facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 28, 2012, 08:05 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

at a time to open this thread! just when i figured out im fat!!!! no girls want me anymore:'( this is like someone calling me fat....

but to be on topic,i think its about time we blame our trainer, Grant Luden....this guys needs to make our players work the fat out of themselves.

Old March 28, 2012, 08:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
at a time to open this thread! just when i figured out im fat!!!! no girls want me anymore:'( this is like someone calling me fat....

but to be on topic,i think its about time we blame our trainer, Grant Luden....this guys needs to make our players work the fat out of themselves.
is grant luden still our trainer? i'm not sure
Old March 28, 2012, 08:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

hey AB De Villiers is not bad company....but in all seriousness as long as they are fit and healthy and perform i don't care. but i'd agree more singles would benefit tamim, he certianly has the ability i think it's more a mental thing with him, he has n't found that balance between big hitting and singles yet, he loves the big hitting too much right now...
Old March 28, 2012, 08:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
is grant luden still our trainer? i'm not sure
ya, havent u seen shakibs birthday party pictures?
Old March 28, 2012, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Zunaid bhai please name zsayeed bhai as the BC statician. What an analysis....waah!!

Nekre thik-i bolso 2012 is really end of the world....seeing zee looking up for a word
Old March 28, 2012, 10:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks apu, very kind of you

And thanks Roey for asking such a cool question to get my juices flowing.
Old March 28, 2012, 11:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Thanks apu, very kind of you

And thanks Roey for asking such a cool question to get my juices flowing.
I ask the questions, you provide the numbers. We make a decent team. But in all seriousness, good work again. It must feel empowering to produce all these charts with such rapidity. In business classes we always talk about applications and software to do the necessary evaluations. Well, your work always provides a great example. Cutting edge stuff.

Peace out,

Roey
Old March 29, 2012, 05:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Well, interesting point Roey.

So I did an analysis...
for the last 10 years I looked at the players who were less than 22 (Tamim just turned 23) who have played against G8 nations an batted at pos 1 to 7 and have more than 500 runs to their name.
I then calculated what percentage of their runs were run (they actually ran between the wickets) as a function of their total runs earned... this I label as '123/TotalRuns'. It shows a matter of mentality, work ethic, rotating the strike, fitness.

Here is the table, Tamim does not fare well.... And in the whole world, our Roq is the hardest young worker!

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

55% of Tamim's Runs are from boundaries. Compare that to Shakib's 37% and Roq's 28%.

remember, tamim bats during the PPs when there are 7 players in the ring so getting singles is very much difficult and not to mention he is NOT a player of soft hands. The PPs is ideal for boundary hitting as there are very few players on the boundary so once the inner ring is pierced boundaries are good to comeby.

and sakib is middle order and he is a good rotator of the strikes and he comes at a time which is not ideal for boundary hitting. He has to rotate the strike
Old March 29, 2012, 05:29 AM
Banned

Interesting point Roey but I think fitness is not a point to ponder.

Tamim may look a bit fat but that doesnt matter because he is not someone who is comfortable with getting singles, hes got the muscles to hit the ball out of the park.

Same for gayle
Old March 29, 2012, 08:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Default @ playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Interesting point Roey but I think fitness is not a point to ponder.

Tamim may look a bit fat but that doesnt matter because he is not someone who is comfortable with getting singles, hes got the muscles to hit the ball out of the park.

Same for gayle
I already said Tamim could ride on his skills. However, Mortaza will almost defnitely have problems in the future the way he's ballooning up. Again, I've said this.

Everybody seems to stay on the subject on Tamim.
Old March 29, 2012, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
remember, tamim bats during the PPs when there are 7 players in the ring so getting singles is very much difficult and not to mention he is NOT a player of soft hands. The PPs is ideal for boundary hitting as there are very few players on the boundary so once the inner ring is pierced boundaries are good to comeby.

and sakib is middle order and he is a good rotator of the strikes and he comes at a time which is not ideal for boundary hitting. He has to rotate the strike
That is why I compared him to openers only as well in post 10.
Old March 29, 2012, 12:22 PM
BC Editorial Team

TIK is Fatty McFatty but that's not the reason why he tires. It's the alleged smoking and attitude. He has plenty of power - that's not the issue here - the issue is longevity. Someone mentioned Watson & Gayle and how they score a lot of runs from boundaries. This is true but also look at how many more 100s they have. Scoring an ODI 100 is as much a fitness issue as a skills. In the PP overs you smoke some big hits and get a nice head-start but then 40s-80s typicall there's a lot of singles, and then in the PPs you have the stamina to not be tired and smoke some more boundaries.

