
  2. A player in his early 20's should not have a paunch! He should hit the gym and run in the field.
  3. He should practice taking singles. Watch Amla, Strauss, and Shakib's video. If he learns to take singles at will, his SR should skyrocket to 100+.
  4. He needs to practice hitting the bad deliveries only. Sehwag seldom goes after good balls and does not spare any bad ball. He has the capability to do the same.
  5. Use his feet.
  6. Dance down the track once in a while to disrupt the bowler's rhythm.
Old March 15, 2011, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Thats the point.When i saw first he was raw with only some off side shots and limited shots.I can remember in 07 he used to go down the order wild swing no connection.Now he is maturing and his average is going up as well.I dont see any problem now in test so i think he ll fixe up his limited over failure as well.
Thinking him in middle order is a bizar idea.He is one of the worst spin and old ball player in the team.

Old March 15, 2011, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

One of the main reasons why Tamim has been successful is because he is able to clear the infield almost at will. He is masterful at clearing the infield and finding boundaries, in tests the field is usually more attacking and hence he is able to hit more boundaries and score more runs.

In ODIs, if he comes in at no.4/5, this advantage will be taken away from him. He will have to look for singles, rotate strikes and hit the odd boundary when needed. Even if you are the biggest Tamim fan, you will admit, taking singles aint his strongest suit. By pushing him down the order, we will force him to play to his weakness. I think he should stay at no.1, take advantage of the new ball, field restriction, and once we have 3 more world class batters to fill the top order, then we can push him down to no. 4