facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 30, 2011, 12:35 PM
Street Cricketer

Post Bangladeshi Players Should Not Play IPL

I know some of you will tell it's a matter of big sum of money. But In my opinion Bangladeshi players are losing more than gain from IPL. They go to play in IPL and they are sitted the whole match. Sakibs performance in the current IPL was good, but even though he was successful taking wickets he was dropped the last and todays match. Mashrafe when went there, he lost his form by not playing at all. Only one match he played and he did bad because of the mental pressure. By being in IPL, our players are losing confidence and skill. So instead of being in IPL, I think BCB should let them play either home grown tournament or County cricket. What do you think

Old April 30, 2011, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Well, he'll still make some money even if he doesn't play.
Old April 30, 2011, 12:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chok
I know some of you will tell it's a matter of big sum of money. But In my opinion Bangladeshi players are losing more than gain from IPL. They go to play in IPL and they are sitted the whole match. Sakibs performance in the current IPL was good, but even though he was successful taking wickets he was dropped the last and todays match. Mashrafe when went there, he lost his form by not playing at all. Only one match he played and he did bad because of the mental pressure. By being in IPL, our players are losing confidence and skill. So instead of being in IPL, I think BCB should let them play either home grown tournament or County cricket. What do you think
how bout you dont work any more from tomorrow

apologies if you are a minor
Old April 30, 2011, 01:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

there may be a poll asking the question
Old April 30, 2011, 01:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

if sany player is not doign well in IPL its the players fault its not IPL's fault , it shows how poor cricket skills we BD people have that we cant even play well in IPL even associate nations Ryan ten doechate is doing better than bd pLayers . The fact is whoever plays in a competition they have to compete u cant give excuses for not playing for bad performance then ur not a good player at all
Old April 30, 2011, 02:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
if sany player is not doign well in IPL its the players fault its not IPL's fault , it shows how poor cricket skills we BD people have that we cant even play well in IPL even associate nations Ryan ten doechate is doing better than bd pLayers . The fact is whoever plays in a competition they have to compete u cant give excuses for not playing for bad performance then ur not a good player at all
sakib's performance wasnt bad at all .he has taken 7 wkts in 4mtchs and was the 3rd leading wkt taker in the ipl prior to the match vs rcb where gayle unleashed the hell out of each kkr bowler not only shak.ond bad match and he's out!!on the other hand morgan failed match after match bt retained his pos!! And when did u see ryan performing well then shakib in the ipl?? Kkr didnt even use him as a bowler and batted in only one match.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 30, 2011, 02:32 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
how bout you dont work any more from tomorrow

apologies if you are a minor
How bout making some money by actually working for it? like in county? And not like a typical lazy Bengali!
Old April 30, 2011, 02:40 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
when did Ryan even perform? man we have some random ppl in this forum
Old April 30, 2011, 02:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
when did Ryan even perform? man we have some random ppl in this forum
Oh ya like we never had a non performer in our team? Everyone needs to realize teams choose their playing 11 based on their needs and whatever they think is the right combination. How many of us here were upset that Jahurul was left out of the squad even thought we thought he deserved to be there? Or how many of us get upset that Ashraful keeps finding place in the team even thought he doesn't deserve it? It's the exact same way for KKR. It's the management that's making the decision, they are there to win it all and they make their decision based on what they think is the right thing to do. Obviously as fans we have every right to disagree with them, but when we starting throwing around things like 'Oh he's not getting picked being he's Bangladeshi' (I don't know who said this, but I'm pretty sure someone in BC did). That's just nonsense talk.

Glen McGrath had to warm the bench for almost an entire season of IPL (I don't know which team he played for), that's doesn't mean the management had anything against him. People need to stop complaining about IPL. Shakib is loving it, and I'm happy for him.
Old April 30, 2011, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

What a pointless thread, Shakib just sat out for 2 matches and you start whining, If you can't stand it when Shakib doesn't play then just don't watch those matches, don't demand that they shouldn't play, There were so many greats of the game who sat out of their respective teams, Murali, Mcgrath, Vaas, Jayasuriya, etc. Even Lee sat out last match

I know when Shakib plays again for KKR you'll be like , goo KKR, IPL is great, ffs be patient and just be happy that KKR is winning, Shakib will soon get his chance

This thread should definately be moved to League section

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 30, 2011, 04:15 PM
Banned

I personally watch IPL cuz of Shakib...if he doesnt play I dont even watch.

