facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 29, 2005, 02:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla
Default Flintoff says Ganguly was awkward

Lol, freddie says he was acting like royalty when he was with him in the lancashire team, his arrogance i belive has to his downfall and i belive ganguly as the end of his road, although the indian cricket board has given him a life line

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4292054.stm

Old September 29, 2005, 09:03 AM
Cricket Legend

why he is telling this after 3yrs. first shot by the crowd, then bullying Ganguly. Same old british snob. Whenthey are down they are the most courtious oce top become the bully. He is just ssensalizing to shot up the sell.
Old September 29, 2005, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Unfortunately, due to the recent hype, anything and everything Flintoff says is taken by his fans to be of unquestionable value and accuracy.
Old September 29, 2005, 10:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

It was well reported that Ganguly was a bit awkward when at Old Trafford and wasn't the most popular in the dressing room.

So, this story isn't a shock for a Lancashire fan like myself.

I must say though, this Freddie autobiography is dishing up some serious juice in the gossip department. I imagine when this was written Freddie didn't expect cricket to be so popular in England and quotations to be splashed all over the press. I imagine he is quite embarrased now.

I am not convinced this is the best time for Freddie to release an autobiography. It doesn't even have the Ashes stuff in it so the content is already outdated. I think I will wait until he releases another at the end of hs career, when the hype has died down and there is far less opportunity for things to come back and kick you up the ***.
Old September 29, 2005, 11:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Hmm, there might be truth to this. Coz Ganguly when selected for the indian team, refused to carry drinks into the field as a 12th man. he is a royal prince.

On freddie and autobiography, i think he has a long way to go, to retire, he can write his autobiograpny then. I agree with Rob, this is too early for him.
Old September 29, 2005, 03:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

I agree that Freddie has spiced up his autobio more than needed, but I think he is right about the 'Prince of Kolkata'. I think Ganguly has a mouth bigger than his body.
Old September 29, 2005, 11:56 PM
Club Cricketer

Well, we people of this sub-continent start as losers, our inferiority complex and lack of self respect. With exceptions, fortunately.

Think about the reverse: One Englishman in an Indian dressing room. Will anyone complain if he does not mix well with the rest? Or it will be the fault of everybody for not accomodating an outsider?

Every individual is a little different, Flintoff is Flintoff, Ganguly is Ganguly. What is the problem?

Want to sell your book? Fine, find some other way than throwing dirt as others..

No a days we can overpower the English lion quite frequently.
The big mouth will give you a big snub every single time you open your dirty mouth.

Honestly, it was only after Sunil Gavaskar that the Indian players got some kind of respect.

Gavaskar defends Ganguly from Flintoff's criticism:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indi...ry/220460.html

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...r_050929081731

Edited on, September 30, 2005, 5:15 AM GMT, by Dadababu.
Old September 30, 2005, 11:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

No no Dadababu..it was not about mixing/manners that are disturbing..we understand that

the part that may be true is that Ganguly feigning injury to avoid work out. That is a permanent problem with the so called 'star' players of our subcontinent. What happens is: when they become star, they feel elevated, and do not think that they need to practise and work hard like before (when they were not stars).

Gregg Chapell accused likewise. I dont care for the other allegations, but a captain not leading the team workout - thats not good.
Old September 30, 2005, 08:56 PM
Club Cricketer

Ganguly deserves some criticism for his lack of form and for the recent untimely outburst. But still I like him because of his determination, leadership, success he has brought to the Indian team and bold attitude that most of the players from our part of the world lack. Now he has got a last opportunity to prove that he is not finished , in 12 ODIs. That is provided he is selected as the Captain on 13th. Oct. It is very challenging task so his well wishers and enemies will be looking forward to it.

It will also be interesting in case he has to go now or after 12 ODIs, because then one can see how India does under new Captain. More than anything else, the real challenge for Greg Chappel will start only after Ganguly loses his captaincy.

