facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 6, 2010, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Thumbs down It is not enough to put the opponent on the mat

You have to hold him there.

Too many times, and too too many times, and so many times that everytime is like a rewind of some other time - BD team seems to put the opposition on the mat and then somehow lets the grip slip. We can blame it on the umpire or the individual player or a bunch of players or the whole team or on lack of killer instinct or even a bad karma. But the frequency of these happenings can easily make a heart-patient out of a normal fan.

Maybe this team is just jinxed. Or maybe it just needs a couple of players with X-factor. Or maybe it needs a psychiatrist. Or maybe a visit to Pagla Baba'r mazaar can really help. Or maybe all of this and more. I don't know. All i know is, i would personally think Afghanistan has the capability to give a better account of themselves in a few years time.

This team only had 2-3 players who really merit a place in the team. Enough said.

Old May 6, 2010, 06:28 PM

We are not good in T20 for sure - team management is to blame here (players selection, batting orders etc.).

ODI and Test - we are improving and in right track IMO.

Dulabhai - wait and see how Tigers do in upcomung tests against the English.
Old May 6, 2010, 08:17 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

I will still support the idea of separate 2020 team, where we will not have any test or odi player. That's the perfect solution

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 6, 2010, 08:20 PM
Banned

Brand new team

anamul
mithun ali
shuvagoto
kapali
dollar mahmud
najmul milon
ziaur Rahman
Sabbir rahman
Mohammad rafiq.( C)
alauddin babu
subhashis roy

Old May 6, 2010, 08:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
Brand new team

anamul
mithun ali
shuvagoto
kapali
dollar mahmud
najmul milon
ziaur Rahman
Sabbir rahman
Mohammad rafiq.( C)
alauddin babu
subhashis roy

quick and affective way to ruin some of these guys career.
Old May 6, 2010, 09:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
lol true that
Old May 6, 2010, 10:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
Brand new team

anamul
mithun ali
shuvagoto
kapali
dollar mahmud
najmul milon
ziaur Rahman
Sabbir rahman
Mohammad rafiq.( C)
alauddin babu
subhashis roy

lol @ dollar mahmud, ziaur rahman and nazmul hossain milon

dollar and ziaur are primarily bowlers and they are very very crap at their bowling. they cant even become as good alamgir kabir was.

i agree they are big hitters. but do they constantly hit big ??? no, once in ten matches they may cross 30 that too against some crap bowlers. i doubt when they play in international stage how effective they can be consistently. i think they will look as crap imrul looks like against good bowlers.

nazmul hossain milon himself dont know what he is, batting alrounder or bowling allrounder. he was intially a bowler who can bat but now a batsman who captain rarely gives the ball. he is a chris harris simlar bowler. short runup, slow appraoch and then delivers the bowler just like chris harris delvered it in a leg spinners action. i again also doubt how good his batting would be against quality bowlers.

so it will be terrible decision to include these three at 5,6,7. on average 5,6,7 of mahmudullah, riaydh and mushfiue will be far far better than these three.
Old May 7, 2010, 03:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra

Too many times, and too too many times, and so many times that everytime is like a rewind of some other time - BD team seems to put the opposition on the mat and then somehow lets the grip slip. We can blame it on the umpire or the individual player or a bunch of players or the whole team or on lack of killer instinct or even a bad karma. But the frequency of these happenings can easily make a heart-patient out of a normal fan.

Maybe this team is just jinxed. Or maybe it just needs a couple of players with X-factor. Or maybe it needs a psychiatrist. Or maybe a visit to Pagla Baba'r mazaar can really help. Or maybe all of this and more. I don't know. All i know is, i would personally think Afghanistan has the capability to give a better account of themselves in a few years time.

This team only had 2-3 players who really merit a place in the team. Enough said.
it's really a psychiatrist that we need and a change in the team management.i mean the whole strategy of the match against the aussies was wrong.ki line-up chilo eita?
Old May 7, 2010, 09:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

we lack the killer instinct, sometimes we get a nice grip of the game and then cannot give the finishing touch. that because we dont have players who can give the knockout punch.

also sometimes when we chase 180 we play as if we are chasing 120. and when we chase 120 we play as if we are chasing 180. this is certainly an mental issue
Old May 7, 2010, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
we lack the killer instinct, sometimes we get a nice grip of the game and then cannot give the finishing touch. that because we dont have players who can give the knockout punch.

also sometimes when we chase 180 we play as if we are chasing 120. and when we chase 120 we play as if we are chasing 180. this is certainly an mental issue
I think the problem stems in the management and coaching. Their expectation is for us to hit specific benchmarks and not necessarily play to win. With that attitude, its hard to win or even be consistantly competitive.

