facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 19, 2009, 08:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default Please stop making scapegoats and do criticise the BCB

First of all, this thread is just to bring some sanity among the members here after those painful losses in the recent times. I, myself, also am in too much pain. I know it's hard to express the emotions and difficult to swallow such insults. Yet we need to be constructive. Not destructive.

Every body involved with the team is to be blamed. But the majority of the blame has to be shared by the management, the BCB.

I have some questions which are simple enough.
  • Why still there is no sporting cricket in the NCL yet? Do we really have any active governing body at all in our cricket?
  • Is there any accountability in the team? Does JS have any accountability?
  • What is the selection policy?
  • Where is the reformation of the domestic cricket?
  • Where is the de-centralization?
  • What do mr. Lipu and co. do?
Please be constructive. Don't always make scapegoats from the players. It's BCB who is to blame more.

Last edited by WarWolf; January 19, 2009 at 11:03 AM..

Old January 19, 2009, 09:06 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I can't see any goat, I do see a lot of donkeys.
Old January 19, 2009, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

What the Bangladesh fans need to do

1. NOT blame Siddons and Ash when we lose matches we shouldn’t be losing. That’s silly and illogical like blaming Bush and Chaney for problems in the USA for the past eight years.
2. NOT question Ash’s position as captain. He is obviously the most intelligent, mature and media friendly person on the squad. I’m sure no Bangladeshi captain could even dream about winning a series 5-0 in Bangladesh against Zimbabwe
3. DO appreciate the wins against NZ in 2008 and SL in 2009. Its not like BD was already winning at least one major ODI against a test team annually already.
4. DO persevere and show patience with the top order batting. Its not like we kicked out our better batsmen like Nafees and Bashar for lack of form.
5. NOT blame Siddons for the batting woes. Its not as if batting is his specialty
6. DO mock Nafees for having a bloated average by scoring runs against Zimbabwe. So what if he did something Tamim and Ash are incapable of. Besides Ash scored a century against Australia. I doubt Nafees could ever do that
7. DO hate T20 and ignore that this is where cricket is going. While the rest of the teams get the preparations needed through IPL for the T20 world cup we will be proud of the fact that T20 is beneath us and that’s why we won’t get the team used to the format with the world cup only six months away.
8. DO take satisfaction in moral victories. Look at the 1st Test against SL where we might have made history. This is improvement over silly flukes like losing to PAK by 1 wicket or AUS by 3 wickets
Old January 19, 2009, 09:29 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Rayman, you sure do have a way with words. Finally, more people are starting to realize.
Old January 19, 2009, 10:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Good post Raynman.
Old January 19, 2009, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

err raynman..

nafees did score a century against australia.
and batting was/is siddons' speciality.

... i had to correct you.
Old January 19, 2009, 11:08 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

It's hard to find a scapegoat when the whole team fails as a batting unit.

As for Ashraful. With all due respect, Ashraful is known for a lot of things, intelligence, maturity, and media friendliness are not any of them. He is a batsmen with a lot of potential even though he has not utilized most of the opportunity afforded to him. He shows flashes of brilliance as a batsmen and a captain, but his lack of contistency in both roles is quite transparent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman

2. NOT question Ash’s position as captain. He is obviously the most intelligent, mature and media friendly person on the squad. I’m sure no Bangladeshi captain could even dream about winning a series 5-0 in Bangladesh against Zimbabwe
Old January 19, 2009, 11:10 AM
Cricket Legend

yeah.

and flashes of brilliance is a synonym for fluke.
Old January 19, 2009, 11:11 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Sarcasm 101 anyone?
Old January 19, 2009, 11:16 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Sarcasm 201
Old January 19, 2009, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

feels good though.
Old January 19, 2009, 12:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

কিন্তু আমরা কি কিছু শাখামৃগদের বিচরন করতে দেখছি না?
Old January 19, 2009, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Since the saracasm was not so obvious to some:

BD has won a series 5-0 against ZIM
We did drop Bashar and Nafees due to lack of form
Nafees does have a test century against AUS
Siddons is primarily a batting coach
We have been winning at least one major ODI for a few years now
Bush and Chaney are to blame for most of America's problems today
Old January 19, 2009, 12:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

Quote:

lol wat is bush and chaney to do with this lol
Old January 19, 2009, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:

1. NOT blame Siddons and Ash when we lose matches we shouldn’t be losing. That’s silly and illogical like blaming Bush and Chaney for problems in the USA for the past eight years.
3. DO appreciate the wins against NZ in 2008 and SL in 2009. Its not like BD was already winning at least one major ODI against a test team annually already.
4. DO persevere and show patience with the top order batting. Its not like we kicked out our better batsmen like Nafees and Bashar for lack of form.
5. NOT blame Siddons for the batting woes. Its not as if batting is his specialty
6. DO mock Nafees for having a bloated average by scoring runs against Zimbabwe. So what if he did something Tamim and Ash are incapable of. Besides Ash scored a century against Australia. I doubt Nafees could ever do that
7. DO hate T20 and ignore that this is where cricket is going. While the rest of the teams get the preparations needed through IPL for the T20 world cup we will be proud of the fact that T20 is beneath us and that’s why we won’t get the team used to the format with the world cup only six months away.
8. DO take satisfaction in moral victories. Look at the 1st Test against SL where we might have made history. This is improvement over silly flukes like losing to PAK by 1 wicket or AUS by 3 wickets
Post of the year!!!!
Old January 19, 2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:

কয়েকটা প্রশ্ন আপনাকে...
আপনি কি বাংলাদেশের খেলা দেখেন?

