facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 4, 2007, 06:43 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Politicians Hall of Shame

With so much happening in and around BD political arena that its hard to keep up. Every other day there is a sensational arrest or corruption news. The big fishes are vomiting all the mud.

Joint Forces Interrogation Cell (JFIC) sounds scary and they sure are a hungry bunch. Those who are caught in the net seems to be "peeing"(for lack of any better word) in their pants facing the JFIC. The sheer volume of info coming out these former "leaders" is mind boggling.

From Tareq Zia to Abdul Zalil; there seems to be no end.

Lets gather all the news on these goons and keep it organized here in this thread. Lets keep the political bias out. Only post here for the love of your country, not for your love to any party/leader.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Old June 4, 2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Lets start with this one:

Manabjamin article

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hasina.jpg (137.6 KB, 164 views)
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 4, 2007, 08:02 PM
Cricket Legend

I heard from BD the other day that apparently the latest CD that has been released in the Nilkhet market is recordings of interrogation of Abdul Jalil et al. Apparently almost all the politicians now has their lungis (or sarees) blowing in the wind. This CD apparently is selling like Hot Cake. If anyone gets a copy, please please please upload.

Old June 4, 2007, 08:11 PM
Cricket Legend

My biggest fear is that, the current actions of the CTG backed by the army is creating a vacuum in our government, administration, political and economic environment. The biggest question is who will fill this big space that is being created? With the current scenario the force that is cleaning the mess is actually deciding and shaping the future for Bangladesh and placing people and businessman of their own choice, and we hardly have any say in that. Right now we can only wait and see, but we need to see the sign where the opportunity is created for new people to come in with a clean background soon, otherwise we are back to square one.

On the above story, reading it feels like the reporter added spice to the actual story to make it more hot, especially about her personal life. Who cares about her personal life and why would anyone interrogate about personal and family life from party members?

Last edited by allrounder; June 4, 2007 at 08:21 PM..
Old June 4, 2007, 08:39 PM
Administrator

You know who will fill the vacuum?

Tom (gen retired)
Dick (gen retired)
Harry (gen retired)

Not that is any worse than the nightmare we have been living for the past decades.
Old June 4, 2007, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Another one...

Attached Images
File Type: gif al.gif (125.4 KB, 151 views)
Old June 5, 2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
... The biggest question is who will fill this big space that is being created?
I shall live on hope anyone other than those goons, thugs, criminals and looters. My first priority is to send them to hell, worry about who fills up comes way later.
Old June 5, 2007, 12:13 AM

Babar story from Daily Shamokal
Old June 5, 2007, 12:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Another one...
do they have any love for their country?
my god!!
Old June 5, 2007, 01:00 AM

Dhaka, June 4 (bdnews24.com) -- Sheikh Hasina has castigated Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus, saying he can make profit by sucking poor people's blood but politics is not his cup of tea.

In an interview aired Sunday on Indian news channel CNN-IBN, Hasina termed Yunus a "good businessman".

"He knows how to make profit. He knows how to make money," Hasina told the channel.

The former prime minister said Yunus knows how to spin profit "by sucking blood of thousands of poor men and women".

Yunus's Grameen Bank lends money to the poor, mostly women, to start small businesses or rearing cattle at home.

The bank claims it is contributing to reducing extreme poverty in the country, but many dispute the claim.

"Yunus's programmes do not reduce but reproduce poverty. What he showed as solutions to eradicating poverty was actually a myth of poverty alleviation mechanism," says economist Anu Mohammed.

On Feb 22, Yunus launched his political party Nagorik Shakti and rolled out a slogan "Bangladesh Egie Cholo" which translates "Bangladesh, go ahead" in English.

He had announced that his new platform would contest elections in 300 constituencies.

He had said he felt compelled to join politics because most politicians in the country are "stinking corrupt".

"I know politics makes people controversial. But I am ready to take that risk if you think my involvement in politics would help create a new political ambiance," he said in an open letter to people on Feb 11.

Yunus, who earned the fame as the banker to the poor by the grace of the western media, bundled out his political effort on May 3.

His point to the pullback from politics was that he had failed to form a team, which would steer his dream of turning the impoverished country into a prosperous one.

And Hasina talks on 'Who & How make money' ... from dbnews24.com
Old June 5, 2007, 02:06 AM
Cricket Legend

About Mamun Confessions (some sensational stories…)fficeffice" />
http://www.probenewsmagazine.com/ind...contentId=2375

About Hasina taking money: http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/03/d7060301033.htm
Old June 5, 2007, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

OOps! the first link on Mamun's confession is here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
About Mamun Confessions (some sensational stories…)fficeffice" />

About Hasina taking money: http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/03/d7060301033.htm

Old June 5, 2007, 03:50 AM

Bribe to 'Hawa Bhaban' to suspend 'Mig-29' & 'Frigate' case. Says Daily Manabzamin
Old June 5, 2007, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

Tom (gen retired)
Dick (gen retired)
Harry (gen retired)

Not that is any worse than the nightmare we have been living for the past decades.
Well, whats wrong with that? Military people are angels and they have no greed, or corruption in their veins. Just look at Ershad, an honest military man and much better person than any politician.

Only politicians try to acquire wealth illegally, the army simply wont do that, for they are the army and we are just greedy and unpatriotic civilians
Old June 5, 2007, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Well, whats wrong with that? Military people are angels and they have no greed, or corruption in their veins. Just look at Ershad, an honest military man and much better person than any politician.

