facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 23, 2007, 11:13 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Mortaza, Rahim
Thumbs down bangladesh should learn from the indians and pakistanis

wht is the use of winning one big match if they lose all the other easy matches whtz the use. look at the pakistanis and the indians they r so hardworking and they strive and strive. and then wht bout ash he should have the quality to guide the team because he has taken the responsibilities in making the team to reach the heights of success. ash should learn from dhoni and shoaib malik rather than making excuses and just saying
" be postive",he is a very gud player but doesnot live up to his words and infact very inconsistent.

Old September 23, 2007, 11:34 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Enough of this, enough of feeling sorry for your team. The reality is we are not just there yet, it will take us another 6-7 years to be where the big boys are. If we have to learn from anyone then it has to be Aussies, not that I am demeaning Pak and India. But hey, when you have to learn, why not learn from the best?
Old September 23, 2007, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

i pesonally think its the player's stamina and accuracy's fault ...nd they don't know how to play the game right ....wow...that's everything required to play a good cricket game...this means bd players need a review in evrrything that they are suppose to do..

the training in sylhet might've helped them a little...they're is still a long way to go!!

Last edited by ammark; September 23, 2007 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: mod.edit: font colour normalised
Old September 23, 2007, 12:38 PM
Club Cricketer

Well...u can take examples from teams such as India and pakistan not just Austrailia. Bangladesh are minnows and will remain minows for long time. Having immature players/captains dont exactly help..Austrailians adapt their game plan bangladesh cant. India and pakistan both have reletively younger players and does well...There fore taking examples from them may help.
Old September 23, 2007, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

It has been mindblowing to witness the way this young team from pakistan nd India has performed after being eliminated ungraciously from the super 8 of the last world cup. I have nothing but admiration for these 2 young captains. Fortunately for them, they have a good team who wants to win, and that is 100% of the hurdle.
Unfortunately, Bangladesh players with the exception of a few players are very young and immature. They cannot play smart cricket. To win matches, you have to be mentally strong, play according to the demands of the game and dont throw your wickets away lke schoolboys.
Each team they play against will pounce upon their weakness. In my opinion, they should just play first class cricket and just play associate international teams e.g. Zimbabwe, Kenya, Uganda, ireland, Scotland and all some of th othet teams in Asia and Europe. They should withdraw from Test cricket until they are truly ready. They lose all the time, cant even complete 3 days, always lose by an innings, real humiliation for them all the time. It was a disaster in Sri Lanka. All these defeats play on their mind and prevents them from performing better, because they always feel that will fail.
Old September 23, 2007, 04:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

I think that the Tigerz could learn from any team, whether it be india n pakistan or zimbabwe n kenya. But its going to take time, the team need more experience and a lot of foundation issues need to be sorted. So i dont think its fair, by just blaming the players, that they are inconsistent and all the rest of it. There is a lot more in the picture. Yes the tigerz good do better, but unfortunately they are not, patience is a virtue hopefully they will learn...
Old September 23, 2007, 07:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Forgot to mention that all strong teams they play against make all these records against them E.G. Vass making his first century, Sangakarra making 2 double centuries and a few other players making test centuries. It really saddened me to watch this happen against this young team. mohamed Rafique was an ineffective bowler. Murali made new bowling records against them.
Old September 24, 2007, 04:25 AM
Test Cricketer

I still remember 'those' cricket experts' destructive criticisms on our disastrous 2003 WC. But by the time of 2007 in the span of 4 years, the whole scenario had changed, and now those comments seem completely bigoted, and had to shut up, after the deserving humilation they received which was bound to happen, and will, in future.
So, there's only one answer, patience and perseverence shall INSHA'ALLAH one day lead to our long-term success in the approaching 'glory years' for Bangladesh.
Old September 24, 2007, 04:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabeya
wht is the use of winning one big match if they lose all the other easy matches whtz the use. look at the pakistanis and the indians they r so hardworking and they strive and strive. and then wht bout ash he should have the quality to guide the team because he has taken the responsibilities in making the team to reach the heights of success. ash should learn from dhoni and shoaib malik rather than making excuses and just saying
" be postive",he is a very gud player but doesnot live up to his words and infact very inconsistent.
Pakistanis? Indians? Hardworking? That word and those countries have never been used in the same sentence.