Seems Ganguly has more enemies than friends in India and abroad so it was a surprise when I just checked in a NDTV poll that he has got 53% support against not stepping down.

Some sort of support here for him-
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indi...ry/220583.html
[http://www.anandabazar.com/1khela6.htm

Note:
. Dalmya couldn't have influenced Glamorgan.

Edited on, October 1, 2005, 6:53 AM GMT, by Dadababu.
Old October 1, 2005, 04:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

glamorgan chief defends ganguly!!
soure TOI(times of india)
i agree with dadababu that none other than ganguly has so much of attitude dat an english got fed up!
ganguly is ganguly a gr8 leader but a poor batsman at this point of time!
luk at other sub continent captains,can they ever shoot back if an english or oz says sumthin?
inzi,atapattu,bashar all lack ganguly's quality of being a gr8 leader n ganu lacks their quality of being a gud batsman!
Old October 1, 2005, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

flintoff's way of saying "I dont like hussain, I dont like ganguli bla bla". its like a 10 yr old saying I dont like Mr A or B. Grow up Mr Flintoff,...............

oh you just got hit by shoaib, the world is not that easy after all, is it?
Old October 1, 2005, 10:49 AM
Test Cricketer

this freddy has been mouthing off lately.....sum1 shud put a tape in his mouth.....
Old October 2, 2005, 08:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

i actually believe woteva freddie said mite be true coz ganguly at this point of time when his form isn't gud is being modest but just try to think when he waz on his peak of form in 2000 wot his attitude would have bin??
he already has loads of attitude!
Old October 2, 2005, 10:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bombayrocks
i actually believe woteva freddie said mite be true coz ganguly at this point of time when his form isn't gud is being modest but just try to think when he waz on his peak of form in 2000 wot his attitude would have bin??
he already has loads of attitude!
cant disagree on that......but wat about the claim of crowds shooting at him...??

next time he is gonna say that black mark on his head is caused by matrix guys trying to plugg him out of the system or sth....
Old October 2, 2005, 12:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

What is that black mark on his head? Can't figure it out. Must be a dodgy birth mark or something.

tiger_man, do you get the jitters when pressing the fullstop button on your keyboard?
Old October 2, 2005, 02:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
What is that black mark on his head? Can't figure it out. Must be a dodgy birth mark or something.

tiger_man, do you get the jitters when pressing the fullstop button on your keyboard?

maybe a birth mark.

he must have died that bit for fun? no i dea why, scar or something, grey hairs in that region ? lol, weird ideas, i guess no journalist has ever asked what that thing is, i only saw it in the ashes series and odi series this year, but not before.
Old October 3, 2005, 12:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
what makes u say that??

its my style of typing....anything wrong??
Old October 3, 2005, 01:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Now we're getting personal here, lets not move away from the topic!
Ganguly's love hate relationship with the Board is coming to an end. He is good with the Indian press but otherwise he's not good for the game. He has had many complaints against him by cricketing players from all sides.
I remember Steven Waugh criticising him for coming in for the toss late all the time during their Indian tour a few days back. I do agree that he has this air of royalty around him just coz he's the captain of a "rich cricketing nation".
Yes, Freddie was a little too harsh but i don't criticise his comments simply coz he said what he felt like and thats truly justified!
I don't like many cricketers, Shoaib Akhtar for example; but that doesn't mean i won't shake hands with him or anything. Nasser Hussein can surely take criticism and there are players who will take such criticism with a pinch of salt- and not make a fuss about it liek Ganguly did when Chappell criticised him. I'm sure Chappell's comments were direct and straightforward but the manner in which he conveyed them was wrong but Ganguly's outburst is like that of a Inter-school cricket player!
I think the Indian team will see a new captain before the World Cup!
Old October 3, 2005, 02:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
what makes u say that??

its my style of typing....anything wrong??
Nothing wrong.....just wondered why you keep doing it all the time.....?
Old October 5, 2005, 11:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob

Nothing wrong.....just wondered why you keep doing it all the time.....?