Only politicians try to acquire wealth illegally, the army simply wont do that, for they are the army and we are just greedy and unpatriotic civilians
I think they use the term Bloody Civilian!!
Old June 5, 2007, 07:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

Tom (gen retired)
Dick (gen retired)
Harry (gen retired)

Couldnt agree any more.
The way things were going for the past 36 years...
id settle down for any Tom, Dick and Harry who knows a thing or two about running a major institution.

Surely it cant get any worse.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 5, 2007, 07:10 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Very recently one of my batch mate who is working at Chief Advisor office at a high profile "non-civilian" job came here for a training course.

We had some free discussions, most of which I cannot reveal here. He left me depressed, Army has now taken the role of the "bloody politicians" and "toll collection" is talking a new shape.

He is foreseeing a puppet government for the next 6-7 years.

I will be very happy if he is wrong.

Last edited by Miraz; June 5, 2007 at 07:19 AM..
Old June 5, 2007, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Very recently one of my batch mate who is working at Chief Advisor office at a high profile "non-civilian" job came here for a training course.

We had some free discussions, most of which I cannot reveal here. He left me depressed, Army has now taken the role of the "bloody politicians" and "toll collection" is talking a new shape.

He is foreseeing a puppet government for the next 6-7 years.

I will be very happy if he is wrong.
this is grave,for how much corrupt the politicians may be,they are at least to some point bound to the people,thats why the governments could not sell the Chittagong port or export natural gas.However,with Army,there are no such obligations,Mosharraf proved that,and I'd rather stay in a corrupt politician's hand than in that of a genocidal army autocrat.
Old June 5, 2007, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
this is grave,for how much corrupt the politicians may be,they are at least to some point bound to the people,thats why the governments could not sell the Chittagong port or export natural gas.However,with Army,there are no such obligations,Mosharraf proved that,and I'd rather stay in a corrupt politician's hand than in that of a genocidal army autocrat.

When Musharraf came to power the pro-army brigade claimed that Pakistan would b free of corruption. 8 years later, corruption is still there, in a different form. However the pro-army brigade accuses anyone claiming corruption to be present in army as being unpatriotic. A senior proarmy politician called for civilians criticising the army to be shot dead. They feel that the civilian populace should just stay silent about corruption by army.

That is why many of us are apprehensive about something similar happening in Bangladesh. We respect our army, but after Ershad and Musharraf , we believe army too can get thick headed through too much power. The pro-army brigade, which is less powerful in Bangladesh in Pakistan, nevertheless exists and believes army is a God of some sorts which can do no wrong. As expected the pro-army people consists mostly of either people who are actively serving or people who have close relatives in the military. They would benefit personally from the army being in power which is why they support a military govt.
Old June 5, 2007, 08:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Bound to the people?!#$
Old June 5, 2007, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

The sad part is that they are not being sent to hell or making any decision on their case. Even Ershad's case has now disappeared from the media and nobody is talking about it. The new power is just holding these criminals as hostage for a while and they will let them go once a deal is finalized among these old criminals and new ones. So we just have to compare which era we lived better: Mujib vs ZIa vs Ershad vs Hasina vs Khaleda vs New Force.

Finally a food for thought, what if the new force goes hand in hand with Jamaat and Islamic power gets stronger in Bangladesh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
I shall live on hope anyone other than those goons, thugs, criminals and looters. My first priority is to send them to hell, worry about who fills up comes way later.

Last edited by allrounder; June 5, 2007 at 08:44 AM..
Old June 5, 2007, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The first criteria is safety, security and financial solvency of the people.

I understand all the outcry about the politicians Vs retired generals. It is easy to scream murder when we are living our comfy lives abroad. But given how rotten the whole political setup had become, most people in BD would rather take a puppet govt that ensures relative peace and financial progress.

Given the different accounts of corruption that are coming out in the press, I don't think this is creating any vacuum at all ... in fact it is healing an ugly rotten cavity.

Unfortunately we are very fickle people. Regardless of how bad the corruption is, Sheikh's daughter or Zia's wife are destined to win elections and usurp power - a byproduct of our long feudal history. So if a puppet govt can keep them away from power while the people get used to progress (safety, economic solvency), it is a great proposition.

As for selling CTG port - that's a misnomer. If the port was rightly outsourced to a profit driven entity then you'd see a Hong Kong or a Singapore taking shape in BD. As for exporting gas - the principal reason for resisting that should be to prevent the politicians from lining their pockets, but now that they are tamed, if a clear accountability is established then I am all for earning money for the country through export. Regardless of whether we export any NG or not, it will not last forever.

Old June 5, 2007, 10:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

allrounder,
read your signature. You for one shouldn't be questioning about who would fill the vacuum. Have faith. The Almighty don't help unless we ourselves try. If we do nothing to these corrupted politians, businessmen then we are not helping ourselves. The void will be filled by someone else. All the CTG has to do is create transparancy in the system so that whoever comes next don't have the luxury of getting bribes. Take out the power from the Amlas.
Old June 5, 2007, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Tigers_eye,
I have not seen any sign of transparency so far from CTG and I await for the decisions on the cases against these corrupt individuals starting from Ershad. Then hopefully we can go after the ones that escaped and fled the country and eventually go after their assets and family members (none should be spared) and put them back behind bars or leave them on the streets.
Old June 5, 2007, 12:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

we need a different section for this. 500 + on the list so far.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)