facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Imrul replace Jahurul in the batting order?
Yes - Imrul & Anamul should be no. 2 & 3 batsmen 7 30.43%
No - Keep Anamul & Jahurul as no. 2 & 3 batsmen 11 47.83%
Other - I want someone else to be no. 2 & 3 batsmen 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 25, 2012, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Default BanglaCricket XI - Should Imrul replace Jahurul?

Mother Thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...85#post1514185

So it seems like the BanglaCricket XI team is done but the hotly debated topic is whether Imrul and Anamul should be in the team instead of Jahurul and Anamul. If Imrul does get into the team then that means Anamul would be the no. 3 batsmen and Imrul will be Tamim's opening partner .

Has Jahurul's score against India justified his position in the team or has Imrul's scores during England in the World Cup and the home series against Australia proved that he deserves to be in the team. Decide for yourself.

Discuss.

Old May 25, 2012, 09:37 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

i want to give Jahurul another chance...but asia cup has shown his limitations, i dont think he will make it to the National team in the long run
Old May 25, 2012, 09:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

what would jahurul be as opener? i think now since we heard anamul wants to be the #3 most want him at #3 rather than opening, imrul has been alright but jahurul hasn't got a long enough chance so would be interesting to see jahurul as an opener.....
Old May 25, 2012, 09:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i want to give Jahurul another chance...but asia cup has shown his limitations, i dont think he will make it to the National team in the long run
well most BD batsmen have some limitations. as far as imrul goes he sure has the stats behind him ahead of anyone else that's been given a proper go but jahurul hasn't been given a proper go and imrul despite having shots and ok technique clearly has an issue of which is he more than normally edges the ball, that would suggest he either has problems sighting the ball, not quick enough reaction time or isn't co-ordinated enough.

i really haven't seen that much of jahurul, i know he hasn't been a superstar hit but he's put in some good performances and what i have seen he's looked ok, someone who could be a solid player.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:10 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
well most BD batsmen have some limitations. as far as imrul goes he sure has the stats behind him ahead of anyone else that's been given a proper go but jahurul hasn't been given a proper go and imrul despite having shots and ok technique clearly has an issue of which is he more than normally edges the ball, that would suggest he either has problems sighting the ball, not quick enough reaction time or isn't co-ordinated enough.

i really haven't seen that much of jahurul, i know he hasn't been a superstar hit but he's put in some good performances and what i have seen he's looked ok, someone who could be a solid player.
of what i have seen of jahurul he looks anything but a solid player tbh
Old May 25, 2012, 10:10 PM
Cricket Legend

For people who vote on 'other' can they please tell us who exactly they want as no. 2 and 3 batsmen.
Old May 26, 2012, 12:16 AM
Cricket Legend

This is great. There was a cry for people for Imrul to go as opener and for Anamul to bat at no. 3. Now its seems like people want to leave it.

Do people want Jahurul to open the batting and Anamul to bat at no. 3 or Anamul to bat at no. 2 and Jahurul to bat at no. 3?
Old May 26, 2012, 04:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

How come Imrul replace Jahurul? Imrul opens the innings, whereas Jahurul bats at #3. Jahurul is perfect at #3. Doing his role quite nicely. He is a good positive player.
Coming to Imrul, a good solid player. Just don't seems to be consistent.
I'll keep both Imrul & Jahurul in my XI.
Old May 26, 2012, 04:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

The wording in the poll is not fair. Anamul is either with Imrul or Jahirul. what about Imrul and Jahirul? As if Anamul is an auto choice- making the poll partial. whereas, he hasn't played any international match yet. Having said that, at some point I really like to see Anamul in the international matches; he has the potential with excellent 42 average in the first class matches. Although, he has only 16 average in "list A" matches playing 17 games, sending a mixed signal. I would be cautious about when to give him a go.
Old May 26, 2012, 04:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskills
The wording in the poll is not fair. Anamul is either with Imrul or Jahirul. what about Imrul and Jahirul? As if Anamul is an auto choice- making the poll partial. whereas, he hasn't played any international match yet. Having said that, at some point I really like to see Anamul in the international matches; he has the potential with excellent 42 average in the first class matches. Although, he has only 16 average in "list A" matches playing 17 games, sending a mixed signal. I would be cautious about when to give him a go.
Well in this forum everyone wants Anamul to be in the team.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 26, 2012, 05:38 PM
Club Cricketer

Guys, its unfair to base decisions around a single player like Anamul who hasnt even played a single game yet. Jaharul needs a proper go, don't chop and change combinations yet. Anamul is still only 19, I dont want him to be rushed into international cricket just yet. If he is the future star, then he needs to be managed properly. Jaharul has shown promise, leave him at No.3 and if Anamul needs to come in then put him in as an opener.
Old May 26, 2012, 07:08 PM
Cricket Guru

well i think what happened is most wanted anamul in the team, but most wanted him as opener, then as the poll went on or it might have even been after the poll was closed we heard that anamul wants to bat at #3 so people started saying they wanted him in the #3 spot not the opening spot.

then when the #3 poll was opened people were saying they wanted to vote for anamul as #3 but they couldn't because he wasn't in the running due to having already been picked as an opener.