And Ashraful can't lead the team by himself! What the hell is wrong with everyone? Give the poor guy a break! Malik and Dhoni have players around them like yuvraj and younis khan. Ashraful doesn't. Take that into consideration before mindlessly criticizing him.
Old September 24, 2007, 05:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
And Ashraful can't lead the team by himself! What the hell is wrong with everyone? Give the poor guy a break! Malik and Dhoni have players around them like yuvraj and younis khan. Ashraful doesn't. Take that into consideration before mindlessly criticizing him.
You said it bro.
Old September 24, 2007, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend

both india and pakistan team came from a good cricket tradition that lasted last 50-60 years. they have a good cricket infrastructure. bangladesh doesnt have that, we basically depend on some hand eye co ordination players who doesnt much technique. thats why we cant perform consistently. but I think we will improve..... after 4-5 years....... if we can keep improving patiently..... sort out the technical glitches, we will be a force to reckon with.
Old September 24, 2007, 06:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you living in some other planet? or what? Ash doesn't live up to his word? i am not saying he played superb or really well in this tournament. i am saying that all the country they have some furious batsman from the start and most of teams played so many matches than bangladesh whatever national or internationak. and pakistan had a huge special traning and practice in there country before coming to SA and they had played a tournament among the clubs. after watching this kinda efforts, the old cricketers, the seniors said that this is too much, this is only T20. India, when did they start to played like Bangladesh after getting ODI Status & then test status? Same thing for Pakistan. After how many days(years actually) they had won the 1st test pt 1st ODI? their history were worse than us or not that mauch difference. India & Pakistan, they reached the final. so what? we have to follow them? what a cheap shot is this!!!!! i feel terrible about this. and every Bangladeshi is feeling like this. Look back ODI WC'2003 In SA. I lost against kenya, canada. and now??????? i don't even have to say we are in front for good distance from Kenya, Zim and so few. we have played in 2nd Round of the world cups in both forms of cricket which few teams couldn't. if you wanna see improvment of our country then be with them whatever they do. they are doing great. i can't expect that they will be Australia or World Champion in a flash, in a flick. they are doing fine. give'em some time they will go furthur and furthur. you talked like Monika Bedi about bangladesh after knocking india out from ODI WC'07. let's see what Monika Said then. Read the last 2 section of this News on the 2nd page.exactly same thing i wanna say about you. and guys you can find somewhere that the reporter may be said This lady don't have any cricket sense and his hosting a cricket show. some thing like this. real cracker to the indian model COME actress COME host COME cricket commentrator COME cricket analyzer COME monika bedi.

Old September 24, 2007, 06:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
It has been mindblowing to witness the way this young team from pakistan nd India has performed after being eliminated ungraciously from the super 8 of the last world cup. I have nothing but admiration for these 2 young captains. Fortunately for them, they have a good team who wants to win, and that is 100% of the hurdle.
Unfortunately, Bangladesh players with the exception of a few players are very young and immature. They cannot play smart cricket. To win matches, you have to be mentally strong, play according to the demands of the game and dont throw your wickets away lke schoolboys.
Each team they play against will pounce upon their weakness. In my opinion, they should just play first class cricket and just play associate international teams e.g. Zimbabwe, Kenya, Uganda, ireland, Scotland and all some of th othet teams in Asia and Europe. They should withdraw from Test cricket until they are truly ready. They lose all the time, cant even complete 3 days, always lose by an innings, real humiliation for them all the time. It was a disaster in Sri Lanka. All these defeats play on their mind and prevents them from performing better, because they always feel that will fail.
did you notice bro? after how long bangladesh played their 1st test in SL tour? they were doing well once. nobody could but bangladesh almost got'em in bangladesh. if you don't play for more than a year it gonna be hard for you. ICC kept busy only top teams. they not thinking about team like bangladesh. anywayz time to play with kenya, scotland, ireland, canada and few others, i don't think it's a good Idea. time of doing that is over. it should be done before. now you put them in there and we have to start from the beginnings.
Old September 24, 2007, 03:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
look at the pakistanis and the indians they r so NOT hardworking and they STILL strive and strive.
Rabeya apu, please don't mind. I think you missed two words in that sentence. It's okay, we all make mistakes
Old September 24, 2007, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

