facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 31, 2008, 03:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Default $130M donations for the Sidr Victims from an Unknown.

Anonymous philanthropist to donate $130m for Sidr victims

Daily Star

A philanthropist will donate $130 million for rebuilding the battered life of Sidr victims in the coastal areas of Bangladesh.

A four-member Islamic Development Bank (IDB) team, led by head of special assistant office of the bank Mohammad Hassan Salem, held discussion in this regard with Finance Adviser Mirza Azizul Islam at the planning ministry yesterday.

"The donation is dedicated to the cyclone victims in the worst-affected areas in coastal Bangladesh," Salem told reporters after the meeting.

He said the funds will be used mostly for rehabilitation and reconstruction of primary schools in the affected areas and a soft element will be used for agriculture and fisheries rehabilitation.

Asked about the philanthropist, he said the donor wished to be anonymous.

Replying to another question, he said IDB will also support rehabilitation and reconstruction projects after final assessment of the damages done by the devastating cyclone.

Aziz told reporters that $ 110 million will be used for rehabilitation and reconstruction of schools and shelters while the rest for agriculture and fisheries.

An ERD official told the news agency that an agreement between the government and the donor agency (IDB) to this effect would be signed on February 4.

More Reports on the Issue:

Shamokal Report

Last edited by Murad; January 31, 2008 at 03:22 PM..

Old January 31, 2008, 03:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Here's another report

People started questioning about the money. They are asking if its legal to take the money from a unknown person. They are asking whether they are legal money or something. Did the donor pay taxes?? etc...

Shamokal report on the questions
Old January 31, 2008, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

yea read the news about this unnamed philanthropist but its the 2nd report that made me post. At first I thought Whats the matter with ppl back home? Then I realised the possibility of someone (or maybe a group of ppl within Bangladesh) trying to get rid of the money to cover their tracks.

Whatever it is, the Sidr victim needs this. Even ppl before suggested to use all the black money recovered for the Sidr Victims.

And if this person is indeed a genuine philanthropist who followed such an Islamic way of donation (concealing ones identity), My prayer will be for him....
Old January 31, 2008, 05:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Here's another report

People started questioning about the money. They are asking if its legal to take the money from a unknown person. They are asking whether they are legal money or something. Did the donor pay taxes?? etc...

Shamokal report on the questions
manush jonoo parey.... Khochayee Khochayee teena Beer Korbey...
Old January 31, 2008, 05:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

This is called chorer money...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 1, 2008, 04:17 PM
Club Cricketer

Should not we give this charitable person a benefit of the doubt? Should not we just assume that money was earned in a legal manner. After all, donating $130 million for the betterment of the victims of Sidr is a noble thing to do no matter what the identity or profession of that person is.
Old February 2, 2008, 01:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream theater
Should not we give this charitable person a benefit of the doubt? Should not we just assume that money was earned in a legal manner. After all, donating $130 million for the betterment of the victims of Sidr is a noble thing to do no matter what the identity or profession of that person is.
Yeah you are right. whatever background that guy might be from, we should give him the due respect.
Old February 2, 2008, 01:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

....irrespective.....
most important to see the money being spend on those who are intended for...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 3, 2008, 05:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Money has no color. We need the money. Period. Thank You Mr..
Old February 4, 2008, 07:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Hmmm, just what i feared. today's prothom-alo says it's a f*** Saudi citizen. Now they might ask to make some more Wahabi Madrassa.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/index.new...hp?nid=MTM4Mzg=
Old February 4, 2008, 08:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufism
Hmmm, just what i feared. today's prothom-alo says it's a f*** Saudi citizen. Now they might ask to make some more Wahabi Madrassa.

If this money was donated any one but a Muslim, you guys would have hailed it.
Many would have pointed out, how great non-Muslims are, and how great their heart is.

Now that a Muslim from a Muslim country, donated such a large amount to help out the victims, you put him down.

As soon as I read about the news of the donation, I prayed to Allah so that the donor is found to be a Muslim. Alhumdulillah, looks like Allah SWT accepted my Du'a.