জুনায়েদ একই ভাবে আউট হচ্ছে - একবার, দুইবার, তিনবার, চারবার...প্রতিবার
আশরাফুল একই ভাবে আউট হচ্ছে - একবার, দুইবার, তিনবার, চারবার...প্রতিবার
তামীম একই ভাবে আউট হচ্ছে - একবার, দুইবার, তিনবার, চারবার...প্রতিবার

অবশ্য আপনি ঠিকই বলেছেন- সিডন্স আর আশরাফুলের কি দোষ?!
দোষ তো আমাদের কপালের!!

Old January 19, 2009, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
কয়েকটা প্রশ্ন আপনাকে...

দোষ তো আমাদের কপালের!!

ekdom khati kotha obayed bhai. sob dosh amar, ami keno BD cricket follow kori.
Old January 19, 2009, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:

the bush part is true
Old January 19, 2009, 05:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Captain is responsible for running the team and for making decision in the field.. Our loser captain can't get the simple things right, how we suppose to win? I don’t blame JS for the loss, we lost the game coz of Ash and his stupidity.. Mortaza and Shakib continuously performing in almost every single game, how many did he do? Ash’s failure as a captain and batsman having negative impact on the other players therefore they are neglecting the consequences and playing with no responsibly what so ever.. Putting him at no. 3 did nothing good for the team or for himself, his average is still below par.. I think it's time he should take a break.
Old January 19, 2009, 06:52 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

I completely missed it, didn't I? 3 and 4 threw me off. Plus, there are several people who are desperately defending Ashraful and Sid and i thought Raynman. I blame my missing the sarcasm on the shock (Tri-series) and after-shock (first ODI). The heart and mind can only handle so much disgust and pain.
Old January 19, 2009, 09:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Good thread! I was thinking of something similar but somehow couldn't get myself up for it. I think this series clearly shows that whatever progress that we talk about and even present stats and graphics to support it, is just not there. I think this series was supposed to be the true reflection of where we stand after the ICL saga and it has shown us the truth. It has shown us that without guys like SN and Aftab, our inexperienced bunch of batsmen struggle to reach 150 against even the Zim bowling (Disclaimer: this is not a pro-ICL post). The biggest problem is not whether the wrong bowler was chosen to bowl the last over but the fact that the match would even go to the last over. After all, we were supposed to crush the Zimbos, right? Even our usually pesimistic coach was confident before the series.

As I said earlier, this shows we are not where we want to be even by Siddons' long term planning standards and all those above questions that Warwolf asked, need to be answered.

I would like to add just one more point. For GOD's sake please start a 3-day tournament for school cricketers. We always talk about having a high quality first class tournament and barely ever emphasize on school cricket. The simple truth if you do not have quality, longer version school cricket, our batsmen will never build up that mindset of playing long innings, neither will they build up a professional attitude. People with crappy technique and unprofessional attitude do NOT convert to Mike Husseys and Brad Hodges in first class cricket - they just get the overall standard down. That's why we need to set cricketers up for a quality first class structure rather than expecting quality cricketers to pop out of a mediocre one.

We lack professionalism as a nation and our cricketers are prime examples of this syndrome. Richard McInnes identified this flaw and as many player interviews show, worked on this aspect of the his puplis beside cricketing skills. Hence, I would urge BCB to pay attention to school cricket. For me, it's as important, if not more, than our first class cricket structure.

Last edited by cricket_fanatic; January 19, 2009 at 09:18 PM..
Old January 19, 2009, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
কয়েকটা প্রশ্ন আপনাকে...

দোষ তো আমাদের কপালের!!

I do watch the games as much as possible. Difficult with work the next morning and all.

captain and manager must take responsibility. We know of the 'talent'. So you need the coach and leader that can get the best out of the players. You can blame blowouts on players as a whole but close games come down to strategy and the captain has to take responsibility.

Look at Hussey who captained against NZ in 2007. He lost 3-0 and Clarke became the next in line after Ponting/Gilly. Why are we so stuck on Ashraful being the captain? In the NBA even coaches with great history like Larry Brown get fired when things don't go right. So how long can we go without results?
Old January 19, 2009, 10:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Look at Hussey who captained against NZ in 2007. He lost 3-0 and Clarke became the next in line after Ponting/Gilly. Why are we so stuck on Ashraful being the captain? In the NBA even coaches with great history like Larry Brown get fired when things don't go right. So how long can we go without results?
Ponting was rested - Clarke was supposed to captain Australia in that series. But he then got injured so Hussey captained.

I don't think Hussey was ever seen as a possible replacement for Ponting, and certainly never before Clarke.
Old January 20, 2009, 01:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
I completely missed it, didn't I? 3 and 4 threw me off. Plus, there are several people who are desperately defending Ashraful and Sid and i thought Raynman. I blame my missing the sarcasm on the shock (Tri-series) and after-shock (first ODI). The heart and mind can only handle so much disgust and pain.
Tehsin bhai. It's not about defending them. It's about questioning the management. If the captain and coach are not playing their role what does the management do? Why don't the management ask for their accountability?

We all know the necessity of management in every aspect of life. Be it in a business, be it in our personal life or be it in the sports. Unless you change the trend in our cricket nothing will happen.

I am so much surprized to see nobody here questioned the BCB.
Isn't it interesting?

Why bagh mama and co. are still selectors?

Why BCB is still sleeping after such looses?
If the players and the coach are liable then it's the duty of the BCB to ask for the accountabilty of them. If they don't then finally the liablity definitely goes to them.

Changing a thousands Ash or Siddons won't move our cricket a single mile ahead unless we fix the inner issues.
Old January 20, 2009, 01:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

sarcasm is hard to identify on a forum at 2.30 in the morning..