facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 18, 2007, 04:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)
Default The selectors have been blamed by Rana's family!

The selectors of Bangladesh cricket team( Atahar, Faruk and Pricne) have been accused from Rana's Family. Is this a good move from their family at this moment ?? What do you guys think ? They think that Rana was neglected and he should have been selected for world cup squad !! I don't think so. It was possible if Saqibul Hasan was not in good form otherwise there is no need of four left arm spiners in the squad. The selectors were keeping an eye on Rana's performance and that's why he was selected in BD A team for Srilanka tour. Every one has to come through a process and Rana had a chance to get selected again in the natinal squad if he performed well in the Srilanaka tour. But it's so sad that Bangladesh lost him in a road accident. May Allah bless his soul.

Source: http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/def...&iCategoryID=1

Yes, they have done some mistakes( get commison from players by arranging the sponsorship) for their own purpose. But I would like to say that the selectors of BCB have been doing pretty good jobs so far and the coach Whatmore as well. So that every one should forgive the selectors according to current Bangladesh team's good performance .

Old March 18, 2007, 04:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

At this time we need to be a little sensitive to the family and not add any fuel to the fire.

It is just that none of us know when any of us will leave this world. At the same time it is unfair to the selectors to blame them for a death totally unrelated to the selection process. As is they are also sad and shocked like all of us here. I just think we should totally ignore remarks that are reaction to recieving a sudden shock. Let us all pray that the Almighty gives everyone in Rana's family the strength to cope with this irrepairable loss.
Old March 18, 2007, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

My sympathy to the grieving family, but there is no logic behind blaming regional bias behind Rana's exclusion when Rana lost his place in the team to his fellow Khulnaia Razzak. Also, one third of our national team players (Bashar, Sakib, Razzak, Mashrafe, and Rasel) come Khulna division.
Old March 18, 2007, 05:50 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Death is written by Allah and it will come when it is supposed to come. Nothing can change that. However, my question is, was he not worthy of the A-team visiting SL? With Razzak's current form he may be below him with ball and better with bat, but that is irrelevant here. Question is, why was not he included in the A-team?
Old March 18, 2007, 06:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

i was actually talking about the same thing with my cousins. rana should have been selected for the A team visiting srilanka. hell, i'd have been happy with rana in our world cup team instead of javed.
Old March 18, 2007, 06:07 PM
Cricket Sage

I think Rana was included in team-a for One day series only.

Now about the main topic. Relatives are still in shock and said somethings which may or may not make sense . Please lets not make an issue out of it. Its not fair to Rana and its not fair to the selectors. By reading news its clear to me, lots of people within BCB used to like Rana for his ever smiling and easy going attitude. They still believed in him, thats why he was there until the final cut. I think we should stay away from this blaming game for now.
Old March 18, 2007, 06:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I think Rana was included in team-a for One day series only.
oh yeah, i forgot. that just sucks. wish the odi series was played before the 4 day matches.
Old March 18, 2007, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovon13
i was actually talking about the same thing with my cousins. rana should have been selected for the A team visiting srilanka. hell, i'd have been happy with rana in our world cup team instead of javed.
I read a news that he has been selected for A team visiting Srilanaka. May be that was wrong. Anyway, past is past,
Old March 18, 2007, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovon13
Well, the selectors have done well so far. There is no use of taking 4 left arm spiners in the squad. Javed was selected if Tamim or Nafees fails in the opening position. Rajin was selected if Ashrafool fails then he will play instead of him.
Old March 18, 2007, 06:35 PM
Club Cricketer

rana's family iz goin thru a hard tyme.......dey wud say watevr......jus ignore dem.....itz nonez fault....accidents happen......may hiz soul rest in peace......but watevr has happened it was our loss.....lets hope bd doz well in da world cup and dedicate all da games to him.....
Old March 18, 2007, 07:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i don't think his family is conscious of what they are saying...they just buried their child...this is well known to be the MOST DIFFICULT thing a human has to do.

i know from my family's personal experience...my parents buried their first born.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 18, 2007, 08:47 PM
Club Cricketer

I think this is very bad journalism...this should not have come as a news in the first place. Printing words out of grieving relatives is a bad bad thing. They are very disturbed now and may say many things which does not mean anything. On the other hand it may create some distance between BCB and the family....
Old March 18, 2007, 08:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

People.

I think all this discussion about whether or not he should be selected in this team or that is irrelevant to his unfortunate death. Please don't trivialise and make his death a subject of gossip. Rather, everyone who fears God should pray for his soul, and for his grieving family.

May Allah give Rana peace, and give his family strength to cope with this tragedy.
Old March 18, 2007, 09:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

No & not at all . We never had the best spinners in our odi squad before Razzak & Rafiqe . Our team is in shape now as you can't take anyone out from it .

Rajin Saleh gotta be in too for his keeping ability .

Selectors done a great job indeed .
Old March 18, 2007, 09:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypoint
I think this is very bad journalism...this should not have come as a news in the first place. Printing words out of grieving relatives is a bad bad thing. They are very disturbed now and may say many things which does not mean anything. On the other hand it may create some distance between BCB and the family....
Exactly..Bd Journalist trys to find something which is not there..
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 18, 2007, 09:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

Delete this nonsense thread.
Old March 18, 2007, 09:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Things get said in a way, and the media interprets it completely differently. May be they said if Rana got selected, he wouldn't have seen his death now. And the media is good at making taal out of til.
Old March 18, 2007, 11:16 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisermatin
Delete this nonsense thread.
I second!
Old March 19, 2007, 01:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

This is one of the great sick news I have ever read in my life .

As they mentioned , they want to take the selectors to the Jury & on the otherhand saying Rana was the only one who was earning , seems like the law & order systems are free for the general public in Bangladesh .

Please delete this thread asap as people will get sick after reading this as well .

Thanks .

Last edited by Outswinger; March 19, 2007 at 02:15 AM..
Old March 19, 2007, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

well, the family's going through a LOT, and even if they did blame the selectors, i wouldn't blame them, because they are in a state of shock and grief right now. it is totally understandable if they want to blame someone or say something that they otherwise wouldn't have.

and as kabir bhai pointed out, the media might be making a deal out of nothing much.
Old March 19, 2007, 05:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Things get said in a way, and the media interprets it completely differently. May be they said if Rana got selected, he wouldn't have seen his death now. And the media is good at making taal out of til.
im agree with u bro....they shoudnt post this kind of news..never..so bad journalism.....im even in doubt if the news is 100% correct r not.....
Old March 19, 2007, 09:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

This is typically the phase when family seeks reasons for what has happened even though it was a total freak accident. No there is definitely no sense in these accusation as selectors did not sign any death warrant. Best is to ignore and take them lightly and in time they'll realise it when their sorrow goes down a bit.
Old March 19, 2007, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidcombe
im agree with u bro....they shoudnt post this kind of news..never..so bad journalism.....im even in doubt if the news is 100% correct r not.....
Bhai, this is exactly how media makes money. Do you think they care about Rana or his grieving family? Look back at all recent celebrity deaths: Steve Irwin, Anna Nicole Smith. TVs and magazines made heaps of money reporting "untold" stories and gossip with no regards to the fact that the person has passed away and cannot defend themselves like they normally would.

Unfortunately thats just how things are.