Indeed, only a Muslim could have such a heart to donate selflessly, hiding himself from publicity for the pleasure of Allah MashaAllah! Whenever others donate, they always make sure, to have proper recognition for their contribution. If a non-Muslim would have donated this, you people would have started non-stop hartal till he is declared the next President of Bangladesh
Old February 5, 2008, 01:48 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawah
Many would have pointed out, how great non-Muslims are, and how great their heart is.

Now that a Muslim from a Muslim country, donated such a large amount to help out the victims, you put him down.

As soon as I read about the news of the donation, I prayed to Allah so that the donor is found to be a Muslim. Alhumdulillah, looks like Allah SWT accepted my Du'a.

Indeed, only a Muslim could have such a heart to donate selflessly, hiding himself from publicity for the pleasure of Allah MashaAllah! Whenever others donate, they always make sure, to have proper recognition for their contribution. If a non-Muslim would have donated this, you people would have started non-stop hartal till he is declared the next President of Bangladesh

Yes Dawah bhai, when a muslim performs any ibadah, be it Salah, Siyam ar Donation, whatever it is, there should be no RIYA. The word riya means "something that is showy, ostentatious ". A true muslim donates the rich in this world to buy something for himself in the hereafter. He donates to please Allah.

The prophet of Allah has said, "Donate such a way that if you donate with your right hand, your left hand doesn't know". The prophet emphasized on the secrecy to make sure that our niyah remains pure and clear; that is we donate to gain in hereafter, not to gain in this world.
Old February 5, 2008, 02:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawah

Brother Dawah, the guy most probably is in his death bed. probably just a failed effort to buy his passage to Jannah at the very last minute. Just can't imagine a Saudi citizen being so nice. come on we'll know these are the worst creatures on the planet. Honestly I also want to be happy becasue some muslim donated the money in a proper islamic way. But just can't help it since the guy is a Saudi. I don't have such haterd for any other people.
Old February 5, 2008, 05:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Brother Dawah, the guy most probably is in his death bed. probably just a failed effort to buy his passage to Jannah at the very last minute. Just can't imagine a Saudi citizen being so nice. come on we'll know these are the worst creatures on the planet. Honestly I also want to be happy becasue some muslim donated the money in a proper islamic way. But just can't help it since the guy is a Saudi. I don't have such haterd for any other people.
This is some sort of racist attitude, I would say. You may dislike Saudi people, but the fat is that there are good and bad people in every country.
Old February 5, 2008, 05:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:

Actually, he has SPECIFICALLY asked for regular schools which can also serve as shelters according to General Moeen in a TV report. Many of us are directly involved in that reconstruction process BTW, while others sit on the fence and whine about the plight of people outside Bangladesh, while conveniently igonring the systematic socio-economic exploitation and injustices at home, and the subsequent "Muslim on Muslim" class-based oppression which shames our nation.

Anyway, it is really offensive to see your attitude towards this act of authentic generosity. One of the best manifestations of one's submission is piety IMHO, irrespective of what we say, claim and display. The anonymous Saudi donor has plenty of it, but sadly your attitude doesn't. I wonder what Imam Ghazzali or Maolana Rumi would say about that. Tsk, tsk ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; February 5, 2008 at 05:35 AM..
Old February 5, 2008, 09:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Sufism bhai,
what are the chances your assumptions are 110% wrong. I say 110%. be it wahabi madrassas or death bed.

Thank you Dawah bhai, BD-Shardul and Sohel bhai for your excellent insights.

Just to add few things on giving:
1) The best way of giving for the sake of Allah Subhanawa tala is to not to disclose. Keep it between you and your lord.
2) However, in fund raising, it is encouraged that you show and give as much as possible just so that your fellow brothers are also encouraged to donate generously for the sake of Allah Subhanawa tala. He knows what your heart says.
Old February 5, 2008, 10:41 AM
Cricket Sage

I have a suggestion folks... the people who are still questioning the motive of this donation, please go in person and tell and try to explain it to the Sidr victims who are still struggling with their lifes. Now if you can come back in one piece, then share that experience with us...
Old February 5, 2008, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
I do share your concerns about Wahabi agenda. But I find your stupedous assumptions and generalizations rather disturbing and of very poor taste. NO race or nation are inherently only good or bad.... Saudis are no different.

May Allah reward him many folds whoever this donor is!

Last edited by BanCricFan; February 5, 2008 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: typo