i'm an anamul supporter so for me it's a no brainer to have him in the team the question is where should he bat.
Old May 26, 2012, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
well i think what happened is most wanted anamul in the team, but most wanted him as opener, then as the poll went on or it might have even been after the poll was closed we heard that anamul wants to bat at #3 so people started saying they wanted him in the #3 spot not the opening spot.

then when the #3 poll was opened people were saying they wanted to vote for anamul as #3 but they couldn't because he wasn't in the running due to having already been picked as an opener.

i'm an anamul supporter so for me it's a no brainer to have him in the team the question is where should he bat.
Another thing people can do is make Jahurul open the batting with Tamim and put Anamul at no. 3. Then this might fix the problem.
Old May 26, 2012, 09:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Jahurul needs more chances to prove himself but I agree he does look more like a stop gap solution. If he can bat the way he did against India then that would be great but will he? That's why he needs more chances and we can determine from there on. We know what Imrul offers already and he's not bad but don't see him being a world class player.

Anamul should be tried out in either spot but since I want to Jahurul to continue at #3, Anamul should come in as opener. Jahurul has a short window though because some young exciting top order talents are coming. Asif, Shoumya, and Tasamul are all good prospects. So Jahurul needs to show his abilities now or else he'll be replaced by 1 of those guys. Maybe not right now but maybe within a year.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old May 26, 2012, 09:41 PM
Cricket Legend

I see Anamul as a type of cricketer who can adjust to the situation and score solid runs and lay a platform for the rest of the batsmen. Jahurul seems like that kind of player as well. But since Anamul is younger i would want him to be accustomed to the no. 3 position. This is because he is young and the no. 3 position has been a problem for us for a while. It is one of the most crucial positions in the batting order. We need to find a long term solution for this position. Anamul will be the solution.

The no. 2 batsmen (opening batsmen) is a hit and miss kind of role. It isnt as crucial as the no. 3 position. The no. 2 batsmen needs to score quick runs that the no. 3 batsmen can work off. The no. 3 batsmen is looking to bat out the whole innings whereas the no. 2 batsmen isnt. Tamim is looking like the type of player to make a solid 60 at a strike rate of 70 to create a foundation for the team. If Tamim takes this anchor role then the no. 2 batsmens role should be to score a run a ball 35 or 40.

I wouldnt mind Jahurul opening with Tamim but i really think Imrul could be a long term solution for Tamim. He hasnt been as consistent as we have hoped but he has proved to us that he can play cricket. Its a hard decision on who to pick as i also think Jahurul deserves his chance but he is sort of a stop gap solution anyway.

I thought for the long term and decided that Tamim should open with Imrul and Anamul should bat at no. 3. I know that Imrul can learn the role of scoring quick runs for the team. He has the capability to score at a run a ball. I dont think Jahurul will be able to be accustomed to this role.
Old May 26, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cricket Guru

^Well if you want a guy that can hit quickfire 30's and 40's then don't you think its a better option to have Junaid in there opening rather then Imrul? He's a much bigger striker of the ball compared to Imrul who mainly plays the anchor role.

Old May 26, 2012, 10:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
^Well if you want a guy that can hit quickfire 30's and 40's then don't you think its a better option to have Junaid in there opening rather then Imrul? He's a much bigger striker of the ball compared to Imrul who mainly plays the anchor role.

You cant expect Imrul to always play the role of scoring quick 35's. I shouldve mentioned this in my previous post but Tamim isnt always going to make 60's or 70's. If Tamim gets out early then Imrul can play the anchor role. Thats why i think Imrul will be more successful compared to Jahurul or Junaid. Imruls role will primarily be to score quick runs but if the circumstances differ then Imrul can adjust and play the anchor role.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 29, 2012, 05:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Tight voting. Anyones vote can make a huge impact to the outcome.
Old May 29, 2012, 06:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

I think Anamul Haque should be given a chance, but I'd also consider Junaid Siddique who seems to be improving a lot. He's had one crack at international cricket as a greasy teenager, I think it's time he got his second chance because he seems to have learnt a lot and has a way better technique than Islam or Kayes.
Old May 29, 2012, 08:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAus
I think Anamul Haque should be given a chance, but I'd also consider Junaid Siddique who seems to be improving a lot. He's had one crack at international cricket as a greasy teenager, I think it's time he got his second chance because he seems to have learnt a lot and has a way better technique than Islam or Kayes.
I was watching BD vs SL highlights which took place in 2010. Watching Junaid bat in that match was really a treat. The guy really has got great hand-eye coordination and power and he reminds us of that time and again. Unfortunately, he also reminds us of also how many times he threw away his wicket after good starts. I agree though, he's got the best technique and ability out of both Jahurul and Imrul. He should definitely be our opening batsman in T20's.
Old May 29, 2012, 09:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

I'd rather replace Imrul with Nazimuddin.
Old May 29, 2012, 01:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD128
I'd rather replace Imrul with Nazimuddin.
Nazimuddin, my friend?
Old May 29, 2012, 01:37 PM
Street Cricketer

tamim
junaed
anamul
shakib
nasir
mushfiq
riyad
forhad reza
mashrafe