facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 16, 2013, 12:27 PM
Banned

True professional, real legend

Old January 30, 2013, 01:13 PM
Street Cricketer

Default One of the most important player of Bangladesh

Mashrafe Bin Mortaza.He is the most important player of Bangladesh cricket team.But last World cup he could not play for One (!) caddish player.But he shown his importance in BPL 2012.He was the winner captain.This BPL 2013 also we hopeful Inshallah He will be also winner captain.Best of Luck Mash.....
Old February 15, 2013, 10:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

MAsh tumi jao, prothom alo te lekha lekhi koro
ar Afghan ebong deshi local player der shathey dhishum dhushum koro.
Old February 15, 2013, 10:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Mashrafeer modhee choker choker bhab ache. He shouldn't bowl last few overs in any format.
Old April 1, 2013, 03:45 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Mashrafee ponders Test return

Staff Correspondent

Former national captain and spearhead pace bowler Mashrafee bin Murtaza can script an unexpected Test return by joining the national team in the forthcoming tour of Zimbabwe as he was optimistic after being offered to consider the possibility,’ said chief selector of the Bangladesh Cricket Board on Monday.

http://www.newagebd.com/detail.php?d...9#.UVnwl5pwbIU

A big no! Stick to the limited overs matches. We don't want him to have another operation again.
Old April 1, 2013, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Actually, I desperately want him to play Tests.

Scenario:

Mash and Nazmul open the bowling, Mash bowls 7 overs, Nazmul bowls 8 (hypothetically speaking, if Mash is feeling klutzy then he doesn't have to bowl so many in one go), opponent: 40/3 after 15. Ok, let's say 50/2. By the end of the inning, Mash will have bowled 15 overs, Nazmul 20, Shakib and Gazi 30 each, Riyad (he's not going anywhere, unfortunately) 10, Ashraful/Nasir/Nayeem a combined 10. That's a total of 115 overs. Stretch a few of these guys and it could go up to 130. That's enough time to bowl a team out on a semi-good outing. Let's say 350-375 a/o. Shakib and Gazi combine to get 5/6 wickets, the rest can split the balance among themselves.

Now consider this:

Abul: 30-0-180-0
SRK: 30-0-210-0
Rubel: 20-0-100-0
Shakib and Gazi combined (at the back of the beating endured by the pacers): 100-20-250-6
Part-timers: Doesn't matter, we're already screwed

At the end of the inning, opponent: 1000/6 dec

I don't think bowling 15 overs over two days will cause Mash to break down. If that happens, it could happen in an ODI too.

Our pace bowling situation isn't improving any time soon. If we can get around 30-40 overs of l&l bowling (and a few wickets) from our pacers in a Test match, that should be more than enough to keep the pressure on and allow our spinners to finish the job. These Abuls are just not cutting it anymore (not that they ever did).
Old April 1, 2013, 06:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

why not to bring sajedul and talha jubair in longer format and robiul seems improving. plus we have shafiul.plus in a few years introduce taskin. najmul will be fit and can play few matches here and there.

keep mash for ODI and T20
Old April 1, 2013, 06:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

10 Mashrfee over in first 50 overs of the day is 100 times better than Abul/Rubel and SRK. He can then field in slips with strict guidance that he should not chase the ball if it goes past him. He can then bowl few overs once the 2nd new ball is taken. We need to find another seamer who can bowl 20 overs. And we need to groom Nasir so he bowls 5 overs a day. That's 35+ overs the remaining 65 or so overs can be shared by 2 Spinners+ Part time spinner like Riyad. Which they already do anyway.
Old April 1, 2013, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
10 Mashrfee over in first 50 overs of the day is 100 times better than Abul/Rubel and SRK. He can then field in slips with strict guidance that he should not chase the ball if it goes past him. He can then bowl few overs once the 2nd new ball is taken. We need to find another seamer who can bowl 20 overs. And we need to groom Nasir so he bowls 5 overs a day. That's 35+ overs the remaining 65 or so overs can be shared by 2 Spinners+ Part time spinner like Riyad. Which they already do anyway.
That makes a lot of sense.
Old April 1, 2013, 07:08 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

A big no to that. Mushy has no clue about giving rest to bowlers properly during the day. If mash bowls well, mushy will give him a marathon spell and create the breakdown
Old April 1, 2013, 07:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

‘আমি মাশরাফিকে টেস্ট ক্রিকেটে ফেরার অনুরোধ করেছি। সেও ইতিবাচক মনোভাব দেখিয়েছে। বলেছে পুরোপুরি ফিট থাকলে তারও ইচ্ছা জিম্বাবুয়ে সিরিজে টেস্ট খেলার’—কাল টেলিফোনে বলেছেন প্রধান নির্বাচক

‘পেস বোলিং নিয়ে আমরা প্রচণ্ড সমস্যায় আছি। এ অবস্থায় টেস্টে মাশরাফির মতো অভিজ্ঞ কাউকে দরকার। ওর ১৫-২০ ওভার বল করতে হবে, এমন কোনো কথা নেই। প্রয়োজনে ১০-১২ ওভার করুক। তবে আমরা পুরো ফিট মাশরাফিকেই দলে চাই।’

