facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 19, 2005, 05:22 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Taking On England

I am not sure whether this is the right time to write this. But I can't control my rage against those bunch of snobs who humiliated our team all around. This is the high time and the right moment to take on England. Patience is key to any success. Habibul Bashar and Ashraful proved that they know the key to success after this historic match. Ours is a very talented team but unutilized . If everything goes well who knows 21st of June can be our day.

Old June 19, 2005, 05:51 PM
Club Cricketer

Yes Sir! I second that.
Old June 19, 2005, 10:26 PM
Test Cricketer

trust me its not over. we are a totally different team now. i hope ashraful won't throw his wicket away anymore. bashar and ashraful two of our talented batsmen used to throw their wickets away by playing silly shots. yesterday they played with patience and both of them got runs and steered BD to victory. now they know that key to their success is not rushing, but playing patiently. i'm sure BD team is full of confidence and self belief. BD will win one more in this natwest trophy inshallah.
Old June 19, 2005, 10:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by amarbangla
I am not sure whether this is the right time to write this. But I can't control my rage against those bunch of snobs who humiliated our team all around.
Are you referring to the English media or the England cricket team?
The team's behaviour towards us has actually been rather professional. No gratuitously offensive comments or sledging. Ok, Vaughan could have called Nafis Iqbal back in the Durham test but he and his players have not bad mouthed us in the media.

I would still like us to beat them though!!
Old June 19, 2005, 10:40 PM
Test Cricketer

We win or loose , but we have to get atleast single point to restrict Aussies going in the final .
Old June 19, 2005, 10:43 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

There is only 2 things that can happen after beating the best team in the world.

One, you go over confident and go out for a world record low (or something like that).

Two, you gain self belief and continue to carry the new found fire. Win or lose, play like a true tiger.

Lets hope, the second one is the case here.
Old June 19, 2005, 10:54 PM
Street Cricketer

I agree 100%. Listen to Dave Whitmore, hold down to your wickets first 15 over. Match winning will be a norm for us.
Old June 19, 2005, 11:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Actually, there are several factors in ODI and I think the strategy paid off against Australia.

1. When fielding try to contain them by not letting them score boundaries.

2. When batting focus on singles and doubles by playing in the gaps. Don't let the required run rate creep up more than 7.

3. Ofcourse need to have at least 5-6 wickets in hand going to the 40th over. That way you can score 70+ runs in the last 10 overs.

4. Tight fielding.

5. Positive cricket and a winning attitude.

Bangladesh must learn that confidence and arrogance are on the opposite sides of the success spectrum.
Old June 19, 2005, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by mwrkhan
The team's behaviour towards us has actually been rather professional.
i wouldn't say so. the captain and one of his crew actually had tickets to some other game for the third day of the second test!
Old June 19, 2005, 11:59 PM
Cricket Legend

We have a bigger chance of beating Australia again than we do of beating England in this series. I hope I am wrong, but getting carried away is not the same thing as having more confidence.
Old June 20, 2005, 01:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

If we bat second, there is a chance to win. We have to keep the wicket first 15 overs + Add Rana for Taposh or Nazmul. Because Rana is a sound all rounder, more importantly, they are not good against spinner. Rafique + Rana both needs to play.

But against Australia, we need to keep the winning team intact. Australia is good against spinner.

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 6:24 AM GMT, by amra_korbo_joy.
Old June 20, 2005, 02:40 AM
Street Cricketer

This is not the time to be negative about this game. Our team has shown what they can achieve. Time to be positive and settle few old scores.

Banglar Baghra - toder din asche. Ekhon Bangla maer kache prodigga kor Engragi der upor protishod nibi.
English der ke shikka de. Tora parbi jitde jodi monobol thake. Ei bar eder ke charbi na.
Old June 20, 2005, 02:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

ponting will be the happiest man if we win against england in the next match
Old June 20, 2005, 03:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I will be happy if we score 200-220 if batting first and take some wickets after that.

If England bat first anything <280 is great and if we can bat all 50 overs for a score around 230 ... I am happy!!
Old June 20, 2005, 04:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
We have a bigger chance of beating Australia again than we do of beating England in this series.
I hope I am wrong, but getting carried away is not the same thing as having more confidence.
I agree with you.... One more upset is waiting for Australia, it is very possible to beat australia again if we bat 2nd.
Old June 20, 2005, 04:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by amra_korbo_joy
If we bat second, there is a chance to win.
We have to keep the wicket first 15 overs + Add Rana for Taposh or Nazmul. Because Rana is a sound all rounder, more importantly, they are not good against spinner. Rafique + Rana both needs to play.
But against Australia, we need to keep the winning team intact. Australia is good against spinner.

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 6:24 AM GMT, by amra_korbo_joy.
I can tell you, you have some practical experience in your hand... I agree with you but add rana for Nazmul not for Taposh.