facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 10, 2008, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
They might suspect that I'm in love or something and its hard to make my dad understand something.
Explain to him that it is just a crush and that it is normal for a guy your age to have crushes. Its all a part of growing up.

Old October 10, 2008, 07:17 PM
Cricket Legend

I just don't want to disobey my parents and have a bad name behind my name.
Old October 10, 2008, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Wait did your parents tell you that they don't want you to have a crush on girls?
Old October 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
Wait did your parents tell you that they don't want you to have a crush on girls?
Oneday my mom took me to her room and said "You know some of your uncles friends are married to americans but they didn't want to marry amercans they did it for their green card and passport.I don't you to marry americans like them.You are not a american,you are a bangali.You have to follow our culture"
Old October 11, 2008, 03:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
Oneday my mom took me to her room and said "You know some of your uncles friends are married to americans but they didn't want to marry amercans they did it for their green card and passport.I don't you to marry americans like them.You are not a american,you are a bangali.You have to follow our culture"
But isn't the girl you have a crush on Bangali?
Old October 11, 2008, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
But isn't the girl you have a crush on Bangali?
yes but I think she was trying to say not to fall in love at a early age.
Old October 11, 2008, 02:58 PM
Cricket Savant

yahoo main page today shows a computer program that "engineers" beauty..... puts a photo in the software and it shows what enhanced beauty would be like....

i myself didnt see any big difference between the before and after image...and ultimately it proves, human intellect perception still superior to machine because ultimately it's we who decide what beauty should be and even if it includes the flaws,

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 11, 2008, 03:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

for sure, people can be physically beautiful but it doesn't mean much if they have an ugly personality. but as for falling love at young age's, chances are it's not really love imo (not saying it can't happen though). not trying to be harsh but from my experiences, and others i know, we all said as we were growing up that the new one we had never felt as strong feelings for as the last. even as an adult i'm meeting women who i have much greater feelings for than girls i was with in my teens who i thought i was head over heels for.

also have to realise the excitment and passion won't always be there, love is about a special bond, something imo that can't be explained, you can have a list of things about what qualities they have that you like but is that love? yes you can like someone because they have certain qualities but you love them despite those things, it's that special bond which is the reason why you love them. basically if they were to strip off all of their qualities you liked about them and you still have this feeling that they're special, then that's love. it's something you can't put a label on but is always their.
Old October 11, 2008, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

if you are born and brought up in bangladesh, respectuful of the prevalent culture then don't sit next next to that girl. stay at school, go to university, keep your eyes in the books, listen to your parents, read the quran as shardul says and then get into an arranged marriage. you have no mandate for anything else. be happy.
Old October 12, 2008, 01:14 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

for me its 1)Bangladeshi 2)Turkish 3) Iranian 4)Indian 5) Caucasian. She is bangladeshi and is quite pretty. Balam's "ei bhabe aar deko na baka choke chayo na" comes to mind lol.

Old October 12, 2008, 01:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Yes Murad bhai, I try hard, to be honest, to lower my gaze, but when you are in a co-ed environment, even if you don't want, you see them. I work in the library, and my boss there is a Palestinian lady. A library associate there is an American girl. And most female students, although arab and wear cloak, do not cover their face.

hahahaha

afterall, he is a MAN. lol
Old October 12, 2008, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
if you are born and brought up in bangladesh, respectuful of the prevalent culture then don't sit next next to that girl. stay at school, go to university, keep your eyes in the books, listen to your parents, read the quran as shardul says and then get into an arranged marriage. you have no mandate for anything else. be happy.
If you are being sarcastic, which I think you are, then I totally agree with you. There is nothing wrong with studying hard, going to a good university, and reading the Quran, but I have a problem with never sitting next to a girl and arranged marriage. Is it wrong to fall in love? Is it wrong to have a little lust towards a girl? I mean come on, its human nature. I am also a firm believer in the saying that there is someone for everybody.
Old October 13, 2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
...Is it wrong to fall in love? Is it wrong to have a little lust towards a girl? ...
Oooh I like this one. Would love to have a thread on this one!!!
Old October 13, 2008, 12:44 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

Russel bhai, you seem to have knowledge on all major species... btw, who is this brunette ?
Old October 13, 2008, 01:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Yvonne Strahovski

Google the name above. Now she is beautiful. Dont worry, its not a **** star.
Old October 13, 2008, 08:17 AM
Cricket Sage

BC er sob khelowarder thikana taile ekhanee...