I started raquetball a year ago with another friend of mine and we play some almost pro players. Whereas, I play to win vs. the better guys he solely focuses on not losing under 5 for embarassment. The difference in the results is that he always manages to score between 5-8 whereas I might get thrashed a few games here and there but I have a roughly 30% win rate against guys that have been playing for years now.

We have to as a team and as fans stop accepting mediocrity and looking at false stats as signs of improvements. Tamim's 125 was great vs. ENG but there was no pressure on the English bowlers because BD's total never looked to be threatening. Same goes for centuries scored to save innings defeats in the 2nd innings of a test. We can jump at how far Siddons has brought our stats up but at the end of the day there is no bite or motivation for this team. Poor performance does not put their spot in jeopardy.

There needs to be accountability on every single level and people starting from BCB, Selectors, Coach, Captain and players all need to pay the price when results don't happen.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1

how so?

what carrier?
oh forget, we are world champion.

agree with offstump , milon-dollar-zia is not consistent at all, specially milon
Old May 7, 2010, 10:35 AM
Banned

i hope someone will not mention saju dutt and sumon saha all of a sudden.

they dont play any league, still some people cant forget them.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:44 AM
Banned

dollar should give up bowling, agree he is a crappy bowler but i like his hitting ability, it could be handy in 20/20, he should focus on batting
Old May 7, 2010, 11:23 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

All right, what we really needs to do is to go on with some of our players. You still need the likes of Ashraful, Enamul, Nazmul, Rasel, Kapali and Mashrafee. Honestly speaking,they have been played in the team before 2005 and they do have a lot of experience, honestly speaking. They are good nevertheless, especially in bowling and fielding. For Ash, he is having a bad time, ever since the last
Tri series, but he is a good bowler

I think you all have failed to find our problem, which is nothing but lack of experience. Do you really thing players like Warner, Dilshan, Owais Shah, Yusuf Pathan got off with a blast or did it take them a little time to become a classy player. If you look at our team, we are worse than what we were in 2007. We had seniors in the team and that was what made us a bit different. NOW we have no Rafique, Pilot or Bashar.

What you will see is that the more experienced players are better in batting, fielding, consistent in bowling and more keen on making variations, as well as good in the running between wickets
Old May 8, 2010, 03:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
I think the problem stems in the management and coaching. Their expectation is for us to hit specific benchmarks and not necessarily play to win. With that attitude, its hard to win or even be consistantly competitive.

I started raquetball a year ago with another friend of mine and we play some almost pro players. Whereas, I play to win vs. the better guys he solely focuses on not losing under 5 for embarassment. The difference in the results is that he always manages to score between 5-8 whereas I might get thrashed a few games here and there but I have a roughly 30% win rate against guys that have been playing for years now.

We have to as a team and as fans stop accepting mediocrity and looking at false stats as signs of improvements. Tamim's 125 was great vs. ENG but there was no pressure on the English bowlers because BD's total never looked to be threatening. Same goes for centuries scored to save innings defeats in the 2nd innings of a test. We can jump at how far Siddons has brought our stats up but at the end of the day there is no bite or motivation for this team. Poor performance does not put their spot in jeopardy.

There needs to be accountability on every single level and people starting from BCB, Selectors, Coach, Captain and players all need to pay the price when results don't happen.

If we like to put all the blames on the players and ruin even all of their careers..........keep doing it for another 100 years with the remaining areas constant....... they aren't going to improve. Our problem is not with the players ........ One guy needs to know how to teach these guys effectively....... one guy needs to know who are the talents who are sure to learn in future ....... one guy needs to know what kind of structure is necessary for producing better cricketers in the country....... that's minimum.
Old May 8, 2010, 05:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra

i dont think we lack killer instinct, its just that we dont have quality to compete with australia or pakistan. thats why even when bd got australia in trouble someone like hussey can come in and deliver a killer innings because our bowlers are not that potent in the first place. in the end , u said it right, we dont have enough good players to compete in this level at the moment.

by the way, i dont think afganistan will cross us in a few years time. infact, bd may cross india in a few years time, who knows. australia absolutely thrashed india, which they couldnt do with bd.
Old May 10, 2010, 02:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

We need Time & Patience.
Old May 10, 2010, 03:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
i dont think we lack killer instinct, i...............
I do think we lack
Old May 10, 2010, 06:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

We need the RIGHT coach, not just any coach, not a world cup winning coach but a coach that gets bangladeshi players mentally and the way the play. Only a great coach is going to help us improve.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Yeah, we need to start winning in the limited over formats. What we do today isn't enough anymore.