Conclusion, keep your smoking restricted to 4s and 6s TiK and erm ease off the bhuna gosto and biryani.

BTW, nice analysis there.
Old March 29, 2012, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Thanks!
Also get back to the lifestyle, training, nutritionist that was there in 2009 season. What happened in his personal, professional life off the field at that time?

Well I got the answer to the mystery of 2009 here - and it fits! It was fitness:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...postcount=2387
Thanks to Nadim_98!!!
Quote:
Staying fit has always been a challenge for Tamim, who used to start his day with a cola and have a pizza for lunch. When the team was issued a strict diet chart ahead of the tour to South Africa in 2008, Tamim convinced the team manager to carry aerated drinks in his bag and pass them to him after reaching the hotel .
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/a-...bikes/926690/0

The SA series started in November 2008, the diet likely had an effect through-out 2009, there must be lag in physical effect in the human body. He was fit!

Wow, the model and analysis fits!

As we see, in 2009 his running btw wickets and average both increased, He was fit, and he did well.

Roey, one more point in your query and conclusion.

And alas! The diet restrictions must have been gone by the end/later mid of 2009!

Questions:
1. Who was the physio in 2008-2009?
2. Who was the fitness coach?
3. Who was the team nutritionist?
4. Where are they now?
5. Who fills those posts now?
Old March 29, 2012, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Well when you also take into consideration the Strike Rate, the sorting suddenly changes. Then you will see that Clarke, Kohli, Chandimal, U. Akmal are more dangerous players who can be very effective and are 'match winners'..

By and large, our players are very fit because they are still very young and can burn off their fat pretty easily. Mashrafee is super fit now and the only season he was unfit is when he was out of gym, workout due to his surgery last year. Heck, even Zaheer Khan baloons up after injury because of the sub-continent diet when you are not with the team.

One thing that rarely gets mentioned is, that Siddons used to mention time to time is, even if the players wants to be fit or work out, how in earth is he going to the gym in 2.5 hours traffic jam in the city? Golds Gym costs 40,000/month and BCBs own facility is a farce with some dumbells and bench presses. Even my old apartment had more equipments than what BCB has put in for players.. that too you have to come to Mirpur or go to Dhanmondi only. Besides, a player who is not under contract, can't access the BCB gyms whenver they wanted to. Any of of you recall the picture where Ashraful was working out with the team with color faded, oxidized, manual leg press? So before blaming the players for lack of muscles, we should also ask some of these basic questions.
Old March 29, 2012, 01:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
TIK is Fatty McFatty but that's not the reason why he tires. It's the alleged smoking and attitude. He has plenty of power - that's not the issue here - the issue is longevity. Someone mentioned Watson & Gayle and how they score a lot of runs from boundaries. This is true but also look at how many more 100s they have. Scoring an ODI 100 is as much a fitness issue as a skills. In the PP overs you smoke some big hits and get a nice head-start but then 40s-80s typicall there's a lot of singles, and then in the PPs you have the stamina to not be tired and smoke some more boundaries.

Conclusion, keep your smoking restricted to 4s and 6s TiK and erm ease off the bhuna gosto and biryani.

BTW, nice analysis there.
Or how about keep eating biryani and bhuna gosto but after that go to the gym and burn off the calories/fat ? I like that idea better, since biryani tastes so good
Old March 29, 2012, 01:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Well when you also take into consideration the Strike Rate, the sorting suddenly changes. Then you will see that Clarke, Kohli, Chandimal, U. Akmal are more dangerous players who can be very effective and are 'match winners'..

By and large, our players are very fit because they are still very young and can burn off their fat pretty easily. Mashrafee is super fit now and the only season he was unfit is when he was out of gym, workout due to his surgery last year. Heck, even Zaheer Khan baloons up after injury because of the sub-continent diet when you are not with the team.

One thing that rarely gets mentioned is, that Siddons used to mention time to time is, even if the players wants to be fit or work out, how in earth is he going to the gym in 2.5 hours traffic jam in the city? Golds Gym costs 40,000/month and BCBs own facility is a farce with some dumbells and bench presses. Even my old apartment had more equipments than what BCB has put in for players.. that too you have to come to Mirpur or go to Dhanmondi only. Besides, a player who is not under contract, can't access the BCB gyms whenver they wanted to. Any of of you recall the picture where Ashraful was working out with the team with color faded, oxidized, manual leg press? So before blaming the players for lack of muscles, we should also ask some of these basic questions.
that's disgusting.. in countries like Australia they have much better gym/training facility for local players never mind international players. Bcb is too busy looting money than to benefit our cricket
Old March 29, 2012, 01:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I just checked out the Golds Gym Dhaka fb page and damn those guys are super-ripped. Oder theke dure thakai bhalo...those kinds of muscle are not possible without a bit of extra help if you know what I mean.