"Beauty is nothing without the brain"...i saw it in a BMW ad...
Old October 13, 2008, 09:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

ahaare, why didn't i come across this thread twenty years ago before i dug my grave......- loove kangaal
Old October 13, 2008, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Burger King bhai, this one's for you:
Old October 13, 2008, 09:57 AM
Cricket Savant

premik sbash,
ask you dad, "abba, if there is enough grass in the field, i am ready to play ball, right?"
also tell him that you feel like whistling or reciting poetry everytime you see a girl now a days. "dad, what's the remedy?"
i am sure he will help you out!
Old October 13, 2008, 09:59 AM
Cricket Savant

hoohohohoho.....thank you you asif bhai!...what a blast...
Old October 21, 2008, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Ok guys I have a question.

Do you think that divorce rates in the US have any coorelation to the amount of dating that goes on? In America, it is common to see relationships last less than 6 months. Most people only date each other for a little while and then they get bored and move on. Is this bad practice for once marriage time comes around? Americans focus so much on short term relationships that once they try to get in a long term relationship(marriage) it fails miserably. Of course there are exceptions to this, but the divorce rates here are much higher than countries like China, India, and BD where dating is far less common.

Last edited by Rommel; October 21, 2008 at 08:45 PM..
Old October 21, 2008, 11:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Do you think that divorce rates in the US have any coorelation to the amount of dating that goes on? In America, it is common to see relationships last less than 6 months. Most people only date each other for a little while and then they get bored and move on. Is this bad practice for once marriage time comes around? Americans focus so much on short term relationships that once they try to get in a long term relationship(marriage) it fails miserably. Of course there are exceptions to this, but the divorce rates here are much higher than countries like China, India, and BD where dating is far less common.
Correlation ar causation... duita different jinish.

In the Bangladeshi (or Indian) culture, changing partners is looked down on. That's why people will stay together even if they are unhappy. Also, women are a lot less empowered in more conservative cultures and are labeled negatively if they leave their men and get into more than one relationship in their lifetime. In the developed countries, that's not the case.

Also, women can support themselves financially in the developed countries a lot easier than women in, say, Bangladesh. So, they can get a divorce and still sustain themselves while it's a lot harder for women in Bangladesh.

Things are changing in Bangladesh though. As our society becomes more and more liberal, there are more divorces than there were a generation or two ago. You see more of this in the cities than in the rural areas, again, because people in the cities are generally less conservative in the way they think.
Old October 21, 2008, 11:57 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't find Bangladesh women particularly attractive. Deshe ferot gele oidike amar khobor ase. I've only ever dated one Bangladeshi girl, and kinda sorta saw another one for a bit. I find white girls and hispanic girls attractive. Also, some black girls. Not a big fan of Arab, Azn or subcontinental woman but yeah, I don't know why people find certain things beautiful and not others.
Old October 22, 2008, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

there are many reasons for divorce rates to be so high but one of the predominant factor has already been highlighted by someone above - that of social stigma. the other major factor and perhaps the most important reason for high divorce rates is to do with the economic status of women in society. the reality is that many marriages work in the east because there is no alternative to this. women don't have to reply on men to the extent they are so in the indian subcontinent.

divorce rate is also much higher in america than it is perhaps in greece or eastern europe. my assumption is that the closeknit family structure in these countries amount to closer bonds and less distractions from the outside. eastern european women are also generally less flirtatious once wedded.. or so is my personal experience.

divorce rates are quite high in various arab countries although you won't find any official statistic on such matters!
Old October 22, 2008, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhurr
I don't find Bangladesh women particularly attractive. Deshe ferot gele oidike amar khobor ase. I've only ever dated one Bangladeshi girl, and kinda sorta saw another one for a bit. I find white girls and hispanic girls attractive. Also, some black girls. Not a big fan of Arab, Azn or subcontinental woman but yeah, I don't know why people find certain things beautiful and not others.
perhaps it is to do with certain social sensibilities that allow us to gaze at particular women with more lustful eyes. if society prevents you from looking at non-bangladeshi women and that is how you have been brought up and accept it to be the norm, one would automatically find local women more attractive.

a work associate is bangladeshi. she is considered to be very attractive by a few other asians i know. i get along really well with this girl and she is extremely flirtatious. but i just don't find her attractive. she is quite sweet but i am not attracted to her. however, the greek girl who works with her, laurie is lovely