ব্যথা যে রকম আস্তে আস্তে যাচ্ছে তাতে অনুশীলনে বোলিং করতে মাশরাফির আরও সাত-আট দিনের মতো সময় লেগে যেতে পারে বলে শঙ্কা। সে ক্ষেত্রে টেস্ট সিরিজ তো নয়ই, জিম্বাবুয়ে সফরের ওয়ানডে সিরিজেও মাশরাফির খেলা অনিশ্চিত। অবশ্য বিকল্প ব্যবস্থায় গেলে পুরোপুরি সুস্থ হওয়ার সময়টা কমিয়ে আনা যেতে পারে বলে আশাবাদী দেবাশিস, ‘ব্যথা কমানোর বিকল্প ব্যবস্থা নিলে অল্প সময়ের মধ্যেও সমস্যার সমাধান হতে পারে। তবে এ ব্যাপারে এখনই চূড়ান্ত কিছু বলা সম্ভব নয়। কাল (আজ) ফিজিও বিভব সিং দেশে ফিরলে তাঁর সঙ্গে আলোচনা করে সিদ্ধান্ত নেব।’

এই শঙ্কার কথা জানেন প্রধান নির্বাচক আকরামও। টেস্টে মাশরাফিকে পেতে চাইলেও দল ঘোষণার আগে তাই অপেক্ষা করবেন আরও একটু, ‘আগামী দু-এক দিনের মধ্যে চূড়ান্তভাবে জানতে পারব মাশরাফির কী অবস্থা। এ ছাড়া দল ঘোষণার আগে সাকিব, তামিম, শফিউল, আবুল হাসানের ইনজুরিরও সর্বশেষ অবস্থা জানতে হবে।’

মাশরাফিকে টেস্টে ফেরার অনুরোধ
Old April 1, 2013, 07:40 PM
Cricket Legend

^ good news - at least a change for the better.
Old April 1, 2013, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
A big no to that. Mushy has no clue about giving rest to bowlers properly during the day. If mash bowls well, mushy will give him a marathon spell and create the breakdown
I think Habibul Bashar was the worst, he over bowled Mashrafee with out any plans to manage him. I wonder why the think tank did not do anything at that time...

But, it is sad that mushy and shakib are not good at managing their bowlers...
Old April 2, 2013, 05:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

that's a bad idea, first of all MAsh isn't that much of a successful bowler in Tests than he is in ODIs,having said that Mash will be two times better than the current SRK & Rubel, and secondly he got injury problems, we need him in ODIs,

What worries me is why the selectors thinking of him? does that mean they are not thinking about Taskin/Nazmul/Shafiul or are they not sure to be fit ?
Old April 2, 2013, 05:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Best news in a while. We don't really play that many Tests if you think about it and if he is managed properly this could go very well for us. Give him a break from the LOs portion of the tour - we should be able to handle Zim without him.
Old April 2, 2013, 06:42 AM
Banned

I am worried if they are trying to convince half-fit Mashrafe to return. If his injury gets worse we will lose his service in the limited over matches as well. He should take as long as it requires to recover fully. Idiot BCB, won't take any step to develop fast bolwers and now trying to kill the golden goose.
Old April 2, 2013, 06:59 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
I am worried if they are trying to convince half-fit Mashrafe to return. If his injury gets worse we will lose his service in the limited over matches as well. He should take as long as it requires to recover fully. Idiot BCB, won't take any step to develop fast bolwers and now trying to kill the golden goose.
my fear exactly
In my view the bigger picture is us winning a major ICC tournament or at least reaching Semi Finals and I feel Mashrafi will be a key bowler both in the upcoming T-20 World Cup on our home soil as well as the ODI worldcup in Australia. He is far more important to us in the limited overs format to be taking risks with him in the longer version.
I would rather see we pick medium pacers who can bowl consistent line and length from the domestic league for tests. Enough of the so called speed stars like Rubel, Abul and Shahadat. Watching them bowl is torture... even Farhad 'kallis' Reza has better control than these guys
Old April 2, 2013, 07:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Desperation at its best !
Now we are risking the good one we have.

May be he can do short spell of 4-5 overs per session in a day.
But is he fit enough to do that in successive days ? Fit enough to be fielding in a test match ?
We simply can't have one to just bowl his overs, then go back to dressing room and field his dummy for the rest of the days.

What is the ICC rule for it ?
Does a player needs to be on the field for X number of overs ?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 2, 2013, 07:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Akram khan pagol hoe geche. Why he looks 4 other pacers. Sajedul,alauddin,al amin or even tapash can be tried. They r better than srk or abul.
Old April 2, 2013, 08:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Do u think Mushy will be that insensitive..?

But any way, I don't think Mash will really be fit or the test matches... He can spend some time in the nets with our pacers to guide them, how to bowl better..
Old April 2, 2013, 09:51 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Do u think Mushy will be that insensitive..?

But any way, I don't think Mash will really be fit or the test matches... He can spend some time in the nets with our pacers to guide them, how to bowl better..
All i know is that He isn't very smart with his bowling changes as a captain. He almost always over bowls Gazi, never uses part time options and also over bowled Robiul to a point where he had to leave the field
Old April 2, 2013, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
All i know is that He isn't very smart with his bowling changes as a captain. He almost always over bowls Gazi, never uses part time options and also over bowled Robiul to a point where he had to leave the field
True, he thinks Abul is the solution to our T20 pace bowling woes.
Old April 2, 2013, 10:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Mushfiq is not an innovative captain which was Shakib.
Old April 2, 2013, 11:03 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
Mushfiq is not an innovative captain which was Shakib.
Both individuals have strengths and weaknesses as captain. Mushy's strength is his people skills. The team looks happy and united under him but his captaincy lacks innovation. Shakib was much better in terms of tactics but he seriously lacked the people skills. I don't know how much input a Vice Captain can have on the field but I haven't really seen Ryad going up to the bowlers or captain when things go wrong.
Old April 2, 2013, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Could it be training, upbringing, culture? Mathews in contrast showed a lot more awareness, astuteness. He wasnt afraid of doing things differently.