Anyway back on topic, you raise a valid point DB but then again it can also be questioned whether, as athlethes, our players are pushing themselves sufficiently to be fit to an international standard. For that you are required to make sacrifices with regards to your diet. And also given how they can afford to buy BMWs, the latest phones and sports bikes surely they can also afford to invest in some hi-tech excercising machines for personal use? I'm afraid you can't pass the buck onto the BCB here. As professional athletes you need to take responsibility for your own fitness.
Old March 29, 2012, 01:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I just checked out the Golds Gym Dhaka fb page and damn those guys are super-ripped. Oder theke dure thakai bhalo...those kinds of muscle are not possible without a bit of extra help if you know what I mean.

Anyway back on topic, you raise a valid point DB but then again it can also be questioned whether, as athlethes, our players are pushing themselves sufficiently to be fit to an international standard. For that you are required to make sacrifices with regards to your diet. And also given how they can afford to buy BMWs, the latest phones and sports bikes surely they can also afford to invest in some hi-tech excercising machines for personal use? I'm afraid you can't pass the buck onto the BCB here. As professional athletes you need to take responsibility for your own fitness.
well obviously but no cricketer needs to look like that and they shouldnt.. you just need to be fit like a professional athlete. Cricket doesn't demand as much stamina as soccer or as much strength as football. And you are right, some of the players probably aren't professional enough or dont know about importance of being fit.
Old March 29, 2012, 04:28 PM
BC Editorial Team

Every one of our top flight players can afford an exercise machine and free weight for their homes. So yeah responsibility for fitness lies with the professional sportsman.
Old March 29, 2012, 04:39 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Tamim can afford to fly to Pakistan to personally supervise his bats being custom made. He also seems to fly to Malaysia at the drop of a hat. Surely he can afford a personal fitness room
Old March 29, 2012, 06:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

If the discussion is limited to Tamim, yes, he can build a mansion of gym with the money he earns and will earn.. but Bangldesh team is not full of Tamim like fortunate players. You have player like Shafiul who gets blisters because of bad shoes or a player like Elias Sunny who lives in joint family and shares room..Our trainer once said that some of these players don't even know the basics of fitness and they arent fit at all even if they look like they are. Even players like Sachin, Gayle works out hours at the gym/field to retain their fitness level.

We can be dientologists and think that off-season fitness is players own responsiblity and they should build their own gym but the reality is different. We don't provide easier access for national or A team players to be physically fit by providing PROFESSIONAL level facilities. And that sentiment was echoed by our ex-coaches as well.
Old March 29, 2012, 06:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

shouldn 't even juwst look at national players anyway. what about the ones who don't have a contrqct to the BCB and are playing NCL/DPL. they can't afford to build their own gym or possibly even a gym membership so how are they supposed to get fit and stay fit?

can't expect fitness to begin once you make the national team, it needs to be there for all levels. age group players should get facilities to.
Old March 29, 2012, 08:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Okay,okay my bengiez, this has spun off to something else which I didn't expect when I started the thread.The objective was to focus on Tamim's and Mashrafe's weight. The rest are okay. We are discussing excess fat here, not the lack of muscles. Stick to the topic. So now looking at these two players, both of whom are pretty wealthy, it isn't a question about having the right facilities, but having the right commitment to watch their weight. They can easily do it, but seem not to be doing so. For those belittling it as a small issue, resident statistician zsayeed has clearly proved otherwise, showing how players might be already suffering from lethargy. This might be a stretch, but had Mortaza been his once slim self, he could have stretched his back and pull in a few yorkers to restrict Pakistan to even a lower total. Just saying.

So bottom line is, investigate the team nutritionist and encourage Tamim and Mashrafe to lay off junk food.

Everytime Shakib sees a plate of biryani, he says to himself " Nah, I'll wait till the day of my wedding".
Okay, I just made that up. LOL.

Peace out,

Roey
Old March 30, 2012, 12:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Okay,okay my bengiez
You must be mona's soulmate.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 30, 2012, 03:57 AM
Banned

Well, I think an important key is Education. Our players arent that well educated to know the difference between healthy and unhealthy food. And also, their weak english and charisma makes them shy to talking to the media or even foreign players during BPL

If Id where a BD coach, id ask the players to get english course and also some health education lessons