However among all the BD players that have played in the IPL Shakib was really worth playing in a team and IMO the others were not good enough to be selected for the 20-20 format.

But its great experience for any BD player who gets a chance as they will be playing alongside world class players atleast in the nets.
Old April 30, 2011, 04:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

IPL under estimates us which hurts me but still it's a good learning tour for SAkib in a team with world class players like Kallis,Gambhir,Lee etc.
Old April 30, 2011, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well, u right about that.....but when money matter come middle of the point always he wons.
Old April 30, 2011, 05:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

What b_sy said. Team combination, people.
Old April 30, 2011, 05:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

Mashrafee and Razzak did quite bad in IPL while Shakib was quite good in bowling. I am sure they will recall Shakib in the upcoming matches.
Old April 30, 2011, 11:19 PM
Banned

Nazmul Hossain doesn't get a chance to play in the main XI. So, no pace bowler should play in the national team.
Old May 1, 2011, 12:57 AM
Cricket Guru

I don't like the whole idea of IPL. Yes, it is a good learning tool for our players, but really? T20 ( yes, I'm slightly old fashioned)? I rather our players play in the national league then just playing some cr@**y game for a truck load of money! . IPL is all about the money and glamour, it's barely cricket.
Old May 1, 2011, 01:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

bd_sy +1
Old May 1, 2011, 02:05 AM
Street Cricketer

i don't consider ipl as cricket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 1, 2011, 04:32 AM
Street Cricketer

Most of the people on this thread did not even read my post properly. All I am saying is that if because of IPL bangladeshi players lose confidence and then skill, it is harmful to bangladeshi cricket.
I already told about Mashrafe as an example. And if you care so much about IPL rather than bangladesh cricket, then you better cross the border to India.
Old May 1, 2011, 05:02 AM

Quote:
And if you care so much about IPL rather than bangladesh cricket, then you better cross the border to India.
Can I care for both (Bangladesh cricket and IPL) without crossing border?
When Ice Man plays, I can't resists myself from watching IPL live!

Though, I agree with you that if our player's fate is going to be like Mash to Ash, its better not to go for IPL. But again, Shak can be a game changer by promoting himself and others at IPL for good?
Old May 1, 2011, 06:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

In Shakib or Tamim's case, i would have preferred playing County League than playing (read sitting on bench) in IPL (Indian Paysa League).

But, if it was Razzaq or any other player, i would not mind them sitting on bench and spending quality time with other world class players. As they may not get a chance to play in County, i will rather have them in any IPL team regardless whether they play or not.
Old May 1, 2011, 07:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib and tamim

what does shakib do when not practicing or playing cricket, does he jus watch tv or something in his room lol. Even worse in England, he must feel pretty bored and lonely, staying in a country where he can barely speak english.
Old May 1, 2011, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Avoiding IPL, how on earth is this gonna effect us positively? I agree IPL is not the best form of cricket, and is far from it. But if we[read Shakib and probably Tamim] decided to not play in IPL, no one would care. IPL like any tournament is a great learning experience, and only by playing well in these tournaments will Bangladesh get global publicity.

I agree that Shakib is treated a bit harshly, but no team yet has got the combination right. If they do, they will see Shakib fits perfectly at no.6 with 4 overs each game. But I will also say, that the "Bangladeshi" tag is costing Shakib, Morgan with much worse performance has retained his spot despite not doing anything for over 6-7 months. Probably due to his English[Irish] tag. Same goes for Brett lee, Balaji in KKR has been bowling better than Lee, and again the Aussie tag helps him I believe.

Players like Shakib/Tamim/Razzak/Imrul will have to take the responsibility and make others believe that Bangladeshi players can deliver too.
Old May 1, 2011, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

well, if quality players like shakib are benched, then it's a no from me. there's not much to learn by sitting because as shakib said in his column in PA, they don't do much team practice in IPL