India has played quite a bit of domestic 20/20 games, and Pakistan has been playing for about 3 months, so they came with a good foundation. Bangladesh only played a few games at home, then luckily they played the quadrangle series in Kenya. This should have helped them immensely, but somehow application was lacking.
The only 2 batsmens who are capable of making runs are Aftab and Ash, but even they are not dependable. Their bowling is good, fielding can be improved, but it is their batting that is the biggest failure
They have to play more 3 and 4 days domestic cricket to be able to bat longer, and this will help them in test cricket.
I am praying that now that they are back in Bangladeshthat they begin to prepare for the Kiwi tour, and not wait to do any practice like 1 week before they travel, or else it will be another disaster. They have to be able to take a test match into the 4th day even if they lose.
I hope the BCB are not dragging their heels
These are young talented lads, but lack mental stamina and application. I know with grooming they can go out there and win games. I have seen all their winning matches
and they played so well, they can do it.
Old September 24, 2007, 04:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I am praying that now that they are back in Bangladeshthat they begin to prepare for the Kiwi tour, and not wait to do any practice like 1 week before they travel, or else it will be another disaster. They have to be able to take a test match into the 4th day even if they lose.
I hope the BCB are not dragging their heels
Without official practice starting, the players will take their time and sleep at home most of the time. Unless it's someone who's as determined as Rajin, most of our shonar chelera are quite ghumonto pakhis.
Old September 24, 2007, 10:17 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumz_01
I think that the Tigerz could learn from any team, whether it be india n pakistan or zimbabwe n kenya. But its going to take time, the team need more experience and a lot of foundation issues need to be sorted. So i dont think its fair, by just blaming the players, that they are inconsistent and all the rest of it. There is a lot more in the picture. Yes the tigerz good do better, but unfortunately they are not, patience is a virtue hopefully they will learn...

i am not sure, when they will have experience. selectors are keep changing the team everyday and players more than 25 is considered old/senior citizen in BD team. look at pakistan, they introduce Mesbah ul hauque, 33 and what kinda success he got. Most english, australian and SAF players are over 30 and they understand game so well. maturity is important in cricket. that doesnt mean, i am against new and young players. my suggestions are, who ever is in good form, give him chance to playfor the national team. dont just bring all under 19 players
Old September 24, 2007, 11:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Quote:
Tottaly Rubbish
Old September 25, 2007, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
Tottaly Rubbish
Amen to that! Withdraw from test cricket? Pfft....you wish
Old September 25, 2007, 02:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

to be frank, i dont agree with rabeya. Because Criceters try their best. They lack in temperment and stamina. I think we have started our run just now, we have a long way to go to reach at stable position where we can compare with India and Pakistan. I know what India and Pakistan can play ,we also can. But the problem is we are not used to do that too often. May be one in 10 time right now. But plz remember once upon a time it was none in 20. I think oneday will come when it will be 6/7 win out of 10 against big teams.The day will come when we will reach that stable position.
Old September 25, 2007, 06:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

Quote:
Tottaly Rubbish
kire bhai..shotti kotha gaye lagey? Rubbish boley urae dilei holo? Sri Lankar shathey 60+ all outer kotha mone nai, naki janen i na?

Last edited by BonBon; September 25, 2007 at 11:29 AM..
Old September 25, 2007, 09:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Tottaly Rubbish
Had a good laugh...Zainab eto cheshta kore rochona likhe analysis dilo, r apni duita shobdo maira uray dilen
Old September 26, 2007, 11:09 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megh
Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you living in some other planet? or what? Ash doesn't live up to his word? i am not saying he played superb or really well in this tournament. i am saying that all the country they have some furious batsman from the start and most of teams played so many matches than bangladesh whatever national or internationak. and pakistan had a huge special traning and practice in there country before coming to SA and they had played a tournament among the clubs. after watching this kinda efforts, the old cricketers, the seniors said that this is too much, this is only T20. India, when did they start to played like Bangladesh after getting ODI Status & then test status? Same thing for Pakistan. After how many days(years actually) they had won the 1st test pt 1st ODI? their history were worse than us or not that mauch difference. India & Pakistan, they reached the final. so what? we have to follow them? what a cheap shot is this!!!!! i feel terrible about this. and every Bangladeshi is feeling like this. Look back ODI WC'2003 In SA. I lost against kenya, canada. and now??????? i don't even have to say we are in front for good distance from Kenya, Zim and so few. we have played in 2nd Round of the world cups in both forms of cricket which few teams couldn't. if you wanna see improvment of our country then be with them whatever they do. they are doing great. i can't expect that they will be Australia or World Champion in a flash, in a flick. they are doing fine. give'em some time they will go furthur and furthur. you talked like Monika Bedi about bangladesh after knocking india out from ODI WC'07. let's see what Monika Said then. Read the last 2 section of this News on the 2nd page.exactly same thing i wanna say about you. and guys you can find somewhere that the reporter may be said This lady don't have any cricket sense and his hosting a cricket show. some thing like this. real cracker to the indian model COME actress COME host COME cricket commentrator COME cricket analyzer COME monika bedi.

if u got over with ur explanation and lecture. can I now say something
.first of all how many time will we give the same excuse “they are young”
“they r inexperienced” or “dhoni got players like yuvi or malik got afridi”
for how long shall we give the same excuses we got 2 face the reality that Bangladesh is
becoming more inconsistent and they r not rectifying the mistakes .bd played so well with the west indies including the key of the win mr.ashraful played so well on that
match with patience and using his brains with his fellow player aftab but wht
happnd in the nxt match he was so aggressive and in haste scored less and in the Sl
match again he showed his inconsistency and the other match on the 1st ball itself
he hit the boundary and the nxt ball he hit a six and the nx ball oout

and u say that dhoni got players like yuvi but then wht happpnd iin the finals
yuvi got out scoring so less and later being the wicketkeeper he was in such a
pressure but he still dint panic he asked joginder sharma to bowl rather than harbajan
though he was experienced dhonir koto din hoyeche khali 3 bochor aggae
join korche he is not experienced but performed his duty so well aar ash ke ashte prai 6 bochor hoyeche.
incricket experience doesn’t matter that match u shoud infact u shud use ur brains
by the way im not criticising him as a weak player infact he is the most best players
he is the hero of the team js the thing is that hez very aggressive and the biggest mistake of the bd team was that they dint put junaeyd and nadiff
u took me rong I have never mean that bd is a weak team they got the potential
and inshaalaah they will be the best team in the word only if they try to improve their mistakes.
some ppl say dat cuz of heavy rain and flood they canot paly well so cant they arrange indoor practice .

y r u sayin that u lost were u dre??????

and by the way u dont have any rite 2 compare me with mandira bedi. ami tader weak pointz guli point iut kortechi so that they will learn their mistakes

Last edited by rabeya; September 26, 2007 at 11:22 AM..
Old September 26, 2007, 11:11 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Rabeya apu, please don't mind. I think you missed two words in that sentence. It's okay, we all make mistakes
shottti tahole tara kemne finale poiche gcehe
how did they reach the finals how did india win the world cup
Old September 26, 2007, 11:18 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Pakistanis? Indians? Hardworking? That word and those countries have never been used in the same sentence.

dhoni uses his brains and the indians esp dont panic and eeven they gt young players